Beyond Those Eyes (BOOK 1)

By yupina

She was an existence feared by gods; an existence bane to devils. She was abandoned by everyone; exiled from... More

The Blindfolded Young Girl

661 27 27
By yupina

A little girl in the midst of a flower field, her black hair and white dress flutters with the wind, stares up at the big blue sky.

A young girl in the midst of a fire, her body and tattered clothes dirtied with black smoke, stares up at the starry sky.

A young woman in the midst of dead bodies, her hands and black clothes dyed with dark red blood, stares up at the red orange sky.

A woman in the midst of the sea, her face with a solemn look, stares at the breaking dawn in the horizon.

She was an existence feared by gods; an existence bane to devils. She was abandoned by everyone; exiled from their realm. She forgot her past, background, and identity.

Who is she?

---

On top of a building, a woman in her late 20s stood with her hands behind her back. Her black hair flutters with the wind as she stares in the starless sky. Her emotions locked up in her heart as she carries her usual expressionless face.

She quietly took a dagger from her pants and shot it towards the closed door several meters to her right. She didn't look but a man with red hair and huge smile walked out from the door. If the man was a few seconds early, there will be a huge hole in the middle of his eyebrows. This brought him cold sweat but he still kept on smiling.

As soon as the man appeared, he saw the solemn look on the woman in front of him. She wasn't beautiful but her charm is not something one would forget; particularly how she looked lonely.

She was the most famous and skilled bounty hunter in the world. She was aloof and isolated from everyone else. Her cold attitude only made it hard for anyone to understand her and her plans. Maybe it really is lonely being the one on the top? The smiling man's thought was always like that which made him continuously want to be chased by her.

"Your subordinate has been caught."

The man said as he kept on staring at her figure. He finally caught them and will finally be able to have her, is what he really thinks.

"I know."

She finally looked at him. Her black eyes are not rare but what's rare is how one felt after being looked by her. It's her eyes that brought all kinds of feelings and emotions in one's mind, heart, and even soul.

"Do you know how this works?"

He pulled a small medicine bottle from his coat's inner pocket. It contains a small white pill. She didn't even look at the bottle in his hands. She only stood there, looking at him.

He threw the bottle to her and she caught it with one hand.

"I will give you a pain reliever every five days. The antidote will be given after the job. I'll also say this, your subordinate also swallowed one but we will still keep her."

She opened the bottle in her hand and swallowed the pill without any hesitation.

"Where is my other teammate?"

Everyone knew that she worked alone. But, few years ago, she made a team of three with a young woman and a man. They have been completing missions as a team and her teammates rose up in ranks. The three dominated the top boards of bounty hunters. However, they met something unexpected today. The man in front of her was the most wanted criminal in the whole world who is connected to various crimes such as wars and drugs. He was the man she continuously apprehended but had always escaped at a later time.

He has been the most wanted criminal even before she made herself known to the world. Without anyone being able to catch or kill him, he remained on top and on control. He even controlled the world of bounty hunters whenever he wanted. That's before she appeared and changed everything, including him. He was addicted to her chase and later, found that he was really addicted to her. It was supposed to be like that, is what he always thought. Everything changed when she made her team and got close to another man.

He was supposed to be the one she's closed to. He was supposed to be the one she's with forever. It was this obsession and possessiveness that led him to finally get his hands on her.

After a few seconds, the man moved to one side and people started to come out of the door. Most of them are dressed in black suit and only one of them looked different. The men in suit were holding a man in tattered clothes and looked like he was soaked in a pool of blood. He was on the verge of death.

When she saw the bloodied man, her eyes twitched for a second. Even though it's something that you'd not notice, it did not escape the smiling man's attention.

The smiling man went to her side and said,

"He's barely alive but still, better than not. You'd agree to my requests and I will let you and your subordinate free."

She didn't pay any attention to the smiling man and instead, went towards the bloodied one. She half-kneeled on the ground to look closer at him.

"I..."

The bloodied man forced himself to say something. She brushed his hair and touched his face. This was the man who followed her and even though he's a bit crazy, they were still teammates.

"Do-don't do... t-this. P-please."

She understood that he doesn't want her to risk her life for him. But, two of them were caught. It was no one's fault. She can only do this to help them. Just as she was about to say something, a gunshot was heard and a hole was seen in his chest.

"S-sorry."

Those were his last words. She kept her expressionless face and no one knew what she's thinking right now. She stood up and faced the smiling man.

The smiling man put away the gun he was holding. The men in suit carried the dead man away. Only the smiling man and the woman were left on top of that building.

"You cared for him that much?"

He was the man who understood her the most. It was supposed to be like that. But, why did she change?

He walked passed by her while saying that she must follow him. They exited the rooftop and went to a random hotel room. He walked inside the room and sat in a long sofa. In front of him was a huge LCD TV. A live video was playing. It was of a young woman who was tied up and crying. It was very familiar to her because it was her other teammate.

"Sit."

He signaled her to sit beside him but she only went near him and was standing.

"What do you want me to do?"

He looked at her, face full of smiles, and told her,

"We're still talking about business?"

She only looked at him the same way she has for the past years. It didn't make him feel good.

"I lost. Let's talk seriously. I want you to deliver the bombs on ** hotel in three days. We have to make it explode in four days. After that, I'll get you and give you the medicine."

Everybody knew that in four days, the president of ** country will come to the ** hotel and make a speech. Security is tight ever since the past three months because of all preparations. The smiling man wanted to kill the ** president. And, he wanted her to do the job for him. This is clearly a disgrace to her profession. But, as she looked at the young woman in the screen and remembered the bloodied man who died, she can't help but shake her head. She resigned and did what the smiling man wanted her to do.

This continued on for months. She followed each and every order he made. He was already famous and his powers were one of the most influential of all but it rose up when she worked for him. Even assassins and bounty hunters who wanted his life all failed because of her. Despite this, there was no clear sign of her teammate being freed. Being the most skilled bounty hunter, she clearly has her ways to escape from him but no one understood why she didn't. Even the smiling man, who thought he knew her the most, got fed up and decided to end the play.

She was sitting in a receiving area in one of his mansions. She was about to get the pain reliever and they were supposed to talk about the next job. But when he entered the room, there was a young woman beside her. It was her teammate.

"Are you surprised?"

The young woman taunted her. Yet, she was still as expressionless and unmoving as before. The young woman, seeing all of this, cannot stand it anymore.

"What? You're not surprised at all? Yeah, right! You're always like that! All knowing and everything! You think you're the best? You think you're amazing? Well, you're not! You didn't think that I set up all of this and you didn't think that I'd ruin your reputation and dignity, right? Too bad. You do not know everything b*tch. Why didn't you just die instead of Thomas?"

The young woman was shouting at her ears and she only said three words.

"Are you done?"

These three words were meant for the two people in front of her. But the young woman was too agitated to calm down.

"Hah! Yes, I'm done! After you've abandoned your goody good shoes, I will now become the best bounty hunter out there. Since you're also one of the most wanted people now, I will personally handle you and present you to the authorities."

The young woman had a smug look on her face. She was about to face the smiling man and have him agree to everything she said when, the smiling man shot her; not only once but instead, multiple times. Her smug look was replaced with shock. She thought that everything would go her way but in the end, it did not.

As soon as she got on the floor, the smiling man clapped his hands and his servants brought the body away. The smiling man sat beside the cold woman, eyes filled with a lot of emotions.

"After all this time, you're still the same."

She stared at him but those eyes do not contain any emotions at all. He touched her hair and soon, her cheek. He wanted to caress her.

"Out of all the people in this world, no one understands me better than you. And, I'm the only one who can understand you."

He was about to touch her lips but she suddenly stood up. For the first time, her expressionless face changed. There was sadness and pain. Her eyes carried deep sorrow and it looked like she has been feeling this for a very long time.

"...No one will be able to understand me."

She slowly walked away and as he grabbed onto her arm, she was able to evade it.

"You don't need to give me the pain reliever or antidote."

She soon disappeared from his sight. She was the best bounty hunter after all and her skills are no joke. The smiling man stayed there, sitting, and still caught off guard of how she looked. He was mesmerized once again.

"You will not die. I will not let you, Alea... Not until you totally belong to me."

He smiled and stood up. He immediately ordered his servants to search for her, anywhere in the world. He must save her. He believed that he was the only one who can save her from that pain and grief.

What he did not know was that he wouldn't be able to find her in this world anymore. After that, she was never seen again and looked like she disappeared for good.

"...No one will be able to understand me because I, too, can't understand myself."

She has always been feeling that there was something missing in her life. Ever since then, she never felt any kind of emotion. She looked and looked for it until she realized that she only lost herself more. It was Thomas and Ivory, her teammates, who somehow helped her. She finally felt that everything was okay even if she was missing something. But, everything changed when she fully gave them her trust. She knew how Thomas and Ivory were possessed by greed and jealousy as time passes by. She wasn't able to help or change them and was only able to look after them. She failed and now, they're gone. Because of that, there's nothing in this world that can keep her anymore. She decided not to look for an antidote and instead, went out to the sea. If she was going to die, she wanted to at least feel free.

A woman in the midst of the sea, her face with a solemn look, stares at the breaking dawn in the horizon.

Soon, she died and her body disappeared, like the darkness slowly engulfed by sun's rays.

---

If I can be reborn, I wish to explore and feel more. I wish to learn, to enjoy, to cry, to laugh, to be able to find the good in life.

I wish to have the right to even hope...

---

"It's a girl! Madam, your child is a girl!"

A loud shout was heard from a room. It was where the general's wife was giving birth. A person came out of the room bearing good news.

"General! Your third child is a girl!"

The person who came out of the room is a maid servant of the general's mansion. She was one of the trusted servants in their family.

The general, still speechless from joy, wasn't able to move from his position. He was standing outside the room together with his father and two sons.

"We will finally have a sister!"

One of the general's sons said. He was the eldest and soon-to-be general of the royal army.

Everyone was rejoicing because finally, their household will have a young miss. It took half an hour before the general was able to speak.

"My... daughter...?"

The general came out of his daze and rushed into the room. He immediately looked for the baby that was in his wife's arms. The baby was crying and the madam was trying to calm her down. Seeing this, the general wanted to carry the baby. His wife gave the baby to him in hopes that he will be able to let her sleep.

As soon as the baby landed in the general's arms, she felt comfortable and quietly stared at him. The general then noticed his daughter's eyes. Black eyes darker than anyone can imagine. There was nothing reflecting on it. It looked like it couldn't see. But, the baby was clearly staring at him. It looked like the baby was even seeing through his very core.

He felt frightened for a moment but when the baby smiled at him, he felt touched. Looking at the smiling face of the baby seems like looking at a picture perfect painting. It was wonderful and mesmerizing. Up until the general's very last breathe, he never forgot his daughter's first smile.

"My daughter... She will be named Alea."

With a few hushes from him, she fell asleep.

The general went closer to his wife and anyone can see how happy he is. The wife, being the most caring and understanding person beside him, nodded in agreement to his chosen name.

However, as soon as he remembered his daughter's eyes, he immediately told everyone on that room that they didn't see anything. When questioned by his wife, he told him that he clearly saw pure black eyes.

Black eyes were once associated with black magicians. Black magic turns people's eyes to black. And, it was when a particular religion almost destroyed the world that black eyes became a symbol of bad luck and bad omen. Since ancient times, no one has seen anyone with black eyes ever again.

The general and his father decided to make everyone believe that the young miss of their family was born blind. It was then that everyone thought how unfortunate the general was. No one thought that after thousands of years, there will be a beautiful legend about a certain woman who possesses the most alluring and mesmerizing eyes of all. And, it was black.

---

The same day that Alea was born, there was commotion in different places around the world.

Old and majestic forces were disturbed by an omen. All of those in seclusion spat out mouthful of blood and felt their heart and soul tremble. It seemed like a force, above all else, descended from the sky.

Everyone started to look for traces and clues. What was this force that even they, powerful people, cannot contend?

Even the royal prophet in the general's kingdom didn't escape the force that seemed to have been awakened.

But, despite everyone's effort, no one knew what it is or where it is coming from.

---

The daughter of the general was called Alea. She grew up in a loving and caring family. Even though she can totally see, she had to live her life pretending to be blind. Her family didn't want her to be executed or live a life full of hardship. Alea grew up having to wear blindfolds whenever she goes out of her courtyard. When she was five years old, the general found a trusted and skilled person who can make an eye piece with magic arrays. It can turn her black pupils into light grey. The eyepiece cost a lot of their fortune and almost emptied their treasury. But, it wasn't a big deal to the family because they really care about Alea's future. They were happy that Alea didn't have to wear blindfolds all the time. She would wear the eye piece whenever she goes out and even if she had a blindfold or veil. This helped people from suspecting anything different from her.

Even though she had to live her life as a blind person, Alea was humble, generous, and kind-hearted. She was loved by everybody in the general's household. It's a pity that everyone else doesn't see her beyond the impaired eyesight. Everyone else thinks that it's a pity for a small child like her to be blind. This kind of pity grew even more when the king wanted to denounced the royal proclamation of betrothing her to the fourth prince. The general didn't want this forced marriage in the first place but he wasn't able to disagree because it was something that the old generation made. Nothing was settled and everything will again be discussed when Alea and the fourth prince are in the right age.

Aside from Alea being falsely blind, everything was going smoothly in the general's household. The general was the most talented and favored general of all. His father was a former general and now, the military affairs minister. His sons also joined the royal army and proved to be prodigies like him. Only, Alea didn't go in the same path. They didn't want Alea to engage in any military affair or warfare.

At an early age, parents usually teach their children martial arts, alchemy, politics, history, magic arrays, or other things. They assessed their children's potential in all possible fields and hoped that they could all grow up and be the best. Alea, being the general's daughter, was taught a lot of things but she was forbidden to go into any school. This made her different from other kids but, she was really different in another way.

Alea knew she was different but kept it hidden from everyone else. She can remember everything she sees once. She was able to read and write even at one year old. She can easily understand everything. Her eyes can make things simpler such that it breaks down everything in details. That's why she believed her eyes were different but amazing. She knew that no matter what happens, she cannot tell this to anybody; even to her family.

At the age of five, Alea knew more than any kid of her age does. Yet, she acts like any kid her age would have. She didn't excel and she didn't fail. Simply, she portrayed a normal little girl. She has private tutors, all of which were trusted by the family. She knows a little bit of martial arts to defend herself. This is essential in their family because they have a lot of enemies. But, she learned most of her moves by secretly watching her brothers' and some of their guards and soldiers' practices. She also tried to read some martial arts manuals from time to time. She knows politics and history but her favorite are legends and fairy tales. Her private tutor would always tell her stories and only by listening to these does she feel like a real kid of her age. Also, she likes to read books so her knowledge was also somehow advanced. She also knows alchemy and magic arrays but only by reading books. Even though she wanted to learn them, it was hard to find a teacher. Alchemy and magic arrays are things that not many can easily learn and people in these professions are mostly proud and arrogant. Not having any teacher in these fields didn't stop Alea from reading or learning. She told herself that when she's old enough, she would practice alchemy and magic array by herself.

Alea's life was full of joy and love. She could never ask for more. But, every fairy tale has an ending and not all endings are good. At the age of ten, her brothers went on a mission as leads of their troops. Both of them died in the fight. Their mother, disheartened by the news, fell ill. She didn't want to leave Alea and the general but her body really couldn't take it. After one year, she also followed her sons. Alea was left with her father and grandfather. Even though the general's household seemed lonelier than before, everyone still supported each other. The general didn't want Alea to feel depress and showed her all the love he could. He rarely left on expeditions or missions and was thinking of retiring just to live together with Alea. But, his investigations on his sons' deaths led to something big. This eventually made him go on a certain mission which changed everything. The general came back, injured and at death's door, from the mission but was called a traitor. Everyone was told that the general betrayed the kingdom and must be executed at once. The general died in the royal palace and no one even defended him. The military affairs minister, being the father of the general, was also ordered to be executed. In front of the citizens, he was beheaded without even a fight. All the servants of the general's household were ordered to be executed, even Alea. Luckily, a loyal servant helped her escape. The general's mansion was set on fire even with people still inside it. The smoke rose up in the air and a lot of people saw it. The citizens were told how the general and his kin betrayed the kingdom and anyone related to them shall be imprisoned or executed on the spot. No one thought that in just one day, the valiant general's family will be killed and erased in history.

Alea was able to escape with the help of a loyal servant, the family's head butler. It was a good thing that the general sent news before he even went to the royal palace. The letter he sent only contained a short message: save my daughter.

The general's family was not a normal family in the first place. In the outside, it looks like one but the truth was that each and every one of their servants specializes in martial arts. This includes the family's head butler. This was also the reason why he was able to escape with Alea. He was a former adventurer saved by the general's father and was turned into a soldier before deciding to have him disguised as a butler. This is all to protect the family.

However, fate is really unkind for Alea. When they thought that they would start to live quietly and normally, they were caught in another problem which killed the butler. This leaves only a 12-year old Alea all by herself. Also, because of some more mishaps, Alea was caught by a group of bandits who sold her to slave traders. She was now considered a slave and was sent to another kingdom to be sold. Because of her innocence and purity, she was marketed at a high price. However, due to unknown reasons, everyone who bought her ended up in a bad luck or cruel fate. This almost made the slave traders want to kill her. But, she was still a merchandise and a virgin too so the slave traders still kept her. She was randomly tossed from one dealer to another. Moreover, she was sold at a lower price which was actually almost free.

