AMARANTHINE| The Eternal Love...

By misslullaby_

COMPLETED (Turning Into A Webtoon) Highest in Vampire #33 I died yesterday. Maybe around 11:47 PM? And it was... More

AMARANTHINE WEBTOON Published
Ch.1) The death of 11:47
Ch. 2) Reborn
Ch.3) Getting Used To It
Ch. 4) Forbidden
Ch.5) Sad Melodies
Ch. 6) Bed Time
Ch.7) Eternal Love
Ch.8) Inevitables |Part 1|
Ch.9) Inevitables |Part 2|
Ch.10) The Other Choice
Ch.11) Move On
Ch. 12) In my heart Patience
Author's Note
Ch. 13) One Week
Ch.14) Three days
Ch. 15) It's Okay |Part 1|
A/N **IMPORTANT!!**
Ch. 15) My Amaranthine |Part 2|
Ch. 16) The Blessing
**!!!!I'M BAAAAACK!!!!!!***
Ch. 17) Our Belongings
Ch. 18) Markys
Ch. 19) Dresses and Messes
Ch.20) Sorrow Like a Sad Song
*Urgent**!!!
Ch. 21) Nothing but Afraid
Ch. 22) Semi Silent Secrets
Ch 23.) The August Ball
Ch. 24) Lies and Truths Amidst Mirrors
Ch. 25) This Time
Ch. 27) In One Moment
Ch. 28) The Trials of Love
Ch. 29) The Poetry and Tortures of Love
Ch. 30) Holding Me
****A/N Deadline is Feb 12!!!***
Ch. 31) Don't Leave
Ch. 32) Healing, Forgiveness & Love in the New Year
Ch. 33) Precious Moments
!!Sneak Peek!!
Ch. 34) Blood
Ch. 35) Falling Into Place
Ch.36) Epilouge| Even in the Ever After
DOLENT
Amaranthine BOOK 2 IS UP!
Message for my Webtoon Readers!!

Ch. 26) The Colors Amidst the Black

4.8K 235 59
By misslullaby_

A/n: chapter 26 of Ines and jerbear on their little spontaneous getaway. Enjoy!! And thanks for being patient, this update is looooong overdue.
.

.

.

.

.
.
.

.
"What are you doing?" Jerias's voice rises in confusion.

"Um," I stand up right abruptly and turn to face him standing by the door, and I place my hand on my hip, "Cleaning. What does it look like?" I continue with the task and shake my head, "Jerias you're a complete mess. Those maids do to damn much for you. Dirty clothes don't go on the floor you idiot. Find somewhere else to put them."

"I pay well." Jerias says instead, "When you're done you can make something so you can finally eat. You haven't eaten."

"You can't cook? Not even for me?"

"No. I never needed to, and never will."

"Fuck you." I mumble under my breath.

"Right now?" Jerias's voice drops as he speaks, clearly keen to what I had just said.

A smile breaks out across my face, "You're so annoying. Go do something Jerias."

Jerias makes his way into the room and his hands find my backside. I stand and look at him, "Go away."

"You just asked to fuck me. I'm fulfilling your wishes," his eyes narrow and he pulls me close to him. The only thing keeping us apart were the pile of clothing in my hand.

"I would never say anything like that."

He cocks his head, "You're cute." He mumbles then looks down at the clothing in my hands, "Even when you're lying."

He takes the clothes from me, "I'll put these in the laundry for you. Go eat something."

"I'm not lying," I follow him out the room, "You know damn well I'm not that type of girl."

"You think you're not," Jerias exclaims, "You're different when it comes down to actually getting into the act."

"The hell are you talking about?"

Jerias laughs a bit, "You're sweet." He tells me, "And you become all needy." His eyes darken just as they alway do when he gets turned on, "It's almost satisfying just watching your little body tremble for me."

"For you," I raise my brows at the comment,"And who exactly are you?"

"Careful..." Jerias sounds amused, "Or I might just give a little reminder."

