Enemies with Benefits: Freshm...

By Wolfgirl54

My freshman year may have not been a Happily Ever After, but it was sure pretty damn close. This is the third... More

Enemies with Benefits: Freshman in Training
Step 1: You Stress About Past Problems
Step 2: Know That Highlighters Cannot Open Lockers
Step 3: Know You're Not So Different From Each Other
Step 4: Seating Arrangements Are A Bitch
Step 5: Partnered Projects
Step 6: You'll Make an Ass of Yourself.
Step 7: I Want Crazy...
Step 8: Know Thy Enemy
Step 9: Vague Date Suggestions and Broken Promises
Step 10: French Vanilla Iced Coffee
Step 11: "He Gets Happy Around You"
Step 12: Call Me, Miss Movin' On
Step 13: Don't Fall For His Best Friend... Seriously Don't.
Step 14: My Knight Can't Do Cartwheels
Step 15: I'm Not the Only One That's Broken
Step 16: Leaving?
Step 17: Cheater, Cheater
Step 18: Apple Ate My Apple...
Step 19: Purge Masks & Snapchats
Step 20: You Won't Know Him Anymore... I Just Don't...
Step 21: When One Boy Likes a Girl, They All Start To Like Her.
Step 22: Popular Girl Mafia
Step 24: Red
Step 25: Rejection at its Finest
Step 23: Right Now
Step 26: Sparks Fly
Step 27: "Did he just flirt with me?"
Step 28: Don't Give In
Step 29: Detention with Dylan?
Step 30: Here We Go... Again.
Step 30 Part 2: My Own Point of View
Step 31: Kevin's Big Hands Have Nothing On Me.
Step 32: University of Confusing Boys
Step 34: Deals with an Unconvincing Devil
Step 35: Follow GirlCode.
Step 36: Mind Over Matter.
Step 37: Truth Comes Out
Step 38: Confiding in Dylan...
Step 39: Saying Goodbye?
Step 40: Closure.

Step 33: Accidental Boners?

1.4K 23 14
By Wolfgirl54

So I'm not exactly sure what date this was on but I remember most parts well.

I was offered to join Jake and Hondo in a seat in science. You can imagine the shock when Kevin left his original seat with Aiden and sat across from me.

I groaned and ran a hand though my hair. He was already pissing me off that day. Trying to ignore the slight brush of our knees, I listened to the lecture and continued on to find compounds in equations and total masses. I hate science.

We all worked together; well Jake, Hondo, and I did. Kevin just copied what he heard.

Somehow the conversation of why I hate Kevin came up.

"Seriously why do you hate me so much?" I scoffed. He wasn't serious?

"Seriously? You're kidding." He shook his head. "Fine. There's many. One, you're an absolute jerk to me. You think just because other girls think nothing of your jokes doesn't mean I do. Two, you make my birthday misrable! Three,-" He smiled, laughing. "you're face! God like- no you're smile! That little smile you do, God it's like a smirk but it's not and its frustrating!" Okay that last one was purely from my liking of him but it is a reason I hate him.

He ranted on after me about how all this stuff is a misunderstanding.

"No. You don't know how long your words stick with me. You hurt me." It's so weird saying this all loud. I could go on and on.

"Well I know how it feels to be bullied I mean-" He lowered his voice, which he only did when he was serious. "Like in basketball. I get bullied all the time." "It's not the same!" I groaned. He just wasn't getting it.

"No I know that but-" "I can't. I can't talk about this anymore." I mumbled.

Once the class ended I rushed out of there. At least he knew somewhat of what he does.

3-20-14

"Alright class listen up. Let's say, you had a million dollars." Instantly the class erupted in thoughts of what we would do with the money.

One workd for me: Tickets.

Magcon tickets, Concert tickets...

"What responsible thing would you spend your money on? What are your wants? Needs? Write it down."

I made a list of concert tickets, collage, a car, new house, exc.

"Selena would you like to share?" Concert tickets didn't get the best reaction from the audience.

"Collage." I continued down my list.

"Which collage?" She asked. "I don't know." "Pick one." "Um..." "University of Alabama!" Kevin shouted. "Uh University of Oregon." I said.

I didn't want to say Kevin's choice.

Then it dawned on me. Kevin was practically in for a full ride to U of A. I remember him telling me he wanted to go to collage there. What if that's a vague way of saying, "Go to collage with me?" It couldn't be right? I'm crazy right?

* * *

"Yeah he gave you a look." Alle tells me as she takes a bite of her salad. I drop my phone and listen.

"What look?"

"Like I don't know. A 'seriously' look."

Getting incredibly frustrated, I smack the table. "Come on! what type of 'seriously' look?! What did the look say?!"

No one understands the frustration of the guy you like giving you a meaningful (not always good meaningful) look and you missing it! It's almost depriving! Like when your favorite author takes a break or your favorite character get's killed! I.e Allison Argent.

"Like a, 'seriously you're-going-to-collage-where-Dylan-wants-to-go' seriously."

"Dylan wants to go to collage in Oregon." "You're the one that told me!" She bantered.

"OH YEAH!"

Awkward. She was meaning the snapchats Dylan and I were having about his book report.

"He looked mad."

Mad... or jealous?

Then again, did it matter?

3-21-14
Let me tell you something, when the baseball and softball kids are gone, you know it's going to be a good day. We all regrouped. Hondo with Jake. Jayla with Alina. Austin with Aiden. And Heather, Allie, and I.
I took Kevin's original seat.

