Orenda (Wattys 2017)

By Lights_only_shadow18

Orenda: A mystical force present in all people that empower them to affect the world, or to effect change in... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
eight
nine
ten
Eleven
Twelve
thirteen

seven

9 3 14
By Lights_only_shadow18

  Song: Malibu by Miley Cyrus

The picture is of Amora's Dad.

I've officially entered this story into the 2017 Watty's! I know I probably won't win or even come close because I don't have many votes or even views, but a girl can hope. 

I love to write, so that's ok. There's always next year or the year after that. I just started writing so I don't expect to be the number one author on Wattpad. Time is patience.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the story:)

***************************************************************************************

I'm the chosen one.  

This has to be a mistake. Me, two boyfriends? Lovers? Oh, my God... Men. Don't get me wrong, I'm into men, but not enough to want to at once. How would that even work? I shivered at the thought.

"I think I'm gonna go take a bath. I need to get my head together. See Y'all later" I announce in shock. Everyone simply nods at me and lets me be on my way.

I walk upstairs and into my room. As soon as I shut the door, I strip and walk into my bathroom. I turn on the water to the hottest temperature and walk over to my vanity. I look at myself in the mirror.

Who am I? Me? Amora? Two men? I'm feeling parched. I need a drink and not the virgin kind.

I need some tequila

After examining myself, I walk over to the bathtub and get in. It's hot, just how I like it. 

I sit in the tub and relax. I can feel all my muscles loosening and all my problems vanish. Temporarily of course, but I'll take what I can get. 

I start to think about everything that's been happening lately. I've found out that I'm a Goddess, my best friend is also a Goddess along with her entire family and mine, and I have to complete a quest that involves being involved with two men at once. That drink really would come in handy about now.

After a while of sitting in silence, I decide to turn on some music. I quickly get out to go find my phone, which is on my bed. Once I retrieve the device, I go on Spotify and pick a playlist. The first song that plays is Malibu by Miley Cyrus. I love this song! It's so soft and relaxing. The lyrics really speak to me. I can't really relate to it, but I understand it. I have a feeling that one day I will relate to it when I have someone like Miley did. 

I look at my watch and see that I've been in the tub for almost 2 hours. I glance at my fingers and see that they're all shriveled up and wrinkled. Ew, I hate that. 

I unplug the drain and get out of the tub. I pull my blue towel off the shelf and dry myself. I take my time because I really don't want to go down there where I'm sure they're waiting for me. I'm a procrastinator and so I will push this to the very last second when I have no choice other than talking about it.

I get dressed in some sweats and a t-shirt from 5th grade. Yes, I do still fit in a t-shirt from 5th grade. I'm the same height and I'm pretty skinny. I eat a lot, but I play a lot of sports and stuff so it evens out. I played Varsity Softball all 4 years of high school, JV basketball in freshman year, Varsity basketball in the other 3 years, and Varsity Volleyball every year except senior year. Out of all 3 of those sports, softball is my favorite. I even got full ride scholarships to many colleges for it. 

Anyway, after getting dressed I sat on my bed and played Candy Crush on my phone. I was having a good time until I got a text from my Mom.

Can you come downstairs? We need to talk about his, honey. 

I don't really want to, but no one says no to my Mom. I reluctantly reply with 'yes' and slowly make my way to the living room. On my way I make the executive decision to stop and look at everything on my way down.

I said I'd come down, I never mentioned being fast.

After doing everything I could to avoid going downstairs, I make my way into the living room. I don't want to be here. I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather go to school. I shiver at the thought of that prison. Disgusting.

"Glad you finally came" Damon remarked as soon as I entered the room. Fight me.

"I will" he retorted back.

Before I could make a snarky comment back, Lance interrupted me.

"If what you said is true, then you are the beloved of the Asgard twins" no dip sherlock. "The beloved's quest is to search for her men as well as them searching for you. They are also searching for you and if you're lucky, they're close" he informed. I wouldn't say lucky.

"I wouldn't really call it lucky".

" you should" Berry shot out of nowhere. Why are you here, again?

"And why is that?" 

"Because the longer you are without them, the weaker you will get. You will get tired, cranky, and just weaker in general. If you are without them for too long, then it will be physically painful". What? I never signed up for this. Go away, Berry.

Why does this have to happen to me? I don't want this?!? I don't want any of it? I don't want to be a Goddess or have two boyfriends. I don't care about the powers, I just want to be and ordinary girl. I want to be a normal girl who grows up in a normal life, with a normal family, and just a normal life! Is that too much to ask for? God where you at? I sigh at that last thought.

Without replying, I walk over the cabinet in the corner of the room. I open it and pull out a bottle of Fireball. I need this.

Before I could open it my Mom takes it out of my hands and pops the lid open before taking a big gulp out of it. I give her an icy glare. How ironic.

"My daughter is going to have two boyfriends. I think I need this more than you guys" My Dad says before swiping the bottle from Mom. Pass it around, will ya? I'm the one being forced to love two guys I haven't even met. TWO GUYS! I'm gonna faint. 

All of a sudden there is a big boom. What the hell was-

"ENOUGH" Grandpa yells, ending our family drinking session. Man, I didn't even get any, I pout in my head. "Amora," Grandpa booms my name, "you need to get going on this quest before it starts affecting your performance". Who shit in your cereal? I looked over to Damon and saw that he's smiling. What a brat.

"We can help!" Macie and Grace say in unison. How will they help?

"How can you guys help? I mean, no one knows who they are or what they look like" I question.

