Orenda (Wattys 2017)

By Lights_only_shadow18

Orenda: A mystical force present in all people that empower them to affect the world, or to effect change in... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
Eleven
Twelve
thirteen

ten

6 3 12
By Lights_only_shadow18

Song: Instruction by Jax Jones Ft. Demi Lovato and Stefflon Don

The picture is of Amari. Yummy, I know.

Enjoy the story and please don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

Have a great read;)

***************************************************************************************

  Will I find my answers, or will it all be a waste of time? The question that can't be answered until after I find the answer. 

I was awoken by my asshat of an uncle, tickling me. He thought it was so funny when I couldn't stop laughing, he even tried to make it seem like I was enjoying it. I really want to light this guy on fire. I just have to wait until we're all alone and then I can-

"Amora, are you coming?" Kayla asked, looking at me in confusion. I took a moment to look around and I realized that everyone has gotten out of the car and were waiting for me to get out too. Where was I when this happened?

I get out of the car and straighten out my clothes before catching up to everyone. 

We were in what looked to be a normal neighborhood, at a normal yellow house. Are we sure this is our guy? This doesn't seem like a very 'Godly" area. I gave more thought to that thought and realized my house doesn't scream 'there are Gods in here' either so I shouldn't really judge a book by its cover.

Like before, Lance knocks on the door and we wait.

I've always hated going up to houses of people I don't know. I mean, you have no idea what's behind the door! There could be a serial killer, a rapist, or a spy from the Russian mafia. I hope you can see why I'm not a fan of this.

The door opens and we are granted the sight of a middle-aged man.

In his boxers. His white, or used to be white, too small, boxers. I have goosebumps.

I AM SHOOK! I am scarred for life and I think this is the end.

The man looked like he hasn't taken a shower in years and ate more than one helping of 'Little  Ceasar's pizza'. We need the Mr. Clean man over here in aisle slob.

"Aaaahhh, you must be the Collins! Amari said that I should be expecting you! The names Robert but you can call me Robbie" I think I'll stick to slob.

"Um, Hello I'm James and this is my family" for once, my Dad didn't know what to say or think and it's kind of a nice change. I think he's just as disgusted as the rest of us, thank Gods it's not just me that thinks this guy came straight from the sewer.

"Come in, come in! Make yourself at home!" Slob welcomed.

We all, slowly but surely, made our way into his home. Saying this guy had bad taste, is a huge understatement. The homeless would refuse to live here.

There was a puke green carpet with what looks to be brown wallpaper with cats on it. The furniture was all torn up and it looked like a lion was let loose in here. The carpet had stains and there were numerous holes in the walls along with garbage everywhere. There were dirty dishes, pizza boxes and beer cans in every corner. It looks like he never did the dishes, just bought more plates and cups everytime he ran out. I shiver at the thought. I feel really bad and I'm actually contemplating whether I should get him a maid. This is not living.

"I don't know if you know this, but I'm the God of ugliness, hence why everything in here is ugly. It wasn't an accident. To you, it's ugly, to me, it's art" he informed us while admiring his 'art'. 

That actually makes sense. I guess I wouldn't really expect the God of ugliness to be drop dead gorgeous.

"Well, we'll make this quick" thank you father, "we've heard a rumor that you've met the Asgard twins. We are searching for them and it would be greatly appreciated if you could point us in the right direction" I could tell my Dad was trying not to gag or be rude. He's a bit of a neat freak and I bet this is killing him.

"Yes, I know where they are but may I ask why you need to find them" he asked with a nervous look on his face. What are you hiding, Slob?

"Well, actually my daughter is their beloved".

He just looked at me with wide eyes. He stared at me for a while before a gigantic grin spread on his face. I don't even want to describe his teeth. Just picture death and there they are. Cue shudder and obsessive goosebumps.

"Congratulations!" the man congratulates me, before to my horror, coming close to me to give me a hug.

No.

No.

No.

No.

I look to everyone for help but all I got were looks of pity and a smirk of pleasure from Damon. The family is important, my ass.

Before I could do anything to stop it, the man flips me around so my back is to him. Everyone's eyes go wide and I feel something cold against my temple.

That did not just happen.

"BACK AWAY" the man yells, putting more pressure with the gun, on my temple. "Put your hands in the air and don't even think of coming close to her".

My family all back away, looking terrified. You're Gods do something!