My face heats and I squint my eyes at him doing my best to not show how much I loved the idea of it on my face, instead I try to forget he even said that and say, "Its not like you give me a choice," I push past him, "Fucking sadist."

Jerias huffs lightly and his smile widens, "Are you going to tell me you don't like it?"

I roll my eyes and pretend I don't hear him, but he continues to pursue me following me into the kitchen.

"Well?"

I walk around the counter comfortable enough to look at him now that there was something between us. Leaning against it I sigh, "Fine. Maybe..." I throw my hands up in the air a bit, "I might like it a little bit."

Jerias nods me and smiles, "There you go princess."

Chewing on my lip I laugh a bit, "You're seriously so annoying." I walk to the fridge and search for something I was interested in eating. I didn't want to cook so a sandwich was tempting, "Like super annoying." I continue, "But," I smile a small one and say sweetly, "I still love you very much."

He laughs, shaking his head as he stares at me before disappearing to the laundry machines. They weren't big or anything, just the right size for two people staying for a vacation or something.

By the time Jerias returns, I've already completed my sandwiches and ate one of them.

"Took you long enough," I say through a mouth full of food, "Things didn't get too complicated for you down there did they?"

"Haha," Jerias drawls out sarcastically, "Very funny. I can do laundry Ines, relax."

I smile, "When do we go back home?" I question randomly.

He looks at me, and I notice the way his eye lids lower as if he was annoyed that I asked that. For a moment I'm taken aback but I withhold from reacting. Jerias simply sighs then walks around the other sided of the counter to sit down next to me, "Let's not worry about that right now." He rest his head in his hand as he speaks.

"What do you think everyone's gunna say? Don't you think it'll be big trouble for you. What if everyone's worried?"

"Do you care?" He voice dips in a way that suggest he himself doesn't care.

I chew for a moment staring into mid air then look at him. He'd made me turn my phone off as he did his own, too keep away from unimportant distractions. I don't know what came over him when he told us to come here but it's already been three days. And I wondered if he was planning on staying here forever. It made me realize just how much he kept within himself. How long he was thinking about doing this or was it simply just an impulsive act? If it were wouldn't he be thinking of going back home by now? I would think so.

But Jerias wasn't an impulsive man. He thought about this. For some time it would seem. The moments where it would be just us and no one else. No fear. No worries. The moments where he'd get to let go of the very struggles that held him latched for so long. And touch me... love me in the way I thought I'd only ever be able to dream of.

Did I care about what everyone thought? What everyone felt or did? For so long the bittersweet act of loving each other was what kept us at bay because it was forbidden. Yet all along, those around us. Those who warned us, had allowed themselves to feel the deep thriving feeling Jerias and I didn't think we could ever know. They lived. While we suffered. For this moment there is none of that. There is nothing forbidden. No heavy aches in our hearts. This time it was our turn. This time Jerias wasn't forcing himself to do something that might've been killing him. This time I got to see the version of the man I loved to be entirely true.

So I smile at Jerias. And lean into him until my lips press against his, "No..." I whisper and he gazes at me with smiling eyes, but gentle lips.

Pulling away I feel my heart jump in my chest and my smile widens. This was thrilling. He was thrilling.

Quickly finishing my food, I rinse my hands and turn to Jerias, "Okay?" I rest my hands on my hips, "What now?"

"Whatever pleases you love." Jerias throws his arm back against the counter still remaining seated and he waves his hand a bit nodding.

"There's gotta be something fun around here to do?" I step closer to him.

"Yes," Jerias agrees, "Enjoy each other's company."

I cock my head at him roll my eyes, "Right," I drawl out, "Besides that of course. Movies, Running, Rock climbing? Anything?"

He shrugs and smiles small but the way his eyes look distantly at my form informs me his minds mostly else where. Maybe more like down there.

"Dancing?!" I say cheerfully and randomly in hopes of distracting his wandering thoughts.

