Ice queen (Elijah Mikaelson)

By _N_I_G_H_T_M_A_R_E_S

«She made sin look so holy» An Elijah Mikaelson fanfiction More

Ice Queen
Jarla Sawyer
Elijah Mikaelson
Prologue
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17

2

14.6K 311 19
By _N_I_G_H_T_M_A_R_E_S

                                 1583, Norway

12 little girls sat on a small, grey couch. It was one of the coldest winters since a long time and the blankets ran out. The orphanage drowned in chaos, only yesterday they lost a child that froze to death. The atmosphere was tensed but the children had nothing to do with the dead girl. The rules were strict, friendship was rare. Only one of them didn't feel cold, she liked the temperatures but she was still one of the most silent kids. Since the day she laid in front of the door, she didn't talk much, which didn't change anything on the attention she got. Her bright eyes caught everyone's looks, her hair was completely black.

"Jarla Solheim." She jerked when she heard her name. Slowly she put her hand up, earning a nod from one of the old women. They were checking if everyone was in the room, just like every day. Jarla hated the place, even though she never saw something else. The daily routine never changed, the girls had to wake up early to clean the house, then they all had to take a bath. The first child was always the lucky one, the others had to use the dirty water that was left.

After that they were eating together, only one meal a day. Often the food ran out, some days they had nothing. Jarla never met her parents but she knew that she hated them with passion.

Later the women sent the children up to their beds but the six years old Jarla couldn't sleep. She knew everyone else did so she made her way downstairs, making sure no one could hear her. Slowly she opened the front door and walked outside. The girl smiled when she saw the snow that covered the whole ground, it was something she hadn't done in a long time. The raven haired sat down and touched the snow, a small chuckle escaped her lips.

The little child turned around to check if anyone saw her but turned back to the snow on the ground, that felt really soft and comfortable in her small hands. She let out a laugh when the snow in her hand changed into many little snowflakes. Quickly she looked at her other hand, where the exact same thing happened.

The girl's eyes widened as she noticed how one of her strands of hair changed from black into a shimmering silver.

"Oh please", Elena Gilbert muttered while an unfamiliar man carried her, only to put her down on an old couch. The brunette groaned, her gaze wandered to her hands that were bound together. She whimpered as the man sat down next to her. He had hazel eyes and bright brown hair. "What do you want?", the doppelganger tried again, so the man put a finger to his mouth, as a sign for her to be quiet. He removed the rope from her hands, meanwhile she watched him scared. "Please. I'm hurt", the human whispered. "I know", the male vampire replied before is eyes showed dark veins under them. "Just a taste ", he mumbled and started to lean towards the girl who screamed.

"Trevor!", a female voice stopped the man who rolled his eyes disappointed. "Control yourself and help me with the witch." The woman that spoke had a short hair cut. She was small and had brown eyes.  "You gave her the snowdrop?", the man, Trevor, asked. Elena furrowed her eyebrows. She didn't know of whom they were talking but she assumed she wasn't the only one that got kidnapped.

"What do you want with me?" The woman, Rose, took a step forward and watched the girl fascinated. "My god, you look just like her", she commented, talking about Katherine Pierce. "But I'm not. Please, whatever you..." The Gilbert couldn't finish her sentence because she was interrupted by Rose, who told her to be quiet. Seconds later the man came back, carrying a sleeping girl.

Elena never saw the girl before but felt immediately sorry for the silver haired. She was unusually pale, in general she looked dead. The doppelganger tried to convince the female vampire again, only to get slapped across her face, which leaded her to crash into the couch where Trevor just let the other girl down. The silver haired groaned, making the brunette exhale. So she was alive.

The two vampires left the room while the sleeping girl groaned and woke up slowly. Her eyes fluttered open, surprising Elena with their blueness. "Katherine?", the girl asked confused while she sat up, checking her location. Her head hurt badly and she felt extremely week. "No. My name is Elena Gilbert", the brunette next to her explained, making the witch nod. "I'm Jarla. Jarla Sawyer", she introduced herself, trying to smile at the Gilbert who returned the gesture. The brunette remembered the girl's name, Stefan told her about the witch's help. "You tried to help us", she spoke up, so the blue eyed nodded again. "I'm a friend of Damon", she explained.

