Last Chance

By AliasToBi

Being constantly compared to ones brother can make one feel neglected. This is the case for Kai Walker. His b... More

Summary
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Twenty Five

2.6K 124 7
By AliasToBi

I awoke in an odd room. A room fit for a King. With a dark golden four post bed with the canopy draped with dark purple curtains that cut off the room form the bed. But they were draped aside, allowing me to see the enormous room that I was currently accommodating.

There was a large wooden desk that looked as if it belonged to someone of the King's court to the left of the room, with a door leading somewhere else to the right of the bed. In front of the bed was the large two set wooden doors that I assumed lead out of the room. There were three large ceiling to floor windows behind the desk with the middle one opening up to the balcony behind it.

I tried to sit up but found myself stopped by a pressure on my chest. I glanced down and found a familiar redhead laying with her head on my right shoulder and her right arm wrapped tightly around my chest.

Which I now saw was bare. How did she manage this? I glanced over at her torso that was pressed firmly into my side and found her wearing a lace light pink night gown that peaked my interest. For two reasons really.

One was that I really wanted to see what was underneath as all men do, and the second was that I was not aware that this world had night gowns and began to wonder how she came to acquire one.

But at this moment he was content with her in the same bed as him. Even though nothing happened between them, he was happy. Happy at the thought that she was willing to share a bed with him.

He felt her stir as her right arm tightened slightly making him smile at the movement. When her right arm suddenly left his chest he had a small lonely feeling within him. He watched as her right hand went up to her face and rubbed her eyes softly before she placed her hand back down onto the center of his chest.

She looked up with sleep filled eyes and it took a few moments for her to realise that I was staring back down at her. With a smile on my face.

Her torso raised off the bed quickly as reality dawned on her. Using my chest, she pushed herself up until she almost towered over me.

"Kai!" She exclaimed with a smile on her face and a sparkle in her eyes. "You're awake!" She added as she fell to my chest and hugged me close. "I was so worried." She ended as a soft sob left her lips.

"Bailey, what's wrong?" I asked as I brought my left arm up and stroked her right shoulder trying to calm her shaking frame.

"You were unconscious for a week." She said as she lifted her gaze until her face was right next to mine. Her eyes darted down to my lips as she licked hers.

I lifted my right arm causing her to fall slightly into me until our lips were mere millimetres away. I close the distance and softly touched my lips to hers. It wasn't a long nor was it a rough need for passion like kiss, but the small gesture held more passion and emotion than any before it. In a moment the kiss broke and I opened my eyes to see hers closed with a blissful look upon her face.

"I'm sorry." I told her as she slowly opened her eyes.

We spent the next hour or so in bed, just enjoying each others company before I decided that it was time to get moving.

I removed Bailey's arm from around my upper torso much to her displeasure, and got out of the bed with a smile on my face. Thinking back on everything I have been through and everything I have done, I truly am happy with what I managed to achieve. With what destiny has thrown my way.

If Bailey had never come into my life, I may have never been who I am today. But with that being said, the monster that lives within me scared me out of my reminiscence. How could something like that not be within the wealth of knowledge of Odin's eye? How could something this large have no bearing in history.

I sat at the edge of the bed as the large windows captured my attention. The light from the suns in the sky shone through illuminating the room brightly.

I stood up noticing that I was still in my black padded leggings, chuckling softly at the thought of Bailey stressing over whether or not to remove them. I laughed before a pillow hit the center of my back causing me to falter forward slightly at the surprise of the attack rather than the strength.

I turned around to see Bailey glaring at me with a blush upon her cheeks.

"I know what you're thinking." She said as she quickly pulled the duvet over her head trying to hide her embarrassment. Chuckling louder, I walked over to the windows, opening the middle pane to get a better look over the scenery. I was slightly stunned at what I saw.

It was the rocky canyon that I commissioned for my homestead to be built within. It would seem that the contractors and builders have finally finished it. Quite quickly I have to add. At to be honest it was incredible.

From this vantage point which I found to be the top of the mansion within the middle most tower, I could see over the rest of the castle like mansion.

Two more towers at each end of the mansion, albeit smaller than the main tower, stood proudly as they overlooked the entrance of the canyon. The entire castle had a dark colour scheme, and to be honest made it look to be a villain's headquarters, rather than the home I wanted. But I liked it. It fit my style perfectly.

