My Salvation (CURRENTLY EDITI...

Από Amethyst2829

Book 1 in 'Mend Series' He screams at me, slapping my face twice, 'You deserve all of this! You don't even de... Περισσότερα

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
Chapter 40
chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue

Chapter 5

5.8K 274 11
Από Amethyst2829

Aadil

Today, for some unknown reason, everything is happening opposite to what I expect it to go. Not only once but twice, I collided with a woman I don't knew. There's this thing called seeing in front of you and walk, not just collide with a random person. First, in the morning, when I was already late arriving at my own company. I was trying not to bump into someone while I marched, but this woman just came in my way! Anyway, I ignored her as I quickly made my way to the office as today I had many meetings to attend.

The first three meetings being in three different restaurants and the last two in the conference room. Thank goodness for a new assistant, I don't know—what her job might be— came today. She saved this day from getting messed up. My meeting schedule was organised in a perfect way by her. I have to remember to thank her later. I usually don't do or have friendly talks with my employees, but when someone does a good job, you definitely need to give some appreciation. It helps their mood and more profit for me.

I am finally done with my last meeting. Today is pretty hectic and tiring. But so is every day; except for the fact I had these meetings. Now I can go home, relax in my—

Couldn't this day get any worse? Why can't people just see in front of them when they walk! This person is going to experience my bad side and I don't show it much. When I looked, I saw that it's the same person.

She's the same person who collided with me in the morning. I remembered how she screamed and rushed to the washroom before I could say anything.

'Sorry.' She mumbled and made her way out. This woman was so desperate to go that she didn't even look at me. I took deep breaths to calm my nerves. I usually am pretty chill, but when I am tired and people just couldn't leave me alone, that's what makes me lose everything.

»»»♥«««

I'm currently sitting in my bedroom, doing my work—not that I don't do—I do it all the time. While I was done with the last email and was closing my laptop, a new email pops from office receptionist. It's about the new P.A. Lets see what's in her profile.

Destiny sure has a cruel way to have someone meet again for the third time. She's the same woman who bumped me twice. And that clumsy person is not only my P.A, but she will be making every schedule and minor works. This situation keeps getting worse. If this wasn't enough, she will be joining my space soon. The only place where my mind stays sane.

I start pulling my hair in frustration. If she can't walk properly how is she going to handle my stuff? I don't have a place for careless people. The one deserving should be a part of it. Immediately, after going to the office tomorrow, I'll tell my secretary to make a change and fire her. I can't risk my company, not again. I didn't check her profile completely and I want to fire her. Wow. Just great. I thought sarcastically because I shouldn't judge her by what happened today. But the other part of my brain is saying to not give this person a chance and just get rid of her.

The sound of my alarm woke me up. It's 4:20 am. I got up for Fajr prayer. Sometimes I do get up late for Fajr but I try my best to be on time and not to miss it.

I went to the washroom and got freshened up and did wudhu. I have a habit to change my clothes before praying, so as per my habit I did so and laid the prayer mat and pray. After completing my prayers I did dua in sujood and thanked Allah for that worst time that I had undergone and which caused this beautiful change in me by which I feel my self-completed. Earlier I was just a namesake Muslim but that one incident changed myself.

I folded the prayer mat and kept it in its place and changed my clothes. It is now 4:50 am. I decided to sleep for a little while. Anyways, I am the boss so I can go anytime, right? But this will never happen as I am very punctual and if I will be late then what about my employees? It is not a good impression if their senior comes late for work. So I am always on time, even at times I feel like doing nothing. So I kept the alarm for 7 am and slept again.

»»»♥«««

I got up even before the alarm would wake me up. The feeling you get after hearing that noise is annoying. I rushed to the washroom and completed my morning chores. I went down and my workers had already kept my breakfast ready.

I ate a sunny side omelette with bread and strong black tea. After completing, I went out of the house but not before informing my workers about it and giving them their tasks. I rushed to my Hyundai Santa Fe and drove straight to the office while grabbing a cup of coffee to get rid of remaining sleep.

'Sarah. I have an important work for you.' Just as I entered my office, I thought to make quick calls so she can fire her. 'You have to fire Miss Nawal Ibrahim.'

I didn't even waited for her reply and ended the call. I then made myself drown in work. The current project I am doing is too important; I can't let it go of my hands. I have literally worked sleepless nights just for this project. We don't get such deals every day and I try my best to not let anybody down with our work.

Just by imagining that clumsy person working with me on this project makes me shiver. Now, I might sound rude, but I don't trust her at all.

How can you trust her when you don't even know her? My inner thoughts came to mock me again like they always do. Now that I think of it, it does make me feel like a complete idiot. She came crashing down my life — literally— and my brain is already confused.

It's been four hours. I am nearly done with my project. A thought came to my mind. Why didn't Sarah called or informed me something regarding Nawal? Not that I care about her. It's just, she does it all the time; telling me the work is done. I thought to make my way to her desk and also make it as my break.

