Hopelessly Devoted | Hale- TO...

By multi_fandom2015

You know I'm just a fool who's willing To sit around and wait for you But, baby, can't you see There's nothin... More

Summary + Cast
1 | New Life
2 | The Call
3 | Lord Tristan de Martel
4 | Past, Present, and Future
5 | Strix Initiation
6 | I'm Here
7 | Family Conversations
9 | Interrogation
10 | Surprise Guests
11 | Thanksgiving Dinner
12 | Negotiation
13 | Lexi V. Tristan
14 | Bigger Problems
15 | Control Yourself
16 | Happy Family Christmas
17 | Get Out
18 | Battle Preparations
19 | Not Herself
20 | In Your Head
21 | A Fox
22 | Games
23 | White Oak Bullets
24 | Out Of Time
25 | We Are The Same
26 | Not The Same
27 | Doppelbitch's Boyfriend
28 | Your Fault
29 | Hello, Little Sister
30 | Spiral
31 | Lockdown
32 | Family Quarrel
33 | Last of the White Oak
34 | Into An Original
35 | Loophole
36 | Town of Our Sorrows
37 | Final Step
38 | Say Goodbye
39 | All My Heart
40 | Took Them
41 | Unworthy
42 | Sweet Camille
43 | Wake Up
44 | Warning System
45 | Excellent Runners
46 | I Hate You
47 | Friend, Foe, Family
48 | No Choice
49 | Intuition
50 | Bear Witness
51 | The Puzzle
52 | Gone
Epilogue
NEXT BOOK

8 | Making Their Move

2.6K 97 3
By multi_fandom2015

"Look, Hale. I appreciate you coming with me to get a coffee, but I can handle myself," Hayley states in exasperation.

Derek rolls his eyes and stops her. "Could you stop being a bitch for a second?"

"Hmm, let me think. No." She deadpans.

"Listen, I get that you're upset with Lexi for not finding out how to turn you human, but we were a little preoccupied trying to not get killed." Derek reminds her. "Remember you're not the only problem she had, and, please, never say you can handle yourself in front of her because she will go off on you quicker than Klaus would if you took Hope away again. Trust me, ok? She hates when people say that. Especially after Allison."

"Sorry. Sheesh." Hayley mutters as she starts to walk again. Derek sighs, shaking his head before he catches up to her. His phone rings, and he quickly answers it.

"Hey, Lex," he says, smiling slightly. Hayley gags at the cheesiness without bothering to listen to his conversation. "Yes, I'm fine. I'm with Hayley. We'll meet up with you soon." 

He suddenly stops, his hand wrapping around Hayley's arm. He moves his head slightly, motioning to a man following them. "On second thought, it might be awhile until we can meet. Call you later."

He hangs up the phone and Hayley nods in understanding. They both walk over to an alley, glancing over their shoulders occasionally. As the mystery man walks into the alley, he narrows his eyes, seeing no one. 

A paint can rolls towards him, prompting him to stop it with his foot. He takes a few steps forward before pausing, sensing someone behind him. "You're not very good at tailing people," Hayley states.

"Are you?" Derek adds, digging into the man's sense of pride. The man uses his vampire speed to run behind them.

"My talents lie elsewhere," He tells them. Derek punches first, causing the man to jerk back. Hayley kicks out only for the man to duck. She brings her elbow up as he grabs it and pushes down. A sickening crack sounds as Hayley cries out. Derek head-butts the man to get him away from Hayley. 

The man grabs Derek's shirt and throws him into the wall, his hand wrapping around Derek's throat. Derek coughs before Hayley punches the man in the face. His hold loosens, allowing Derek to grab his wrist and bite down hard as Hayley bites the man's neck. The man screams out and both wolves advance.

Meanwhile, Lexi and Freya sit at the bar upstairs as Elijah prepares a drink with his blood for the girls' hangovers. Elijah hands them the drinks, saying, "Drinking with Rebekah. Always an adventure."