---

"Sir, may we know what kind of good are you looking for?"

The slave dealer was rubbing his hands. In front of him, a middle aged man wearing high class servant clothes was looking around.

"My third young master wants to find a new female servant for the mistress."

The middle aged man wearing servant clothes carried a warm smile. However, one must know that the family he serves is clearly not a force to be reckoned with.

"We have new goods today. I shall let sir take a look first."

After some minutes, a row of women whose ages range from five to thirty lined up at a certain room of the shop. The slave dealer brought the middle aged man into the room and let him choose from the women. The middle aged man examined all the women one by one. No one attracted his attention.

"Is this really all the goods you have?"

The slave dealer sweated from the middle aged man's comment. Clearly, he didn't want to waste such a big deal or offend such a family.

"We do have some more at the back however, those are not as good as the ones here."

The eyes of the middle aged man twitched. From his looks, the slave dealer knew that he shouldn't give any opinion and just show the rest of the goods. After some more minutes, ten more women entered the room and lined up at one side.

The middle aged man also examined the new women one by one. All of them seem to have some kind of defects as all of them are either crippled or impaired. His gaze fell on the last person who seemed like a young girl and was wearing a black blindfold. As soon as the slave dealer saw that the middle aged man seemed to be interested in the blind young girl, he gulped down his saliva and thought, 'not good'.

He immediately went beside the blind young girl and said,

"Sir, this young girl is not of good quality; definitely, not good. I sincerely apologize for even presenting her to you."

He signaled for his servants to take the blind young girl away. But before his servants could touch the girl, the middle aged man looked at the slave dealer with cold eyes.

"Are you saying that this old man doesn't have good eyes? Are you even fit to voice your opinion in front of this old man?"

The slave dealer broke out in cold sweat and immediately apologized. He even kowtowed in front of the middle aged man. Afterwards, the blind young girl was finally bought by the middle aged man and they left the slave dealer's shop at once.

"I'm dead. I need to plan my retirement right now."

The slave dealer didn't know that what he sold was actually the legend that will shake the world in the future.

---

On the carriage, the middle aged man was sitting across the blind young girl. He was looking at her with interest. The girl was clearly a slave and her clothes, tattered at some parts, were of low class. But, he did not know why he can't see through the girl at all and yet, feel some kind of energy coming from her. Also, something about the girl made him feel that he must buy her.

"Young girl, what is your name?"

"Analea."

The middle aged man nodded. He knew that most of the slaves were trained to behave like this. They were supposed to only answer if questioned and answer only what is being asked.

"How old are you?"

"13."

"What can you do?"

"Depends on what you want me to do."

The middle aged man was a little bit surprised at the young girl. She was clearly calm and looked like she wasn't sold as a slave. Normally, new slaves would be scared or afraid even though they were trained. Those who were a bit older would try to be calm but still, wouldn't be able to hide their nervousness. All of these are considered low-class slaves. However, this blind girl in front of him was calm and without any hint of other emotions. This is surely a trained high-class slave and yet, why was she sold as a failed good?

"I will tell you about the household you're going to serve."

The middle aged man started his talk.

He serves at a large family involved in trading. The third young master was the third son of the family's head and was born of a concubine, the mistress that she was going to serve. The competition is fierce between the young masters of the family so everyone is doing their best and even executing some tricks. Also, because of this, servants are inspected every now and then for any traitors o spies. This time is particularly crucial since the mistress fell ill a few months ago and no one knew why. The third young master wanted to be in charge of those who will serve by his mother's side to further prevent anything bad from happening to her. This is why the middle aged man was sent to look for female servants every now and then.

One of the reasons why the middle aged man also picked Analea was because she was blind. The mistress didn't need someone that good but only someone who can be trusted. Because of Analea's impaired eyesight, she may be immune to any forces trying to bribe her or even to gossips inside the house. Much more, she wouldn't be able to see those things that she need not see.

After an hour, the carriage finally stopped and the middle aged man led Analea into the mansion. He ordered her to stay still in a room and change her clothes before he introduces her to the third young master.

From the talks of the people around her and the story of the male servant, the family she will be staying at is called Rohenheim family. It is one of the biggest conglomerates in the continent. This time, she's in the Greenwood kingdom and in its third largest city, Yellow Forest City. It seems like this is the base of the Rohenheim family. Her previous kingdom was called Fayn kingdom which is one kingdom away from this Greenwood. At least she's really far from her previous kingdom and no one here knows about her family.

Analea was fetched by the middle aged man. He told her that the third young master wanted to see her before presenting her to his mother. Throughout the walk from the room she stayed at to the third young master's office, she learned that the middle aged man's name is Onor. He told her that she can call him 'old Onor'. Analea knew that old Onor was older than how he looks. He practices martial arts which is why his physical body seemed to be a lot younger. She also learnt that their third young master's name is 'Gandel' and that he was only 17 this year. But, she should call her third young master.

Inside the third young master's office, Gandel was busy reading some papers when he heard knocks on the door. He knew it was old Onor and ordered for him to enter. Old Onor entered the office and he was followed by a young girl who was wearing a black blindfold. After seeing this, Gandel stood up and went closer to properly look at Analea.

"Are you really blind?"

Gandel was about to take off her blindfold when she respectfully bowed and answered, causing him to pull his hands away.

"Third young master must already know that I am blind from old Onor. This lowly servant dares not to lie to you."

Even though Gandel felt something different, he didn't want to think too much about it. He only sat on a sofa and asked old Onor to let Analea sit in front of him.

"What's your name?"

"Analea."

"Where are you from?"

"A small hunting village with no name in Azure Ground kingdom."

Analea was not really lying. That small village from Azure Ground kingdom was where she lived for some time before she became a slave.

"That's very far."

Gandel was trying to see whether her background was in accordance to the information the slave dealer gave. This is to prevent traitors from entering his grounds. Also, he was a bit curious at this girl who was much younger than him but seemed much more composed than him. She seemed rather too calm for someone sold as a slave in such a young age.

"Why did you become a slave?"

"The village I came from was attacked by bandits and almost everyone died. Those who were alive were sold as slaves by the bandits."

This was the truth. She wasn't able to show her true skills because she was posing as a blind girl at the age of 12. She also decided to get caught because more of them will be killed if she resisted and fought a losing fight.

"Can you really do any work? Are your other senses sensitive to let you work despite being blind?"

"My other senses were heightened enough to let me do any work around the house."

When Gandel decided that Analea seemed to be good, he told her that he will let her meet his mother, the mistress.

"Let's go to mother's courtyard."

---

Right after entering the mistress' courtyard, old Onor stood beside the door and positioned Analea beside him. Gandel walked inside the courtyard and told Analea to follow him.

After some steps, they arrived at another door.

"Mother...?"

A few seconds later, a voice of a woman was heard coming from inside the room.

"Is that you, Gandel?"

"Yes, mother."

"You may come inside."

The door opened and an old woman was showing them the way. As soon as Gandel saw his mother, half sitting and half lying on the bed with a weary look on her face, he immediately went closer to her. He asked her how she was feeling and after being assured that she was fine, he began introducing Analea.

"Mother, this is your new servant, Analea. She's blind but she's capable."

Analea respectfully bowed in front of her. The mistress looked interested in Analea. She's curious how a blind girl can serve her but, she didn't voice out that opinion. Instead, she warmly welcomed Analea.

"Analea, there's another person here aside from mother. She's old Barb and she's the only and also, head servant of my mother. You would be assisting her."

Analea, this time, slightly bowed to her right. This shows how she respects the head servant.

"I will leave you guys here because I still need to do other things. Please take care, mother."

Gandel kissed his mother's forehead and bid farewell. In the room, only Analea, old Barb, and the mistress were present.

"Analea, can you come beside me?"

Old Barb helped Analea towards to mistress.

"How old are you?"

"13."

"So young!"

The mistress was full of smiles.

"In my courtyard, don't treat me as an outsider. I treat old Barb as my family so I will also treat you as one."

Analea slightly bowed and said,

"I dare not to, mistress. This lowly servant was bought to serve you."

"Aw. Don't be so strict on yourself. I don't have any other child aside from Gandel and I've always wanted a daughter."

There was a sad look on her face but she kept on smiling. Analea, on the other hand, didn't know what to do or feel. Does this woman in front of her want to be called 'mom'?

Fortunately, old Barb broke the silence.

"Mistress, it's time to eat. You need to drink your medicine on time."

"The medicine is bitter and I don't want it. But, I can't do anything. Can you get the food old Barb and let Analea stay here?"

Old Barb didn't refuse and immediately went out to get the food, leaving Analea and the mistress in the room.

The mistress was talkative and she wanted every bit of information about Analea. Fortunately, Analea already planned out her background right after she became a slave. As the talk goes on, Analea could clearly feel something different from the mistress.

As days go by, Analea became familiar with the mansion and her work. She was also introduced to other servants and guards. Because she was blind, instead of being bullied or becoming a target of tricks by other servants or mistresses, she was either pitied upon or ignored. Because of this, the mistress she serves didn't want her to get close to other people and ordered her to not go out of the courtyard that much. The mistress clearly thinks favorably of Analea.

On the outside, Analea looks like a simple, fragile, blind young girl. However, they did not know that this young girl is also a martial artist. She's even wearing weights that she personally made and bought before. Moreover, during the day, she would serve the mistress but at night, she would enhance her inner energy. Inner energy enhances our senses, physical body, mind, and other things. After reading numerous books on different fields, Analea knew that inner energy is the basis of martial arts, alchemy, and even creating magic arrays. This is one of the reasons why she kept on enhancing her inner energy. The other reason was that, her eyes needed inner energy. Every time she uses her eyes, even with only looking, she needed to expend inner energy. From the time she learnt of this truth up until now, she has been enhancing her inner energy. Fortunately, there are manuals that can help one increase and enhance his inner energy. But, they are rare. The general's household only had one and it was something well hidden in their treasury. The name of the technique is Transformed Breathing. It helps one enhance inner energy by circulating it in one's body through breathing and until it settles and becomes controllable. If this is practiced to higher levels, one's breathing and circulation of inner energy need not be regulated. If this is practiced to peak levels, even breathing and transforming of energy from outside to become inner energy will become automatic just like how one is breathing air. The manual in the general's household only contains a portion of the whole process and only because of Analea's eyes did she able to understand and utilize this technique to levels that far surpasses the peak. In addition, she also enhances her inner energy through martial arts. For the past year, when she became a slave, she was able to get her hands on some items from her previous masters. One of which is a martial arts manual called Wind and Light Footsteps. This technique allows one to practice a skill which will enable him to move fast. When practiced to higher levels, one will become as fast as the passing wind and when practiced to peak levels, one will become as fast as a flash of light. She usually practices this in wide terrains but because she's very new to the mansion, she decided to halt practicing this technique and only focus on the first one.

Through her diligence in practice, her inner energy has grown by leaps and bounds. It was now comparable to a level five martial artist, rank three alchemist, or level two magician. One needs to know that the amount of inner energy needed by different professions differ from each other. A martial artist needs lesser inner energy than magicians. The reason is that martial artists use inner energy to enhance their physical bodies or execute skills. A magician, on the other hand, needs to use inner energy for almost everything, such as understanding, analyzing, making, and using magic arrays. Furthermore, martial artists can be divided into nine levels and each level is divided into three categories: low, middle, and high. On the other hand, alchemists can be divided into nine ranks and each rank is also divided into three categories: lower, middle, upper. Magicians who specialize in magic arrays can also be divided into nine levels with each level divided into five categories: small, low, middle, high, and peak. One must know that the difficulty of going from one level to another never gets easy. This is not only dependent on the accumulation of inner energy but also on other factors such as one's understanding, insight, and age. The older you are, the more difficult it is to advance. The precise reason of why the younger the person learns, the higher his potential may be.

Analea also has an advantage to other people. It is the existence of her odd eyes. She still hasn't comprehended all of its abilities but she knows some of it. Her eyesight is keen and it allows her to see things within 50 meters from her. She can even see the tiniest insect, the intricate veins on a leaf, and the smallest dust. It also allows her to see not only the outside appearance of things but also, their inner bodies. If she looks at a person, she can see that person's muscles, veins, even the color and flow of their energies. This is precisely the reason why she knew she's different. Normal eyes wouldn't see what her eyes could. In addition, she also knew the secrets of her mistress.

---

"How is my mother's condition?"

Analea was called into Gandel's office. He was currently sitting on the same sofa and waiting for her report.

"Mistress' condition has been good as always."

She slightly bowed before answering. She knew that the third young master was not simple. He was someone who also practices martial arts. Analea knew this ever since she met him. She can even differentiate everyone and categorize them as martial artist, alchemist, or magician.

"I will be going back to school in a few days. I wish for you to continue taking care of my mother. Report to old Onor anything suspicious."

This is the main job of Analea. She has to report everything to Gandel. Even though she serves the mistress, she is really one of Gandel's people.

"I understand, third young master."

She left the office and proceeded to the mistress' courtyard. On the other hand, Gandel kept thinking how he feels something different from Analea. He knows that she's a blind young girl but he also feels that she's not that simple. All of her senses are keen and this is something that normal people really don't have. However, he can't really figure out what's different in her.

"Analea, Gandel will soon go back to school, right?"

The mistress was looking at her garden. She was in a wheelchair and Analea was the one accompanying her.

"Yes, mistress."

The mistress looked at the young girl beside her. Analea looked like someone who was looking ahead with her blindfold. The mistress can't help but sigh.

"You're such a wonderful child, Analea. It's a pity that you can't see."

She looked at the young girl with such sad looking eyes. But, it looked like she wasn't really looking at the young girl at all.

"Mistress, if I may say something."

This is the first time that Analea wanted to voice out something. The mistress was taken aback but she was really kind to let Analea speak.

"I don't feel sorry for myself that I can't see. What I do feel sorry for is how the mistress can't be true to herself."

Analea turned her head to look at the mistress. Even though she has a blindfold, it still looked like she can see through the mistress.

"You... know?"

The mistress was surprised at how Analea behaved at that moment. She always thought that the young girl was simple and easy to get along with. But right now, she seems to be so distant and someone who knows everything.

"I'm just a blind young girl, mistress. I need not speak too much."

Analea knew the truth as she spends more time with this family. The mistress wasn't really sick. She was drinking a medicine to get herself feel weak. This is to prevent the other mistresses in further harming her. Also, she doesn't want to live in that household anymore. Everyone knows that the mistress came from a powerhouse family, too. She was pampered ever since her childhood and this made everything hard for her. She wasn't used to the life full of deceptions, temptations, and competitions. She loved her son so much but she can't help but back down in the fight for the rightful heir. She doesn't want her son to hate her and that's why this was the only reason she could think of. She became free... That's what she thought.

A few days later, Analea was called into Gandel's office one night. She knew that Gandel would be leaving the next day.

Gandel was actually a student in a prestigious martial arts school of Greenwood kingdom. This is also one of the reasons why he has an advantage over his brothers. Even though his brothers were also students of other schools, Gandel's was the most widely known martial arts school in the kingdom. The truth is that he didn't want to be the heir of the family. He wanted to focus on martial arts but he can't just leave his mother alone and let bad things happen to her. He kept on excelling in all possible fields he could, all for the sake of his mother.

"I'm leaving tomorrow. You take care of mother."

"You're mother has always been in good condition, third young master."

Gandel stood up and went closer to Analea who was standing near the door. He looked closer at the blind young girl.

"I know you've talked to my mother before... On that garden."

Analea kept still. She didn't show any changes in her posture. She was only standing there looking like she wasn't hearing anything.

"You must be thinking that I, as the third young master, am not very capable. That I wasn't even able to know my mother's real condition all this time makes me stupid."

He kept on staring at this blind girl in front of him. Earlier that day, he was again taunted by one of his brothers which made him mad. And, he was thinking that probably, he wanted to vent out his anger and that only this girl can make him calm down. Every time he sees her, how she can look like she doesn't care about anything at all, makes him feel bad about himself and that lets him cool down.

Just when he was again reaching out for her blindfold, Analea bowed slightly preventing him from even touching it.

"I think that third young master cares a lot about the mistress and that doesn't make him stupid or less capable than other people."

He froze for a moment. He didn't know how to respond. Other people flatter him to gain his favor or mock him to gain favors from his brothers. Everyone seems to be hiding behind their shadows and reasons. But, this girl in front of him, she seems so real. Whatever she says is plain truth and what she honestly feels. One cannot ignore such things particularly in a world full of treachery and deceptions.

He wasn't able to respond immediately but after some seconds, he smiled and then, laughed a little.

"Do you want to come with me to school? I have my own courtyard and can take a servant with me. Although you can't move that much, at least it's a new environment. You haven't been to any school, right?"

She didn't know what her third young master wanted her to do. Why would he bring her to his school? Even though she has always wanted to enter a school, she knows how dangerous it is for someone like her. The more people she sees, the more the dangers it brings her. But, she can't openly decline her master's offer.

"I still have to take care of the mistress, third young master."

"You don't want to be with me?"

She didn't know what to answer him. She doesn't feel anything for her third young master but she knows that coming with him will only bring troubles to him. Her eyes will only bring catastrophe for anyone she's with. If something bad happens to her third young master, she will be brought back to the slave dealer again. She doesn't want that to happen.

"You have no right to decline. I have already prepared another trusted servant for my mother. Old Onor needs to stay here and there's no servant that I really want to bring except for you."

The reason he wanted to bring her was something he still hasn't figured out. He only knew that whenever he's talking to her, he feels true to himself and finds peace.