When I saw the guy coming through the door he didn't even glare at the fact I'm in his seat. He just sat by Aiden and Austin. (Yes pervert Austin)
I apologized but he didn't really care.

In next hour science, he did want to tease me a bit. He was smiling his original -non-braced- smile, brown eyes that lightened up when he looked at me. Kevin would be that guy that if he was depressed, he would smile through it.

Well that's food for thought...

But anyways, he was blocking my way. I laughed. A few shifted, reflecting moves of him in my way then he laughed, said he was kidding, and moved on.

You know, I think Kevin has a way of making girls feel special because he does this to a lot of girls. I'm just another one to fall for his traps.

Ugh I hate that. He's being nice and we're not fighting and I still let my thoughts get the best of me. Just enjoy it Selena.

When Alle and I were talking about Youtubers, I had finally had my finger on what was different about Kevin.

"Your face!" I told him. He scrunched his eyes up I'm confusion.
"That's what's different!" I concluded.
He touched his face and yet again questioned me. "No, no like, you're glasses. You look different without them."

"Oh yeah I didn't wear them. I look nerdy with glasses."
I raised an eyebrow.

"No not that you look nerdy I do. Some people, it looks good on them. Like they make me look like a nerd and you look-" he hesitated. "I just look bad."

I frowned. I really was hoping he'd tell me how I looked with glasses. I probably looked nerdy. But then again I looked weird without them...

***
I was so used to having my feet elevated for an hour in science thanks to another chair, I had to have it again. So I got up from my seat caticorner to Kevin and pulled the empty chair in front of my desk, back so I could prop my feet up. I backed up & spun, and my luck I was backing up the wrong tree literally. I literally just grinded my butt on Kevin from backing up on total accident.
Once I felt a presence behind me, literally, I started freaking out.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry!"

I looked into a pair of brown eyes. His hand was on my forearm and my hand on his.
Did I mention both of our bodies were wedged in about a foot of space between desks?

"I- God I'm so sorry." I kept saying. I didn't even care at this point that this was happening in front of the whole class. Kevin didn't even try to push past me either, he just held my arm until I composed myself.

"You're fine."
I knew that line all too well. He was always the one to end up saying it to me.

"Sorry." I apologized again.

I held onto his arm and he held onto me until I sat down. I released his arm and about 5 seconds after me (yes after) he let me go.

I sat down and ran a hand through my hair. God that was awkward. I would feel so bad if I gave Kevin- lets say a little excitement downstairs if you feel me.

That would have been terrible. I can just imagine:

"Miss uh, can I go to the bathroom?" "Why Kevin?" "Uh, ha well you see-"

"You may begin." My teacher interrupted my daydream to start a test. Oh right. Test. Not accidental boners. Imagine if Dylan was here?! Thank god he wasn't.
Wow I just had that happen with Kevin and I'm thinking about Dylan? Shut up Selena and do your test.

***
So in fifth hour we were super bored.

Heather and I started redecorating the glass door. Guess who was right down the hall? You guessed it, Kevin.

"Is Kevin looking at me?" Jo laughed. Bitch he's looking at me. "I'm going to wave and see- oh" she giggled when we waved creepily, aka twirling his fingers.

When I was walking to my next class on the way downstairs, Kevin was right behind me.

"What were you guys laughing at me back there or what?" He smiled.

I looked up at him. "Yeah you with your wave and all was pretty funny."

We walked down the stairs together. "Yeah I was just like just wave and you all started laughing." He chuckled.

We reachd the end of the stairs. And yet we still continued to walk down to class together.

"Kevin!" "Pablo!" He walked backwards, smiling at the Italian guy then turned around and caught up with me.

Once we reached the turn to the art room he looked at me.

"What?" "Isn't that your class?" "No." "You don't have art this hour?" "No." "Oh." He laughed.

He dissapeared from my right and went to my left.

"What are you doing?" I laughed.

"Like you kept going that way so I went this way because I thought you were going that way but you're not so." His eyes crinkled when he laughed. That was a perfect flaw about him.

"Alright." I laughed.

"Well like I didn't mean," I stopped at my class's door. He stopped and looked at the sign, 'Mr. Smith's mock trial team' "Like I don't know why I thought you had art." He laughed.

I laughed. "It's okay." "Okay." He smiled before I smiled back and walked into class totally swooned.

"Just walked down the hall with Kevin. Totally dying to know how cute we looked and if we looked like a couple." I sighed to Sarah.

It felt so natural. Is that weird?

Yup Selena that's weird.

~~~~~~~~

What do you guys think of the hallway walking? And my butt on Kevin during that test oh god I thought I was going to die of embarassment!

Sorry updates have been so much more distant! I'm running out of things to write about :( Kevin and Dylan aren't always entertaining.

Thoughts?

xx.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 695 15
He made a bet with his friends that he could get under her legs just by pretending to like her and at the end he would break up with her and reveal a...
18.4K 670 23
Lexi was once young, innocent, and perfect. She had the picture-perfect life and family to fit in with it all. She believed all those fairy tales he...
745 60 22
Scarlett St James is a nerd. The good girl. She keeps her distance from everyone at school apart from her two best friends Keira and Odin. But she's...
1.5M 21.1K 91
"Don't act like you hate me just because he does, we both know that you force yourself to hate me." He whispered in my ear. I gulped. "As long as y...