Jarla groaned in pain, she could literally smell the snowdrop on her body. The plant weakened her just like vervain did to vampires and wolfsbane to werewolves. The girl concentrated to practice magic, but only little snowflakes left her hands. "Damn it", she muttered, knowing that she wasn't able to fight with them. Elena on the other side watcher her fascinated. "How can you do this?", she asked interested. "I'm from a special coven. A group of witches, only able to create one type of magic. Ice", the silver haired explained. The girl focused again, trying her hardest to create ice but failed badly.

"What's wrong?", the Gilbert asked, noticing the serious look on the witch's face. "Sounds ironic but they gave me snowdrop. It's poison for me." The brunette nodded understanding. She kept her gaze on Jarla, a last question in her mind. "From where do you know Damon?", she spoke up, earning a big grin from the silver haired beauty. "We met in 1911 or something like that. Honestly I'm not good with dates."

Elena widened her eyes, trying to process what she just heard. She was sure to see a young girl in front of her, not an immortal one. "But you're a witch...how is this possible?" Jarla winked amused at the doppelganger and ignored the pain in her chest which was caused by the plant. "Oh, did I forget to mention that I was born in 1577?"

After Jarla ignored many questions from Elena, the two girls stood up to listen to the conversation of the two vampires that kidnapped them. The doppelganger couldn't understand the witch's nature, neither did she get an explanation. It sounded impossible for her that a witch lived more than a half century.

"I'm sick of running", the two girls heard Rose's voice when they slowly walked closer. "Yeah? Well running keeps us from dying", Trevor yelled, so the silver haired furrowed her eyebrows. Who were they afraid of? Who made as old vampires as them run? "Elijah's old school. If he accepts our deal, we're free."

Jarla immediately stopped breathing when she heard the familiar name. She shivered heavily and got goosebumps. The girl gulped nervously , realising why she was there. They wanted to hand her to Elijah Mikaelson, the person she didn't see in years. The beauty groaned annoyed as the floorboard under Elena creaked, which leaded the vampires to turn around.

"You!", Rose shouted, making both girls look up at her. The woman had an angry expression on her face, she obviously wanted her freedom. "There's nothing around here for miles. If you think you're getting out, you're wrong. Understand?", she told the girls. Jarla smiled sarcastically at the older woman, then rolled her eyes. "Calm down Dracula, we just wanted to find out why you need us", she mumbled, earning a glare from the female vampire.

"Who's Elijah?", Elena asked, so the witch shivered again. She didn't hear the name in a long time. "He's your worst nightmare", Rose replied before walking away, leaving the doppelganger shocked. The silver haired decided to stay out of this. She didn't want anyone to know that she already knew the original. After all she did best.

"Why am I here?", the Petrova asked Rose who sighed annoyed. She didn't like the many questions. "You keep asking me questions like I'm gonna answer them", she said. The short haired woman continued her walk only to grab a syringe filled with a strange liquid. Jarla knew the game she played but her magic still didn't work, so she just walked to a window, starring down at the ground. She would probably survive the jump, but running was useless after all the vampires were faster than her and she couldn't defend herself without her magic. When the girl turned around, Rose stood directly behind her and gave her a shot. A painful groan escaped the witch's mouth while she glared deathly at the female vampire.

"Why won't you?", Elena continued after sending a caring look to the silver haired. "That's another one." Bored the blue eyed girl sat down on the couch, admitting that she lost the fight with the new snowdrop in her veins. "You got me okay? It's not like I can go anywhere. The least you can do is tell me what you want." Rose was busy taking a big picture to another place, her gaze on the girl on the couch. "I personally want nothing. I'm just a delivery service."

