Obliviate • Shawn Mendes & Dr...

By Sammyiams

Year four brings the Triwizard tournament and newest member Eva Wilkinson to Hogwarts. Under an anonymous no... More

Welcome Characters
Normal Day
Encounter
Mendes Residence
Discovering
Explanations and Deciding
Agreeing To Go
Reassurance
Airport (part 1)
Airport (part 2)
London
Situated
Malfoy Problem
Diagon Alley (part 1)
Diagon Alley (part 2)
News To Me
Friendship
No Trust
Quiet Night
Early Morning
Small Conversations
Books and Talk
Cover Up
Uncertain
Careful (part 1)
Careful (part 2)
Looking for Eva
Getting Out of There
Owl
Monday Morning
House Sorting
Meeting
Sam's: Shawn Mendes The Tour Experience
First Day

Malfoy Manor

1.9K 63 16
By Sammyiams

"The world is full of wonderful things you haven't seen yet. Don't ever give up on the chance of seeing them." - J.K Rowling

Obliviate ~1

[Draco Malfoy]

A week until I have to see that bloody Potter. Break couldn't have gone any slower as I would have to return to Hogwarts for my fourth year. I'd rather be bored than return to that school where Albus Dumbledore is. I'd sit here in boredom if I could.

I looked around my room. It's spacious and empty. The walls were gray and lifeless. There aren't many things I kept in here. The corner of the room, there  my empty luggage for school continued to stay empty. I'd wait the last possible opportunity to pack.

I was knocked out of my own thoughts when my bedroom door opened immediately without warning and I sighed. For now my quiet time was over. I wait for whoever to walk into view. Blaise walked right into my room unfazed by my cold glare.

"Don't you knock anymore?" I looked towards my friend as he shrugged. He took a few steps into my room before stopping in the center of the room. His hands were in his pockets.

"Snape wants you to pack a bag for a few days."

"Snape? What's he doing here?"

"Dunno. You and I are going somewhere with him though. He didn't say where."

"I'm not going to just pack and leave without an explanation. It's right before school starts. What does he need?"

"Don't know Draco. Your mother is speaking with him at the moment. Your mother sent me up here to tell you." I sighed feeling slightly aggravated that I had to get up and find my bag. I decided on the mokeskin pouch for me to fit as much needed.

Once I found my pouch, I walked over to my closet and started taking two suits of mine and a pair of dress shoes. I then made my way over to my drawer for a few of my regular everyday wear and my toothbrush.

"There," I mumbled after stuffing a few set of clothes from my drawer.

"Let's get down there then. Don't want to keep him waiting." Sighing, I nodded slightly and walk over to my desk to take my wand. I followed Blaise out and closed the door behind me before walking down the hall towards the end. I was assuming that Snape and my mother are in the kitchen.

The only light in the hall would be from the lighting outside. The walls are gray and the floors are wooden. A few portraits hung on the walls and the spacious hall of the mansion made the place empty.

I reached the stairs and slowly made my way down. Once I was half way down the set of stairs, I began to hear the voice of my mother. Reaching the last few steps, I looked up to see both she and professor Snape looking towards me.

"Draco..." my mother says.

"Mother... Professor," I nodded slowly and lean slightly against the wall.

"Draco..." Snape repeated with a slight nod. Snape has always worn the same cloak and I've wondered if he ever worn anything else.

"You will be leaving with Snape for a few days," my mother said slowly unsure of why. She looked towards him to see his face expressionless. He usually never gave anything away.

"You and Zabini here will be accompanying me on a small trip as you two are the most fit for it."

"Oh, I'm fit," Blaise said as he tried to flex his arms and I rolled my eyes. Snape ignored to acknowledge Blaise's stupidity and my mother gave Blaise an uncertain look. I was questioning it too. She then looked towards me.

"You better be off then Draco. I'll let your father know that you are off when he returns. Don't forget you and Blaise will be going to the Quidditch World Cup Saturday morning with him. He expects you two to be ready for the long day."

"Yes, mother."  I nodded and thought this was strange she would be letting me go without a full explanation, but I shrugged it off as we begin to follow Snape through the mansion and towards the front where the three of us go out.

I said my farewell to her as I had to catch up to Blaise and Snape, who continued walking. To my curiosity, I asked questions.

"Where is this place we are taking a small trip to?" I asked. It wasn't until we were off the Malfoy grounds when Snape stopped to face Blaise and I.

"Not here. We will speak of this more in a closed matter Mr.Malfoy," Snape said in his usual tone of half mumbling and speaking. Sometimes I would have to process what he had said. "Take my arm... and hold on tightly."

