Scholarly

By _icedreamer_

Aspen Secondary Academy: it's the dream of every academically-inclined teenager in Colorado. One of the most... More

Prologue: The Thing About Entrance Exams
August - The Thing About Orientation
August Again - The Thing About Biology
September - The Thing About Mondays
October - The Thing About Votes
October Again - The Thing About Homecoming
November - The Thing about Thanksgiving
December - The Thing About Finals
January - The Thing About Starting Over
February: the Thing About Substitutes
April: the Thing About Awards
May - The Thing About Finals (Again!)
July - The Thing About Endings
Regarding Plans
BONUS CHAPTER: Summer School

Acknowledgement

24 1 0
By _icedreamer_

This goes out to the following special people, without whom it would probably have been possible but not nearly as fun:

B.M. – you made a lot of my days without even knowing I existed.

S.J. – you've been this book's biggest fan and cheerleader from the start. I don't know if this ever would've gotten off the ground without your endless enthusiasm.

C. C. – you may have left me shattered and utterly alone, but at the start, you were the greatest best friend in the universe. You taught me more about myself this year than anyone else has. Heartbreak or not, I have to thank you for that. You're possibly also the greatest source of writing material ever. (Thanks for throwing that pen at Beon in Christology. It made a very amusing subplot.)

Ms. K – you might be slightly insane, but you are definitely the GOAT English teacher. I cry silent tears for the Regular English 1 kids because they do not get to take your class.

All of my Algebra 2H classmates (but most especially S.J., I.M., I.R., M. O. W., M. G. aka "Panic", and E. K.) - you were the most epictastical math classmates in the history of the world, and having all of you to celebrate and commiserate with made math bearable. I cannot thank you enough for that.

A. B. and F. N. A. – I hate labs because I always bomb them, but I also love labs because I get to do them with you guys.

A. C. aka "Carrots" – I sort of hate you, but you are very fun to yell at. And I really do enjoy having an enemy.

J. N. – you're an incredibly awesome individual and your perfect GPA and athletic ability motivate me every day, if only because I really want to beat you.

Miss Maggnificence, the Maddening Maker of Messes, Maggie (my dog)– I am at my wit's end because of your incredibly irritating walking-on-people's-heads habit, but you are the sweetest doggo ever to grace planet Earth.

Ms. N – I'm sorry that I spent every Spanish class badmouthing you with M and J.

S.C. - you've been many things but above all, you are my best friend, my honorary older brother, and my favorite nerd. I'm going to miss you more than I can say, and I have no idea how ACL is going to get on without you but I will probably be writing MIT to send you back the second they make Carrots captain.

B. N. - you're the GOAT at snooze ball and the best person to go to with boy drama. Love ya. <3

S. O. - my favorite history obsessed thespian! You're an awesome cheerleader and I appreciate your support more than I can say. Let's slay AP world together *flex emoji*!

G. F. L. - my tied-for-biggest fan and one of my favorite confidantes, you're always willing to go above and beyond to help me be a better writer. You're awesome - keep on being extra. <3
CarytheSerene - my lovely new comment friend , whose feedback is currently making my day. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 4.7K 36
{A Nigerian Themed Novel😘} "You can't leave cause I have feelings for you!" I scream without thinking. My eyes widen and I draw my hands over my mo...
227 11 11
Azaria has transformed over the summer. She is no longer that shy and timid girl but is now confident in her identity. She is 18, and it is senior ye...
104K 3.2K 35
Avery wrapped an arm around my waist to catch me before I could get out the door. He pushed me up against the door, trapping me between his body and...
123K 8.2K 55
Five Star Reviews for Atlantis Academy: "Omg this book was amazing I couldn't put it down or stop reading. I carried it with me open on my phone whil...