Orenda (Wattys 2017)

By Lights_only_shadow18

Orenda: A mystical force present in all people that empower them to affect the world, or to effect change in... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
ten
Eleven
Twelve
thirteen

nine

8 3 6
By Lights_only_shadow18

Song: Don't let me down by The Chainsmokers Ft. Daya

The picture is of Grace and Macie. Grace is in the white and Macie is on the right.

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter:)

***************************************************************************************

And then I did it.

I stuck the lighter in my eye.

Smart? I think so. It's not like anything happened. All it did was make it tingle and I don't know how that's possible. I'm such a freak.

I get up to put the lighter away when I get a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I do a double take to make sure I was seeing this correctly.

My eyes were glowing red. I don't mean just a red tint, I mean it looks like there are actual flames in my eyes. I don't know if I should be amazed or terrified. 

I get closer to the mirror to get a better look. I must have been staring at my eyes for at least 10 minutes before I smell something burning.

I look around for the source of the smell when I see my hands. My fingers have tiny flames at the end of each fingertip. Wow.

Being the child I am, I start to wave my hands around like they're sparklers. In my head, I look like the last Airbender but if anyone were to see me right now, then they would call the psychiatric hospital and tell them that they have a 'code red'.

As I'm dancing around my room, I manage to catch my blankets on fire. Don't ask me how, because I have no idea how, but I didn't notice until the entire blanket was black and inflamed. Maybe it's not a good idea to dance around a small room with fire. Lesson learned.

Once I realized that I'm about to burn the entire house down, I quickly pour the cup of water on the blanket to put it out. That did nothing.

I started to panic and I might even have shed a tear or tear when suddenly they just stopped. Yeah, they just vanished. I'm just as confused as you. Did I do that?

I look down at my fingers and see that they're back to normal. I turn to the mirror and see that my eyes are also back to their natural green. Dang, it! How am I going to get that back? I guess I could always use the lighter on my eyes again, that seemed to trigger it.

I let out an unladylike yawn and decide that I should go to bed and continue this adventure another time. I have a long day and should get some shut eye unless I want to be tired and most likely lash out at everyone in my path.

Usually, it's Dylan that takes my abuse from when I'm tired but he's not here. What a sad thought.

I lazily put the lighter away, that I was going to put away earlier but I got distracted.

After turning the lights off, I jump into the middle of my bed and resume my attempt to sleep. Luckily, I managed to fall asleep right away. I never was one of those people who could run on 2 hours of sleep, I prefer 12 but obviously, that's not going to happen tonight. I'll have to live with 4 hours as I've wasted 2 hours fooling around and thinking. Smooth move, Amora.

I'm awoken when a loud voice shouts my name. I shoot up to investigate and find the culprit. I look around but I see no one.

"You can't see me" I hear. What the hell is hap- "get up, it's time to go". I think I'm going crazy.

"You already are" Who are you? I ask the voice in my head.

"I'll tell you later, now get ready". Asshole.

"Bitch". I glare at whoever is in my head, although it looks like I'm just glaring at the wall.

I get up and get in the shower before doing my usual morning routine. I put on some mascara after washing my face and getting dressed. I got dressed in a simple pair of ripped black jeans, a gray t-shirt, a navy green jacket and my white converse.

I love converse, I have like a million pairs of them.

I look at my phone to see that it's only 9:30 so I have lots of time. I don't feel like doing my hair so I just put it in a messy bun and leave it. Good, enough.

I go downstairs and I'm greeted by my family. Everyone is down there so I guess they're just waiting for me.

"Good morning, sweetheart" my Dad greets. I just smile in response while I make coffee and a quick bagel.

I eat my bagel and drink my coffee while listening to the adults discuss the plan for today. They're wiser than me so I trust that they'll make better decisions than me, not that it would be too hard to do that.

"I'm friends with some Gods in Grand Rapids so we can visit them first. Does anyone know of any other Gods nearby?" Dad asks.

"Yes, actually I know many. I have a few places we can go and see if anyone knows anything" Grandpa admits. How many Gods are there? I feel like there aren't many but the way they speak about it makes it seem like they're everywhere.

After that thought, the voice from earlier comes back. "We are everywhere, sweetheart" he says the last word in a mocking tone. 

I look around the room and spot the asswipe who's messing with me. Uncle Damon stood in the corner of the room, smirking at me. Does he want to catch on fire?

Suddenly, I feel a little tingle in my hands. I look down and see that my fingers are on fire, again. How the hell am I doing that? I want to learn how to control it so I can put it to good use. 

No more undercooked steak!

He sees me and his smirk drops. Who's the bitch now, Uncle Damon.

"Amora Lauren Collins, you better put those flames away this instant before I cancel this entire trip" Mom scolds. Damn it Mom! I'm trying to look badass! 

I try to make it stop, but the flames just keep getting bigger. What's happening? Why won't it stop?

"I can't, it won't go out" I answer in panic. I prefer not to burn anything like last night.

"Amora, just picture your normal hands. See them, feel them. Wiggle your fingers. Focus on the cold breeze outside, don't focus on the heat in your hands. Focus, honey" Grandma helps.

Sure enough, I look down and my regular fingers are back. Thank God! Or thank Gods, technically. Grandma is once again, coming in clutch.