"If I recall correctly Ms. Archer," he meets my eyes now with a raised brow, "I believe you can't dance."

"Not that box step bullshit." I skip to him and wrap my arms around his shoulder leaning close I stare at him seductively, "Ever had a girl wine on you before?"

"Wine?" Jerias cocks his head and strokes my arms, "Like the drink?"

"Oh please," I roll my eyes and Jerias laughs.

"Ines I don't live under a rock," he jokes, "I've done far more than you could ever imagine." His eyes seem distant when he say this so I pull away bit. Curious of my mystery man all over again.

"Is that a bad thing or good thing?" I ask gently almost.

Jerias in turn shrugs, "It's life my love."

My lids lower at the words and my lips curve a tiny bit, "I like that."

"What?"

"When you call me that. Your love." I kiss his cheek and lean against him, "Makes me feel closer to you than ever. Than anyone else." Then I sigh, "Even though that's not true."

He smiles a little bit curiously, "What makes you think that?"

"You've slept with other girls. Probably while I was your Amaranthie too. I don't know why it took me till the stupid ball to realize that."

Jerias stands then, "Ines you can't possibly be that naive."

"Excuse me?"

Jerias rolls his eyes then slips his fingers into mine pulling us outside to the balcony. We sat and I observe the sky as he spoke. It was the time of day where the sun was beginning to sink. And beautiful warm dim colors filled the sky. Giving an almost sad yet hopeful taste. It was why I prefer the sunset. The way it contradicted itself. Made a person feel... melancholic, yet infinite.

"Ines?"

"Hmm."

"Did you hear me?" Jerias ask.

"No I'm not listening to your bullshit." I wasn't in the mood to hear him talk about his sleeping with other girls.

"You can't possibly have thought I wasn't going to have sex with other people. What? I get an Amaranthine and suddenly I stop."

"I'm technically your soulmate asshole. Get it right."

"I wasn't aware of that before."

"Well you found out eventually I'm sure, probably knew before I did. You're not that stupid."

"And so when I did. I stopped."

Yeah right, "Whatever," I say instead all while rolling my eyes.

Jerias laughs amused then stops talking for a moment before saying, "Truth is really... I stopped long before that."

I look at him with a disbelieving face but Jerias was looking up at the sky as he spoke. His hands in between the chair and his head in a casual manner, "I didn't know why, or how. But I knew that you were all I wanted. Nothing else... nothing else mattered after that. Or anyone. No one else could give me what a mere glance from you did."

My heart drops, "Really?" I ask quietly.

"Sounds ridiculous... but yeah."

"Awe," then I add jokingly, "I'm so happy to know I have that much power over you."

Jerias laughs with a bright smile then rolls his eyes but says quietly, "Far more than you'll ever know."

I simply stare at him then shift in the outstretched chair, moving so that I was laying on my side, "Hey Jerias?"

"Hm?"

"Why are you- or were you scared?"

Jerias is quiet as I suspected he would be at first then he speaks calmly, "I was afraid of death Ines."

"Death?" I repeat, "Understandable. Most people don't wish to die after all right?"

"Of course," he tells me, "But it's more than that," he looks at me finally. And I take the moment to appreciate his gorgeous golden eyes, "I was afraid of the downfall. The shoes I had to fill. After my father..."He looks away again then tells me, "It's was a lot Ines... I didn't want to disappoint my people. I didn't want to fail them..." he says heavily, "Besides..."

"What?"

"So much was at stake... And not only for me but for you too. Others could take position of head and change the lives of humans and Nosferatus altogether... It'd be nothing but death and mass destruction Ines."

"Sounds terrible."

"It does," he sighs again, "There's suspicion that the elders are not actually drinking animal blood." He pinches his nose, "That'd be quite a story if it were true." He mumbles but it sounded like it was more to himself. He's words heavy with stress, and it seemed like he was drifting away to his troubles again.

"Hey..."

"Hm?"