"Turn around and face the wall" he instructs.

"Please, don't-" Grace starts but is cut off by a loud gunshot. He shot the ceiling.

Everyone's heads whip around and a look of relief settles in on them when they see that it wasn't me who was pierced with the bullet, but his ugly ass house.

"SHUT UP AND GET BACK AGAINST THE WALL" he shouts. While shouting he spits in my ear and I think I just got AIDS. Just shoot me already because if I have to spend one more second with this man, I will-

My thoughts are interrupted when he jerks me back and into a room. I try to get out of his grip but he backhands me. That was rude.

"Listen to me, sweetheart" bitch who you calling sweetheart? I will cut you! "you will do exactly what I say and no one gets hurt and you will end up with you lover boys". 

That's what they all say in the movies and every time, someone gets hurt. Usually, they die so I don't think I'm going to listen to you.

"Take off your clothes" Huh? He better not have just asked me that.

"You're funny" no he's not.

"Take off your clothes, or your family dies" he says as if it's the simplest thing, My family are upstair and he's down here. He can't kill him from here.

At least that's what I thought.

Out of his pocket, he pulls out a device. I don't know what it is but it has a red button. Red buttons are never good. 

Suddenly, I'm taking off my clothes.

I stood there in my underwear, trying to cover up as much as possible. I can't believe I'm doing this. I can't let my family get hurt so I have to. I'd rather get raped than have my family get killed because I'm selfish.

"Sit in that chair" he points to a chair in the corner of the room.

I sit down and wait patiently for my next instruction.

"Look, I owe the Asgard Twins a lot of money. When I say a lot of money, I mean a lot of money" I didn't think you meant little. "They have been looking everywhere for you, Amora. They've tracked you all the way to Michigan from Italy" Oh, so they're Italian. Italian men are hot. Damn it Amora, focus. 

I understand now. He doesn't want to hurt me, he just wants to use me to clear his debt. I feel like I'm in one of the Taken movies.

"Now, I want you to look into the camera and tell it who you are. I want you to tell the twins to clear my debt if they ever want to meet their beloved".

"And if I don't".

"Do you want to find out?" he challenges. Maybe I do, maybe I don't.

After giving me a stern look her turns the camera on. He gives me the signal to start speaking but I just sit there in silence. If I'm going down, I'm not going to make it easy.

"Amora" he warns. 

"Fuck off" I sass back. Two can play the asshole game. And guess what.

I'm the biggest asshole of them all. No regrets.

He turns the camera off and walks over to table with drawers. He opens the bottom drawer and pulls out a knife.

Is that the best you've got?

He slowly walks around me, like a predator hunting his prey. 

What he doesn't know, is that they prey is no prey, but a predator in disguise.

He trails the blade slowly, torturously, down my neck all the way to my hip. I could feel every point, every time he put the tiniest bit of pressure as the blade slid down my bare skin. The cold blade teasing me harrowingly.

"Are you sure you want to play this game? I hate to break it to you but it looks like you have a slight disadvantage" he whispers in my ear. His hot breath on my necks makes me want to throw up and I can't help but gag.

To my surprise, the knife is lifted off of me and I am given a moment of hope. I emphasize moment because I soon feel his thin, chapped lips against my neck, where the very thing that could have cut me, once was.

His slobbery kisses trailed down my neck as I tried to strain it to get away from the excruciating feeling. Soon, his kiss turns into slight nibbles and the slight nibbles turn into bites.

This psycho is biting me like an animal.

"Get off of me you creep" I yell, humiliated by these events. 

He chuckles before removing his mouth from my body. "Does the princess want to listen, now?" he asks, mocking me. I'm no princess, I'm a fucking warrior.

Catching him off guard, I spit in his face. Suck my dick.

His unpalatable brown eyes turn from amusement to anger. I'm sorry, did you think I was a little bitch? Wrong.

  The predator becomes the prey. 

It stalks its prey. 

I watch him, his every move. I see every curve, every crevice on his face. Every flaw, every insecurity and every emotion he dares show.

He picks up the knife from the floor and holds it at my leg. "HOW DARE YOU! ALL YOU HAD TO DO IS SAY A FEW WORDS AND YOU WOULD BE FREE TO BE WITH YOUR PATHETIC EXCUSE OF GODS" he seethes. 

"Are you jealous? It would make sense if you were" I tease with a victorious smirk. 