"I may not be able to free you but at least, I'm not bad, right?"

Analea only nodded. She can't refuse his offer so she can only nod. The next day, they've prepared everything for the journey. The mistress wanted Analea to stay but she can't oppose her son's decision. Analea didn't have much to bring so they easily set off to the capital of Greenwood kingdom, Emerald Forest city. Their destination is the number one school for martial artists in the kingdom, Green Earthen Academy.

Along the way, Gandel has been talking to Analea about the school. It is a one week journey on carriage from Yellow Forest City. They still have a lot of time.

The Green Earthen Academy is not only well-known in Greenwood kingdom but also in the whole continent. It is one of the most prestigious martial arts schools in the continent. Entering the school is not easy. One can only enter the school at the age of five to ten and they must also be tested in different aspects. One of the exams is testing for one's inner energy potential and another is for proficiency in martial skills and weapons. It is also during examinations that students will be categorized as either outer or inner disciples. The benefits and resources of everyone depend on their status and ranking inside the school. Gandel is an inner disciple and is ranked tenth in the top 100 inner disciples of the school. This is also why he has his own courtyard and can bring people over. The top ten inner disciples receive a huge amount of income and resources from the school every month and they can also be chosen as core disciples by some elders.

Gandel is favored by the Rohenheim family head because he got into the Green Earthen Academy and even ranked as top ten. But, Rohenheim family is in the trading business and they take priority in negotiations and making deals. Even though Gandel is one of the best youngsters in the kingdom, he still can't secure his position in the family. Analea knew all of this. She knows the cruelty of being in a large and powerful family.

Gandel and Analea got to know each other more throughout the journey. However, Gandel still didn't know that much about Analea. He only knows that Analea is very capable and can easily adapt to her surroundings despite her lack of sight. He also knew that Analea has some hunting and survival skills. He thought that this is probably because she grew up in a small hunting village. The most important thing he realized is that, Analea doesn't really act like her age. She's very different from 13 year old kids who grew up in normal conditions.

"Why were you so reluctant to leave with me before? I know it's not because of my mother."

Gandel and Analea were sitting across each other in the carriage. Even though servants were usually sitting outside and that opposite genders can't be sitting in the same carriage unless they're family, Gandel thinks differently of Analea.

"Third young master, I'm quite different from other slaves."

Gandel knew about this but he didn't say anything. He knew that something was off with Analea being a low-class slave even though her skills and etiquette are all high-class ones; add to that that she's young and still pure.

"I got returned multiple times because I bring misfortune to everyone."

Gandel was surprised to hear that from Analea. He actually knew everything about this because he once investigated Analea's background. But, he never thought that Analea would say it herself and looks like she isn't affected by it at all.

"...I didn't want to cause trouble for third young master."

These words are true. Even though she was a servant of Gandel, he has been treating her well. The mistress also treats her like her own child most of the times. She can't tell them all about her but she still felt safe being with this family. Out of all the people who bought her, this was the only family who treated her nicely.

"That's a first."

Gandel smiled. It was one of the rarest moments that he genuinely smiled. Analea's words caused a stir in his heart. Trusting someone is not easy in his world; much more, having someone who truly cares for you. Even his father won't think twice of throwing him out if he fails all of his expectations or he succumbs to his brothers' wishes.

Analea saw his smile and the sudden change in his heartbeat. It was only for a second but it still didn't escape her eyes. She only thought of whether the third young master feels well or not. However, she can't openly say this because it may blow up everything she has hidden.

---

When they got inside the capital, the first thing they did was stop at an inn. Gandel wanted to buy a horse which he would be riding to his school. He didn't want Analea to feel uncomfortable and he would let her sit inside the carriage instead. His arrival caused a stir. Everyone thought that he was with someone important but eventually, they knew that Analea was only his servant. Gandel is one of the top youngsters in the continent and a lot of girls and families would want to have him. He's been friendly but, he just won't pick a specific girl right now to be with.

Everyone greeted Gandel when they entered school. This only shows that he's really not arrogant despite his background. Analea knew the real reason of him being friendly and approachable. It is actually necessary because Rohenheim family makes deals and negotiates with a lot of people.

When they got to the inner disciples area, carriages and horses were not allowed. Gandel started walking and Analea was simply following him. She doesn't need any assistance when it comes to this. She can clearly hear Gandel's footsteps and she can follow him anywhere. However, because of Analea's blindfold, she got quite a lot of attention from other people. They thought, 'why would Gandel get a blind servant'. It arouses suspicions that there must be something different with Analea.

"Hey, bro!"

A young man called out to Gandel. He was wearing the inner disciple's uniform and appears to have the same age as Gandel.

"Ruther! You're so early."

The young man scratched his head and shyly smiled at Gandel.

"I just came back from an adventure. You know how difficult it can be if I only stayed at our house. By the way, who's this girl?"

Ruther seems to belong in a prestigious family like Gandel.

"She's Analea, my new servant."

Ruther was surprised to hear from Gandel that Analea was really his servant. Even though Analea was wearing high-class servant clothes, it doesn't seem to be servant clothes at all. It actually looked awesome. What didn't change was the black blindfold that she wears. Even though it looks so old, it still looked clean and splendid.

"It's the first time you personally brought a servant, huh? Is there something different with this girl?"

Ruther was inspecting Analea closely. He was just like everyone else, curious about this servant of Gandel. When he was about to touch her, Gandel interrupted.

"She's not different. She's only blind but she's been helpful ever since."

Ruther froze. There was something different in Gandel's tone.

"I won't touch her. I've known you. But still, I can't help but be suspicious why you're being protective of this gi---!""

Before Ruther can finish his sentence, Gandel smacked him in the head. They continued to walk and chat at the same time. Analea only quietly followed them. When they got to Gandel's courtyard, Analea saw that he also has three servants in there. Gandel introduced her to them and told her that those servants were given by the school. She doesn't need to do anything in the courtyard because it is taken care of by those servants. This only made Analea wonder what her job would be.

Gandel and Ruther talked for a bit more before the latter bid farewell. Students still has a week and a half before the school starts. This week, the school will be busy for the second entrance examination of the year. Gandel was asked to help in the examinations this time.

"You may stay at the room next to mine."

This surprised Analea. Not only because it was close to the third young master's but also because, it was inappropriate knowing their status.

"You want to refuse again? There's nothing special about this. This courtyard is smaller than ours back in Yellow Forest. There are limited rooms so you will eventually stay close to mine. Also, I want you to come immediately whenever I call you or go to you whenever I want you to do something."

Analea didn't say anything more and proceeded to her room next door when Gandel said so. What bothers Analea the most is that, her eyesight can now cover 60 meters around her and she can see everything; including whatever Gandel is doing. Anyway, Analea was glad about one thing, Gandel has a private courtyard and it has a private practice area. She can now practice Wind and Light Footsteps in secret. Even though she hasn't practiced the technique in its peak level, she can now move fast and most of the people won't be able to see her; even those martial artists may not sense her. A little bit of practice and increase of inner energy and she will be able to get to its peak level. Also, she wanted to practice an offense skill that goes along with her current techniques. She wanted to practice with different weapons and Gandel's practice area will help her a lot. It's really nice to become a skilled inner disciple.

One of the good things about her eyes' abilities is that it masks her presence. Other people can have the ability to know whether you practice with inner energy as well as tell your level in normal circumstances. With just a person's aura, it can help gauge your level. However, if one practices a concealing technique, he may be able to make his level look lower or totally hide it. This is only true for those practicing concealing techniques and also, those with lower level as that person. Based on Analea's assumptions, no one knew that she practices inner energy even though she has a lot of it. This makes her thankful for her eyes. Also, her inner energy right now is on par with high leveled people. The downfall of this is that her consumption is also high. Fortunately, the breathing technique she practices is on the peak level and helps her accumulate inner energy in the fastest amount of time. In reality, even higher leveled people would be surprised at how fast she can restore her inner energy.

The next day, when Gandel was eating breakfast, Analea stood behind him. A servant came from outside telling Gandel that someone came to inform him that he's been called to the headmaster's office. He didn't even finish his meal and walked towards the entrance of his courtyard. Before he left, he called for Analea.

"Let me see you hands."

Analea didn't want to but she can't oppose him. She then showed both her hands. Even though it seems like nothing is wrong, when Gandel touched it, she jolted for a second. This made Gandel suspicious but because he needs to leave immediately, he told Analea that they will talk later that day.

The reason why Analea hurt her hands was because she tried to practice with the weapons in the practice area. She wasn't used to handling any kind of weapon which is why, her hands ached the first time she did. Actually, it's not only her hands that hurt but also some parts of her body. It's just that she can hide some of it but not everything.

When Gandel left, she only stayed in her room. She had nothing to do in the courtyard and Gandel hasn't ordered her to do anything anyway.

"Sit."

When Gandel returned, he didn't immediately eat but instead, called for Analea. They are currently in the receiving area and Gandel ordered for her to sit on the sofa; beside him. She was reluctant but she can't go against him.

Analea kept looking straight ahead while Gandel stared at her.

"How did you hurt your hands?"

Analea didn't think of what to say as an excuse. She actually thought that she could hide it from Gandel. Never did she expect that Gandel is really paying a lot of attention to her.

"You can't think of an excuse, huh? Did you already apply medicine?"

Gandel called for a servant to bring some medicines over and then, ask them to leave the area again. When he was examining the medicines, Analea said,

"I already have. It doesn't hurt that much, third young master. You don't need to worry."

"You did? You know about medicines?"

"A little."

The truth is that Analea has already memorized the medicinal plants and herbs as well as pills and elixirs that she read in books. She doesn't really know a little but it's actually a lot.

This answer once again surprised Gandel. It seems like there are a lot more of surprises coming from this blind young girl.

"Where did you learn? How can you apply medicine by just yourself? What did you use? What if it worsens your condition?"

"Third young master is thinking too much. I learned a little from our village back then; for survival. I can differentiate herbs and medicines by how they feel and how they smell."

Analea can't only differentiate herbs and medicines because of their feel or smell. She can actually differentiate them using her eyes. She can see the energy, fluids, and other minute particles of all herbs and medicines. This is how amazing her eyes are.

Gandel knew that Analea's senses are above normal people but he never knew that it was this astounding. He thought that maybe Analea was gifted in learning alchemy.

"Have you made medicines before?"

"I have made some simple ointments but not pills."

She was telling the truth. She hasn't tried making pills because she hasn't actually learned about alchemy. Also, the things needed to make pills are expensive and enormous. She wanted to but she wasn't able to.

Gandel was thinking how crazy he must be. He actually thought of sending Analea to an alchemy school. However, the thought of sending her away and also the possible outcome of a blind servant learning in school stopped him from thinking too much.

"How did you hurt yourself? Don't even think about avoiding this topic."

"Third young master, if I tell the truth, would you promise not to get mad or return me to the slave dealer?"

She doesn't know how Gandel would react to what she will tell but, she didn't want to be returned to the slave dealer once again. She already likes this master and the mistress, even old Onor and old Barb. She also hopes that Gandel would have a kind heart just like how he has been treating her well.

Gandel wasn't able to react immediately. He knew this was the first time Analea has requested something. He also knew that she has been returned to the slave dealer for so many times already. He felt sad for this young girl. Furthermore, it touched him when instead of making excuses, she wanted to tell him the truth.

"Okay. I promise."

Analea finally turned her head to look at Gandel. She was still in blindfold but it looked like she was really staring at him.

"Third young master, I know of inner energy and wanted to practice with the weapons in your practice area."

Gandel's jaw dropped. He couldn't think of what to say at that moment. A blind young girl who came from a small hunting village and was turned into a slave knew of inner energy? How crazy is that? Where did she even learn about inner energy? Also, is this the reason why her senses were so keen? But how can he let this young girl wield any weapon? Wouldn't that be too cruel for her? She was already blind and didn't grow up as a normal young girl would have and now, she wants to learn martial arts? What?!

"If third young master forbids me to do anything, I will obey."

She was talking about learning martial arts. She knew that Gandel would be so surprised that maybe he would forbid her to learn about anything or send her back to the mansion instead.

"This actually surprised me. Where and how did you learn about inner energy? Do you actually know of techniques related to it? Why do you want to learn martial arts?"

He wasn't able to react immediately to her but he was able to throw numerous questions at once.

"Someone came to our village and that person taught me a few things. Before he left, he gave me a technique to help increase my inner energy. At first, I wanted to learn martial arts to defend myself. Our village was small and we were always bullied by bandits. If I was strong, I could have saved everyone. But, the past is past. I only wanted to learn martial arts to help third young master. I thought that I could help protect third young master and the mistress when needed."

She purposely lied. She immediately came up with a story that would have few flaws and that would make Gandel believe her. She can't just tell him that she came from a prestigious family in another kingdom who was accused of betrayal. That would bring disaster to her master and also, she may be presented to the Fayn kingdom at once.

Analea was not new to the cruel side of Gandel's family. There are a lot of assassination attempts and killings. Gandel thought that she may have really wanted to pay back everything they did for her just so she won't be returned to the slave dealer.

"You... Is this also the reason why you got returned to the slave dealer?"

"I can't lie to third young master. It is partly the reason."

"Why?"

"When my previous masters wanted to do some bad things, I would immediately escape causing for them to be angry. Sometimes, I get lucky and they were killed by assassins while I try to escape and save my life. This is why they say that I bring misfortune to my masters."

Gandel felt something when Analea said those words. It felt like she was really someone trying to live properly but the world just wouldn't let her. It maybe a coincidence that she escaped unharmed but what about the next time? Or, did she really escape unharmed? What did this girl have experienced anyway? Maybe, there are still more to this than what meets the eye.

"You can also hide your inner energy? Is that how you can escape from our senses?"

"Yes. The man who taught me told me that it is safer if I hide my ability. I also can't randomly pass on what he has taught me. But, if master wants to learn them---"

Gandel immediately cut her off.

"I won't ask you for the techniques you've learnt. What I do want to say is that I don't want you learning any martial arts. I can protect myself and you don't have to worry about that. Also, how could I let you further harm yourself? Look. Just by trying to learn, you're already hurt. The path of martial arts is not easy particularly for someone like you."

Gandel wasn't lying. Learning martial arts is not easy and also, it's full of battles, fights, and killings. Analea already experienced so many hardships. If she goes to walk the martial arts path, she wouldn't be able to return and it would only further harm her; physically, emotionally, and mentally. Also, Gandel was contented if Analea just stayed by his side. After all, it is only this girl who can make him feel at ease.

Analea lowered her head. She looked like she was feeling dejected.

"I understand, third young master."

But in reality, she will still learn no matter what. It's not only for Gandel but also for herself. Also, she can secretly learn martial arts anyway. What's there to be afraid of?

Gandel looked at her; feeling rather guilty. He knew his voice raised a little and he was being harsh but he thinks that it's all for her.

"...Do you really want to learn?"

He can't believe that he's really saying those words.

Analea immediately nodded.

"I will allow you but only under my supervision. You will only learn when I'm with you and also, I will not be able to teach you any techniques at all. The school prohibits spreading of martial arts to outsiders. I can only help you be familiar with a weapon. Also, you mustn't tell anything about this to anyone. It's a good thing if we can hide this and it will be a trump card in the future."

"I understand, third young master."

She knew that her master was really kind and wouldn't actually abandon her. But, she will not abuse this kindness. In the future, she promised to repay this a hundredfold.

"Okay. Let's put bandage on your hands."

Analea only nodded and she let Gandel do everything.

"Next time, don't hide things from me. As your master, I will worry."

She couldn't say anything anymore and only nodded at whatever he's saying. She can't promise not to hide anything from him. That's the one thing she can't do. She knew how cruel this world works although, she's thankful to meet this third young master.

That night, Gandel told everyone to not treat Analea as a simple servant. She would be able to roam around freely and do anything she likes in the courtyard. Even though the other servants were curious why a servant like them seems to have a higher standing, they didn't voice out their opinions.

After their meal, Gandel asked Analea to come with him to the practice area.

"I want you to tell me what you've learned so far."

"The technique I learnt is Wind and Light Footsteps. It can make a person move fast."

"Show me."

Right after Gandel said that, Analea who was standing in front of him suddenly appeared behind him. He was surprised because it seems like Analea has learned the technique in its highest level. He saw a blur, felt the wind change and then, Analea appeared behind him. It looks like she has been diligently practicing this technique ever since. He was also shocked at how great her concealing technique is. The surge and use of inner energy when she executed that move was imperceptible.

"How long have you been practicing this?"

"Seven years, third young master. I recently stopped when you bought me."

"Oh? Not bad."

Seven years to practice a technique to that level? It's pretty normal but considering how young Analea is and how she has been practicing this without any guidance, it could be above normal. These are the thoughts of Gandel. However, if he knew that Analea has only executed a part of that technique, he would be flabbergasted. She only mastered it for two years and was even able to improved it. If he knew all of this, he would probably even ask for some pointers.

"Can you unhide your level? Let me see what level you've reached."

She controlled her inner energy to a level suitable for high level one martial artist. It can be said that with her continuous accumulation of inner energy, she already reached high level seven. However, she can't possibly allow Gandel to know about this.

Most of the children start learning about inner energy at the age of four or five. For martial artists, at the age of six, those with high potential can finally become level one martial artist. Those with low potential only reach near level one. As the level increases, the difficulty to advance also increases; the same goes for age. In levels one to three, martial artists are called martial fighters. Those who attain level four to six are called martial masters while those reaching level seven to nine are martial elders. People below the age of twenty who can attain the title of martial master are gifted. This is also why Gandel was an excellent student. He is currently a peak-level five martial master at the age of 17.

