The Legend of Zelda: The Magi...

By kpoemsinger

Link being sent back in time didn't save Hyrule. Ganondorf is still refusing to give up his attempts to take... More

1: The Hero
3: Shadow Temple
4: Bongo Bongo
5: Goron City
6: Fire Temple
7: Volvagia
8: Ganondorf
9: Zora's Domain
10: Water Temple
11: Room of Illusions
12: Morpha
13: Hyrule Field
14: Kokiri Forest
15: Lost Woods
16: Forest Temple
17: Kakariko Village
18: Spirit Temple
19: Temple of Time
20: The Magician
Epilogue
Author's Note

2: Gerudo Desert

3.4K 138 60
By kpoemsinger

Once reaching Lon Lon Ranch, I'm greeted by familiar faces who have no recollection of me. I feel a pang in my heart, the familiar needle of anguish in it slowly puncturing deeper. I wish they remembered me. But I'm at least glad to see everyone is safe and seems to be happy. Even Ingo – who had easily turned to Ganondorf's allegiance so he could own this ranch – is happy and working alongside Talon now.

And Malon taught me Epona's Song once again when I showed her my ocarina. A wave of deep nostalgia and love washes through me while I pet Epona's velvety nose, her warm breath streaming from her nostrils as her ebony eyes watch me with serenity. She seems, in some way, calmer and more accepting of my affection than she was the first time I got her back in my previous journey. Does she somehow remember me? I wonder. I can't tell, but I'm grateful for the possibility, even if I am fooling myself.

Mounting Epona, I wave goodbye to everyone at the ranch after giving my thanks and I ride back to Hyrule Field. Looking at the map I was given while at the castle, I see that I need to go to the Gerudo Desert. Luckily, there's the pact between the Gerudo and the King, so I won't have to sneak around like in my last adventure.

Squeezing my right leg, I turn Epona in the direction of the desert and slap her hindquarters to spur her into a canter. Heading through a canyon on the outskirts of Hyrule Field, I can feel the air begin to heat up, the smell of dry sand tingling my nostrils while the sun beats down on my face, breaking a sweat on my forehead. My body begins to swell from the heat, my skin almost feeling like it's burning as we head toward the bridge that leads across a ravine that separates the Gerudo Desert from Hyrule Field.

I prepare myself to spur Epona faster so she can jump over the broken bridge I remember, only to have Epona run across a perfectly functional bridge to the other side. I halt her and look around. The tent I remember being on the other side with carpenters is gone, leaving no one on the other side. Yet another difference.

Letting out a deep sigh, as if that sigh will dispel the depression within me from missing my old adventure, I pat Epona's neck and urge her forward once more into a trot. There's no need to go fast anymore since I'm close to the Gerudo fortress. The sun is beaming down high in the sky, signalling that it's the afternoon.

As I ride Epona, I can feel a smile tugging at my lips, my heart beginning to pound against my rib cage with excitement that cascades through me. This newfound exhilaration is quickly replacing the sorrow of my nostalgia. I'm adventuring once more, helping Hyrule like I've been desiring. I miss that I don't have Navi around to talk so it's not as quiet and I hope I'll be permitted to check on everyone after this is all done.

I can see the top of the fortress ahead of me and I lead Epona, with a squeeze from my leg, up the ramp to the right. Outside the main doorway of the fortress are two Gerudo women in their standard purple outfits. Consisting of a cloth wrap over their chests, puffed pants, flat shoes, and a cloth mask over their mouths with jewellery adorning their bronze skin. They each hold ornate spears and their fire-red hair is pulled into high ponytails, their electric-yellow eyes watching me as I approach.

Halting Epona, I jump off and walk up to one of the women, showing her the letter from the King. She glances at me, then reads the letter. Bowing, she returns it.

"Once inside, turn left and head up the ramp. Follow the hallway strait until the end, turn left up another ramp and you'll find our leader," the woman I gave the letter to explains, then she looks to Epona. "We will watch your horse while you're here. She'll be up the hill, behind the fortress, with the other horses."