"Are we apparating?" Blaise asked questionably as we both linked our arms to his cloaked ones.

"Yes, side along apparation to be exact, Mr. Zabini." I tighten my grip around professor as everything happened in a blur.

There wasn't a warning as we went into apparating motion. It was like a blink of an eye as I felt myself off balanced. It was only a second before I touched the ground again. Two words I could describe once we landed on our feet; whiplashed and nauseous.

I could hear Blaise groaning slightly once my hearing came back to me and I turned slightly to see Snape unfazed from the apparation. I brought my hand to the back of my neck to reassure that I'm alright.

Once I refocused, I looked around the small apartment I assume. Snape walked from what looked like the kitchen with two tea cups. He handed one to me and the other for Blaise. This must be his place.

"Sit." Snape ordered and we both obliged by making our way toward the sitting area. I took a seat in a recliner while Blaise took the long couch, making himself comfortable. I took a sip of the drink and cringe slightly. What is this? "It's a tea that will help ease the nausea." I took a few more sips before putting it down on the table. I hoped to never drink something like this again.

"What is this small trip you speak of?" I asked after I felt at ease as myself again.

"I have a job for the both of you," Snape started slowly. He looked between Blaise and I. "There is this student I would like the both of you to look after."

"A first year slytherin?" I chuckled thinking why he would need Blaise and I. He is the head of House leader for Slytherin. Blaise joined in with my laughter. Together we laughed at the many possibly scenarios of this first year student. Snape continued to stare with a straight expression. My laughter died down along with Blaise as we waited for his answer.

"Not a first year Draco. This is a fourth year."

"A fourth year student? Why a fourth year? Are they new?"

"Yes. Mr.Malfoy. Between the three of us, this is more than just a trip. I have been informed of the student and I want you two to watch over her."

"Her?" Blaise questioned.

"Mr.Zabini, I want to make sure she is well under care and protected by some of the best students at Hogwarts. She is an important matter and this is why I could not tell your mother what you are up to."

"My parents aren't a part of this? Well I don't see why I wouldn't do what you're asking," I stated interested. "I'd be gladly to help professor."

"This is a very serious matter. I am asking of you to keep this a secret, no one at school or your housemates must know about this. Your parents mustn't know what you are up to." I frowned slightly not understanding why this was so a secret.

"Professor, why do you need us then? Why can't you look after her?"

"I need someone who can gain her trust. She is a very powerful witch, who has still to discover her potential."

"You're saying more power than saint Potter?"

"Maybe even more Draco. I am asking you two to make an unbreakable vow." Blaise stood immediately.

"My parents wouldn't allow this."

"Same," I answered thinking this is crazy. We're underaged wizards, who shouldn't be involved with magic that is fatal.

"Draco... Blaise, you are the two students I would trust to do this."

"What is it to us? I'm don't want to risk my life for someone I don't even know."

"What is it that you both want then?"

"Nothing. I'm not risking my life for this professor." Snape looked between the two of us. He turned away and I assume he was going to leave us. He goes straight towards his bookshelf.

"You want to know who she is," Snape said after several minutes. "Then I will give you the background reason." His back is still turned to us as he began telling us a story of a girl named Eva Wilkinson.

~

Welcome to the first official chapter of Obliviate! I hope you enjoy this magical story. Tuesday's or Friday's will be the official update days and bare with me as I am currently working on three other stories. Two of the three are currently published/will soon to be updated *cough* Charlotte Carpenter.

If you are confused or have any questions throughout the story, don't afraid to comment or message me in person! I will try to answer any of your questions as quickly as I can 💕

I promise Shawn is in the story, it will take a little while for when he is introduced. Remember this is a fanfic and not everything will go exactly like the timeline in the books.

Last thing... Happy 4th of July to my fellow Americans 🇺🇸 aka my US buddies ☺️ Hope everyone has a safe and happy time.

~Samantha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.8K 2.4K 26
Hogwarts will be hosting the legendary Triwizard Tornament, where three students, one from three different selected schools, are chosen to compete fo...
4K 193 21
Professor McGonagall looked after Hermione Granger from the shadows from the age of five, after her first outburst of magic. But when McGonagall sees...
17.1K 649 46
Rachel Potter's fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is here. The excitement of going back to learn new spells, play Quidditch a...
315 8 11
Grace Paxton just spend an amazing year at Hogwarts. Yes Hogwarts as in that fictional school for witches and wizards. It's real. After a year of liv...