"Why won't you drink my blood? You haven't fed in weeks Jerias, you must be starving. I don't know what your trying to prove starving yourself like that."

"Yes. You do." He simply say and a melancholy feeling washes over me, perhaps it was the way his voice lowered and softened with a quiet desperation when he said that, "Right now Ines... It's just us. Nothing else. And I've done enough of my fair share to doubt you. So you know what I'm trying to prove."

"You're hurting yourself," I whisper sadly, "You don't have to keep doing that... It's unnecessary I know how you really feel. I get it already."

His lids lower at me almost peacefully before he outstretches his hand towards me, "Come here." He beckons.

I stare a moment then lift myself slowly off of my cushioned extended chair and lay down next to him in his. I opt to rest my head on his chest and Jerias lifts my leg to lay across his hips.

"Don't worry for me," he assures me.

"What kind of- Jerias you know I'm going to worry about you..." the words break in my throat nearly to the point of it being inaudible.

"When we get home then," he tries to convince me, "But for now please Ines, if not for yourself allow me to do so for myself."

I chew on my bottom lip then shift as I lift my head and rest against my elbows, "Is that what you're trying to do... Prove yourself ?"

"Partially if I'm to be honest."

I brush away a strand of hair from his forehead and smile sweetly to him, "Kissing me in front of the entire council wasn't proof enough for yourself."

Jerias smiles back then shakes his head, "That wasn't proof at all. I did it because I wanted to, nothing more."

"Or less?"

"Yeah."

Gazing at him I feel my heart well up in my chest again, then I stroke the stubble of his chin and cheeks, "Since you've cut your hair... you know you look a lot like your father."

In turn Jerias says nothing but I notice the spark in his eyes, and I take the moment to ask what I've been meaning to ask him for sometime now, "How... How do you feel? About your dad being here?"

He looks away for a moment and I'm already prepared for the possibility that he wouldn't speak to me about his dad. It was the kind of man he was Jerias, quiet of all the things that hurt. This I knew merely for that fact that I too was the same. But... things are different now in way right? So I ask, for the possibility he might just tell me instead. Because I knew I would do so now as well. Jerias shuts his eyes a split second before looking back at me, "Happy of course," he merely says, then, "As anyone would be. I have my father back."

"He never left," I say.

"Not physically, he was alive but he left," Jerias tells me his voice a bit harder now, "He lived. And he left. I thought he died. Even now, with my knowledge that he lives nothing's changed. It still feels like..." he sighs breathing out a shaky breath, "Like he died."

"So how do you really feel? Besides happy."

"Confused..." he whispers then he laughs that all too well known laugh full of cynicism, "It's the worst part of it all really. The fact that he didn't die. And yet it still feels like he did. He- he should've told me. He shouldn't have let me think that all these years."

"Do you," my voice softens, "Have you ever blamed yourself for it... for his death."

Jerias looks at me and I hope he can tell that I understand how he feels, "For years."

"You're angry."

"Yes, but he's apologized much already."

"Still. It will take time to forgive him right."

"It not his fault. Not entirely if anything, but... Yes."

I nod at him and press my lips against his, "That's okay, you know."

"Mm," his pulls me closer against him and we sit in the comfort of silence, enough so for me since he'd just shared his feelings with me. In a way for some reason, it made everything seem more real, less like a dream. And more official. More permanent.

"After everything's over, and we get the new laws passed and old ones removed. I'm thinking of resigning as head Ines."

"What?" I furrow my brows together, "Why would you do that?"

"For myself. For you..." he runs his hand up and down my arms, "I want to take you back home."

"I am home. With you."

"We could leave this place Ines, we could start over. Or continue. Somewhere new. But away from here."

"So I could say hello to old friends," I joke throwing his words to me back at him with a wide grin hysterical to Jerias's plans for the future.

"Certainly a new city, or state would do better," he laughs lightly.

"Jerias you can't possibly be serious?"

"I am... Do you not want too?"