I nod as my thanks and head inside the taupe-coloured stone building. Inside, it's well lit and cool, despite there being no glass on the windows nor any wooden doors to keep out the desert's heat. The archways to each room are only made private by cloth curtains of varying dark colours that are all mostly tied to the side, leaving the entire building open. And the floors are all made of sand-coloured stone, which contrasts with the stone on the outside of the building.

Following the guard's directions, I finally make it to the throne room and hand the letter to another woman guarding the door. The only difference in this woman's look being that her eyes are like dark honey and her red hair is pulled up into a bun instead of a ponytail.

She looks at the letter and hands it back, pulling back the burgundy cloth in front of the door. She enters the room, motioning for me to follow. I do so and she announces my arrival, bows, then leaves. I look over to the throne and see a woman whom I almost mistake for Nabooru. She has the same bronze tone to her skin, but her eyes are such a light yellow that they almost look white, while half of her red hair is pulled up into a high ponytail with the rest of it left hanging down, with the same pink crystal hairpiece Nabooru wore to keep half her hair in a ponytail. The leader has the same amber jewel adorned on her forehead and the same pink crystal necklace Nabooru had; but she has a pure white outfit instead of the pale pink that Nabooru wore, and her eyes have pink on the lids, that's the same shade as the pink crystals she wears, while her lips are painted white.

Beside her is another guard in the same outfit as the one outside, but her bun is covered by dark grey cloth and she has delicate looking silver pauldrons and gauntlets, along with shin guards. She also has two curved swords hanging from her belt instead of holding a spear.

Walking forward, I kneel, bowing my head as I hold out the King's letter that I've been showing to all the other guards. The leader's own guard takes it and hands it to her.

"I see," the leader says, and the letter returns to my hand shortly after. "You may rise, Link."

Rising to my feet, I look at the Gerudo leader.

"I am Kirasa, the leader of the Gerudo. I know of the magician that the King wishes you to find. However, he is elusive, and our scouts have never been able to pinpoint his exact location. They have only seen him for a split second before he disappears."

After I nod, she looks to her guard and gives her a nod. Then the guard leave the room.

Kirasa looks back at me. "This magician has been spotted at the temple deep in the desert. I hope you have an enchanted instrument so you can learn a song that will teleport you to the temple, where you can begin your search. Otherwise, your trek through the desert will prove long and arduous, even with our help."

I nod to confirm I have an instrument and am about to ask if this magician has been seen doing anything strange or dangerous; but I stop myself when the guard comes in and holds out a piece of paper to Kirasa, bowing her head. Kirasa takes it and her guard returns to her post by Kirasa's left side.

Handing me the paper, Kirasa says, "Write down this song and play it to travel to the temple." I write it down and hand her back the paper. "Be careful, Link. That temple has not been entered for years and, even though my people have not witnessed this magician act questionably, we are unaware of what he does within the temple."

Nodding, I bow in thanks and pull out the Ocarina of Time, its surface cool and smooth like porcelain – which is a welcome feeling in the heat of the desert. The song, Requiem of Spirit, is already memorized in my mind just from writing it down. As I play the tune, a rush of familiarity washes over, soothing my aching heart and causing my head tingle. Soon enough, I feel the almost forgotten feeling of teleportation; of sudden weightlessness and hollowness, as if I'm nonexistent. Then, I suddenly feel whole and heavy once more, like my body is temporarily made of metal once I'm at my destination.

Once I open my eyes and lower the ocarina, I find myself in the bright sun's sweaty rays, which make my skin pulse as I stand on a white platform in the sand near the temple that has a grey Triforce depiction in the middle of it. Looking to the temple, the memories of Nabooru, Twinrova, and Iron Knuckles flood my mind, along with the considerable number of puzzles I had to work through and other monsters I had to slay to cleanse the temple and set Nabooru's spirit free.

Putting away the ocarina in my pouch, I begin walking across the sand toward the temple, my boots making a shuu noise as the grains of sand spread away from my boots.

Shu-shu-shu.

