Neptune. [ Jughead Jones AU]

By Ixynoir

"So you mean to tell me, that your mom carried you for nine months just to name you Neptune?" "You must be f... More

PLAYLIST
Cast.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
•••
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
76.
77.
78.
Bonus Chapter: 'Ten Bucks Says I Can'
Bonus chapter: 'From regular fangirl to fangirl boss.'

75.

4.4K 137 39
By Ixynoir

Just when Neptune finished applying her makeup there was a knock at the door.

"Ready?" Neptune asked Jughead who was laying on the bed flipping through Neptune's photo album.

"I was ready two hours ago," Jughead said standing up from her bed and Neptune rolled her eyes before walking over to Jughead and pecking his lips.

Neptune opened her dorm room to be engulfed into a hug.

"Little sister!" Jupiter said hugging her and Neptune chuckled before hugging her back.

"Big sister!" Neptune said and Jupiter laughed before pulling away. Jupiter looked past Neptune's shoulder and saw Jughead and gasped.

"You're bringing Rughead?! Did you tell dad?! Whys he dressed so casually? You didn't tell him to wear something formal?!" Jupiter asked walking into the dorm room. Jupiter was dressed in a white button down shirt and black high waisted trousers.

"Nice to see you too, Jupiter," Jughead said sarcastically and Jupiter smiled.

"I didn't know he was coming today, otherwise I would have told him. I tried to dress down so he doesn't look too out of place. Is dad in a mood or?" Neptune asked Jupiter.

"He's not in that much of a...wait. Is that my jumper?!" Jupiter asked looking at Neptune's outfit.

"I don't speak English, sorry," Neptune said awkwardly while playing with a stray curl.

"Anywho, dad was in a good mood until we got stuck in traffic. But Ryan is driving the car today and you know how much dad likes Ryan," Jupiter said and Neptune let out a breath of relief before looking at her boyfriend.

"Ryan is my dad's chauffeur forward slash friend. You'll be fine. Just remember no eye-contact for more than thirty seconds, and try to leave out the fact that you were in a gang and arrested for suspicion of murder," Neptune said to Jughead and he shot her a look.

"Wow really? I was looking forward to saying 'Hey, I'm Jughead jones and I was apart of the Southside Serpents and I got arrested for suspicion of murder. Nice to meet you,'" Jughead said sarcastically and Neptune glared at him.

"Be serious, please. This is really important to me," Neptune said and Jughead sighed before nodded.

"Okay," Jughead said and Neptune smiled before pecking him on the lips.

"Ew." Jupiter said catching their attention and Neptune glared at her.

"Don't wanna keep dad waiting. You know how impatient he gets," Jupiter said and Neptune nodded before grabbing her phone and her keys and her side bag and jacket before pulling Jughead out of the dorm room.
-------------------------------------------------------

When they arrived to the black shiny car Neptune's father was waiting for her with a smile on his face and Neptune let out a breath of relief upon seeing her dad in a good mood.

"Just be yourself. He'll like you....hopefully." Neptune whispered to Jughead and he nodded.

"My baby girl," Neptune's father said pulling her into a hug and Neptune chuckled before hugging back.

"Hey, dad." Neptune said. Once they pulled away Neptune's father looked at Jughead before looking back at Neptune.

"Oh right, dad this is my boyfriend, Jughead. Jughead this is my father," Neptune said awkwardly and Neptune's father raised an eyebrow at her.

"You didn't tell me you had a boyfriend," Neptune's father said and Neptune nodded.

"I said I had a friend boy," Neptune said awkwardly and Neptune's father shook his head at her. Jughead awkwardly extended his hand.

"It's nice to meet you, Sir. My name is Jughead Jones," Jughead awkwardly introduced himself and Neptune's father shook his hand.

"We will talk on the way to the restaurant. Let's get going so that we aren't stuck in traffic. I hate traffic." Neptune's father said moving out of the way so the teenagers can get into the car.

Neptune and Jughead sat opposite Jupiter and her father. Once the car started driving Mr Merigold cleared his throat.

"So, Jughead Jones. Where are you from?" Neptune's father asked and Jughead awkwardly cleared his threat before reply.

"I'm from Riverdale. It's a small town in Vancouver," Jughead said and Mr Merigold raised and eyebrow before looking at Neptune.

"Is that why you went to Canada that summer? And the summer after? To see Jughead?" Neptune's father asked and Neptune nodded.

"Yeah, but not just Jughead. I went to see my other friends who also live there," Neptune explained and her father nodded.

"So, Jughead. What do your parents do if you don't mind me asking?" Mr Merigold asked and Jughead bit the inside of his cheek. He couldn't say his dad was a leader of a gang.

"My dad worked on a construction site and my mother was a waitress." Jughead said after a few seconds.

"And where do you school?" Mr Merigold asked straight away.

"I go to NYU," Jughead responded.

"Studying?" Mr Merigold asked him.

"I'm a double major, I study journalism and English literature." Jughead responded and Mr Merigold nodded.