He may have a physical advantage, but I have a mental one.

It crouches down, getting ready for the attack.

He laughs. Not like you would laugh at a joke, but how a crazy person laughs when they don't know what to do. When they don't want to admit to the truth.

It find's its prey's weakness.

He walks over to the laptop on the other side of the room before unplugging it and bringing it to me.

What's on it, has a tear falling free from its home. It makes a path, following every dip, every crevice of her face before reaching the end of its journey. The end of its short lived life, dropping onto the ugly green carpet.

What once was a strong warrior, is now a desperate girl willing to do anything to save her family.

Her family that is lying passed out in the living room. Her family that was helping her complete her quest. Her family that she loves more than anything, even when they get on her nerves sometimes. Even when she hates them, she loves them.

"What did you do?" I tremble.

"Just a little gas so they don't disrupt us. Don't worry, they'll be up in the next 12 hours or so" thanks, that makes me feel so much better.

"Now, are you going to be a good little girl and talk to the camera?".

"Do I have a choice?" I ask in a bit of a haze. I can't believe this is happening. 

Who decided to make a crazy person a God? For being Gods, they aren't that smart.

He smiles at my answer, flashing his horrendous teeth. I hope he follows his teeth and rots. I would say rot in hell but it looks like he already lives in it.

For the second time, he turns the camera on and looks up at me, giving me a silent signal that it's my turn to speak.

I gulp nervously. If I don't do this my family could die. No one will rescue them and they'll die all because of me. If I do, I'll lose my dignity and pride but live along with my family and meet my beloveds.

I think the choice has already been made.

"Hello, my name is Amora and I'm the Goddess of fire. I'm here because I've been help captive by this ugly man" that comment earns a glare but I keep going, "named Robbie. He wants you to clear his debt in exchange for me, your beloved. If you refuse to clear his debt, there will be dire consequences. He also has my family and they are currently passed out in the other room. I ask you to please help me and my family" with that last thought, a rebel tear escapes my tear glands, flowing down my cheek and onto the green carpet. Another one was gone.

The pathetic excuse for a God shuts the camera off and gives me a nod of acknowledgment and apreciation.

I don't want your fucking appreciation, asswipe.

"Was that so hard princess?"

"Get a life, asswipe" I shoot back.

He looks at me sharply and slowly saunters over to me. 

Before I can do anything about it, he snatches the knife from the floor and plunges it into my leg.

An ugly noise of desolation leaves my dry and clammy mouth. A scream that would send death running, but not him.

No, it gave him pleasure. I could see it on his face, I could see his sadistic smile and his eyebrows twist in contentment. This sick bastard got off on my scream of excruciating pain.

I've never felt anything like it, not shockingly. I've never been stabbed before. The pain was the most intense feeling, it was sharp and never ending. It was like a line- long, narrow and goes on forever.

Pain is replaced with anger and anger is replaced with a great need for retribution; a need for revenge.

And that's just what I got.

It was too late for him to react. He had no chance. He had no opportunity to save himself. Flames engulfed and he was set aflame. No way to escape and no way to survive.

surrounded by flame and nowhere to go

death is near, don't let yourself show

snap, crackle, pop

surrounded by flame is her home

death is near, this is her show

snap, crackle, pop

The predator got its prey.

***************************************************************************************

Hey, guys! Thank you so much for reading! What did you guys think of this chapter? Honestly, I think it's my favorite one yet, I felt very in tune with my writing today.

This chapter took me 2 hours and I believe it's my longest chapter.

Please share this story with your friends because I would love more people to read it and give me their opinions on it. I just want to be the best writer possible and I need you guys' help.

Don't forget to vote, comment, share and just live life:)

Stay cool my friends

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Polarized By

Fantasy

295 33 27
Just another generic story about some high schooler with powers being the chosen one and saving the world. Okay, maybe not the entire world. But our...
6.5K 226 42
Valentina, Xeneya and Zenia are regular 16 year olds when they suddenly find themselves possessing unusual and very useful powers, but with great pow...
202 17 30
A girl gets dragged into a fantastic world filled with dragons, mermaids and lot of dangers in which she doesn't know, holds a privileged position. T...
35.6K 2.9K 13
Manan TS (A Supernatural Story)✔️ After losing his one and only family and love " His soulmate " after biting her unintentionally , his life takes a...