His Prisoner

By Lixxyy19

Jack Morgan has been a friend of my parents for years. That is until they died when I was fifteen. Jack took... More

Prologue
His Beautiful Eyes [1]
Hormones My Arse! [2]
This Is My House [3]
The Wolf [4]
Heartbeat [5]
Panic [6]
Chase The Giant [7]
The Button Problem [8]
Strangers That Care [9]
Teaching Him A Lesson [10]
To A New Start [11]
Looking Into The Past [12]
Playful Mornings [13]
Eliot's Surprise [14]
The Drunken Truth [15]
Werewolves Are Real [16]
I Can Live With It [17]
Love And Heartbreak [18]
Author's Apologies
Revelations [19]
The Truth Hurts [20]
Getting Back To Normal [21]
You're The Wolf [22]
Girl Or Boy? [23]
The Note [24]
Where We Stand [25]
Meeting The Family [26]
Motherly Love [27]
20-Week Scan [28]
His Devastation [29]
Her Devastation [30]
I'm Leaving [31]
Jack Is Back [32]
He Has A Mate?! [33]
Now A Rogue [35]
Sarah Adams In The Flesh [36]
So, This Is Carter? [37]
Christmas With Family [38]
Heart To Heart [39]
For Them. [40]
Epilogue

Missing Meredith [34]

12.7K 415 36
By Lixxyy19

Emily

I'm miserable. From the moment Meredith drove away in that car, I've been crying and sulking. I miss her so much. I hate that all these awful things keep happening to her. Losing her parents must have been so hard but to lose her baby, her little girl, on top of breaking up with Eliot, I can't imagine the pain she's going through.

I wanted her to stay. She's my best friend. It's been so nice having a girl to hang out with instead of all the werewolf males I'm used to. I never really connected with any of the she-wolves of our pack, they were too bitchy and self-centered for me. But Meredith is the complete opposite. We connected as soon as we met and went shopping together. I had so much fun with her. I didn't want that to end.

"Hey baby." I hear Chase murmur in my ear before his hand gently smooths my frizzy hair down.

It's the morning after Meredith left and I barely slept. I spent most of the night crying or worrying about her being alone in that house. Chase cuddled me all night and wiped away the continuous flow of tears, reassuring me that Meredith would be fine and it was what she wanted.

I'm now sitting at the kitchen table in my pyjamas, frowning at the soggy cereal bowl in front of me, twirling my spoon in the mush of coco pops and milk. It's gross and I'm not eating it. I've left it soaking in milk for too long.

I just sigh at Chase in reply, a constant frown on my lips. He sits down opposite me, the concern clear in his eyes for me.

"Have you eaten any of that?" He asks me softly. I shake my head, dropping the spoon and pushing the bowl away from me.

"I'm not hungry." My eyes drift from the bowl to my phone sitting silently next to it.

I wish she would ring me or even send me a text to let me know she's alright. Chase had taken my phone away from me last night because I kept calling her but she wouldn't answer. Chase said she just needed some time and space away from us all. That only made me cry more.

"Baby, I know you're worried about her but you won't be any help to her when you end up ill from lack of sleep and not eating. You need to take care of yourself Em, I hate seeing you like this."

"Tell your idiotic best friend that! This is his fault, he should have told her from the beginning about how unsure he was about the baby."

"Believe me, he knows that. He's beating himself up enough about this Em, I'm not going to make him feel worse." I narrow my eyes at him.

"She lost her baby, Chase. You saw her in the hospital, she was broken! If he had told her from the start, they never would have argued and she would never have run from the house. She wouldn't have lost her little girl and she would still be here!" Tears are streaming down my cheeks by the end of my rant and Chase's features soften as he stands up and comes around the table to comfort me.

"I know Em but we can't change what's happened. We just have to respect her decision to be at home and be there for her when she needs us." I sob against his chest, hating that he's right.

"I miss her so much! I don't want her to be alone."

Chase hushes me, kissing the top of my head and rubbing a hand down my back.

"She isn't alone. She has us, she knows that. When she needs us, she'll let us know."

I nod against his chest, hugging him around the waist as I calm down. He stands with me until the tears stop flowing before stepping away to sit back down.