"You're already nearing level two and you're only 13 years old. It's pretty good. If you weren't a slave, you could have at least entered a school and gain recognition from others."

Considering she used eight years to reach near level two, it's pretty normal. It would only get harder as she advances so Gandel can't really tell whether she will be able to reach near level three in another eight years.

"I'm learning about sword arts. I can teach you how to wield a sword. Don't try anything else. I think you'll find it hard to use other weapons."

Gandel told her that he can only teach her how to become proficient with a sword. Although one could use inner energy to execute sword attacks, he wouldn't be able to help her with it. She needed martial arts manual to read and learn such things. He couldn't teach him any of his techniques because what he knows are from the school. Also, he couldn't buy her manuals since those are not like cabbages which are sold everywhere. It's even rare to auction manuals and even if it's auctioned, the price would be so high that his fortune won't be able to afford it. The only way to learn martial arts technique is to enter a school, a family proficient in it or has numerous resources, or steal from others.

What he didn't tell Analea is that one may be able to execute martial arts techniques if one creates them. But this fact can only be possible for those who have fast, deep, and clear insights. Remembering how Analea needed seven years to learn and execute a technique that well made him think that she wouldn't be able to do it. But, what he didn't know is that in the future, this supposedly blind young girl would be able to create numerous techniques and become a legendary master.

Analea can only nod and Gandel then retrieve a light sword from the pile of weapons. He gave it to Analea and taught her how to hold it.

"The very essence of wielding a weapon is how a person can become one with his weapon. This is the highest form that every martial artist tries to achieve. You have to practice a lot if you want to attain that level. Also, you need not see anything; just hear your surroundings, feel it, and strike."

Gandel taught her some sword stances and she was struggling when he was teaching her. Her balance, her every strike, it all was chaotic. Gandel expected this and he never lost any patience. If only he wasn't here, Analea would have started learning the martial arts techniques she has in mind.

The next morning was the start of the entrance examinations. Gandel left early and reminded Analea not to do anything rash. Analea wanted to watch the entrance examinations but she can't possibly tell Gandel about it. As soon as Gandel left, she went inside her room and changed into something else. She secretly went out to witness the entrance examinations.

The first and second part of the entrance examinations is open to the public. The first part was identifying children's age while the second part was to test their potential. For the first part, the children were asked to line up in rows and columns. Each column would have a proctor holding a middle sized clear crystal. They would ask each child about his age and home village. The crystal would assessed the child's real age and help in knowing whether the child is lying or not. This test would only last for two days. The next test would only last a day and every child would be tested for their potential. There will be a platform wherein a huge clear elongated crystal will be placed in the middle of it. Each examinee would only have to place his hands on the crystal and pour his inner energy into it. The huge crystal will light up. The potential of each child will be assessed depending on the how many meters did the light reach in the huge crystal. The third test would be held in the school grounds. It will last one to two days, depending on the number of examinees who passed in the first two parts.

Analea went outside wearing a young man's clothes and a straw hat. She didn't wear her blindfold and only hide her grey eyes with the help of the hat. She heard about the examination from the talks of the people. She decided to go back on the third day when the potential will be tested. She's only interested on that part. Even though she was also interested about the third exam, she can't openly watch it.

On the third day of the examination, Analea once again went outside. This time, she wanted to witness how the examination will go.

"Number 67, please come forward."

A male child went to the platform. He looks like a country bumpkin because his clothes look ordinary. He placed his hands on the crystal and soon, a red light appeared that reached 2 meters. This aptitude is normal. Gifted individuals would have lights reaching five meters or above.

Analea watched as the examination proceeded. She saw different kinds of light; red, green, orange, and many more. She didn't care about the examinees but rather the lights that appear in the crystal. Those are the same lights she can see in people when she uses her eyes' abilities. The only thing she can't do is assess one's potential. During lunch, everybody was asked to take a break and the examination will proceed after. She decided to explore the city since Gandel wouldn't return until late that night anyway. Of course, she practiced caution. She didn't want to attract attention anyway.

She decided to eat lunch in a small stall located at the city's plaza. Gandel do pay Analea like the other servants and she also has some money from her previous masters and spoils. She bought two pieces of small buns and a tea. She thought of eating while she sits and watches other people. A year ago she was able to do this; quietly living and watching other people. It was Mister Reynolds who helped her escape and let her live normally for a short time. Mister Reynolds was their family's head butler. They were able to live in a small town before he was killed by arrogant nobles. Does she miss her life before? Of course, she will say yes. Her family loved and cared for her. It was supposed to be perfect and yet, life can sometimes be too nasty. It will give you something only to take it away.

"Out of the way!"

A carriage on a main road nearby was seen to be rushing. It seems to be heading for Green Earthen Academy. All of the people near the road immediately stepped aside. However, a child tripped when he was about to reach the side walk. There was no time to save him as the carriage speeds up and didn't even stop even though, it would run over the child.

"Oh no! The child!"

"Someone save him!"

"It's a noble's carriage! No one can save him!"

Analea saw all of this because of her eyesight and heard the shouting because her hearing has also been sharpened. She immediately left her food and rushed towards the scene. She activated her Wind and Light Footsteps. Without anyone noticing, she was able to get the child away from the scene. The people got worried that the child might have been run over and the carriage also stopped a few meters from the scene. Everyone only noticed that the child was already crying on the side walk. No one knew how the child got there. After some seconds, a middle aged man came running and nervously approached the crying child.

"Young master! Are you hurt? Oh no! You're bleeding! We have to disinfect this immediately!"

Not a minute later, the henchman from the carriage went down and approached the middle aged man and the crying child.

"You! Don't you know that we're in a hurry? If my young master couldn't make it to the examinations, you will greatly pay for this!"

The henchman didn't notice that the middle aged man was wearing splendid servant clothes.

"Who is your master? Don't you know that if something bad happened to my young master, even your master's life wouldn't be enough to pay for it?"

The middle aged man wanted to retaliate more but the crying child slightly nudged him.

"You want to go home, young master?"

The child nodded and the middle aged man carried him in his arms. Before he left, he said some words to the henchman,

"If your master can afford to offend Golden Treasury, we will welcome him to our mansion."

The henchman started to sweat and immediately run towards his carriage. He informed his master of what happened and even though the man inside the carriage got nervous, he still told his henchman to continue towards the school.

On the other hand, the middle aged man carried the child for a few meters before seeing a carriage stop in front of them. They both went inside and the child didn't look like he's hurt at all.

The middle aged man immediately applied medicine to prevent infection.

"It's good that you were safe, young master."

The child looked like a six year old one. His nose and eyes are both red from crying a while ago. But, he stopped and was actually smiling right now.

"A beautiful woman saved me!"

The middle aged man was taken aback to hear what his young master just said. He was a peak level six martial artist yet, he didn't sense anyone before he approached his young master. Could it be that a high-leveled martial artist was silently roaming in the city?

"Young master, can you tell me what did the woman who saved you looked like?"

The child looked at the middle aged man with sparkling eyes. It looked like he just saw a new toy he wanted to play with.

"She has light grey eyes! Beautiful light grey eyes!"

Light grey eyes? Is it a rogue martial artist who just came out of seclusion? What the middle age man was thankful for is that aside from saving his young master, the martial artist looks like she didn't want any attention. She also didn't do anything to the young master anyway.

In a certain restaurant near the almost crime scene, a man was sitting in a place that was overlooking the area. He got this amused look on his face. He looked like he saw something interesting just now. The man stood up and walked out of the restaurant.

---

Analea hurriedly went back to the school. But, she made sure to pass by a lot of alleyways and secret roads to erase her presence and tracks. She knew that when she used the Wind and Light Footsteps, someone must have noticed her. Erasing one's presence and tracks was something she learned from Mister Reynolds and something she has been doing since then.

In these past few days, Gandel saw how Analea makes less and less mistakes in wielding the sword. However, it's still not enough. He thought that Analea's endurance was weak and made her do some simple exercises and workouts to improve it. What Gandel didn't know is that Analea has been wearing weights. She was also secretly doing some running and weightlifting before. The running has been halted when Gandel bought her though. Now she can finally run again.

"Third young master, if I have to do the running in the morning and evening, won't you be tired if you need to keep watching me?"

Gandel wanted to say that everything's okay but what Analea said was true. He can't possibly watch and keep her by his side for the whole day. He also has a lot of things and trainings to do.

"Third young master, I will not to practice the sword without you. I will only do simple physical exercises in the morning and evening whenever you're not around."

"Okay. I will believe you. Let's stop for today."

Analea placed the sword in its sheathed and rack. She then saw that Gandel was staring at her. She can only wonder why.

"I will leave first. Bring some tea to my room later."

Analea could only nod. She felt that something probably happened back in the mansion that made her master looked sad. It has always been like this. Gandel would only ask her for some tea whenever he feels down and depress.

"Young master."

She knocked on the door first before making sure her master was awake.

"Come in."

She opened the door and respectfully bowed. She was about to leave the tea on the table of the receiving area when Gandel said,

"Bring the tea here."

Analea obeyed her master and walked further. When she traversed the thin paper wall separating the receiving area from her master's bedroom, she saw Gandel sitting near a window. He was looking out to the night sky.

She brought the tea in front of Gandel and was ready to leave when Gandel asked her to sit across him.

"Analea, do you know what the most difficult thing is when you're not strong?"

Gandel was still looking out of the window not even touching his tea. Analea didn't reply.

"It's not being free."

Analea quietly listens to Gandel. She did not move and only listened to him. This has already happened before for so many times. That is why she knew that Gandel only needed someone who can listen to him.

She also understood where all of this is coming from. It all comes down to being a son of an influential family.

"Do you want to be free, Analea?"

Gandel finally looked at her. He was smiling but his eyes were not.

"Third young master, what do you mean by being free? If I may, being strong doesn't really mean being free. There are just some things that you won't be able to get your hands on even though you're strong. To be free is not to be able to do everything you want. That is impossible. To be free is to feel loved, safe, and contented. If you're asking me if I want to be free, I would say that I am practically contented right now."

Gandel was already used to Analea being so mature for her age. All that she said only brought a smile on his face. He kept on staring at her. Analea, of course, sees this but she doesn't really mind. Gandel might have realized something.

There was only silence before Gandel spoke again.

"I do think that it's a good decision when I asked you to come with me. You may rest now. I'll finish this tea first."

Analea suddenly smiled.

"I do think that it's a blessing for me to have met third young master. Good night."

She slightly bowed and left.

When Gandel saw that smile on her face, he wasn't able to say anything back or do anything. Analea's smile was so sudden and it was also the first time he saw it. Something inside him stirred and all he could do was stare blankly straight ahead.

Is this the feeling when someone doesn't usually give you something but you suddenly received them?

He leaned back on his chair and brushed his hair. It was also a blessing to have met her.

---

The school started and the new students were already getting used to the school. Gandel stayed in the school and when he's not around, Analea gets to do whatever she wants. She has been doing her own training in the morning and evening. She has been practicing martial arts techniques without Gandel's knowledge. She's become proficient in swords and also started using the bow. What she practices inside Gandel's courtyard is only to be proficient in the use of sword and bow using only pure strength and endurance.

The martial arts techniques she remembers from her family were of swords and bow arts which are convenient since the weapons are readily available and her eyes would be advantageous for using the bow. What she practices was her father's precious technique called Rain of Swords. It lets one's sword become like the rain; sudden, quiet, or gentle. This sword technique focuses on silent killing and is powerful when in contact with water. In its high level form, it can allow a rain of sword attacks without being noticed. The peak level allows one to perform a massive sword attack which can become a storm and tornado. The bow technique she practiced was from their treasury. It was something that their family obtained a long time ago. It is called Heavenly Lightning Call. The skill allows the user to embed lighting on his arrows. The high level form allows one to call forth a heavenly lightning. The peak level would allow one to call forth seven heavenly lightning with each arrow. All of these martial arts manual only talks about the high level form. Analea was able to analyze the peak level because her eyes seem to know them.

Analea can't actually practice her sword and bow techniques inside the practice area so sometimes she would go out of the city and practice in a nearby forest. This helps with her training and also, gain money for things she needed to buy. Her practice targets are actually beasts and she sells the beasts' skins and meat to a certain shop in the city. She sometimes even sells their cores. Because of the Wind and Light Footsteps reaching peak levels as well as the concealing technique of her eyes, she can now go from one place to another without anyone noticing her; that includes those teachers and elders of the school. This allows her to come in and out of the school without anyone noticing. She would also go out sometimes to buy other stuff like herbs or arrows or only to look around.

Two months have passed since the day she arrived at Green Earthen Academy. Gandel would occasionally help her with training though he doesn't have to. They would occasionally talk but until now, Gandel hasn't told him anything about their mansion or about why he sometimes feels sad or depressed. However, Gandel only shows his pained expression to Analea. Whenever he faces other people, he would be the same old approachable and friendly Gandel everyone knows.

On a certain morning, Gandel lessened his return to the courtyard. He already told Analea that the yearly ranking is only three months away and he needed to focus on his training. He wouldn't return to the courtyard that much since he will be staying in specialized seclusion areas of the school. Analea have explored almost all areas in the school however, she didn't want to explore the whole school because she's afraid that someone might found out about her. There are also areas in the school that she can't seem to see through and these are probably the specialized areas that Gandel says.

Analea was about to go back to the city and exchange the loots she got from hunting when she sensed a fight 45 miles from her position. She stopped to take a look. There was a group of four people fighting a Black Saberwolf. Three of them are men and one was a woman; all of them are martial artists. The Black Saberwolf is a high leveled beast and base on its height, the one in this fight is a peak level six. A level one Black Saberwolf only reaches up to four meters. An increase in meter means an increase in its level. One must know that beasts and humans are not the same in terms of cultivation levels. In this case, even though it's a level six beast, only a martial artist of level eight can compete with it. Moreover, three of the people fighting with the beast are only level three; only one of them reached level four. What makes Analea's brows furrow is how could these people have provoked such beast?

She was going to ignore the group when she heard a shout.

"Ahhh!"

"Leon!!"

The group was really in a bad situation. One of their comrades got his arm off with the Black Saberwolf's claw attack. He was about to be eaten by the beast when he even got the time to shout at his comrades.

"Don't think about me! Just go! Arghhhhh! Go!!"

The three other people hesitated before they ran. The woman even looked back but she was grabbed by the other man and they left the person named Leon. He was also the only level four among the group. However, no matter what he does at that moment, he knows that he's going to die.

Just when the beast was about to eat Leon, an arrow carrying a powerful lightning was shot into the beast's left eye. The beast howled and looked at the direction of where the arrow came from. When the beast turned to look at the direction of the source, his other eye was shot. The beast howled once again and tried to run away but his whole body was covered in lightning. This made it hard for the beast to run that far. Multiple arrows containing powerful lightning continuously shot from its side and was aimed for the beast's vital and weak spots. After the beast ran for 60 meters, it collapsed on the ground and its breathing slowed down. When Analea was sure that it was dead, that's when she went back to check on the injured person.

When she came to check on Leon, she saw him lying on the ground and in pain. Blood continuously flowed from his dismembered arm. Analea is not proficient in medicine but it's a good thing that she always brings recovery pills and they were high leveled ones. She helped the man take in the pills and apply medicine on his wound. She also helped bandaged it. As a qualified hunter, her preparedness is hands down.

The man lost consciousness and she didn't know what to do. She needed to go back to the school as she doesn't know when Gandel will return. But, she can't leave this injured man alone in this forest.

She decided to carry the man and first, retrieved some loot from the Black Saberwolf. Afterwards, she went inside the city and entered an inn. She paid for a room and left the injured man sleeping. She proceeded to the exchange shop and sold her items. She also sold the level six beast core which the man said is too much for him to pay as of the moment. High level beast cores are seldom but they are also highly sought. These are particularly true for beast cores of level five and above. Anyone who trains with inner energy and wants to increase or enhance it can use beast cores. Alchemists also use beasts' cores for some of their recipes. The deal for the beast core Analea just sold amounts to 1,500 gold coins. A gold coin is equivalent to 100 silver coins or 1000 copper coins. Since she trusts the shop dealer and has been going there for some time already, she said she'll get the payment next time.

What upsets Analea is that, her money and items decreased because of the injured man. Recovery pills are not cheap as well as the arrows she's using. She was actually thrifty because she needs to. Every arrow she uses for Heavenly Lightning Call gets destroyed immediately. The arrows are of mid-quality and are still not able to take her lightning attackes. Not only that, the weapons she got from Gandel's practice area are also of mid-qualities. She was actually saving money to buy new weapons but still, it's not enough. The money she gets from hunting is still not enough and she also doesn't always go hunting. If only she could ask for compensation from that injured man and his group.

Just when she was about to sneak into the school, she felt a pair of eyes watching her. She stopped and turned around only to see a man come out from an alley. He was wearing blue scholarly clothes and was intently staring at her with a creepy smile. But of course, all of this was only Analea's assessment. If other girls saw this man's smile, they would even scream or faint on the spot.

"Who are you?"