Standing on the balcony, I couldn't help but wonder what life would be like if everything went according to plan. If the end that was coming ended with on a happy note. If I could just stay here with Bailey for the rest of our days. Living them out the way we wanted them to. But life is never like that. There are bound to obstacles and courses of events that will leave some shattered.

As I was thinking about the possible futures that may or may not unfold, I was attacked from behind as a soft pair of hands clasped around my chest softly. A head pressing into my back. The touch was soft and gentle.

I brought my right arm up and softly stroked Bailey's right arm. Even at a moment where so many things were running through my mind causing me to worry, a simple touch from her was enough to calm the storm within.

"What are you thinking now?" She asked as she moved from behind me to my right side as she snaked her way under my right arm. Her left arm wrapping around my waist as my right arm pulled her close to me.

"Many things." I answered her. "The future, the present. Things that may or may not happen at the end of all this."

"You are thinking too hard." She replied as her right hand softly touched my stomach and remained there. "You will do great. You will defeat this evil Mage and bring an era of peace and solidarity."

"I don't think so." I told her honestly. "What I am up against, I don't think I will come out of it in one piece. If I come back at all."

"Don't you dare say that!" She shouted at me as she pulled away creating a distance between us. The embrace broken as an angry look mixed with concern plastered itself across her features. "You will beat this enemy, just like you always do."

"Not this time. The enemy is something far stronger than I have ever faced before." I told her as I looked into her eyes. "You saw back at the school. The things he is capable of. I can't handle something like that."

"Yes, you can." Bailey said with a smile that looked forced but held the necessary emotions within it. "Believing that you can't is what's stopping you. Just believe in yourself and you can accomplish anything. Even this."

"That is incredibly cliché." I laughed at her comment which brought a larger smile to her lips.

"Doesn't make it any less true." She said as she closed the distance between us and brought me into a hug.

"Of course." I said as I kissed the top of her forehead.

It was a moment that I wished would never end, wished that it would last forever. Because at that moment I felt my calmest. At peace with myself.

But not all this are meant to last forever. As it was at that moment that the sound of metal clashing and the heavy foot falls of hundreds of feet sounded throughout the canyon. Someone was coming, and they brought a lot of friends.

I let go of Bailey and took a step in front of her as if to place myself between her and the enemy. I let my gaze fall to the entrance of the canyon as I watched the hundreds of soldiers enter. All wearing shining sets of armour that many would attribute to knights. Most were silver, but some were a bright gold. All holding a long spear in their right hands and a sword strapped to the left of their waist.

I had a feeling that something like this would happen. Especially with the monster appearing so suddenly like that in a town.

I took a step forward allowing me space to lift my right foot and place it on the railing of the balcony as I launched myself forward towards the soldiers. I flew through the air quickly as I decided to land directly in the middle of the canyon. Successfully stopping their advance.

I landed with a loud boom as the floor cracked beneath the impact. The soldiers immediately stopped as I lifted my right hand behind me. Mystos Wrath instantly flying from the castle doors and into my hand. Unsheathed.

I lifted my gaze to the soldiers as my gold hair fell around my face giving me an ominous look. To these soldiers before me, I must have looked like some sort of madman. Dressed in only padded leggings, with my torso bare. An unsheathed sword in my right hand, with my long hair resting around my face, while some strands fell in front of it.

A soldier in bright red armour walked forward. He was not wearing a helmet revealing the aged face of an experience warrior with pure white hair and a look in his eyes that showed that he had seen far too much death for this lifetime.

"The church sends their regards, Beast." The old man said with a deep voice that held the threat of imminent danger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Abigail By Hannah

Teen Fiction

58.5K 1.7K 30
(In editing) She's depressed. She's anorexic. She's suicidal. She's insecure. Abigail has grown up with her three brothers and James, never meeting h...
Static By Hattie

Teen Fiction

7.5K 317 17
{COMPLETED} "now that you've had your fun electrocuting me, would you care to hop in the backseat?" ...
143 6 21
What happens when humanity's hope rests on the shoulder of a teenager? Caleb didn't come out of the zombie uprising unscathed. He's been scarred-bot...
1.5K 52 34
How do you survive in a world without rules? ------- Some of them were old enough to remember what it was like before everything turned into sand. Wh...