I haven't seen Eliot since Meredith left last night. I'm so angry at him and I think he knows that. He's been in his bedroom all night and I've been avoiding him at all costs. I can understand that raising another man's child is a difficult thing, especially a child that is Jack's and the mother of the child is your mate. But, if Eliot was having doubts, he should have discussed it with Meredith instead of dragging her along and giving her false hope. She really believed he was happy about the baby and that he loved the baby just as much as she did. I understand why she had to leave, I just wish things were different. 

"Do you want a cup of tea?" Chase asks me, smiling warmly when I nod my head yes. 

"Please." 

Chase stands up to make us tea, taking away my soggy cereal in the process that I'm clearly not going to eat now. I listen to the kettle boil as I stare depressingly at my phone, willing it to ring when all of a sudden, Meredith's name flashes up on the screen and my phone vibrates against the table. 

Am I dreaming? Phone's don't ring when you will them to. I stare at my phone, squinting my eyes like it would change what I'm seeing but her name continues to flash on my screen. I gasp.

"Oh my god! Meredith is calling me!" I shout in a panic at Chase.

He takes a few steps towards me to glance down at my phone, a small amused smile appearing on his lips.

"Shouldn't you answer it before she hangs up?"

"Yes! Yes! I'm answering!" I quickly pick up the phone with fumbling fingers and answer it.

"Meredith?! Oh, thank heavens! Are you OK?" I rush out in one breath, biting my lip as I wait for her to reply.

I sigh in relief when her soft voice sounds through the phone.

"Can you come over? I want to ask you about something." 

She wants me to come over? She doesn't even have to ask! I would have followed her home last night if it wasn't for Eliot's mum. She kept me in the kitchen, made me a cup of tea and reassured me that Meredith would be fine for one night. 

"Of course. I'll be there in an hour."

"Thanks. See you soon." The line clicks dead and I put my phone down, grinning happily at Chase as he places a mug in front of me. 

"See, she just needed a little space." 

"Yeah, yeah. I need to get changed." He chuckles at my eagerness and places a gentle hand on my shoulder to sit me back down.

"Drink your tea first baby."

"But-"

"No, you haven't drunk or eaten anything since yesterday. Drink the tea and then you can go. Meredith will wait for you."

I huff but sit down and do as he says. I know he's only concerned about my health and it's sweet so I comply. He's right anyway, I'm lucky he isn't cooking me a full English breakfast and making me eat that too. It's just tea, I can drink that quick and then change before going to Meredith's.

I wrap my hands around the mug, smiling at the warmth it provides. 

"I wonder what she wants to ask me about..." I murmur to myself, tapping my nails against the mug impatiently. 

Chase raises a questioning eyebrow from across the table at me. 

"She said she wanted to ask me about something. She didn't say what though."

"Maybe it's about Eliot."

"Or Jack. We never told her, you know."

He shrugs slightly at me, taking a sip of his tea.

"It wasn't our place to tell her, it's Eliot's."

"I know. There's a lot of things he should have told her already." I grumble. Chase wisely says nothing. 

Whatever it is that she wants to talk about, I don't care just as long as I get to see her. 

I miss her.

[ Hello readers, I know I said before about updating more frequently but as some of you may have seen on my message, I haven't had access to the internet at my mum's house. I've managed to write this chapter as I'm at uni now but I'll be going back to my mum's for six weeks starting next week. I'm not saying there won't be any updates, I'll try my best using my phone and data but please, be patient. I know it's a lot to ask but I promise to try and update as best as I can. I hope you enjoy this chapter, it's just a little insight on Emily and how she's feeling about everything. Please vote and comment, but mostly, just enjoy :) Thanks! ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 95.4K 61
THEY REJECTED ME and I BECAME SACRED. If only that night didn't come, maybe my family will love me again, maybe I won't see hate and disgust in my p...
7.8K 397 17
His family had thrown him away as a baby. Packs despised him. Alpha's used him. It wasn't his fault that he didn't shift to a wolf. He had the gene's...
12.5M 275K 58
"I, Cole Greystone, reject you, Morgan Mayor, as my mate." As soon as those words left his mouth, I felt my whole world, shatter into a million piece...
2.8K 113 19
Being in love with Felix Valentine felt impossible, he was an alpha and I was a vampire. But according to my parents, anything was possible. So when...