After the commotion, we decide to get on the road. I realize that I forgot to text Farah so I ask my parents if we can pick her up.

Apparently, they already invited them and they're riding separately. We need all the help we can get because this is not going to be easy.

All we have to do is find one of them. If we find one, then we find both. I just don't want it to take forever because I don't have to patience for this.

The ride to Grand Rapids wasn't too bad. It was about 2 hours total, including a stop to make sure all the cars were on route, together. 

We arrived at a large house in the country. It was beautiful; with its navy blue paneling and white trim. The from had a stunning walkway with flowers bordering the edges. On the left side of the front yard was a water fountain with and elephant as the centerpiece. The elephant was spraying water out of its trunk. It was beautiful; every girl's dream house. Well, mine anyway.

We walk up to the door and Lance rings the doorbell.

This is really going to happen. I know that the boys won't be in this house but whoever is, could know where the boys are. 

This search could take hours, it could take days, weeks, months, and with my luck, it could take years.

"I called them this morning so they're expecting us" Dad informed. At least that's a plus.

The door opens and we are greeted by a little girl. She looks at us and smiled. What a cutie, I love children. I can't wait to have kids and I'll probably have many. 

"Hewo" She shouts. "I'm Mwackwenzie". Oh, my Gods, she's adorable. 

"Hello, Mckenzie. Are your parents home?" Kayla asks in a soft voice, trying to sound as nice as possible. 

"MMMMOOOOMMMMYYYYY! DDDAAAAAAAAAADDDYYY!" The little girl screams into the home. That girl has some lungs.

It didn't take long for her parents to arrive. Her mom was tall and very pretty and her father was very broad. They looked to be a very fit and athletic pair. Respect.

"If it is James Collins, himself" the man says with a grin.

"In the flesh" My Dad assures. I'm sorry, I thought you were only bone. 

They start talking and chatting while everyone else just awkwardly stands there.

Finally, the woman introduces herself to us.

"Welcome, my name is Serena or the Goddess of health and this is my husband, Amari, the God of wind" she introduced. I like that name. "I see you guys have already met Mckenzie" she laughs. Yes, we did and I love her already.

After we all introduce ourselves and are Godly statuses, we move to the living room and talk about the real reason we came.

"So do you guys know the Asgard twins?" My Dad asks. He has changed from friendly to serious Dad. Serious Dad is mean.

Usually, he was in the serious mode when he was with Dylan. They got down to it when practicing for sports and working out.

Thinking of Dylan brought a pain in my chest. He should be here, with me. I should be there, with him. We should be together.

I never did get that text. I hope he's ok. Reluctantly, I pushed the thought of Dylan out of my head and listening for their answer.

"Not exactly" Serena answered while glancing at her husband. What does she mean by 'not exactly'. You either do, or you don't.

"Elaborate" was my Dad's answer.

"Well, we haven't met them but I have a friend who has. He was bragging to me how he met the infamous Asgard twins. He thought it was the coolest thing in the world. What do you want with them?" Amari continues.

"Amora is their beloved" Lance answers. They look at me with wide eyes before the plaster huge grins on their faces. Whatcha looking at Willy Wonka?

"Congratulations! You are so lucky to be blessed with the love that they can give you" um, ok. Thanks, I guess.

"Thanks" I stammered. 

They give us the address of the person who's met them and send us on our way. They said that they'll give them a quick phone call after we leave so they know that we're coming.

We all leave, after thanking them of course. 

I found out that Farah and her family got a flat tire about 30 minutes away so they won't be able to come with us today. I guess I'll see her tomorrow where ever we stop.

The person lives about 45 minutes away so it won't be a long drive.

In 45 minutes, I might find out where the loves of my life are. Notice the 'loves', as in plural. I don't know how to feel anymore. Should I be happy? She I feel scared? Terrified? Excited? All of the above? I think the latter is the most accurate representation.

What am I going to do when I meet them? Like, what will they think? Will they be disappointed?

I give myself and look over and I jump back into reality. If they're disappointed then that' their problem! I'm perfect just the way I am and I'm not going to change for anyone, even if it is for the loves of my life.

So many questions, and so little answers. 

When is this going to be over?

With that thought, I fall into a slumber that I'll be awoken from when fate reaches me. 

Will I find my answers, or will it all be a waste of time? The question that can't be answered until after I find the answer. 

***************************************************************************************

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Soon my friends, soon! I know that this may be going pretty slow and I understand but I feel that it's important to know the characters and get a good description of how everything started before we get to the action.

Don't worry guys, everything will come together very soon and we will see what we've been looking for.

Vote, comments, share and live life:)

Stay cool my friends

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 226 42
Valentina, Xeneya and Zenia are regular 16 year olds when they suddenly find themselves possessing unusual and very useful powers, but with great pow...
200 3 19
Naomi has grown up surrounded by technology and constantly warned that magic is dangerous, but when she's approached by a top-secret magic organizati...
195 4 26
Jolene and Jupiter were born into a family of Demi-Gods. The girls are very special because when twins are born they acquire powers of a God or Godde...
35.6K 2.9K 13
Manan TS (A Supernatural Story)✔️ After losing his one and only family and love " His soulmate " after biting her unintentionally , his life takes a...