The sound is rapid, and I look around to see Leevers rise from under the beige grains of sand, their pale green forms spinning toward me with cherry red spikes atop their almost triangular forms almost melding with their speed, hiding their teeth and dark gums in a blur of red and green. Instinctively, I pull out my sword and slash at them, killing every single one that comes toward me as my blade sings with every slice. Once they're all dead, I run to the temple and hop onto the platform that leads to the entrance just as more Leevers come spinning toward me. They stop their pursuit at the platform's edge and sink back into the sand.

"That wasn't very pleasant of you," A smooth male voice comments, elegance woven in his tone like every other noble and royal I've ever met.

I look around, finding no one around me. Only the sound of the wind whooshing gently as it carries gusts of sand deeper into the desert. A chuckle sounds behind me and I turn to see someone standing on a tall rock formation near the front of the temple. Their body is covered in a crimson cloak, their head and face hidden by its hood while white gloves and boots cover their hands and feet.

"Such a fierce expression! It has been far too long since I have witnessed one like that," The cloaked person comments and I realize the male voice I first heard is his. I somehow recognize it, as if I've heard it somewhere else before. But I can't recall where or when.

With a snap of his fingers, the cloaked man disappears in a cloud of obsidian, garnet, snowy, and amber diamonds, then appears in front of me. I back away, still unable to see this person's face despite how close I am to him. I quickly place my shield between us defensively, unsheathing my sword to keep at the ready, but lowered at my side, as I'm unsure if this is the magician I'm looking for or another enemy.

"My, my, not very trusting, are you?" The man chuckles, "But it seems introductions are in order." He backs up and bows in an extravagant flourish, his robes rustling with the movement. "I am Ghirahim," he introduces himself, his voice smooth like silk and then he stands straight, appearing to look at me. "Who might you be, knight?"

"Link," I state simply, wondering how this man isn't dying of heat with that cloak of his. "Are you the one everyone calls 'The Greatest Magician of Hyrule'?" I ask, keeping my weapons prepared in case he says no. I need to be careful. However, a part of me wants to relax and a part of me somehow recognizes the name. But I don't remember hearing or reading it anywhere before in my life.

"Indeed, that is one of the titles I am graced with. Why do you ask? Are you an admirer?" He inquires, his voice teasing. I can almost picture that he's smiling. Everything about him seems familiar, deep in the recesses of my mind, like an ancient, immortal thing. Yet, I cannot place him in my memories no matter where I look.

"I'm here in the name of the King of Hyrule who asks for your assistance in sealing a great evil in the depths of the castle." I explain, sheathing my weapons.

He chuckles lightly, "I see. How flattering that I am sought after. However, I will not work for free." His voice seeps in smug arrogance.

"The King will pay you whatever you wish, I'm sure," I retort, crossing my arms over my chest. I just want to bring this magician back and finish this quest to save Hyrule. If Ganondorf has been making noises and lights appear for months now, I don't want to linger longer than I must.

Ghirahim clicks his tongue, "Currency is meaningless to someone like me." His voice sounds bored, as if he has better things to do than talk with me.

"Then what do you want?" I ask curtly, my patience wearing thin, and I let out a huff. "Also, please take off your hood. You have no reason to hide yourself from me."

I clench my teeth after I speak, reprimanding myself internally. Ghirahim is making me talk more than I'd like to. I need to finish this conversation quickly before I say anything compromising.

"Oh, soothe your expression, Skychild. I will do as you request."

I'm about to question why he calls me 'Skychild'; but my mind stops when he pulls back his hood. The desert sun shows off his pale skin and eyes the colour of rich soil that are outlined in purple under them and black above them. His lips are a creamy white and a sky-blue diamond earring that dangles off his right, pointed ear. His hair is like fresh fallen snow and short on the right side, yet long on the left, hiding his other ear, and combed perfectly. His brown eyes stare at me intently and his lips curl into a smirk. For some reason, I can't look away. My body is solid in place by a strange feeling whirling within me; a feeling mixed with nostalgia and something else I cannot place. My body feels tingly and nervous, on the verge of shaking. Why?

"And, to answer your inquiry, I desire something that I will request in time. Just prepare yourself for that moment," He cryptically chimes, his smirk widening on his perfect face as he winks at me.