He walks over to some sketches Klaus drew of the prophecy. Freya walks over, sipping her drink, as Lexi plops on the couch, her hand on her forehead. "You seem more annoyed than usual," Freya observes.

"It's Aurora," Elijah tells them. "Her influence frightens me. And yet, our hideously-deluded brother seems to think that she may be the key to ending this wretched prophecy."

"If she's aligned with Tristan, Nik has no chance," Lexi states.

"And still, he believes that she can be swayed. Although, his perspective of family loyalty is schizophrenic at best."

"Well, I don't understand why Lucien and Tristan are working together. Aren't their sire lines direct enemies?" Freya questions.

"Well, a mutual lack of goodwill toward our family might not be entirely unjustified," Lexi mentions sheepishly. Freya's expression turns stern as Lexi looks at Elijah.

"Hatred's a hell of a thing, Freya." He sighs.

"Why? All you did was sire them. They don't seem to be complaining." Freya grumbles, settling next to Lexi.

Elijah looks down as Lexi licks her lips, going to stand next to her brother. "Elijah... Alexis..." Freya's tone turns warning. "What exactly did you do?"

"I compelled Lucien to believe that he was Niklaus, Aurora to believe that she was Rebekah, and Tristan, myself. After I sired him, of course." Elijah admits. Freya's expression drops, turning into disappointment.

"This was a period of mayhem for us, Freya." Lexi tries to justify. "It was the 11th century, Mikael was hunting us mercilessly... So, yes, Elijah compelled them. And then, he told them to run."

"You made them bait." Freya snaps.

"Not the kindest thing I ever did, if I'm perfectly frank with you." Elijah nods. "So, as we found respite in the sleepy, yet charming vineyards of Tuscany, Father hunted the decoy Mikaelson children to the far-reaches of Europe for the better part of a century. Then, we were inconveniently daggered. The compulsion was broken. Here we are."

"How's the head?" Lexi asks in amusement as Freya rubs her temples.

"Spinning." She laughs bitterly. "But I don't think it's the hangover."

"Freya, something you must understand about this family— under threat, we take action, for better or worse. Whatever it takes to protect our own." Elijah reminds her.

"So, you're telling me their days are numbered?" Freya asks.

"If they really are working against us, then, yes," Lexi states. "Without question." Freya purses her lips and Lexi grabs a bottle of bourbon. "Perhaps a little of the strong stuff might be more effective, wouldn't you say?"

Freya holds her glass out only for her hand to start shaking. Lexi, feeling something wrong as well, drops the bottle on the couch, stumbling slightly. "What is it?" Elijah asks worriedly.

"Something's wrong," Lexi tells him, uncertainty in her eyes.

Freya stands up with a fire in her blue eyes. "We need to call Rebekah now."

Lexi grabs a piece of paper and a pen as Elijah grabs his phone to call Rebekah. Lexi writes: Call home, sister, please. She crumples it into a ball as Elijah walks back in.

"She's not answering," he states worriedly.

Lexi takes the paper and puts it in her hands before she mutters, "Touve mon se kavo. Touve mon se kavo."

She gasps as she pulls her hands apart. Blood drips onto the carpet as she looks up, horrified. "There's nothing to connect to." She gulps.

"She's gone," Freya breathes.

"What do you mean, 'She's gone?'" Elijah asks, his expression turning grave.

"Alexis can't find her. Which means her witch body, her connection to magic..."

"It's as if it's just vanished." Lexi finishes. "It's gone."

All three of them rush to get materials. Elijah grabs potions as Lexi and Freya run over to the former's apartment to grab the remnants of the spell to contact Rebekah. They all meet back in the cathedral where Lexi and Freya set to work. "Mikaelson blood tracks Mikaelson blood. I should be able to find her." Freya mutters to herself, pouring various mixtures into one bowl.

Freya hands Elijah a knife, and he quickly slices his palm and lets his blood flow into the bowl. "I don't understand." Freya shakes her head. "Why bring Rebekah into this?"

