Lord of the Flies: The Start...

By jackalicious24

15 year old Bree Wilkins doesn't expect much from her plane ride to a top notch British boarding school, unti... More

The Start of Something
The Crash
Huts
Death
Love is Rising
So is Tension
Death Breath and a New Rule
Alone.
A Chat With The Master
Forgiveness
Rocks
Gone
The Ghost of the Flies
A/N
But, Love?
Are you sure?
Fire
Trapped
Betrayal
NOT an update
The End

The Island

7.3K 119 65
By jackalicious24

CHAPTER TWO

11:57

Cool, dark green water swarmed around me and I opened my eyes. Debris was sinking to the dark depths below me; passports, seatbelts, and-I turned my head away from the dark figure closing its eyes and floating downwards.

As air escaped from my lungs, I swam up to the surface, coughing and sputtering. Ralph. Piggy. Where were they? As I checked my surroundings, I saw a dozen boys pop their heads up above the surface like bubbles.

"Ralph!" I screamed. "Piggy?!" A massive wave pushed my head underwater and my mouth filled with the vile liquid.

After the sudden realization that I had no idea where up was, I blew bubbles through my nose until my lungs burned and I followed them up to the surface. I now used the moment to look around the vast sea until I saw land. Exhausted and hungry, I used what little was left of my energy to freestyle over to the island.

Crawling the rest of the way, I laid down on the wet sand and coughed up water. The waves lapped around me like a blanket as I finally succumbed to the dark entity of sleep.

5 HOURS LATER, 5:00

"It's getting late, should we wake her?"

"Nah, let her get up on her own."

My eyes fluttered open as I saw Piggy, Ralph, and the dark-haired boy standing over me. I tried to get to my feet but I immediately fell back down.

"Are you okay?" Ralph asked. I nodded and smiled at him.

"I'm Jack," the dark haired boy stated. I half smiled at him and turned my attention back to Ralph. Jack turned away, nostrils flaring. Hmm, that was weird. Then again, I didn't really understand Jack yet.

I tried, and succeeded, in picking myself up again, as I realized that a dozen or so boys were crowding around me. I suddenly felt self-conscious in my ripped jeans and t-shirt. I felt all eyes burning into my body. Eww ew ew. I'm just imagining that.

"What's up?" I inquired as the boys' eyes widened in realization and scurried off to "build" huts with Piggy and a curly-haired boy named Simon.

I sat next to Ralph by the pool, and dipped my toes in. "Ralph-"

"Bree?" He looked at me in concern.

"Do you ever, well, think we might be rescued?" I asked.

"My Dad's in the Navy," he assured me. "He'll come and rescue us."

"He won't know we are gone, there's no one left-" Jack's arrogant voice made me shiver. "C'mon, you don't think we actually have a chance."

"Yes we do. All we need to do is make a signal fire and wait ever day for a plane." Ralph seemed so hopeful that I relaxed a bit.

"I ought to be in charge, because I know how to run things," Jack said.

"Guys, we don't know what's happening yet. We should figure out who is who, and see who does what," I was starting to think that this was not a hard thing, it could be like running a city. "And we could-"

"Just shut up, Bree," Jack snarled.

"Hey, watch how you talk to her," Ralph defended. My face fell as Jack's turned red and he stormed away.

I was fuming. How could he talk to me like that? I was even starting to like him a little. I was feeling sorry for him.

"Hey," Ralph said. "Don't listen to him." Ralph's hand started inching towards mine as I stood up quickly.

"Look," I said. "I-I can take care of myself, but I appreciate the offer. I'm going to help Piggy with the huts."

With that, I turned and stalked away without looking back, not wanting to see the hurt look in his eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 3.3K 70
"Please don't leave me, you're all I have." "I would never." Mr. Hood was Rowan's world until a series of unfortunate events happen. Rowan grows conf...
767 30 29
Bree, a 16-going on 17 year old girl who lives (lived) with her mother gets in a car crash trying to escape her father's workers who tried to chase t...
5.9K 557 129
"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫?" Sequel to my original story "LOTF: Be...
5.5K 99 15
riley has always felt out of place. at school, in her family and at home nowhere felt right. what happens when she tries to escape her complicated...