"Delivery to who? Elijah?", the doppelganger asked, counting the things she heard together. She looked at the witch to get any help but the girl just remained on the couch and put her feet up too, her head on a single pillow. Rose on the other side let out a laugh. "Two points to the eavesdropper." The Gilbert took a step closer to the woman that focused on the big pictures in front of her. "Who is he? Is he a vampire?" Jarla rolled her eyes, annoyed by the many questions which she could answer perfectly. "No he isn't. They spent their whole life running from the tooth fairy."

Elena glared at the girl on the couch while Rose smirked amused. "He's one of the vampires. The originals." The doppelganger furrowed her eyebrows. She never heard of the originals before. "What do you mean?" The vampire sighed again and turned off a light. "Again with the questions. Despite the fact that your little friend over there could tell you so much more."

The woman pointed at Jarla who rolled her eyes. So Rose knew about her. "The little friend tries to sleep", she mumbled, feeling week by the poison plant in her blood. "Didn't Damon teach you?", she added with closed eyes, the female vampire nodded agreeing.

"You know Stefan and Damon?", the brunette asked her. "I know of them. A hundred years back, a friend of mine tried to set me up with Stefan. She said he was one of the good ones. More of sucker for the bad boys, though, but I digress", Rose explained making the silver haired chuckle.
"I heard he eats bunnies. This isn't exactly nice."

The vampire let out a small laugh while Elena crossed her arms. She kept on asking who the originals were, so Rose explained how she was running from them with her friend Trevor and how they wanted to make a deal with Elijah, giving him the Petrova doppelganger for their freedom. "And why do you need Jarla?", the girl asked interested. "Because she's the only member from the strongest witch coven, which ever existed, that's still alive."

Jarla felt how her magic came back as she sat on the couch, swinging her legs. Rose told Elena about the sun and the moon curse and the sacrifice that had to be done to break it. The whole time the silver haired girl wanted to groan, because nearly everything they believed was wrong and the girl knew it. The vampires informed the doppelganger of how they trusted Katerina Petrova and helped her escape from the sacrifice, which leaded the witch to remember the vampires. She heard about them.

After the vampires left, the two girls found a message that was sent by Bonnie to let them know that the Salvatores were going to safe them.

"He's here. This was a mistake", Trevor panicked, speaking to Rose. Jarla stopped swinging her legs, realising that she couldn't escape the situation. She was meeting Elijah again, rather she wanted or not. "No I told you I would get us out of this. Trust me." The silver haired girl looked to the ground. She wouldn't warn them but knew that at least one of them was going to die. She knew Elijah. He was noble but still consequent.

"No! He wants me dead, Rose", Trevor shouted while making wild gestures. Jarla ignored their conversation and focused on her hands. Her finger tips touched the couch and soon a soft skin of ice was to be seen on it. Quickly the girl hid the frozen place and covered it with her leg. She looked up to see Rose gone, seconds later she heard two voices from downstairs.

The witch looked up to the stairs where Rose now stood, a handsome man in a suit next to her. His beautiful eyes met Jarla's and her heart stopped beating. Not a single breath escaped the girl's mouth, as the two of them stood across from each other, starring into another's eyes.

Suddenly the original sped towards her, stopping only centimetres away from the girl that was much smaller than him. His kissable lips changed into a gentle smile when he put his hand softly to her cheek, watching her fascinated while only a quiet whisper left his mouth. "Jarla."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 4.9K 68
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒈𝒊𝒍𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒕 "𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘯 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘯" 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒂𝒏 𝒖𝒏𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕...
14.6K 287 20
"𝑹𝒖𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒐𝒕, 𝑯𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒑." - 𝑻𝒂𝒈, 𝒀𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆...
52.4K 1.4K 37
𝙎𝙪𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙡 𝙥𝙝𝙚𝙣𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙖 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙙𝙖𝙮, 𝙈𝙮𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙘 𝙁𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙣𝙤 𝙚𝙭𝙘𝙚𝙥𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣. 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙡...
41.9K 955 30
in which they learn how to love again THANKSSS FOR 19k!!!!!! TVD- Seasons 3/4 TO- Season 1 #1 Damon #1 TVDU #1 thevampirediares #1 Lorena #1 TVD #1...