The man was the first to break the silence and asked Analea. She knew this was trouble. If this man knew of her identity, it could also affect her master's reputation. She didn't answer and only kept quiet. Fortunately, she always wears her straw hat and the man wasn't able to see her face. Then, the man disappeared and appeared in front of her trying to take off her hat. She immediately unsheathed her sword and slash at him causing the man to widen the distance between them. When he landed on the ground few meters from her, he noticed that there was two hand length red lines on his chest. The wound wasn't that deep because he was able to get away from her immediately. But, he was surprised to know that someone was able to inflict damage on him. Also, that person was able to attack twice in that short encounter. He was about to say something when Analea started another attack. This time, she used her bow and shot three arrows with lightning at the man. She didn't want to kill him because it will only cause more trouble so she only aimed on the ground. The three consecutive arrows made the man go further away from her and she used this time to escape into the school.

When she arrived at Gandel's courtyard, she immediately burned her disguised clothes. It looks like she won't be able to go out for a couple of days. She also decided to change her weapons because she already mastered the sword and bow techniques. It would also help her disguise in the future.

---

Later that night, the heavily injured man named Leon finally woke up. He noticed that instead of being in the forest, he was actually lying on a bed inside a room. Also, he saw that his arm was even properly bandaged.

He wasn't able to stand up properly but he still forced himself to. He went out of the room with difficulty wanting to find the counter and some answers.

"Excuse me, I was on room four. May I know who brought me here?"

Even though he finds it difficult to do things with his conditions, he badly wanted to know who helped him.

"Oh? That person is not your friend? Well, I don't exactly know him. He was also wearing a straw hat which covered his face so I didn't get to see how he looks like."

"He...?"

The inn keeper had a confused look on his face. Did he mistake that person for a man?

Leon was thinking that he clearly saw a beautiful woman came to his aid before he collapsed. If the person who brought him in the inn was a male then, the person who saved him is a beautiful man instead. He got disappointed yet, he was still grateful.

"Thank you very much but, is the room already paid? I left my belongings somewhere else."

"No problem. The man already covered for everything. Your five-day stay including the meals on our restaurant was already paid."

"Ah! Thank you very much!"

Leon asked for the food to be delivered in his room. He wanted some time alone. He was still disheartened about his lost arm. Despite that, he was grateful for the person who saved him. What is a lost arm if you can still live? His level may have dropped and his skills may be affected but he will still work hard.

"I need to find a proficient archer with a lightning skill. Only then can I know about him."

After his five-day rest, he immediately went back to Green Earthen Academy. Actually, he was a student in that school and also an inner disciple. He was a promising student with an age of 16 and a mid-level four martial master. In reality, he was included in the top 100 inner disciples. If only his arm was intact, his level would not probably fall to the low level four.

"It's good that your injury was immediately and properly taken care of. Though, why didn't go back as soon as you regain consciousness? These are recovery pills. You have to pay for everything with your contribution points, okay?"

"Thank you, teacher. You can deduct the points right away but if it's lacking, can you let me pay them next time?"

"Young man, I don't run a charity here. Don't worry. Your points are sufficient because you only need to pay huge points for the recovery pills."

As soon as he got out of the school alchemy department, he returned to his small house. The yearly rankings will happen in three months and he needed a lot of training to do.

"Leon!"

Someone shouted from outside his house. When he got outside, he saw a woman around his age wearing outer disciple clothing. It was the same woman she was with during the incident at the forest. Her name is Leila.

"What are you doing here?"

Outer disciples are not allowed in the inner disciples' area. They could come only on special occasions or special missions.

"I beg someone to let me in as soon as I heard that you came back."

Her eyes shifted from his face to his left arm. A solemn look can be seen on her face.

"I'm sorry about your arm."

Leon brushed off Leila's statement and instead asked how they were doing; including those two men they were with.

The four of them were actually good friends. Leila and the other three got a mission to collect herbs in the forest. All disciples are required to finish at least one mission in one month. Because of the threats from beasts, they asked Leon to accompany them. They did not expect that they would encounter the Black Saberwolf even in a level two danger zone and to accidentally provoke it. Everyone received injuries but only Leon received serious and grave ones.

"How did you..."

"Luckily, someone saved me. Anyway, you don't have to worry. I won't take it out on you guys or anything. However, I may not be able to accompany you since I need to prepare for the yearly rankings."

After his small chat with Leila, he proceeded to the archery department. He wanted to ask about anyone proficient with the bow and has grasped the lightning technique. By asking around, he found out that only one person uses a lightning technique because it's very dangerous. This was a man called Subiro and was ranked as top 11. He only goes out of school during missions.

Leon thought that this was the person he was looking for however, he learned that Subiro didn't have light grey eyes and black hair. If Subiro wasn't the guy, who could it be? Is the person he's looking for really a student of their school? He put up a notice on the mission tower for any information regarding an archer with light grey eyes, black hair, and has lightning skills. He was desperate to find the person who saved him

After that, Leon started to seriously train for the upcoming yearly rankings.

---

"I finally found her but she's really awful."

The man with scholarly clothes that Analea encountered outside the school suddenly appeared inside a room at a prestigious inn in the city.

"Master! Where did you get those wounds?!"

Two middle aged men who look exactly the same run towards the man wearing blue scholarly clothes. They immediately attended to his wounds.

"Master Cleve! You are proficient in mental attacks and yet, someone was able to harm you?!"

"Someone was actually bold and wants to offend our school!"

The man wearing scholarly clothes is named Cleve. He laughed when he heard his attendants' statements.

"This is not a joke, Master Cleve! If something bad happens to you, how will we explain it to your father?! The five-year summit will be held next year and the school needs you!"

"Oh come on. I didn't expect to actually be attacked by that girl. Anyway, I already found her and it looked like she was a student of Green Earthen Academy."

"When did you learn to chase girls, Master?"

Cleve rolled his eyes.

"Let's go back. I will see her in next year's competitions anyway. She looks like a core disciple anyway."

He wanted to go back to their kingdom so that his father will lessen his scolding but unfortunately, one of his attendants said some news.

"Master Cleve, you were actually invited for a banquet in Green Earthen Academy. Would you like to attend or shall we decline the offer? I heard Green Earthen Academy invited numerous guests to attend this year."

"Oh?"

"They probably got their hands on some promising individuals or their current students have improved a lot."

A smile formed with the corners of his mouth. He was ready to leave the kingdom. Suddenly, a chance to possibly see that girl came up. How can he decline such thing?

---

Another month had passed. Gandel was the same. He didn't return that much in his courtyard so Analea still got a lot of free time. She also learned to be proficient in more weapons and was practicing with daggers and a saber. For her height and weight, the saber was actually as tall as her but heavier. But, because she has been training her physical abilities such as stamina and endurance, she didn't have any problem with using a saber. The downside for her of changing weapons is that she didn't have any technique for a dagger and while she does have something for the saber, she can't actually practice it in this place.

One month before the competition, Gandel finally returned. Analea didn't know it but she really felt like she missed him.

"How's your training? You didn't do any weapon practice while I was gone, right?"

"Answering third young master, I did not."

Gandel was currently eating dinner while Analea was standing behind him. While they were talking, a servant interrupted saying that Gandel's friend, Ruther, wants to see him.

"Bro!"

"What brings you here?"

Gandel wasn't able to finish his meal because of Ruther's arrival. He believed that something huge happened that's why Ruther came to see him even though it's in the middle of their preparation.

"You need to help me, bro. The banquet will happen in five days and my gramps has been bugging me again!"

"I almost forgot about it."

The banquet they were talking about was the yearly gathering of the top 20 inner disciples as well as core disciples of the school. It's supposed to be a breather for everyone who will compete but it rather became a measuring of competitors. The banquet includes the teachers and headmaster as well as some prominent families and aristocrats of the kingdom. The disciples invited were also given the chance to bring people they want to. Because of this, aside from being a measure of competitors, it also became an avenue for families to look for prospect targets of political marriage.

Ruther is the second son of one of the kingdom's old generals. He's also ranked as top 8 among inner disciples. He looks to be promising but most of the times, he acts like a kid. He likes to play around instead of getting serious. But, he's very honest and loyal, someone that can be trusted.

Based on what he's saying to Gandel, Ruther's grandfather wanted him to marry the sole daughter of one of the kingdom's ministers. That girl is also a student in Green Earthen Academy although she was included in the top 50. Ruther, loved being free, didn't agree to it. But unfortunately, his grandfather will be attending the banquet and the minister's family will also be there.

"You have to help me!! I'm being desperate here! I wanted to focus on training but I just can't!!"

"You can actually boycott the banquet if you want."

"Are you serious?! Do you want me kicked out of the school and of our house? You know how we can't do that! You're not helping me!!!"

Ruther placed his hands on his face and started to look devastated.

"I really can't help you. That's just how our families are. Also, you think your grandfather will let you go that easy? You're actually single which basically invites all kinds of proposals."

"How did you resolve yours then?"

Ruther was mocking Gandel but instead of being affected, Gandel only became more serious. It seems like he also has the same problem as Ruther.

"I did not."

"What?!"

"The girl is from some trading company in another kingdom. I was told that she would like to meet soon. I just haven't received any notice whether it's on this banquet or not."

"So, we're both doomed."

Just when both of them went quiet, Ruther looked at Gandel and noticed something.

"Ah!"

"What now?"

Ruther pointed at Analea.

"I have a plan! Let me borrow her!"

Gandel's voice suddenly raised a little.

"No! She's not a thing to borrow."

"It's not what you think, bro. I will only have her pose as my lover so that my grandfather will stop bugging me!"

"When I say no, it's no."

"Come on, bro! Just help me this once! Please! I promise to do anything. I even promise to pay you with contribution points of you want to!"

Gandel looked at Analea who was standing behind him. Then, he looked at Ruther pleading.

"I don't want her to get involved in anything. Besides, your fiancé will be coming to the banquet. If she got humiliated, Analea will get in trouble. Also, do you think your grandfather will even buy this?"

"Bro! You've got to believed me! The arranged marriage hasn't been discussed at all. My gramps was only suggesting it and will discuss it on the banquet with the minister. As soon as you're okay with the plan, I will send a notice to our house that I will be bringing my lover. That way, my gramps won't be talking with the minister anymore! Problem solved! Also, don't worry about my gramps. Even though we're a major family, my gramps still came from a humble background. He wouldn't oppose something as trivial as this."

It seems like Ruther has really devised a good plan in such a short amount of time. Gandel kept on rejecting him but he was so persistent. Gandel knew that his friend wouldn't budge and would keep bugging him if he doesn't go with his plan.

"Why are you asking me? It's Analea who will be involved so if she's okay with it, I will lay out my conditions then."

Analea heard about everything. Even though she looked like she doesn't care, she still thought that doing this is only troublesome.

"Please, please, please, Analea. This will only be for just one night! I won't let anything bad happen to you even after this! I swear! So please help me, Analea."

Ruther kept on pleading to Analea instead. Even though she wanted to reject the idea, Gandel told her that Ruther won't stop bugging her until she agrees. Unless she's ready to be disrupted until the banquet, there's no other way but to agree.

Eventually, Analea nodded.

No one knew that when Analea agreed, Gandel's eyes twitched. He seems to be thinking about something.

"Analea agreed but you have to make sure that no one will know. Also, don't let anything happen to her even after the banquet. In case your fan girls knew about this, she will be troubled. Protect her from even your family especially your grandfather. Do not leave her even for a second."

Ruther agreed to everything that Gandel said. They laid out the plans. They made up a background for Analea. She will be pretending to be a young girl from her small hunting village in Azure Ground kingdom just like her real background. Ruther and Analea met because the former got injured in some fight when he was traveling. He then seeks shelter in Analea's village. Ruther's adventures helped in making these lies. Ruther was able to bring her to Emerald Forest City before the banquet because of his connections.

The plan for bringing her out of Gandel's courtyard was simple. Gandel would go out tomorrow on a carriage and eat at this certain restaurant with private rooms where they will meet up with Ruther. Gandel will return back alone while Ruther arranges for Analea to be escorted alone and in secret to a prominent inn in the city where she will be staying at for the next couple of days. On the day of the banquet, Ruther will arrange for his trusted servant to help dress up Analea. From that, Ruther will be fetching Analea and they will go together to the banquet. After the banquet, Ruther will escort Analea to an inn once again where she will be fetched by Ruther the next day. They will go to a same restaurant with private rooms and will meet up with Gandel. Gandel will then go back together with Analea from that.

Unless someone was deliberately trailing them, the plan will go smoothly. Ruther will also hire scouts to protect Analea and prevent anyone from tracking her.

After their talk andplanning, Ruther went out while thanking Analea wholeheartedly. Gandel thenasked Analea to once again bring tea to his room. Analeafound herself sitting in front of Gandel in his room for the nthtime.

"You once again knew of my dark side."

Ganndal slowly drank his tea.

"It's not that dark, third young master."

He looked at Analea who was looking straight ahead.

"Marrying someone you don't know and don't even love is one of the cruelest things you can do to anyone."

"You haven't met her, third young master. And, your marriage is still far for you to be concerned. A lot of things may happen in between."

"You think so?"

Gandel smiled a little. But, when he once again picked up his tea cup and remembered the plan with Ruther, he started to frown.

"Why did you agree with Ruther?"

"Third young master told me that I shouldn't refuse him."

"Did I?"

He couldn't help but tightly grip his cup. Analea saw this but she doesn't understand why her master is angry.

"If third young master wants me to, I would immediately refuse the plan."

"You would go to him in the middle of the night?"

Analea nodded. She felt that her master today was too difficult to understand.

Gandel, on the other hand, also don't understand himself. Did he really want her to refuse Ruther? What does he really want?

Because of the long silence, Gandel decided to end the night.

---

Before Gandel left Analea to Ruther, he told her to take care and not expose her abilities to anyone. She nodded and felt his hands patting her head. Ruther then arranged another carriage to take Analea to a certain inn. The last to leave the room is Ruther, riding their family's carriage.

The days passed by quietly. Analea only stayed in a four-cornered room and did some light training. In the blink of an eye, the day of the banquet came.

Analea heard someone knocking on the door. However, even before they knocked, she already knew they were Ruther's servants. When she opened the door, two women, one old and one young, came inside her room. They immediately helped her dress up. During the preparation, she learned that they were servants of Ruther's mother. Ruther is close with them so they decided to help him. They all knew about the plan and everything else.

The dress prepared for Analea was a white and pink long dress with long sleeves. It's designed with violet, purple, and dark pink butterflies mostly covering the end of the dress with some looking like flying in different directions upwards her body. The materials used in this dress are expensive and it's really a stunning dress. For Analea's hair, which was already long but always in a bun, they decided to half-tie it in a bun with most of it freely flowing down. The bun was decorated with a large white lily and the large hairpin was white with a hanging pink butterfly. She also wore some accessories like necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. She even has an anklet on her right leg. The finishing touch was a white veil placed over her head. This veil will not only help hide her eyes but also her face. It was really effective and unless someone pulled it up or took it off, no one will be able to see her face.

All throughout the preparation, Analea kept her eyes closed. She doesn't want anyone looking at her eyes.

When the old and young women named, old Hona and Tanya, asked her to stand up and lift her face up. They were taken aback by how beautiful Analea is. Everyone knows that no matter what kind of girl it is, if she dressed up properly and with make up on, she would become beautiful. When Analea walked towards the receiving area, the butterflies on her dress seemed to be flying. She looked like someone who came out of a picture perfect painting! Analea was already charming in her normal get up but when she really dressed up nicely, she can be tied with the beautiful princesses of different kingdoms.

Old Hona and Tanya were still savoring Analea's exquisiteness and making some finishing touches here and there when there were five knocks on the door. It seems like Ruther came early. Old Hona told Tanya to bring Analea back to the bedroom while she opens the door for their young master.

Ruther first came inside but he was followed by Gandel. It wasn't really in their plan for Gandel to come here but he insisted. They both sat down in the receiving area while old Hona brings Analea.

Analea walked from the bedroom which was only separated by a thin paper wall from the receiving area. She was clasping both her hands with her head slightly bowed. Even though her eyes were closed, she didn't trip. When she respectfully bowed to Gandel and Ruther, she brought down her hands in front of her abdomen and lifted her head up. At that moment, Gandel and Ruther finally saw her. Without even seeing her face, she was already giving off an aura of grace and elegance. She seems to be a woman from an influential family. One might also come to a conclusion that behind that veil, a beautiful woman is definitely hiding. Ruther had his mouth form an 'O' shape while Gandel stood up and was speechless. Both of them were staring at her and also, inspecting her whole body afraid of missing any detail or spot.

"Young masters Ruther and Gandel, we present to you miss Analea. She really looks stunning even with her veil on. But I assure you that without it, I'm afraid you'll face countless of men trying to fight over her. It's just too bad that she didn't open her eyes even once."

Old Hona let out those words. Tanya only smiled. Everything old Hona said was true. They've seen Analea without the veil and she looks perfect. However, they didn't see her eyes because she kept on keeping them close.

Ruther and Gandel heard those words of old Hona but only kept staring at Analea.

Gandel was the first to come out of his daze and go over her. He was standing close to her and in front of her. With this, Ruther came back to his senses but still, couldn't believe what he just saw and heard. He also wanted to see Analea's face but he knew that Gandel would only hit him in the head.

"You look wonderful, Analea."

Gandel softly said to her.

"Thank you, third young master."

He was closely inspecting her and also wanted to take off her veil.

"You wouldn't open your eyes?"

Gandel noticed that Analea kept her eyes close. He knew that she doesn't want anyone looking at them but it can't be helped. She must open them during the banquet anyway.

"I'm afraid that third young master and everyone else would be scared."

"You will still have to open them later."

