Untold Fates: Secrets & Lies

Por TheStarCatchers

HIGHEST RANK: #7 in Science Fiction. [7.9.17] #27 in beginners [09/05/18] RUNNER UP of The Athena Awards The... Más

Author's Note
01 | Haunting Memories
03 | Pitch Black
04 | Awkward Silence
05 | Another Nightmare
06 | Tawny Brown Hair
07 | Abyss
08 | Reminiscence
09 | Inferno Blaze
10 | Guns & Keepsakes
11 | Everything Has Changed
12 | River of Tears
13 | Black Hole

02 | A Surge Of Emotions

208 25 63
Por TheStarCatchers

Zia and I looked at each other with confused expressions. I gestured at Zia to wait till I returned. I closed the door quietly behind me and tiptoed downstairs. I stopped in my tracks as I heard muffled voices.

"Just do it, Chris. You know it's for the greater good," the other man softened his voice.

I tried to see the other man. He's pierced in so many places it's hard to count. He had a strong, muscular build with a chiseled face and cold, hard eyes. Somewhat like Dad. Except for his eyes.

Dad hesitated for a moment before he said, "Fine. I'll do it. But don't you dare hurt her or I'll-"

I leaned over the railing to get a clearer look at the man. My hand hit the photo frame hanging on the wall which instantly sent a million shards of glass flying in all directions. Both pairs of eyes turned towards me. I quickly recovered from the shock and broke into a run. I was panting as I reached the door to my room. I quickly got in and slammed the door immediately.

Zia ran up to me with a worried look in her eyes and opened her mouth to say something when I interrupted her.

"Stop. I don't have time to explain everything. Just tie your shoelaces quickly and follow me. We have to get outta here right now!" I said as I grabbed my backpack and picked up anything my hand could find. I put my phone into my pocket and picked up my spare house keys, my jacket, 100 dollar bills, few band-aids, a matchbox, a couple of knives from my knife set and an empty glass bottle for self-defense.

"Why do we have to leave? What happe-?"

"There's no time to answer your questions. Let's get going."

"But there is no way out of your room. You do know that, right?" I heard the anxiety in her voice.

"I know. But we gotta get away from here. And fast."

"Do you have a rope around here somewhere?"

"You're insane. You know that?" I handed her a wire. "This is the closest thing I have to a rope. I know it can't carry our weight but..let's try our luck."

"This should work just fine," she said, breaking the glass window with my guitar as I winced.

"I'm sparing you this time because I don't have the time nor the patience to scream at you," I grumbled. "I can't believe I'm actually doing something this crazy."

Zia tied the wire to one of my bed's legs. I just hoped it was long enough for us to reach the ground safely. "You go first. I am right behind you." I said.

Zia grabbed the wire and placed her foot on the window pane as she speedily but carefully climbed down stopping after every step to find a place to keep her foot on and adjust her grip. As soon as I saw her reach the ground, I tossed our bags down to her and adjusted my foot on the window pane. My heart was pounding loudly against my chest. I've never been so daring. I could feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins.

I heard the loud knocking on my door. Even louder than before. Terrified, I tried to jump down quickly. Big mistake. I shouldn't have done that. I felt a searing pain in my left leg as I landed with a loud thump. The muscles of my leg were burning with pain and I felt too weak to rise. The scent of sweat made me feel sick.

I heard the door open and saw Dad along with a dark figure trying to fire bullets at us. Not me, but Zia. Thankfully, Zia narrowly escaped the bullet. I turned back to look at Dad. I felt a surge of emotions in me. A part of me felt angry, betrayed but the other part felt bad for leaving him.

 He was my dad, after all. I continued staring at him till he caught my gaze, "I'm sorry Jadelyn. Dad loves you," he mouthed.

"God, Jadelyn! Now is not the time. I know what you want to do. But not now!" yelled Zia. I had one last look at my dad before I left. He had a sad look in his eyes. Filled with tears. It was like he didn't want me to go. He's probably forced to do all of this.

"I'm sorry, Dad," I whispered.

"LOOK OUT!" bellowed Dad. I turned around. We were surrounded.

***

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

202K 15.6K 112
"Love is our true destiny. We don't find the meaning of life by ourselves alone - we find it with other", these are some true words which is based on...
6K 1.4K 52
A storm is raging, deep and strong Penetrating the walls of despair, Its angry façade slowly growing, Beneath the happy faces, it bears. -tintinspy ...
220 50 32
Kristin Morris the seventeen year old never know the impact he will have in the future. Either by fate or his free will he will discover the secrets...