Perfect? Did I just call his face perfect? I question, confusion seeping into me.

Forcing myself to look away from his eyes, I nod and look to the sand beside the platform that the Leevers sunk into. "Why did you say I wasn't nice for killing those Leevers?"

I can see, out of my peripherals, that Ghirahim crosses his arms, leaning on one leg and jutting out his hip slightly. But I refuse to look at his face again. Yet, a that ancient feeling deep inside me seems to think he looks amused.

"Those Leevers were simply defending their nest below the sands. You could have run past them instead of cruelly ending their existence," He states simply.

I look at him, almost cursing myself the moment I do so. His eyes are locked on mine, and I feel unable to look away again, like my eyes want to drink in everything about him. And that thought unsettles me, perplexing me further.

"What about those scouts the King sent earlier? You didn't show them mercy," I venomously spit. This almost primal, deep feeling blazing my emotions out of my control. Nothing has ever done this before. What's happening to me? I wonder, concern falling in with my already brewing stew of emotions.

A look of hurt spreads across Ghirahim's face and a ping of sadness emerges in the centre of my chest. Why do I feel bad for blaming him? It makes logical sense that Ghirahim could be the one to have dispatched those scouts. Yes, it could have been any of the monsters that have also risen recently – if the reports of monsters are correct – but I must be sure it isn't this magician.

Ghirahim looks at me for a while, as if he's testing to see if I'm serious before he sighs in what sounds like defeat.

"I am unaware of any scouts. All I have sighted here have been the Gerudo and the natural inhabitants of this desert. And, before you ask, I have inhabited this region for years."

Nodding, I want to finish this conversation; "Then we best get going."

When I turn to leave, I feel a hand on my arm and I spin around, a typhoon of emotions overtaking me, alerting my senses in a way I've never felt. Not even in battle.

"A little skittish, are we, Skychild?" I'm about to protest his new nickname for me when he chuckles, and his graceful voice lures away my attention. "You are always so amusing when you are flustered. But, as much as I would relish in watching you squirm more, I have a faster method to our destination."

Before I can even ask or object, Ghirahim holds my arm securely in his hand and snaps his fingers once more. The same feeling from teleporting consumes me and then we are suddenly standing outside Castle Town. The drawbridge into the city is closed and the entire city is covered in darkness as shadowy clouds billow in the sky, making it seem like dead of night when sunset hasn't even occurred yet.

No. We're too late... I clench my teeth, ready to try and find another way into the city. I run up to the moat around the town, but a barrier pushes me back onto my butt on the hard ground and I let out a groan of surprise.

"Link..." I hear Zelda's voice from nowhere and everywhere all at once, surrounding me. "Link, you must once again contact the Six Sages. They may not have physical form, but their spirits live on, protecting us from their designated temples. I am sorry...Link..."

With she finishes that sentence, a jet-black cloud erupts in the sky and quickly spreads along the horizon, over all Hyrule. Then, just as quickly as it spread, it disappears and the dark clouds only stay over Castle Town and the castle, swirling menacingly within the sky. I can sense darkness around me, smothering my senses as if it's trying to suffocate me. It's the same darkness I sensed a long time ago, in another time, when I was the green clad boy with his fairy.

I hear footsteps behind me as I stand up and Ghirahim is now at my side with a smirk across his face. He leans down to my ear, his warm breath sending shivers along my skin, and I can't decide how to feel about that.

"Looks like our adventure just got far more entertaining, Skychild."  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 83 5
- DISCONTINUED Legends have told it themselves. If there was ever an era wherein the Hero had his heart residing in a girl not of the royal blood, i...
1.4K 45 32
This fic has been posted on Wattpad and AO3 under the username: justamethyst3 These are the only places this fic should be ~ * ~ The Calamity is fina...
14.9K 598 56
A Linked Universe Reader Insert Fanfiction. This day was not going as you had planned. It probably was not going as planned for these travellers you...
27K 684 63
All said in the Title. This is going to be Link x male reader oneshots. This book will contain most links. In some story's you'll be different race...