"Yes, I understand. I will open them at the banquet, third young master."

He felt something inside him and he just wanted to see her first before anyone else.

"Can I see your face and your eyes? At least, let me be the first one to look at them properly."

Analea didn't reply. She wasn't sure if she would allow her master but, she still has to do it anyway. She nodded after some seconds of hesitating. When she felt that her veil was pulled up, she lifted her head a little and slowly opened her eyes.

What Gandel saw were the most stunning eyes he has ever seen. Analea's eyes were light grey and even though it should look dull and blank, it actually looked mysterious and mesmerizing. Gandel can't have enough of it. Only when Ruther called his name so loud did he came back to his senses. He immediately let the veil go and it once again covered Analea's face.

Ruther wanted to look at Analea's face too but Gandel said that it's not possible. He added that condition on their agreement as well as not letting anyone see her face no matter what. Ruther only became more curious but he still followed. He knew that Gandel is protective of this special servant and he's already thankful that they let her help him.

Gandel said that he would go first. Ruther and Analea would be going on one carriage anyway. After he left, Ruther and Analea talked for a bit as they were rehearsing anything that could happen in the banquet.

The banquet started at seven in the evening but some guests have started to arrive one hour before the starting time. The arrival of guests will be announced. This is why as soon as the guards open their mouths, the people inside the banquet will turn their heads and look at the entrance. Then all of a sudden, chit-chats would start. However, the teachers of the school as well as the invited disciples won't be announced.

"What is the second royal prince of Fayn kingdom doing here?"

"The headmaster invited different people. It's not a surprise that Prince Harvey is here. He's also a skilled martial artist."

"The Golden Treasury also sent someone? Oh my goodness! Aren't we seeing big people here?"

"That conglomerate is very grand. We wouldn't even be in their eyes if it wasn't for their young master strolling in this city."

"There are also representatives from Holy Cross Academy!"

"Aren't they one of the top contenders for the five-year summit? We wouldn't have a chance to showcase that much if they go on stage!"

"Master Popehty is also here? Is that why some of our seclusion areas improved?"

"I heard he's been called by other schools to work on their magic arrays. We were lucky that headmaster was able to ask him that early."

"My gosh! King Alexander is here! Isn't he the youngest king in the whole continent?"

"He's probably visiting places to gain influence and build up relationships. I heard it hasn't been that long since he got the throne."

When Ruther and Analea came, the banquet will almost start. They forgot the time because of their rehearsals. The guards announcing the guests' arrival even thought that Analea was an important guest because of her aura and appearance. Only when they saw Ruther did they know that the girl beside him is his companion for the banquet.

Ruther simply greeted or gestured to some people along the way. Eventually, he finally arrived at where his grandfather is. His father and elder brother are still on patrol in the borders and cannot attend. His grandfather was talking to some people when he interrupted. This caused everyone to give the grandfather and grandchild some private time. Right after that, Ruther introduced Analea to his grandfather, Derick Vientosa. Analea's screen name, on the other hand, is Alicia. When Derick saw Analea, his jaw dropped. This was the same reaction as those other people who noticed her. Derick didn't know what to say and kept looking back and forth to Ruther and Analea. Analea respectfully bowed and introduced herself which made Derick even more mesmerized. He wanted to scold Ruther for hiding this truth and this girl. If only he believed his son, he wouldn't have talked to the minister at all.

"What?!"

"It's your entire fault, if you only introduced Alicia early, I wouldn't have discussed about anything to that old geezer."

"Gramps! I already sent you a letter saying Alicia will be coming with me to this banquet and you still went and talk to those people! Argh! Now everything's a mess!"

After arguing with Derick, Ruther looked back at Analea and held on her shoulders.

"I will protect you and won't let anything happen to you. You believe me, right?"

Analea only nodded. She doesn't really want to speak that much. Also, they can't do anything anyway and her identity will only be for this night.

Seeing this, Derick felt guilty. He promised to talk to the minister right away. Ruther, mad at his grandfather, only grabbed Analea's hand and walked away from that place. Ruther said that he will think of a way.

All of this has been witnessed by Gandel. From the moment that Ruther and Analea walked in, his eyes didn't look away from Analea. When he saw Ruther grabbing Analea's hand and walking away from Derick, he knew something was wrong. Immediately, he went over to check up on them.

As soon as Ruther got away from his grandfather, a number of nobles and aristocrats went over to him to chat for a bit. However, it was clear that everyone's intention was to know who Analea is. Gandel suddenly shouted,

"Ruther! Let's talk for a bit, shall we?"

When everyone saw Gandel, they also wanted to talk to him. He only said that Ruther and he were going to talk about the incoming competition and other martial arts related stuff. This clearly showed that they wanted to talk in private so everyone left them alone. Fortunately, they found a corner void of people. They started whispering about a lot of stuff.

Soon, the headmaster of the school who was a middle aged man started speaking as the opening remark. Then, the banquet finally started. Everyone clapped their hands and the food and drinks came immediately. There were also some music playing in the background but people still resumed chatting with each other.

Meanwhile, the three people standing in a corner were still busy whispering at each other.

"I told you your plan wouldn't work."

"But, you did agree anyway. We can't do anything about it. Fortunately, it wasn't really a marriage proposal. It was only a discussion."

"But you can already see how the minister's daughter is looking at you with anger. I also saw her look at Analea with jealousy."

"I know! You can't leave me hanging here, bro. All we got to do is see this to the end. At the end of this banquet, everything will go back to normal."

"I hope so."

Gandel looked at Analea and asked her.

"Are you still alright? Do you want to leave?"

"Hey, bro! What leave? We have to see this through the end or else, my gramps won't believe me."

Analea finally spoke.

"I'm fine, third young master. I can stay. It's only for this night."

Then, Gandel saw how Ruther was still holding Analea's hands. He squints and took a deep breath.

"You're enjoying holding hands?"

Ruther felt a cold aura coming from Gandel and immediately let go of Analea's hand. He forcefully smiled before changing the topic.

"You shouldn't call him third young master, Analea. Didn't we talk about this before?"

She only nodded.

"Good. Then, try calling me by my name. Try saying 'yes' and follow it with my name."

"Yes, Ru---"

Before Analea could even finish speaking, Gandel smacked Ruther's head.

"What kind of joke are you trying to pull off?"

"Ouch! Okay! Okay! I know how protective you are. If I may, you wanted her to say your name instead!"

Before Gandel was able to do anything to Ruther, the latter was able to run away. He told them that he will get some food and drinks.

"You... Don't go away from me or from Ruther, okay?"

Analea nodded.

"A lot of people here are wolves hiding in sheep's clothing. Also, it's really bad if someone found out about you."

"Yes, third young master."

Then, after a few seconds, Analea took back what she just said.

"I mean, I understand, sir Gandel."

In Gandel's thought, it would have been perfect if only Analea removed the 'sir'. It made him looked like an old man. But these thoughts were kept hidden by Gandel. He only nodded at Analea and said, 'good'.

Silence filled their atmosphere but it was a kind of silence that was rather soothing. It was only broken when a man with long red hair tied in a ponytail started approaching them.

"Hey, Gandel. Are you ready for later?"

"Subiro."

The man provoking Gandel laughed so disturbing. Analea narrowed her eyes and was feeling rather something bad about this Subiro.

"You'll see. I'll eventually overtake your rank and reach a much higher one than yours."

The man continued laughing before continuing his words.

"If I do win, I'll take that girl as a prize."

He pointed at Analea before leaving them alone. This made Gandel clenched his fists tightly. Analea saw this and immediately reached out for Gandel's fist. Gandel looked at Analea and then, at her hand before slowly opening his hands. When Analea felt his hand opened, she withdrew hers.

At that moment, Gandel felt contented.

Ruther finally came back with some food and drinks. He was ambushed and that's why he wasn't able to quickly return.

"I heard there were special guests this time. There were families from other kingdoms. Also, some teachers and students from other schools have come. Now that you know, don't come asking for more trouble, Gandel. Understood?"

Gandel smacked his head once again.

"I think you better tell that to yourself, hot-headed person."

"I'm so great that I only need to maintain my ranking."

The three people kept on chatting when suddenly, a guest arrived which was announced by the guards.

"Master Cleve Yearland of Hidden Temple!"

A man wearing majestic black and blue scholarly clothes came inside the school's main hall. In his clothing, a golden phoenix was embroidered which added to its grand aura. Behind him, two middle aged man, who look exactly the same and were wearing black scholarly clothes, were following him.

"Hidden Temple!"

"What are they doing here? Isn't their school too far from here?"

"It's him! He's the second most outstanding man of the new generation!"

"I heard only Shiken from Godly Sword Pavilion could defeat him."

People started talking among themselves about this late guest. Apparently, he's the top student of Hidden Temple and second among the new generation's top five. Gracing the academy's banquet is such a huge surprise!

Hidden Temple is a school focusing on mental attacks and they only accept around 20-30 students every year. Other times, they don't accept anyone at all. To be able to enter the school, you need the recommendation of someone inside or in simpler terms, be scouted. Even though they only have around a hundred students, fewer than even some of the ordinary schools, they shouldn't be underestimated. A person from that school can even defeat hundreds or thousands of people without even lifting a single finger. Their ways are so mysterious that most of the people are afraid of them.

Cleve walked towards the headmaster and respectfully greeted him. He doesn't even show respect to royalties. He can afford to offend them anyway.

When Analea noticed Cleve, she was startled. It was the person who followed her to school that time. He's really strong so that's why she wasn't able to detect him. Now, she's thinking that she must really be low-key throughout the night.

Though she was startled, it wasn't noticed by anyone at all.

Right after the commotion from Cleve's arrival had calmed down, the headmaster delivered another speech.

"In a few weeks, Green Earthen Academy yearly ranking competition will start. To allow students to relax and have a good time, this banquet was organized. However, it is also important to gauge each and everyone's skills and, before the competition, allow them to further improve. I also hope that our guests may be able to give out some pointers. So, shall we commence a friendly competition between our disciples as well as some of our core disciples? To start, we have a new student here and maybe, some of the students can help him."

The headmaster then, stepped forward and signaled for a young man in a corner to stand beside him. The headmaster also asked everyone to vacate the middle of the hall.

The guests and students stepped away from the middle of the hall. An array was then activated and a mini stage was formed. This stage was enclosed in a magic barrier that would allow the competitors to be able to wield their weapons and attack without worrying about destroying their surroundings.

Analea looked at the magic array. Because she had read some books about them, she has some knowledge on it. She can't decipher the array but her eyes can break it down into simpler ones. Even though it did, because she still lacks knowledge and proper guidance, she can't fully understand the array and only be amazed by it.

"I will introduce to you a new disciple of Elder Hui. His name is Jinyang, 15 years old, a peak level six martial master."

An old man with white moustache and short white beard went closer to the young man called Jinyang and whispered some words to him. Jinyang then proceeded to the mini stage in the middle of the hall.

"Elder Hui took in another disciple?"

"Where did that kid come from?"

"He's so young and he already surpassed me!"

"That's someone the core disciples can only take care of."

Soon, a girl carrying a long sword also stood on the mini stage.

"Shanaia, 18, high-level six. I wish to receive some pointers from fellow disciple Jinyang."

The girl named Shanaia respectfully bowed at Jinyang in which Jinyang returned. Based on the talk of others, Shanaia is the second ranked inner disciple of Green Earthen Academy. She's proficient with the long sword and is known to be a very respectful martial artist. She has been walking down the martial path ever since she was young and has been continuously training and improving her skills. Even though she is considered as one of the top youngsters of the kingdom, she's not arrogant at all and only wants to improve her skills.

Jinyang took out a huge saber from his spatial ring. He swung it twice before finally placing it beside him. The saber is definitely a high-quality weapon and it was as tall as him. Also, when he took it out, a huge wave of wind covered the mini stage. It can be said that the mini stage is under a protective array that encloses everyone on it so that any damage incurred will not affect those outside the barrier. However, the wind the saber brought can even be felt by those outside the barrier.

Analea wanted to watch the fight closely. This is a chance for her to witness a fight between martial artists. These are the top youngsters of the kingdom. Who would want to miss it? But, Gandel told her not to come any closer. He told her to stay in that corner even if he and Ruther were called to the stage. She can only nod. Anyway, she can still watch the fight from afar and still be able to sense everything; even the girl who's looking at her so fiercely. She's Ruther's supposed to be fiancé.

After respectfully bowing at each other, Jinyang immediately picked up his sword and slashed it at Shanaia. It didn't look that heavy since he was able to do everything smoothly. Shanaia unsheathed her sword and tried to counter Jinyang's attack. However, Jinyang's was much faster and fiercer. This caused Shanaia's counterattack to only be swallowed up while Jinyang's also kept on going towards Shanaia. Shanaia immediately blocked with both of her hands holding her sword. Her sleeves were ruined and her hair slightly messed up. Without any skills and only proficiency with their swords, Shanaia lost. Everything happened so fast! Analea thought, 'so this is a fight between martial artists'.

Shanaia thanked Jinyang before going down the stage.

After Shanaia, a core disciple went on stage. He was also older than Jinyang and his weapons are gauntlets.

"Maeryo, 18, low-level seven."

Maeryo is the disciple of the third elder, Dante. Core disciples don't really have a specific ranking; it's constantly changing.

Just when Jinyang was about to slash with his saber, Maeryo immediately launched an attack and closed the range between them. He punched towards Jinyang but the latter was able to block with his huge saber. Jinyang immediately shifted and dragged his saber to go behind Maeryo. He slashed and Maeryo was able to block his saber again with the gauntlets. Then, Maeryo rushed forwards but stopped the moment his fist was right in front of Jinyang. Maeryo had this smug look on his face and then, he bowed before going down the stage.

It seems like the older core disciples were teaching the new ones.

The battles went on with different students going up and down the mini stage. The core disciples went against each other. One of the core disciples even asked the royal prince for some pointers. The latter won as expected. Everyone knows that the royal prince is a direct disciple of an elder in the Soaring Dragon and Phoenix School; another huge contender for the five-year summit.

When Analea heard that the latter was a prince of Fayn kingdom, she didn't feel anything at all. She knew that this is a family member of the person who ruined their entire household. However, seeing that person, she knew that she can beat him. She thought that it's probably the reason why she's not agitated at all.

The Holy Cross Academy representatives also went on stage. But, like the royal prince Harvey, they easily won. This is really the difference between the first rated school and the second-rated ones.

As the battles heat up, Subiro suddenly announced that he wanted to exchange pointers with Gandel. Subiro is an archer and people would think that it would be a disadvantage on a mini stage but, he definitely can pull off a fight. He was very agile and kept on moving around while shooting arrows. But, Gandel is proficient with his sword and he just kept on blocking every arrows shot at him. He kept standing and never moved from his spot. After the tenth arrow of Subiro, Gandel suddenly slashed in thin air and the air attack from that slash followed Subiro. Eventually, the sleeve on Subiro's right arm was cut and Gandel sheathed his sword before respectfully bowing and going down the stage. Subiro was still no match for Gandel and the top ten inner disciples are still holding onto their rankings.

The truth is that, not everyone was arrogant and most of them knew that it's much better to not show much of their improvement. Only a few were arrogant and wanted to cause trouble like Subiro. Just when everyone thought that the petty battles were over, a core disciple suddenly went up on stage and challenged Cleve.

"Yonjiro, 19, mid-level eight. I want to see if Master Cleve can give me some pointers."

Cleve smiled and he did recognize the courage of Yonjiro.

Yonjiro is a disciple under the headmaster and is believed to be the strongest among the disciples of the academy. He's proficient in fist and sword arts which is rare. Practicing multiple arts at the same time and being proficient in them makes one a gifted person. Moreover, at the five-year summit which will be the ground for the continent's geniuses, he is believed to be able to contend with a lot of the new generation.

He was never interested in Royal Prince Harvey or the Holy Cross Academy. They were not rank among the top five of the new generation. It was also because Cleve has a mysterious technique that he wanted to experience it himself. If he can last longer than other people, it would be a great achievement for him.

No one knows what rank Cleve has already reached. The Hidden Temple is just so mysterious and also kept their moves in secret.

Cleve was initially sitting near the headmaster but suddenly he appeared right in front of Yonjiro. Although most of them were shocked by this feat, Analea belonged to those who aren't. She was able to see through Cleve and was able to predict his movement. Her eyes' abilities have improved after all these months. She can also see that Cleve has a weird inner energy within him and that he's higher than a level nine martial elder. Only because she wasn't taught about the martial arts path and also, she hasn't read anything regarding levels beyond the nine, she didn't know how to classify Cleve's level.

Cleve didn't even bow in front of Yonjiro. He was clearly not showing any respect and doesn't really put him in his eyes. Then, right after Yonjiro respectfully bowed to signify the start of the battle, he suddenly fainted. It was even less than a second! No one knew what happened but all they know is that Yonjiro got defeated!

It's, of course, different from Analea's perspective. She clearly felt Cleve's inner energy attacked Yonjiro. It was so thin like a thread and it went straight into his opponent's brain and heart. Analea was able to analyze everything with the help of her eyes. She just found out that inner energy can also be used like that. One can used inner energy to insert in his opponent and disrupt everything from there. This made her want to learn more about utilization of inner energies in different fields.

Cleve disappeared from the stage and suddenly appeared in his seat. The teachers and other students immediately run towards Yonjiro and assisted him out of the hall. The headmaster, his teacher, gripped his fists so hard that it bled. But, he still kept smiling and thanked Cleve in behalf of Yonjiro.