"I do... I would love that. But what would we do?"

"Anything we want. Everything. Start a family."

"You want to start a family?" My brows shoot up and I look at him, "Jerias you're officially crazy," I say all while smiling.

"The side effects of you to me Ines," he grins a bit then nods, "But yes. A family would be nice. We... we can't have kids obviously, with you being a human and I nosferatu, but... we can adopt if you'd like..."

"I'm definitely too young to have kids now but. In ten years or so, sure...Yeah! Of course," I whisper tears brimming my eyes and I cup his face kissing him, "Of course Jerias."

I couldn't believe he was suggesting all of that, or even thinking so far ahead about us too, but, it didn't matter to me. Having a family with him would be perfect.

"Jesus," I pull away and sit up, "You're going to have me crying you know?"

Jerias simply sucks his teeth and says, "Please don't."

"Asshole, you don't have to be mean." I say jokingly of course. Jerias as mean as he seemed, had the softest and kindest heart I'd ever known. The man was lovely, and his desires were pure. So much so, his hopefulness surprised me.

And I pray for it to never be tainted. For everything to always and forever remain good. But...
Who's knows right? The world we left behind at home was still going to be there.

So who knows.
.

.

.

.

"Let's swim in the lake today?" It was terribly late at night when Jerias suggested that, it was a wonder why we were even still awake.

"The lake?" I nearly laugh, "How deep is it?"

"Depends how far we go?"

"Jerias it's two in the morning." I shake my head at him curling up next to him on the couch.

"I'm aware." He pats my thigh. Then grabs the remote and shuts the tv before standing up, "Come on," he's already removing his shirt.

"What? Jerias no. I don't even have a swim suit."

"Just wear your bra and underwear," he throws his shirt on the couch then smirks at me, "You could always go in naked."

I roll my eyes and suck my teeth, "You boutta go in that shit by yourself. I'll be asleep when you come back." I lift myself of the couch and make towards our room.

"See you outside," Jerias simply says as if he didn't hear me just say no, "I'll give you five minutes."

"I'll give you five minutes," I mock him with a small smile, "Fine. Whatever," I throw my hands in the air and call out to him, "But I'm definitely not coming naked."

Using the bathroom too pee first I head outside again.

Standing by the lake I stare at it with a lighter outlook. After all, Jerias was being perhaps more spontaneous than usual. Swooning at two in the morning. It was rather unlike him, but it showed he was putting effort. Or maybe even, perhaps he had something planned?

Smiling to myself I shake my head as I lift my shirt over my head, removing my pants right after. I stare down at my underwear and bra, not caring so much that they were entirely not seductive, or not even matching. Hopefully Jerias was expecting to merely enjoy a swim, and wasn't planning on making a move in the water.

Jeez. Could one imagine? I'd totally say no.

"Where is he anyways?" I question quietly to myself as I skim the lakes area for him.

"Here," Jerias sneaks up on me and slaps my behind.

"Ah! Oh my gosh! What the he-"

"Let's go," he quickly slips his hand into mine, and leads us closer to the lake all while I stare at him in both awe and shock.

"What in the world has gotten into you?" My mouth gapes as I smile. He's almost a new person.

"Nothing," he lets go of my hand and makes way into the water first, "Careful coming in" he tells me even though I hadn't even made a move inside yet, "watch your step so you don't slip."

"Jerias," I shake my head, "Do you think I'm an idiot. Stop telling me what to do."

Laughing he lifts his hands defensively and the water splashes around him before his head disappears underneath. I watch him venture father out into the lake. Much too far for my liking.

"Hey!" I yell, as I carefully step into the water, hissing at the cold wet touch, "Go any farther than that and I promise you I'll go back inside!"

Jerias head pops up from underneath and he spin to look at me cocks his head, "Afraid of water?"

"I'm not a good swimmer," I say, although I'm sure he's noticed all with the way I swam carefully and slowly towards him.

