A Human's Spark

By Beteljace

"I fell in love with that same mystery I was trying to solve." My name's Beatrice Orion, and this is my story... More

The kidnapping
Contact
New friends
The flamed mystery
One step closer
Electrostatic force
The stars
The Prime's hidden side
Fear
The old brother
A matter of sparks
Betrayed
BONUS - Optimus' POV
I miss you
When the bolt hits
Peace before the storm
Redemption
A new start

Night Fight

8.6K 270 70
By Beteljace

I can't move. I just stare at those far lights while the night breeze moves my brown wavy hair. A memory flashes in my mind like a firework. The noise of shoots is closer and closer and then an explosion. Fire and flames and a broken girl. I force myslef to return to reality and push that memory away.

"Are they coming here?" I ask weakly.

But no answer comes. I turn around to find that I'm alone on the hill. After a little moment of panic I run back inside the base and see that Optimus has summoned all his Autobots. Cade runs to me.

"Oh, here you are" he says with a worried tone "You must stay hidden here, clear? A possible deathly battle is about to happen."

"What? No! I want to come!"

"You stay here, I said!"

"You are no one to give me orders!" I raise my voice gaining a frustrated look.

"PRIME!" he calls out loud and I almost boggle.

Optimus approaches us while the Autobots exit and transform.

"You tell the girl she's staying here, she won't listen to me."

I raise my gaze on Optimus and I let rage transpire.

"It's too dangerous. You stay at the base" he says seriously and his tone doesn't allow replies.

Can I retort? Of course I can't, that's Optimus Damn Prime. I just cross my arms and look at him in a quite challenging way. Looking satisfied, he turns around and joins the others outside. Cade looks at me one last time.

"You lose your words in front of him, don't you?" he smirks and goes out.

What did he just say? I would like to yell something back at him but I just have nothing to say. I simply let out a frustrating sigh as the main doors close and I'm about to return to my room when I suddenly hear some hasty mechanical noises.

I turn around in time to see Sideswipe and Sunstreaker arriving from a corridor.

"Where's everyone? Are we late?" Sideswipe asks.

Now is my time to smirk while a mischievous smile takes form on my lips.

"Oh no, you guys are perfectly in time" I say and they both look curiosuly at me. "They just got out, the Decepticons are coming, we must hurry up!"

"Well well, something fun is about to happen!" Sunstreaker exclaims as we get out.

"Oh, you can count on it" I agree. "Who carries me?"

"Come with me, lady, I'm the best" Sideswipe invites and I just let out a small laugh while he transforms into a red car and I get inside.

The engine starts and we fastly reach the others. I have never been in such a fast car. As soon as I recognize the Autobots' alter modes I lower behind the dashboard.

"Are you hiding?" the radio asks with a surprised tone.

"Uhm... let's say I shouldn't exactly be here."

"Let me guess, Prime's orders?"

"Kind of" I say, worried that he could bring me back to the base.

"Ah! I do so love breaking the rules!" he exclaims proudly and I feel incredibly relieved.

These Terror Twins can be very useful at times, I think.

The street is dark, occasionally enlightened by street lamps, and surrounded by a creepy forest. We keep moving forward until we suddenly stop.

"I must transform now, little lady, you better go hide yourself among the trees and enjoy the show."

"Got it, take care" I say.

I open the door trying not to be too noisy and run to the trees near there. Sideswipe covers me while transforming. They are all standing on their feet now. I walk forward and stay hidden behind the trees until I have a good view on Optimus who is threateningly approaching two figures that I have never seen before. Those two were followed by a bunch of methallic dudes.

If I were one of those two I would have already run away. But I quickly realize that those are Decepticons and all the excitement is suddenly replaced by fear and rage.

"Prime" one of the two calls with a frightening biting voice.

"Starscream, Barricade" Optimus growls. "You should have not come in our territory" and a sword seems to appear in his grip.

I instinctively take a step back.

"Someome seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time" Hound says in a playful yet threatening tone, taking out his weapons.

My heartbeat accelerates as I perceive the tension.

Bumblebee and Ironhide transform their arms into cannons, Drift takes out his sword, Crosshairs his guns while the Twins stay behind and observe.

"We offer you to go away without a scrape, or stay and die" Optimus talks again.

"Prime, Prime" the one named Starscream repeats. "Humans are now against all of us. We are like... on the same side."

He makes it sound like a joke.

"We'll never be on your same side, traitors!"

"We, traitors? You're probably forgetting who you are, at least Megatron knows!" the two Decepticons suddenly take out their weapons and the others behind them emit odd noises similar to roars.

A fighting mask closes on Optimus' face and his eyes are beyond furious. The conflict begins while I'm still wondering who Megatron is and the words "You're forgetting who you are" put their roots in my mind and curiosity keeps growing.

I notice that the tree next to me has many big low branches and I decide to climb. I always felt more safe in the heights. When I am as high as the Transformers I decide to stop and watch. My eyes are immediately caught by the flamed warrior. His moves are elegant yet lethal and I casually wonder if he has been fighting for his entire life. The fight looks hard and I'm seriously worrying for my friends. Friends, this is how I began to consider them since a while.

I notice Cade hiding behind trees like me and getting out occasionally to shoot at the Decepticons with an alien gun.

I must keep a scream down when I see Barricade shooting at Bumblebee right in the chest, sending him some metres away.

Stand up, stand up! I whisper, but he doesn't move.

I look at the others, everyone is busy, no one can take care of him at the moment. My breath accelerates together with my hearth.

I see Optimus busy in a fight and right in front of me, quite close to me to say it all, Starscream appears pointing his cannon at Optimus' back.

Everything happens fast. A powerful and uncontrollable impulse pushes me to jump from my location with a scream that sounds more like a roar. I end up crashing against Starscream's cannon and therefore I move it away just in time for him to shoot in another direction and hit perfectly another Decepticon.

In a part of my consciousness I hear Optimus yell my name quite desperately.

Yes! I think, but then I start falling. I didn't consider how high I was. I hit the ground, falling forward on my stomach, and everything hurts.

"Beatrice, run!" Optimus yells and then keeps fighting.

Despite the pain I try to get up and I walk towards Bumblebee as quickly as I can.

"I told you to stay at the base!" I hear Cade scream at me.

I just ignore him and reach the yellow Autobot.

"Bee, what happened to you? Get up!"

"I can't, I lost too much energon" he explains weakly.

"But you have to! Your companions need you!"

"Go hide, it's dangerous" he coughs.

"I'm not leaving you!"

"Beatrice-"

"Please, get up!"

"Beatrice, WATCH OUT!"

I'm just in time to turn backward and meet two red evil eyes and a shining cannon.

Then everything goes black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 243 19
Leading the Autobots on her own, Riley begins to lose control over them as her sparkmate is missing. Not only is she losing connection with the Autob...
136K 3K 66
With both his parents missing when he was only three, Braedey Martin has to stay over with his cousin Sam Witwicky. After his cousin Sam left for col...
42K 1.4K 29
Bumblebee X female! reader TFP This is the story of how you fell in love with an Autobot, even though you yourself are a Decepticon. This is the stor...
26.9K 648 24
Historia, a historian, has a history that not many know. In fact, her past is the reason behind many of her actions. She's closed off, and sometimes...