It looked like the banquet will end here but, it didn't. Ruther's supposed to be fiancé suddenly came up the stage. She was an inner disciple but she's not in the top 20. She was accompanying her father who was a minister and invited guest.

"I want to exchange pointers with Ruther!"

She pointed her sword towards Ruther who was currently with Gandel and Analea. Her voice was clearly heard by everyone and they all look at either her or Ruther.

Her name is Miracle. She was the 43rd inner disciple in the top 100 ranking of the school. Her sword is a little different. It was a family heirloom and it's a sword with curvy sides.

The teachers tried to ask her to come down but she wouldn't budge. Even her father was pleading that she mustn't humiliate herself but she just wouldn't listen. This scene attracted everyone's attention. No one actually knew that she was supposed to be Ruther's fiancé because nothing was really official. It has only been discussed by their fathers recently. This is the reason why her father was asking her to just calm down and leave. She hasn't been humiliated but after this, she will definitely be!

"Are you deaf, Ruther?! Or are you afraid that a girl could take you down?!"

Ruther slowly walked towards the stage but he didn't go up.

"I don't fight without any good reason at all. Please calm down and leave the stage."

"Good reason, huh? You want a reason? I want to beat you! I want you to suffer because of what you did to me!"

"You're mistaken, Miss Miracle. I didn't do anything to you. If you want, we can talk about this but please calm down and get off the stage. Fighting won't solve anything."

At this moment, Ruther seemed to be a calm and mature guy. He's really different from his usual self but that's only because he doesn't want to further humiliate this girl in front of him.

Miracle started tearing up. Then suddenly, tears really slowly fell from her eyes.

"I was supposed to be your fiancé! Why did you have to go and get another girl from who knows where and present her to everybody?! Why?! Tell me!"

It seems like Miracle really wanted to get along with Ruther. She's probably one of Ruther's fans. Ruther really has the looks, came from a good family, and strong. All girls would really want to be with him just with those descriptions.

Gossips now started and everyone's eyes looked at Analea; a girl with a veil standing near Gandel. Of course, she already mesmerized other people when she showed up. Now, everyone knew that she's Ruther's lover. The other men were saying how lucky Ruther is to be with someone like her while others cursed at his luck. Gandel didn't like what was happening. He wanted to take Analea away from the scene because he felt something bad was going to happen. Analea, on the other hand, felt uncomfortable because someone familiar was looking at her and examining her. It was Cleve.

"This person... Hmm..."

Cleve felt something odd from Analea. Even though he sensed that she's just an ordinary girl without an ounce of inner energy, he still felt something different. He couldn't put his finger on what it was.

Meanwhile, another person was looking at Analea from one of the tables with food. He was a child that she met before. Currently, someone was whispering to him and telling him what was happening.

Gandel's father who was also a guest furrowed his brows. He never thought that aside from Ruther, there will be a person who was allowed to stand beside his son. He knew that his son was never really friendly and approachable. He knew that his son was actually aloof and wouldn't let anyone get close to him. Why is an unknown girl suddenly there and was even talking to him?

Ruther only said something cheesy to just end the show.

"You can't force something to a person. I wanted to let everyone know that there's a girl out there whom I allowed to stand by my side."

Ruther was puking inside. He never thought that he would say those words. He knows that Gandel would smack his head again but he doesn't know what to do anymore. Anything related to girls are really troublesome for him.

"Stand by your side? Can she even support you if she doesn't know how to fight? You! Let's talk in this stage and prove to me that you're really deserving of Ruther!"

This is totally absurd! That's what Ruther thought. How can he let Analea fight and also, how can he let Analea humiliate herself? Gandel would really kill him.

Gandel's eyes twitched. He narrowed them and scrutinized this girl who was actually asking to fight with his servant. She's not even deserving of Analea's attention.

Derick was sweating coldly. He knows that his grandson will get mad at him. Even though most of the time he's got the upper hand, this time is just his fault and even his family will get angry at him. He also knows that Analea can't fight so he interrupted.

"Young lady! Stop that already! How can you ask someone who can't harm you to actually fight with you? My grandson's matters, you don't have any right to interfere."

Miracle's father was surprised at Derick's reaction. Of course, as her father, he would also get mad.

"Derick! You don't have any right to lecture my daughter in front of me! I know what to do!"

"You do? You really do. You can't even control her."

Now, even the older generation started fighting, too! Ruther was about to hit Miracle and make her faint when suddenly, the headmaster said something. Everyone stopped and looked at him.

"Young miss, won't you comeover here? At least have the courage to face someone humiliating your...lover."

No one knew what the headmaster was thinking by suggesting that. Is the headmaster building bridge between Ruther and Miracle? The headmaster is known to be someone who doesn't like to get involved in political affairs and that's why it's baffling.

The truth is that the headmaster felt something different from Analea. He wanted to assure himself whether she is really an ordinary girl or not. It was just like Cleve's intuition and gut feeling. Also, it was not only them but all the powerhouses on that banquet. The most interested one is Master Popehty. Something about him tells him that Analea will surprise him. Well, being alive for so many years, he learnt not to easily underestimate or judge a person.

"What are you saying, headmaster?"

Ruther was the first to react. Gandel was about to say something too but, Analea whispered,

"It will not simply end so let me do something, third young master."

Analea walked towards the stage. Before she went up the stage, she went near Ruther and held his arm. She was assuring him that everything will be alright.

"I will..."

Ruther was supposed to say that he will protect Analea but the latter only nodded at him. This simple gesture only worsen Miracle's emotions and judgment.

"So you do have some guts. I commend you for that."

Analea only bowed at Miracle. Afterwards, Miracle threw a sword at her.

"Use that."

"Young miss, I can't use that sword."

Miracle only smirked. The two girls stared at each other. Everyone was finally able to look at Analea properly but they still couldn't see her face because of the veil.

"Remove you veil."

Miracle was ordering Analea. But of course, Analea will not comply.

"I don't obey orders from other people, young miss."

Miracle got agitated and started to attack. She actually rushed forward and was about to slash Analea. Ruther and Gandel were nervous that they almost rushed to the stage. Suddenly, Analea only docked and Miracle slashed at nothing. Miracle was about to kick her when Ruther already went up the stage and blocked her kick. Gandel, on the other hand, was already near the stage.

"Isn't this fine already? You have already proven how she can't fight with you. Stop or I'll personally handle you."

Ruther was firm with his decision and helped Analea stand up. Only that, from afar, Cleve felt that something was wrong with Analea's move.

"Yeah! And I've proven that she doesn't deserve you!"

"Who are you to judge her?"

Ruther helped Analea get down from the stage. Gandel looked at Analea. Meanwhile, she came back to being indifferent.

"Everyone knows that sluts don't deserve anyone! You, Ruther, think that you're so good and all? You're nothing but a stupid and obnoxious pig! Someone who isn't even an heir to his family! Without your family, you're nothing! Just like your friend there, Gandel! All of you are only pawns ready to be thrown away! One day, I'll make you regret this!"

Miracle has the right to say this because she was the only child of the minister. She will soon inherit her father's position if she kept on excelling. Everyone now started gossiping more. Ruther's grandfather and Gandel's father were here. But because this is the younger generation's problem, they didn't want to openly interfere.

However, what Miracle just said was also heard by Analea. The latter stopped from walking away and turned around.

"Take back what you just said."

Miracle snickered.

"A b*tch wants to order me around?"

Miracle suddenly went down the stage and started another round of attack. She leaped forward and towards Analea with her sword in hand; thinking she would be able to harm Analea with her martial skill. Yes, martial skill! Miracle used her Floating Snake technique! Everyone was taken aback by the audacious young lady but no one wanted to interfere because, it's still something that can be gossiped about. Ruther and Gandel were about to shield her when she immediately disappeared in between them and suddenly appeared in front of Miracle. She was holding an opened paper fan and Miracle's sword tore a part of the fan's paper. Also, the sword was locked in between the fan's thin woods and when Analea closed the fan, it helped her maneuver the fan and eventually steal the sword from Miracle. Analea was able to get Miracle's sword and hit the girl's neck using the sword's hilt. This caused Miracle to faint. Of course, a martial artist wouldn't faint with just a normal hit on the neck's weak point but Analea is not normal. She used this short contact to inject inner energy to Miracle and disrupt the latter's inner energy flow which caused her to faint. The most surprising thing about this is that, it all happened in such a short time that Analea seemed to have used a technique, too! Also, what others didn't know is that Analea only learnt that inner energy can be injected in someone else's body and tried it for the first time in this encounter! What kind of insight and understanding is that? The powerhouses in this banquet will surely get the shock of their lives and may even fight to win her.

Analea dropped the sword and hide the fan in her sleeve. She also respectfully bowed at Miracle who was lying on the floor before turning around and walking away. Ruther and Gandel were both surprised at what just happened. Actually, everyone was surprised because everything happened so fast. No one thought that Analea could actually fight back. Of course, the most surprised one is Ruther because he knows that Analea was Gandel's servant. Gandel, on the other hand, easily recovered from his shock and simply smiled. He then followed Analea; and Ruther seeing this, also followed them. Ruther didn't forget to pat Analea's head but Gandel stared at him that he kept his hands away.

Cleve stood up from his seat. He finally knew why he felt something was off with Analea. It was really unnoticeable unless you're proficient in controlling inner energy. The two middle aged men looked at their master, confused as to why he would suddenly stand up.

"She isn't a student here..."

Those were the words that Cleve blurted out. Then, he smiled. It looks like he was thinking of something.

Of course, it was not only him who noticed that something was different with what Analea did. Even the headmaster felt that there was something in Analea's attack. He sensed inner energy but he was of course not sure.

Master Popehty, on the other hand, laughed. He brushed his long beard and said,

"The new generation seems to be interesting. I shall be happy to live a few more years because of this."

Of course, the other people in that banquet heard this. They all looked at the walking figure of Analea.

The banquet ended awkwardly. The minister's daughter totally humiliated herself and the minister was lectured by the king. Also, his daughter was banned from entering the royal grounds which means that Miracle won't be able to inherit her father's position anymore.

Derick didn't know what to feel. He was angry at the minister and his daughter but right now, he was feeling... pleased. His grandson not only met a beautiful woman but also a woman who can fight back! Who wouldn't be happy with that?

Gandel bid farewell to Ruther and Analea but before leaving, he told Analea that they need to talk later. Analea knew what it was about and only nodded. Ruther brought Analea to an inn before he proceeded to go home. Analea burned the clothes and accessories she wore that night on a trash bin. She doesn't care if they're expensive. She knew that it would only cause problem if somebody found out about those things. Although, a part of her wanted to really sell those items.

---

When Ruther got home, his grandfather was already waiting for him. Derick told the servants to inform Ruther to go to the main hall. Ruther was really mad at his grandfather but he still did what he was told and went to see him. When he entered the main hall, he did not only see his grandfather but also his mother.

"Where did you meet that girl again?"

It was his mother, Yvonne, who asked him. She did not come to the banquet because her husband wasn't there anyway. But, she heard from Derick about Ruther's lover.

"We met on a small hunting village in Azure Ground kingdom. She helped me recuperate when I got injured."

Yvonne nodded while smiling.

"Where is she staying at?"

Derick asked and even though Ruther didn't want to answer, seeing Yvonne, made him reply.

"She's staying at Honey and Butter Inn. Tomorrow morning she will go back to their village."

"You! Why did you let her stay at an inn alone? You can actually bring her here instead. Hmph! What will people think about us? That we don't treat your fiancé well?"

"But—"

"Ruther, son, listen to your grandpa. You may tell her that she can stay here anytime she wants. Also, can you even let your mother meet her?"

Ruther loves his mother and he can't easily reject anything his mother requests. However, he thought that he and Gandel had a deal. Also, they can't let anyone just meet with Analea.

"Mother... About that... I have to disappoint you. She needs to go back already. You know how far her village is and also, her parents didn't know about this. That's why she needs to go back as soon as possible."

Hearing this, Derick smelled something fishy.

"Are you hiding something from us?"

"I'm not!"

"I know you, ungrateful grandson. She isn't your lover, right?!"

Ruther froze but he still kept going along the plan.

"How could---Argh! After what happened at the banquet? You almost endangered her life!"

"Just answer whether she is your lover or not!"

Seeing the tension between the grandfather and grandson duo, Yvonne interrupted. She asked them to calm down.

"Father, please calm down. You know that you also did something wrong, right? Ruther, son, just tell us the truth. It wouldn't hurt anyone."

Yvonne is rather calm and she was really the only person in this household who could ease the tension between fights. Ruther didn't want to lie anymore. Also, he already got rid of the minister's daughter. He also has to make sure that Analea goes back to Gandel tomorrow or he'll die.

"The truth is... I only asked her to pretend to be my lover. You can't blame me! I haven't thought about marrying anyone and here comes grandfather arranging for proposals and marriage without even consulting me!"

Both Derick and Yvonne were taken aback by Ruther's statement. Derick looked guilty and Yvonne looked at Ruther with such loving eyes.

"It's fine as long as you tell the truth. No one will also force you to marry anyone, okay?"

Yvonne looked at Derick and the latter coughed twice.

"Anyway, who is she really?"

Ruther can't possibly tell them that she's Gandel's blind servant, right? So, he still kept her background just like in their plan.

"She's Alicia from Azure Ground kingdom. Everything was true except for her being my lover."

No one said anything at that moment. But, when Ruther was planning to go and sleep, Derick opened his mouth.

"Bring her here tomorrow."

"But she has to leave!"

"You will bring her or I will go to her right now? Choose."

Ruther can't answer back and he only nodded before going back to his room.

"Father, why do you want to meet her?"

"I wanted to see whether she suit my grandson or not. When I looked at them, I think they're both suited for each other. Also, you will like her since she's a pretty nice girl. She was able to hold her ground or fight back when necessary."

"Oh? You like that girl?"

"I hope Ruther likes her."

Yvonne only smiled and also bid Derick good night.

---

After the banquet, the headmaster didn't leave immediately. And he called for two elders to have a talk with.

"That girl with Ruther is not simple."

The elders looked at each other and asked the headmaster why he thinks like that. Even though they heard Master Popehty's words, it wasn't really something that needed that much attention.

"I don't sense any inner energy in her body yet, that one attack she made... I suddenly sensed Miracle's inner energy became chaotic."

"Are you saying that girl has some kind of secret?"

"It's just a speculation. But, I want to meet her again to know whether I'm right or wrong."

"Don't tell us that you want her to..."

The headmaster smiled at the two elders.

"If she really isn't simple, perhaps we may gain another genius for next year's summit."

---

"Have you found her whereabouts?"

One of Cleve's attendants kneeled in front of him.

"She's staying at Honey and Butter Inn. I was almost sensed by those guarding her. Fortunately, I could easily get away"

Cleve was currently sitting on a chair with the night sky in his view. He's currently staying at one of the academy's special rooms for guests. Other guests at the banquet were also given rooms to stay at.

"Keep on following her. Tell me where she goes tomorrow. I think that if we can't catch her tomorrow, it'll be a little bit hard after."

"Master, are you sure that girl is exceptional? What if she's currently a student at some other school?"

Cleve slowly drank his tea.

"She's not. I've met her before."

The two middle aged men confusingly looked at each other. They really can't tell what their master is thinking.

---

The next morning, Analea wore a simple green dress designed with little pink flowers at the bottom. Her hair was tied on a bun by a big hair clip of pink flowers and her veil was light pink.

Ruther fetched her and of course, still amazed at how she can perfectly pull of such stunning dresses without being overshadowed by it. He also asked about the items last night and Analea said she burned them. Ruther's smile twitched but he let it slide since he also knew that she's only being careful.

They arrived at the restaurant and are waiting for Gandel. However, Analea sensed Cleve nearby and she wasn't wrong. Cleve knocked on the door of their private room. Ruther was about to open the door when Analea stopped him.

"What's wrong?"

"It's not third young master."

"Huh?"

"His knock and footsteps are different."

Ruther was puzzled but he believed Analea. When he asked who the person was, it answered differently from what he expected.

"I would like to join the two people inside, if I may?"

It was really Cleve! But, they can't openly refuse him. Ruther can only allow him to join them.

Ruther was sitting beside Analea while Cleve was sitting across Analea. The two middle aged men were standing outside the door.

"Oh? Why haven't you ordered any food yet?"

Ruther smiled awkwardly and said that they are still waiting for someone.

"If I may, I would like to treat you guys."

Analea kept silent. She let Ruther handle the situation.

"No need, Master Cleve. We can treat you instead."

Ruther called for a service and ordered food.

"I should thank you, young master Ruther."

Cleve was smiling but it was such a fake one. He also kept on glancing at Analea.

"May I know the name of this young miss?"

Ruther gulped down his saliva. They can't afford to offend this person. But if he suddenly took a fancy on Analea, it's totally bad. Ruther immediately held Analea's hand. He needed to pretend so that Cleve won't think of anything else.

"This young miss is Alicia, my fiancé, Master Cleve."

"Oh?"

"Where did she come from?"

"Azure Ground kingdom."

Cleve swirled the wine in the glass he was holding. He drank it and continuously smiled.

"You know, young master Ruther, you don't need to lie to me. My ears can hear anything that I want to. I know that she isn't your fiancé. You only contacted her recently. Am I right?"

Cleve didn't stop at that. Ruther and Analea could only stay quiet.

"If I'm correct, the person you're waiting for is Gandel. He helped you with this young miss. Probably, he's the one who really knows about this young miss."