When I get to him I wrap my hand around his arms, the water rose and brushed just at my collar bone. Looking at him I say, "But I do have thalassophobia."

"What?"

"Aha! Something you don't know of."

"Just kidding," he says shutting my shit down real quick, "The water isn't too deep if we don't go far," his hand raises over my shoulder as he touches me, "But if it gets bad just let me know."

"I'm okay," I look at him squinting mostly, "You know?" I say in a matter of fact tone, "If it wasn't for your ability to see in the dark perfectly fine. You wouldn't be able to see me right now."

"Yeah? Why so?" He looks up at the sky then.

"Cause I can barely see you. And I'm like a hundred shades darker."

I watch a small grin crack over his face before Jerias focuses his attention back on me, "Oh yeah, you can't see me?" he says his arm pulling me closer to him as it wraps around my waist, "Can you feel me?"

I dip my hand into the water before flicking it and splashing water all over his face. His arm around me loosens and I manage to pull away all while laughing.

"Ni-ice," Jerias wipes a hand over his face and continues laughing.

"That's what you get for scaring me," I shrug with a smug look.

Jerias lightly splashes water back at me and I smile, "What were you doing anyways?" I ask him.

"Nothing." He only says then pulls me back over to him by my hand.

"Nothing?" I cock my hand at the blatant lie, "The hell you mean nothing?"

"Exactly what I said."

"Um well you better fix that shit cause-"

"I was on the phone," he mutters out almost annoyed but I didn't care.

"This late?" Who the hell wants to talk at this time? I make a face then add jokingly, "Does she know you're busy with me at the moment?"

Jerias glances at me then let's me go, clearly not liking the joke but I still laugh, "Seriously Ines?" He says.

"Kidding, kidding. It was a joke. But really though, who was it?"

"Ronan." Jerias says after a moment, "Can we not talk about this."

I stare at him stubbornly then sigh in defeat before wrapping my arms around him and pressing my head on his chest, "Will you at least tell me if it's any kind of trouble."

"No Ines," he strokes my shoulders, "No trouble."

"Alright then I'll drop it," I shrug. I was only concerned cause Jerias told me to turn my phone off during the whole thing. Saying he was going to do the same. This way we aren't piled with stress or distractions, no worries. For him to be talking on the phone right now it had to be something serious right?

I groan then suck my teeth.

"Let it go," Jerias only says.

"Okay, okay."

"Just look," he whispered then points at the sky, "Enjoy the view."

I do as he says and in moments the pretty sights of all the stars twinkling takes my breath away. And for a second I think about how my mother would've loved this. The night sky was her favorite. Smiling I remember how Jerias claimed it to be his too, "You have a thing for lakes don't you," I ask him.

"What makes you say that?"

"You have a lake house Jerias. And the one behind the house back at home. You like going there to think and breathe right?"

"Yeah," he agrees, "Guess I just find it peaceful... but this," Jerias pauses, "The view from here is what it really is. It's beautiful... that's all."

It is.

"This is nice." I tell him.

Enjoying this for the time we had with each other alone was perfect. So I was going to do just that. Sometimes the world grew dark and scary. Unexpected in its black array. Like the night sky. But this moment, right now? This was our colors. Like the bright stars and the moon that shone like promising hope... It was the colors amidst the black.

Word Count: 4201

Thanks for reading don't forget to vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 234 32
Let me be straight up and say, this is extremely unedited. I wrote this in the notepad on my phone a couple years ago when I was in an entirely diffe...
199 3 8
Jade meets this irresistibly hot vampire and handsome warewolf at her family's old hometown. Her being herself she wanted to explore the old ancient...
265K 10.8K 49
[COMPLETED] ೋღ🌹ღೋ He stands roughly a few feet away from me, his body towering over my crouched one. I bring my legs up to my chest, pushing myself...
708K 1.8K 5
Let me tell you what it was to be made vampire. It wasn't birth. Birth implies pushing, tearing forth into the light, screaming. Becoming immortal wa...