As I came to her desk I immediately asked her 'Sarah? Why you didn't inform me regarding Nawal?' She was typing on her computer and when she heard my voice she got quite shocked. I guess she was too focused.

Then, she spoke dissapointedly, rather than her elated way,  'Aadil.' Oh no. Every time she says my name it only means one thing —she didn't agree with my opinion.

Anyone who doesn't know her might think —why does she call me with my name and not the boss? She is just like my mother. She knows me since... I think in my diaper days. Before I started working, she was here. From the beginning of this company. Heck, I took lessons from her during my first days in this office. She has every right to correct me if I'm doing wrong stuff or anything. Also, she's the only one close to my heart after my family.

'Sarah, what did I do now?' I asked like a little kid who gets questioned if he did something wrong but in reality, he didn't and gets confused.

'You didn't even listen to what I wanted to say! Just simply said to fire that innocent, hard-working, polite, sweet girl? Do you know only on her first day she worked this much? Only on her first day, she solved the major problem - your schedule! How could you do that Aadil? I know you since you were a baby, tell me why would I do this without even knowing the actual reason?' When she completed her talk, I felt guilty. Did Nawal really work hard on her first day here? Now I feel like a complete jerk for firing her. I didn't even checked her resume! I was being too selfish and looked for the negative things instead of seeing the good.

'Uh, yeah, I know what I did was wrong. Please forgive me, Sarah.' Her features softened after being angry and disappointed.

'It's okay, honey. I know whatever you do, you think before you do. And my guess is you haven't even checked her file, have you?'

I smiled sheepishly told her 'You know me soo well Sarah.' She just chuckled and grabbed my ear, just how she used to do when I was a kid. 'Ow, ow, ow! Stop!' Thank God this was break time and nobody was really on the floor except Sarah and I, otherwise, I would have been embarrassed for my entire life.

'Now take this and go!' She handed me the file —Nawal's. I sighed and took it from her and as I was making my way to my office.

I took the lift and was surprised to see Nawal. I tried to not show any sign of it and waited. My employees wished me and from the corner of my eyes, I saw Nawal having confusion written clearly on her face. I smirked a bit, realising she doesn't even know that I am the boss here.

We came to my floor and I decided to humour myself by ordering Nawal. It's rare of me to joke around, but seeing how expressive she is, it will be fun to see her shocked reaction.

'I want you to report in my office at 9:30 am, any second late and you can say goodbye to this job.'

And I was right with my theory, she stood shocked and quickly said 'sure, sir'. The way she mumbled made me feel sad; the sadness that can't be explained and it's creeping me out. Why would I feel sad about someone obeying me?

I shook my head. It's because of the caffeine. It messes my mind and makes me think these weird thoughts.

Someone knocked on my door and instantly I knew it was Nawal, as my team members knock only once. When I told her to come in, Nawal did the same thing anyone in the past did —show amazement by seeing the interior. I smiled bitterly. If only they knew how it was built.

The way she was looking was not only shocking, but it held admiration for the work on it. At this moment she looked lost in her world, I didn't want to snap her out of it—quite surprising for me— but I have to.

'Miss Nawal, if you have completed gawking at my office you can take a seat.' My voice was back to its authority and I was glad for it.

Her eyes were roaming on my desk and saw my name displayed, proudly sitting on the desk. She mumbled something which wasn't audible but I did hear her saying my name. I was trying to fight my smile. She didn't even know my name?

'Uh, actually, I wasn't gawking. Never in my life, I have seen such an amazing office! How much money do you own!' My eyes widened a bit at her outburst. I've heard many say stuff, but this is the first time someone told me about how much I earn and own.

'Sorry, sorry, sorry! I d-didn't meant t-that.'

'Miss Ibrahim, this is your first day. I suggest you get back to work and not waste time talking.' She nodded her head and went to her cabin. As soon as she left, a small smile came on my face.

She was the first to make me smile beside Sarah.

*****************************

Hello guys! We are back again with a new chapter! Hope you like it. Do leave your opinion below.

Until next time...

Love Y'all💕

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

My Broken Life✓ Από ♡

Ρομαντική

335K 10.4K 42
WARNING: THIS BOOK NEEDS MAJOR EDITING (Book I in broken series) "What are you doing on my bed? Get down right now." He growled. i got startled and...
764K 42.5K 105
After killing the beautiful soul mercilessly by his physical and mental and verbal and sexual assaults, Aksh found the intense urge to punish himself...
27K 2.3K 38
[BLURB] "Well, now I'm back and I'm gonna drag you to court, you piece of shite," she said before passing a humorless chortle. "Do that and you're do...
5.4K 969 17
Aarav x Aditi Adirav He loved her when she thought no one cared about her. And she loved him and made him realise how worthful he was. Her blue eyes...