"Well, being the Goddess of love, if they're anywhere near you when I'm with you then I will feel it. I know when everyone meets their true love. It's soon, Amora. I can feel it" Macie says with a smile from ear to ear. I don't think I've ever seen her or Grace feel anything other than happiness.

"Yeah and I can sense darkness and anything evil, you know being the Goddess of innocence and everything. Didn't someone say one of them is the God of evil or something like that?" Grace says. I never even thought of that, one being the God of evil. Does that mean he's going to be mean? At least the other one is the God of good. This is going to be one hell of a ride.

"Everyone is here to help you, Amora. We all can help in one way" Grandma assures. She's so sweet.

"I can hunt for him. It's a long shot since I don't know his smell or have ever met him, but I can give it a shot" my Dad proposes. I forgot that he's the God of the hunt, how convenient.

"The others that don't have powers that can help in this situation can help us figure out the best way to go about this and find them" for once Damon has something useful to say. I hope he heard that thought.

I guess he didn't because there was no snarky comment shot my way. Darn, maybe next time.

"So what should I do? I mean, how do I find them?" I ask. How do I find them? I mean, I nothing about them so this is going to be hard.

"I guess we're going to have to do some traveling. Gods usually live together, like packs I guess. We like to be together. Family is everything in the God-world, we don't leave family" Aunt Kayla suddenly spoke. She's been oddly quiet, usually, she is ripping Damon's head off for something stupid he did.

Now that I think about it, where's Dylan?

"Where's Dylan?" I ask. We never go anywhere without each other.

"On his way to Antartica" Berry says casually. He never has anything to say but today he's full of bad news and negativity. Thanks, Berry.

"What do you mean? He didn't leave without saying good-bye" I say firmly and confidently. He would never do that. I'm his twin, his other half. He would have at least said goodbye.

"His quest, honey. When you get your quest, it doesn't matter what time of day it is or what the situation is, it's the first priority. I'm sorry honey, but we booked him the first flight out and he left. His plane should have taken off about 20 minutes ago". She's lying.

I don't believe this. This can't be happening! We've never been away from each other for over a day. I can't live without him, this is not possible. Before I know it, I'm crying.

Great, way to be a baby, Amora. Grow a pair.

"Honey, don't cry" My Mom says as she makes her over to me and gives me a hug. Mom hugs are the best, they hold so much care and compassion. They always make things better and fix the worst of problems.

After I'm done crying, Mom let's go and looks at me in the eye. As I stare into her eyes I see so much emotion. I see sympathy, love, care. I see what she's feeling towards me in this very moment and it makes my heart melt. My Mom isn't just my Mom, she's my best friend.

I mean Farah is my best friend, but so is my Mom.

"He loves you and I'm sure it was hard for him. you were upset and in the bath and he thought best to let you be. He said he'd text you when he got a chance, which will probably be after the plane lands as he was cutting it close with the time. He had to hightail it out of here. I'm not even sure if he made it in time, but I'm sure he did. That boy drives fast" I laugh at the last part. She always knows how to cheer me up. 

I just nod in acknowledgment. I don't really feel like answering at the moment.

I know it looks like I'm overreacting and that he's going to text me so it'll be ok, but it's hard. It's hard to go without someone who you've done everything with, someone who you share your heart with. Dylan is my other half, in a brotherly way of course. We like the same food, music, we played the same sports. It's hard to realize that he's actually gone. I need him with me right now. 

I've been selfish. I realize that everything that I'm going through now, he's going through the same thing apart from the whole two boyfriends thing. I've been focused on my problems when I should be supporting him and what he has to do. I shouldn't be mad at him for leaving, he's a God now. I have to accept that he has things to do that are different from me. I have to accept that we may not see each other as much as we used to. I just hope that we still talk.

We used to talk about everything together. I remember when he told me about his first kiss. I know, it's a weird thing to tell your sister, but it wasn't weird because we're one and the same. Little Suzy on the playground in 2nd grade. I chuckle at the memory. I remember when he told me how he thought he was in love with her. He went on and on about how beautiful he was. I remember how crushed he was when little Suzy asked Brendon Shultz to play tag with her. The betrayal.

That day I held Dylan while he cried. Dylan may seem like a cold, arrogant asshole but deep down, he's just a big teddy bear. The next day at school, I broke Suzy's red crayon and blamed it on Brendon. She was so mad that she ran back to Dylan. What did Dylan do? you may ask. Well...

He accepted her with open arms.

But I supported him. After I told him how she was going to break his heart again but that's not the point. The point is that I've always been there for him and I always will be.

He's the bumble to my bee.

The butter to my fly. 

He's the blood in my heart.

***************************************************************************************

Awwwww! I love Amoras' relationships with her Mom and Dylan. I really wish I had something like that. 

This chapter was a bit longer than my others because I really felt a connection to it. I don't know why, but it just flowed:)

If you like this story please share! I really hope to get more reads and votes. I really like this story and want people to read it because I actually think it's good.

Anyone with any criticism or ideas is welcome. I like to learn what I can do better because this is all about growing as a writer!

Please vote, comment, share, and just live life:)

Stay cool my friends;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.6K 2.9K 13
Manan TS (A Supernatural Story)✔️ After losing his one and only family and love " His soulmate " after biting her unintentionally , his life takes a...
6.5K 226 42
Valentina, Xeneya and Zenia are regular 16 year olds when they suddenly find themselves possessing unusual and very useful powers, but with great pow...
476 0 26
After seeing eachother in the same Lucid dreams for two months straight and falling in love,they finally meet but Andrea and Jay learn a shocking tru...
1.3K 43 94
Four girls living an ordinary life, thought nothing of the world. They had a regular family, went to school and they were the best of friends. Yet...