"They want all three sires," Elijah states angrily. "Tristan and Lucien kept us occupied here while they hunted Rebekah."

"She's strong, she can't be killed—"

"The prophecy says otherwise." Lexi reminds her. After a tense moment, Freya begins to chant alone.

"Sang bis najitt trouver. Sang bis najitt trouver. Sang bis najitt trouver."

—|—|—|—

"She can't stay there." Elijah states as Freya opens her eyes again.

"Rebekah cannot fight them alone," Lexi stresses.

"I tried." Freya sighs. "She's in no mood to listen. Perhaps you'll have better luck."

Elijah and Lexi exchange a look and before they can do anything else, Elijah's phone rings. He pulls it out, only to roll his eyes. "It's Marcel." He picks up and moves to the side, despite knowing that everyone is listening. "Your timing is perfectly horrendous."

"Yeah? Well, I need your help," Marcel says. "Hayley and Derek caught one of Tristan's guys tailing them." Lexi's eyes widen as she attempts to grab the phone.

"Tristan's man was doing what?" She exclaims. She reaches for the phone, but Elijah swats her hand away which elicits a whine from Lexi.

"They knocked him out, brought him to the gym for a little Q&A. Problem is, it's Shen Min." This time, Lexi succeeds in grabbing the phone.

"You get them out of there, right now," she orders, voice cold.

"Marcellus, do I need to remind you that Shen Min was known as 'the Red Sorrow' before he was a vampire?" Elijah adds.

"You execute him immediately," Lexi tells him sternly.

"Guys—" Freya calls, but they do not listen.

"Before he wakes, you tear that heart from his chest." Lexi snarls. She hangs up without another word, turning back to Freya. All three siblings hold hands as Freya chants.

They all open their eyes to see a colorful room in Morocco, a blonde waiting for them. "It's good to see you." Rebekah sighs, smiling. "Even if you're not flesh and blood."

"It's time for you to come home, Rebekah," Elijah tells her softly, smiling at the fact that she is back in her original body.

"No! I'm too close to bringing Kol back." Rebekah refuses.

"You're even closer to bringing about your own destruction." Elijah points out.

"I'm not leaving without that spell," Rebekah states stubbornly.

"As much as I hate to say it, Kol will have to wait. The Strix are making their move." Lexi gulps slightly.

"What happened?" Rebekah glances between her siblings.

"Derek and Hayley had an encounter with Shen Min. They, along with Marcel, are dealing with the matter accordingly." Lexi reports, no emotion in her voice.

"What the hell are you doing here? Go and save them before that lunatic gets free!" Rebekah yells.

"Give us your word. Come home now." Elijah orders. "No detours."

Rebekah looks at her sisters before relenting. "Fine. But, my niece's mum, my future brother-in-law, and that handsome fool better be alive when I get back." Lexi's eyes widen as she starts to sputter.

Elijah rolls his eyes as he grabs Lexi's arm. He turns to Freya as Lexi looks at the ground, avoiding Rebekah's teasing gaze. "You make certain she returns," Elijah tells Freya before turning back to Rebekah. "I'll see you tonight." 

Guys, Rebekah's comment.... OMG Rebekah. I love you. Hope you enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.1K 2.9K 41
No good deed goes unpunished All helpful urges should be circumvented No good deed goes unpunished Sure, I meant well - Well, look at what well-meant...
156K 5.8K 21
IN WHICH ELLA LAWRENCE WAKES UP IN THE BODY OF A THOUSAND YEAR OLD ORIGINAL HYBRID. [the originals season one-five] [contains spoilers for TO, TVD] ...
542K 14.3K 48
"I should tell you, I'm disaster." Lexi Mikaelson had pushed down her fears and regrets for too long. Will they finally come out into the open? Book...
224K 6.9K 38
Despite knowing what she was in for, she made a choice to help the Crescent Wolf Pack, believing that it could bring the prosperity and peace they'd...