A Human's Spark

By Beteljace

"I fell in love with that same mystery I was trying to solve." My name's Beatrice Orion, and this is my story... More

The kidnapping
Contact
New friends
Night Fight
One step closer
Electrostatic force
The stars
The Prime's hidden side
Fear
The old brother
A matter of sparks
Betrayed
BONUS - Optimus' POV
I miss you
When the bolt hits
Peace before the storm
Redemption
A new start

The flamed mystery

10K 319 114
By Beteljace

My secret mission is turning out to be more complicated than I thought.

As long as the Prime stays locked up in his chamber and gets out only to say two words to Ironhide, I have very few chances to do anything.

This afternoon I am lying with my back against a tree not too far from the base and just scanning the horizon without looking for anything in particular. I kind of like this place actually. It is calm and peaceful, far from the streets and cities, which are full of traffic and smog.

My thoughts turn to Optimus and I can't avoid it. The last time I saw him was just this morning: he went outside and, after saying something to Bumblebee, he transformed into a flamed truck and went away. I stared quite helplessly until he was too far and I couldn't see him anymore. The way he walked, the way he acted with the others, with such leadership, I found him pretty intimidating and I realized that just going there and say hi couldn't have been as simple as it is with the others.

I sigh and let myself slip down until I sit on the grass.

"Something's wrong, Miss?" a well known voice speaks behind me.

I lean from the tree and see Bumblebee looking at me, one metre away.

"I'm fine, Bee" I answer, returning to look in front of me "I'm just... thoughtful."

I hear his heavy steps as he approaches my tree and sits next to me, accompanied by metallic noises.

"Where did he go?" I ask suddenly, surprising even myself.

"Uh? Who?"

"Prime. I saw him leave this morning."

"I don't know."

"Don't lie, Bee, I saw he told you something."

"Why would it concern you?"

I shrug.

"I live here, you know. There's not much else I could worry about."

Bumblebee sighs. Or probably just makes the noise of a sigh. I casually wonder if these aliens do breathe or something like that.

"He told me nothing about his destination actually," Bumblebee explains at a certain point. "He just said he'll be back before the sunset."

I nod slightly.

"How well do you know him?" I ask.

He glances down at me with a weird expression, but then shakes it off quickly.

"Very well" he only concedes.

"And... why do you think he's acting like this... you know..."

"You're worrying too much for what I see."

"Oh, you're so frustrating!"

"I am?"

I sigh.

"Alright" I accept the defeat, "The thing is... throughout these days I got to know you all, except him. And this simply increased my cutiosity."

"Just go and talk to him!"

"What? Are you crazy? He looks ready to destroy anyone who dares to try."

"Who? Optimus Prime?!" he laughs awkardly a little bit.

"Yeah! With that attitude all-tall-and-serious of his, just so intimidating. What makes you laugh?"

"You haven't got the smallest idea of who Optimus is, little lady."

You got the point, big bee, I think and turn to look at him with a questioning look.

"He is the fairest," he begins. "When you need him, he's there for you. He is caring and big-hearted. He'd actually prefer words to weapons if he could choose."

I find no words to answer.

•  •  •

Some more day passed.

It's evening, the sun is descending to the horizon. I'm wandering around the base looking for something to do when, at a certain point, something outside a window catches my attention and I stop to look.

There's a sort of hill in the backyard which gives a good view on the lights of far cities. It is a quiet place, where there's usually a soft breeze - a perfect place to reflect.
And, exactly there, I see an Optimus Prime standing tall in all his glory. I can't take my eyes off of him. What the heck is wrong with you? Oh, shut up consciousness, I'm perfectly fine.

And I exit the base. What are you doing?! Shut up. Go back ins- shut up! Don-sh!

I must be crazy. Totally out of my mind. These may be my last words... Yeah, I am approaching that huge metallic creature. He's like the others, he's like the others, he's like-

"What are you doing outside here, Beatrice? Something's wrong?"

I almost jump into space, but I try to hide it as much as I can. His deep voice spoke suddenly but lifting my gaze I see he's not looking at me. I try my best to get out of paralysis.

"How did you know it was me?" I ask.

"I sensed it."

I wide my eyes and stare at my feet. What. Alright, everything is perfectly fine.

"You haven't answered my question" he points out.

I resume to walk slowly and reach him, I stand next to him and look at the lights of the cities.

"I have never been here after the sunset, but I wanted to, since some time. Not alone, though. The dark is.. not my favourite element."

"Therefore it seems you're expecting my protection yet you are afraid of me. I think I still have much to learn about you humans."

"Uhm - well, by the way, your Autobots seem worried for you" I desperately try to change topic.

This Prime senses way too much than the necessary.

"They know me well enough to be sure that there's nothing to worry about."

I just nod.

Few minutes of silence pass, we both stare into the distance.

"What happened to your family?" he asks at a certain point.

I didn't think he would care. I raise my eyes and casually meet his blue optics looking down at me. I fidget a little bit and lower my gaze.

"My family has always been divided actually. My mum and I on a side, my father and my brother on the other. We kind of hated each other" I begin. "It was all fine, I was okay with the situation. But then the War of Chicago came. My mum was in a bar, I was already outside. The... Decepticons-" I feel I'm close to new tears but I must not show it. "They shoot. The bar is blown up. My mum was all I cared for. End of the story."

"You're very brave, Beatrice."

"Ah, actually I am... I feel like I'm nobody now. Like I lost an identity. My life is meaningless."

At my words he lowers kneeling down and soon my eyes are lost into his bright blue optics which are now right in front of me. I find myself holding my breath. I wonder if he's able to read my mind. I force myself to repress the impulse of backing away.

"This is the worst thing you might have said in your entire life" he speaks and a shiver runs down my spine. "Your life is not meaningless, Beatrice. As I said, everything happens for a reason. Then if you are here it means that this is your place."

"I'm not a Transformer" I say quite dumbly.

He stands up again.

"Being a Transformer, being a human, it has no importance. We may also be different species but all I know is that we're just individuals striving for happiness and for keeping our dear ones safe."

His last words make something jump in my mind. I sigh.

"I know of your friend, Ratchet. I am sorry."

He doesn't answer and I may understand why. But after a few moments I notice that he is focusing on something in the distance.

"Something's wrong?"

I try to look in his same direction and effectively I see some strange far lights, like of some vehicles, coming straight in our direction.

"Decepticons" he only says.

I tremble.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42K 1.4K 29
Bumblebee X female! reader TFP This is the story of how you fell in love with an Autobot, even though you yourself are a Decepticon. This is the stor...
142K 3.4K 41
I use to be an Autobot but not anymore. Now I'm a Decepticon. I didn't have the best childhood of all. My Carrier die by an unknown disease when I w...
53.3K 856 17
HELLO GUYS! FINALLY, IT's HERE . . . . . . THE FIFTH AND LAST BOOK OF "OPTIMUS PRIME LOVE STORY" It's been two years since Optimus left Earth to find...
12.1K 202 5
Warning: I don't own Transformers or any of its characters! About a girl with a rough past and an adoptive family. She has a criminal record and is g...