At that moment, Gandel knocked on the door and entered. His brows were furrowed. He was surprised to see Cleve's attendants in front of the private room that they were suppose to use. When he entered, he immediately noticed Ruther's hand on Analea's and also the back of Cleve.

"Look, who's here. Isn't that young master Gandel?"

Cleve didn't even face Gandel but continuously smiled at Analea and Ruther. Gandel went closer and took a seat beside Analea. He already realized that this Cleve already knows something. Gandel looked at Ruther and signaled that everything's alright. Ruther then removed his hand on Analea's.

"May I know what Master Cleve wants?"

Gandel was the one who broke the silence.

"I want to know who this girl is."

Cleve stared at Analea. Gandel didn't feel good because he knew that this guy in front of them is strong.

"Don't look at me like I'm going to do something bad. I only wanted to recruit this girl."

Gandel and Ruther were surprised while Analea froze. Gandel must not know that she's a true martial artist or that her potential is that high. But, even if she can take down this person in front of them, what will happen to Gandel and Ruther after? They may not escape the clutches of this person's influence.

"What do you mean? Analea can be proficient in sword but she's not someone you'll randomly scout to become a student at your school."

Gandel protected Analea. He doesn't want Analea to get into any kind of trouble. Also, she is still his servant.

"My eyes can't be wrong. I felt her inner energy last night. Isn't that right, young miss? Your control over inner energy is exceptional. Why don't you come with me and our school will treat you better."

Gandel looked at Analea. The girl is only looking straight ahead. In her heart, she was very nervous. She knew that Gandel will be mad at her. She doesn't know what to say and just kept silent.

"I think you're mistaken. I know her better than you do. If you may, Master Cleve, we already need to leave. Thank you for gracing us with you presence."

Gandel immediately stood up and grabbed Analea's hand. They walked away from the room. Ruther followed them. But before they all could even go out of the room, Cleve once again provoked Gandel and put Analea in a much terrible position.

"I've met you before, young miss. You were not only proficient in sword but also in bow. I haven't thanked you for the injuries back then."

Gandel could only tighten his grip on Analea's hand and continued exiting the room.

When the three arrived in front of the carriages, Gandel said that he need not follow them. They will go back to Gandel's courtyard right away. Ruther wanted to say that Derick invited Analea to their house but looking at how things are, he couldn't say it. He only stared at the carriage going away.

---

Gandel and Analea didn't talk throughout their journey going back to school. Analea took off her clothes in the carriage, revealing her usual servant clothes inside. This is to prevent people from suspecting about anything.

When they got back, Gandel told Analea to stay in her room unless she's called. Analea knew that Gandel was really angry. She followed his orders and quietly stayed in her room.

By night time, Gandel was eating dinner and Analea was still staying at her room. This made him feel sour and he wasn't able to finish his meal. Immediately, he called for Analea to come into his room and bring tea.

When Analea placed the tea set on the table, she immediately kowtowed while asking for forgiveness.

"Third young master, please forgive me. I did not have any choice. I didn't want anything bad to happen to third young master that is why I hid some things from you. I apologize for betraying third young master's trust!"

Gandel only looked at his tea. He didn't know what to feel.

"You did not have a choice? You did not want anything bad to happen to me? Will I even be able to believe those words?"

Analea continued kowtowing and didn't speak.

"Why?"

Gandel looked at the tea cup in his hands; his hands tightly gripping it. He was someone who doesn't easily trust others yet, he easily trusted this blind young girl. Why? And now, when he finally trusted her, she continuously betrayed her trust. First, her proficiency in sword then, her control of inner energy that Gandel wasn't even able to sense last night! Now, after talking to Cleve, he learnt that Analea met him before and is proficient in bow? What other things does he not know about this young girl? Is there something else she keeps on hiding from him? Why? Is she really someone he can trust and allow to stay beside him?

"Third young master, I..."

Gandel looked at her with dull eyes. He was confused, agitated, and sad; a mix of emotions that doesn't even show on his face right now.

"Do you want to be free? Tell me."

Analea didn't know how to respond. She didn't mean to betray her master's trust. She didn't really mean it. She only wanted to ask for forgiveness. She didn't want him to hate her. She didn't want him to throw her away.

"Third young master, please forgive me. I didn't mean to lie to you."

"Because you think I'll return you to the slave dealer?"

"...No, third young master. I didn't want you to hate me and throw me away."

"Like what your previous masters did?"

"No. You're not like them at all, third young master."

Analea started to feel the coldness in Gandel's voice.

"Third young master... I really---"

"Stop. If you can't honestly tell me about anything, it's fine. I will let you go."

Gandel took out a scroll from one of his sleeves. It was the slave contract for Analea. A slave contract is made up of magic arrays. To break the master-slave contract, the master only needs to input inner energy in the contract and he'll know how to break the array. The slave will then be released and become free; erasing even the seal on his body.

"No... Third young master..."

Analea still didn't look up but she knew that Gandel already took out her contract.

"I can free you from this master-slave contract. You don't have to worry about anything. Just, please, go away. I can't be with people I can't trust."

Gandel started releasing Analea from the contract. Of course, she can feel it. Before she was fully released, she snatched the contract from Gandel.

After which, she once again kowtowed in front of him.

"You know that I can get another copy from the slave dealer."

"Yes, third young master. I'm sorry to have defied you. I'm sorry to have lied to you. But please, don't break this contract. If you still wish to, you can get the copy from the slave dealer and do whatever you want. But please, third young master, please listen to me."

Gandel didn't speak. He only looked at Analea with saddened eyes. He, himself, doesn't know what he really wanted to do. This girl in front of him is someone he knew that he treated differently. Why is he so affected by her?

"Third young master, I have a past that I can't openly tell to anyone. Even though I wanted to tell you, I can't. This is in order to protect you and also, myself. I know I'm greedy and selfish and unworthy of your and mistress' kindness. But please, believe me even if it's only this one time."

Analea never dared to look up.

"I am General Centosa Dagabond's sole daughter, Alea Dagabond. My father is a general of the Fayn kingdom. He's a famous general who achieved a lot of military merit for the kingdom and also, looked up by everyone. My grandfather is the military affairs minister and my two elder brothers are also upcoming generals of the kingdom. I... I was born as the third child and the only young miss of the family. However..."

Analea stood up, took off her blindfold and her eye piece. Gandel saw a pair of beautiful, mesmerizing black eyes. It was even more beautiful than her light grey eyes. Those black eyes looked like the night sky filled with countless of stars. It was sparkling; it was captivating.

"My eyes are black. Legends told of a story about black magicians having pure black eyes. If anyone knew of my eyes, they would execute me on the spot. My father, trying to protect me, helped me conceal my eyes and spread news that I was blind. Our family is very strict but upright, loving, and caring. Everyone pitied me and I was never allowed to go out that much but, I didn't care because I had a family. Because my elder brothers both died mysteriously, my mother fell ill and soon, followed them. My father was supposed to retire, thinking of only taking care of me. He, however, received clues about my brothers' death. He went on his supposedly last mission which really became his last. He returned bearing news about something terrible but instead of having the king listen to him; he was branded as a traitor. Each and every one of our family was ordered to be imprisoned or executed on the spot. My father was killed in the royal palace and my grandfather was publicly executed. My brothers' honors were even renounced. Everyone in our household were killed, even the servants and guards. Everything that my family worked so hard turned into ashes in one night. I escaped with the help of our head butler. Unfortunately, the head butler died and left me alone. Then, the village got burnt and I was enslaved."

Tears started forming in her eyes which made it twinkle in the dim lit room.

"I can perfectly see, third young master. But, I must conceal them. I am alive. But, I must conceal my identity. I had to learn how to adapt, defend myself, and survive. This is my ugly past. This is why I can't openly tell them to anyone."

Then, the tears fell from her eyes and it slowly fell; like snowflakes on a winter day.

"I don't have anyone with me anymore. But, when you bought me and treated me differently, I was glad. I told you I was partially contented before. That's not because I am not happy but because I wanted to become a better person; to be able to repay you and the mistress. I don't want to be free, third young master. I only want a place to call home and I found that place with you."

Analea was already crying so hard that she was even having hiccups. She knelt on the floor and said,

"If third young master wants me to go away, I will follow his orders. But please, don't ever release me from this contract. It's the only thing that connects me to you and the mistress. Please. I beg you, third young master."

This is the first time that Gandel has seen her cry. And, she's crying really hard that it breaks his heart. The once fragile blind young girl is actually a headstrong one with a soft heart. How could he let her cry like this?

He immediately stood up and went closer to her. He half-knelt on the ground and lifted her head. The tears won't stop falling. He wanted to wipe them but he knows that it's no use. He only embraced her; so tight like he's afraid she would go.

"Don't cry."

Gandel thought that this girl in his arms had been through a lot of pain and suffering. And, he's most of the times complaining about some petty reasons compared to what this girl had been through. At such a young age, she has already witnessed the cruelty of this world. This is probably the reason why she doesn't act like her age and she can't normally express her emotions. She's living and yet, she's dead.

"I was ignorant. I didn't know anything. But, don't worry. I promise. I will not leave you. You can stay by my side for as long as you want."

Her eyes got bigger. She was processing whether what she heard was true or just her imagination.

When she calmed down, Gandel helped her take a seat. They were once again sitting across each other; like their usual nights of chatting.

"About that Cleve..."

Analea talked about how she sometimes goes out to hunt and look around the city. She also talked about how she met Cleve when she was returning to the school.

"...He knows about me being your servant, third young master. I sensed one of his attendants following us right after the banquet and when we got into the courtyard."

"Speaking about that banquet, why did you have to attack that girl? You could have gotten away and Cleve wouldn't have noticed you."

"I didn't want her badmouthing third young master. I lost control and attacked her. But, I did try to get unnoticed. Maybe, Cleve is really much more powerful than me."

Gandel wanted to pat the head of this girl in front of him for a good job done but he realized that she was able to examine Cleve's level. He now knows that she has even surpassed him in levels.

"You know his level?"

"I only know that he surpassed the nine levels of martial arts path. I don't know how to classify them after the nine levels."

"Surpassed the nine levels?"

Gandel placed one of his hands on his chin. He was seriously thinking.

"Don't worry about him for now. He also can't openly steal or harm you. Stay here in the courtyard and as of now, when I say stay, you have to stay. Understood?"

She nodded. This time, she really looked like a young girl; not the aloof and expressionless one he knew. This made him smile.

But, he still kept on wondering. Analea's father was a widely recognized great general who died in a battle. So, he was actually alive but branded as a traitor? What really happened to Fayn kingdom?

---

The next day, Ruther came and talked to him. The former told him of how Derick wanted to meet Analea once again. The headmaster was also asking about Analea. He could only tell everyone that she already left and he doesn't want to be interrupted with his training for the upcoming rankings. Meanwhile, Gandel felt like asking why Analea seems to be attracting attention and trouble. Of course, it was only his joke and he won't say that to her unless he wants her to cry again.

For the following days, Gandel ordered Analea to quietly stay in his courtyard and don't talk to anyone. The latter said yes and continued her act of being a blind girl. Gandel needed to train once again so he needed to leave Analea alone. He kept on repeating how she's supposed to just quietly and silently stay in his courtyard.

When Gandel went to train again, a letter suddenly arrived for Analea. It was from Cleve. The message was to meet him in five days or something bad will happen to Gandel. She could only wait for Gandel before making a decision. Three days after, Gandel went back to the courtyard and was looking through some documents and letters. Analea found out that two of his business turfs got closed down. Gandel said that it's not that bad and he can just start anew but Analea was worried. She told him about Cleve's letter. Gandel said that there's nothing to worry about and she just needs to stay low-key. Cleve won't be able to do something inside the school. He also assured her that everything will be fine. The next day, a business turf of Gandel was allegedly involved in illegal operations. He still assured her that nothing's wrong and everything will be fine. But, Analea knew that it's not. Gandel didn't have much turf anyway and the more he loses them, the more he can't secure his position in the family. The mistress will also be involved sooner or later.

On the day of the meet-up, Analea didn't go. Instead, she went to see Cleve three days after the meeting date. Gandel went back to training and that's why she was able to go out. She found Cleve several miles outside the city, supposedly going back to his school.

"What do you want with me?"

Analea still wore a veil and her eye piece. She wore adventurer's clothes and with the money she saved up, bought a sword, bow, and some arrows.

"I only want to recruit you."

Currently, the two are in the middle of a main road standing across each other. Cleve's attendants were standing near the carriage.

"Recruiting is harming one's important people? I won't ever go to your school if that's the case!"

Cleve laughed and held his hands up like he's surrendering.

"Hey, don't randomly accuse someone. I haven't done anything to your master."

"I don't believe you!"

Cleve was still smiling despite Analea being so mad at him.

"I won't be able to do something to your school right now but I may be able to kill you today."

Analea held her bow tightly, ready to grab an arrow and shoot at Cleve.

"I will not do anything to Gandel if you can defeat me. But, if I defeat you, you'll have to come with me and become a student at our school. Of course, I will also not do anything to Gandel. Is that clear?"

"Swear an oath."

Cleve couldn't help but be amused with this Analea. After both of them sworn an oath, the battle proceeded.

Cleve used his mental attack to Analea. It was an attack that lets you see an illusion which looks and feels so real! Analea found the surroundings engulfed by darkness. Suddenly, numerous swords came rushing towards her. She was pierced by those swords. It was repeated multiple times that Analea bled to death. However, just when Cleve was about to check up on her, the Analea covered in red blood opened her eyes. Her eyes shot white lights that pulled Cleve into some place. The next thing that happened was that it was now Cleve who experienced the multiple swords rushing towards him. The illusion was overturned! No matter how Cleve tries to undo it, he couldn't escape. When Analea went closer to him, she whispered something and they were brought back to the real world. Cleve was kneeling on the ground and blood flows from the corner of his mouth.

The two attendants saw that Cleve was kneeling while Analea stood on her position. They realized what happened and rushed forwards to attack Analea. Cleve stopped them but it's too late. Analea was able to sense them just when they decided to attack and she was able to flew backwards and shot multiple arrows at them; one arrow for each of the attendants and one arrow in front of Cleve. The arrows contain the power of lighting and it was able to blast the three away. She also shot an arrow towards the weak Cleve! Fortunately, she didn't directly shot at him. Analea was able to escape and when one of Cleve's attendants got up and wanted to follow Analea, he was stopped by Cleve.

"Master Cleve! Can you stand? Is there anything wrong with you?"

"Are you badly injured? What happened? We need to follow her!"

The two attendants, even though injured, took care of Cleve first. But, Cleve wasn't badly hurt. Analea controlled everything. She only wanted Cleve to taste a little bit of her skills and abilities.

"We will not pursue this matter anymore. Don't tell my father about anything at all. That girl is dangerous."

In the world of illusion, Analea told him that she could easily kill him but she won't. She only hoped that Cleve will stop bothering Gandel because she will soon leave the latter. He also shouldn't look for her because she will kill him the next time they meet and perhaps, launch a massacre at their school. After this, a bloody scene was shown to Cleve. This was of their school undergoing a calamity. The calamity is this young girl in front of him.

Cleve was beaten by a young girl in his own game.

Meanwhile, Analea was rushing to another city. She can't live in Greenwood kingdom anymore. She looked back at Emerald Forest city and thought of Gandel. Then, she bit her lips and proceeded with her journey. She was still weak. She can only do this much. Although she can kill Cleve, it would only worsen the situation if she did. Unless she's strong enough to protect Gandel and annihilate everyone she comes across to, she wouldn't return to his side. She wanted to return to him when she could properly face him.

This was her goal and mission. This is the start of her journey and adventure.

---

One week before the competition, Gandel returned to the courtyard. He immediately looked for Analea but he wasn't able to find her. He checked her room but saw that it was clean and void of her things. He felt something; like she suddenly left him. When he went to his room, he saw a nicely folded paper.

Third young master,

I sincerely apologize for continuously defying you. I know that you didn't want me to carry any burden and just leave everything to you. That's how kind and dependable you are. But, I can't have you fixing the troubles that I've made. I will practice and train hard and become strong. I am a cursed child and I have to assure that you'll always be safe with me around. So, once I become strong enough to protect you and the mistress, I will return. I promise.

You need not worry about Cleve. I will take care of him. Also, I've taken the contract and will also steal its copy. I'll keep them because this will be the only thing that connects us.

I hope you'll take good care of yourself and kindly finish your meals. I wish you the best in the competitions.

Thank you very much.

-Analea

Gandel sat down on his chair and folded the paper once more. He kept thinking why he has such a troublesome servant. She couldn't really listen to him. The problem on his business turfs where not made by Cleve. He should've told her that so she would not misunderstand anything. But, it's all too late.

He started to mobilize some of his connections and look for traces of her. Then, he continued his training since there's only a week left before the competition. Yet, on the day of the competition, Gandel never showed up. -end

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 445 16
Shizuka Oemura was a Japanese Tokyo girl who had an unfortunate past. Losing both of her parents, Shizuka managed to overcome life's challenges and b...
753 18 19
She was always walking, destroying everything in her way without mercy, searching for a place to call her own. Life was nothing to her, it was kill o...
569 22 11
In a world where sci-fi meets fantasy.... The forces of darkness have won. The Witches have destroyed the Key and time is broken. In this new reality...
11K 394 19
Tsukiko, a woman who's blood lust mirrors Kid's. She never found her place in the world, then the Kid Pirates walk in to the bar she's murdered every...