"I'm impressed. Double major just like my daughters," Mr Merigold said looking proudly at his daughters.

"So, how long have you been dating Neptune?" Mr Merigold asked Jughead.

"Two years from yesterday," Jughead answered  looking at Neptune and Neptune blushed. Mr Merigold smiled and looked at Jupiter.

"Where's your boyfriend? Or girlfriend?" Mr Merigold asked her and Jupiter shrugged.

"I don't know dad. When I find someone that understands that sex doesn't appeal to me, I'll let you know," Jupiter said while she looked at her nails in boredom. Jupiter has always been able to say what's on her mind regardless of who she is talking too.

"I like that. Sex is bad. Neptune are you having sex?" Mr Merigold asked and Neptune and Jughead both blushed heavily. Mr Merigold was like Jupiter in a lot of ways. Even though there weren't biologically related, Jupiter was outspoken much like her father.

Jughead and Neptune tried to have sex one time but they didn't due to the both of them getting nervous and bursting out into fits of laughter.

"No dad. I'm not having sex yet," Neptune said her cheeks bright red. Mr Merigold nodded happy with the answer before looking at Jughead.

"You'll respect her okay? Because if you don't something bad will happen to you," Mr Merigold warned and Jughead nodded.

"Of course I will." Jughead said before looking at Neptune.

"Something bad?" Jughead asked her nervously and Neptune nodded.

"My grandmother likes to practice witchcraft and black magic she grew up in the French quarter in New Orleans. Jupiter and I think it's a load of bullshit but my dad genuinely believes that it's real, so does my grandmother." Neptune explained to him quietly and Jughead nodded.

"So, Jughead. Is your name actually Jughead? Because in my family we welcome people with strange names," Mr Merigold said and Neptune and Jupiter nodded proudly.

"Um... Jughead is kind of a nickname. My full name is Forsythe Pendleton Jones the third," Jughead said and Jupiter snorted.

"My mother would love that name. She has a thing for weird names. My name is Mars, and my twin sister is called Saturn. My mothers name is Venus." Mr Merigold explained and Jughead nodded.

"That's very interesting. Is there a reason why you were named after planets?" Jughead asked interested and Jupiter sighed before pulling out her phone and scrolling through Instagram Neptune doing the same. They've heard the story a hundred times.

"Well, you're a smart man. I assume you know about the Big Bang Theory?" Mr Merigold asked and Jughead nodded.

"It all started in space. The Big Bang started everything, it started the universe. Without he Big Bang we would cease to exist. Now my great grandfather, was a very smart man. He lived in France for most of his life.

He was obsessed with astrology, he spent most of his life researching it, but the two things he loved more than Space was his wife, my great grandmother Agathe, and food. He loved food so much and he was so fat. They called him the Big Bang. Due to him loving food and loving space. He loved the nickname, so he went on to name his first born, my grandfather, Earth. My grandfather then named his daughter, My mother, Venus. Then my mother named me and my sister Mars and Saturn.

My sister hated the whole planet thing and named her child John but I loved it so I named my two children Jupiter and Neptune. And hopefully they do the same and follow the pattern. That's how it all started, with a fat mans love for astrology." Neptune's father explained and Jughead was so intrigued.

"Yeah, I just want to know why I was named after the largest planet? It's offensive," Jupiter said locking her phone and looking at her father.

"Because you were a fat baby." Mr Merigold said and Neptune laughed.

"That's really interesting. Thank you for telling me that, Sir," Jughead said politely. 

"So, Forsythe, Why did you choose Journalism and literature?" Mr Merigold asked changing the subject. He likes the name Forsythe better than he likes the name Jughead.

"I've already been interested in writing. When I was a sophomore I wrote a novel, and my friend Betty Cooper encouraged me to help her write for the school newspaper." Jughead explained and Mr Merigold nodded.

"I love reading. Do you still write novels?" Mr Merigold asked and Jughead shook his head.

"I haven't written many novels. I mainly just write short stories now. I'm currently writing one about Neptune," Jughead said and Neptune's eyes widened.

"You are?" Neptune asked and Jughead nodded before interlocking their fingers.

"Yup, I was going to give it to you for your birthday," Jughead said and Neptune smiled at him before kissing his cheek, while Mr Merigold smiled at the two. Jupiter awed before going back on her phone. 

"Neptune, has your mother met your boyfriend?" Mr Merigold asked and Neptune shook her head.

"She hasn't come down to New York, and Jughead hasn't been to New Orleans. She busy, you know, being mayor and stuff," Neptune explained to her dad and he nodded.

"Is that something you want to do, Forsythe?" Mr Merigold asked.

"Pardon?" Jughead asked confused.

"Is writing stories something you'll like to do? Does that appeal to you more than journalism?" Mr Merigold asked.

"Um... I would like to write stories but I'm also very interested in writing about what's going on in the world. But writing has always been number one for me," Jughead explained and Mr Merigold nodded.

"How many short stories have you written so far?" Mr Merigold asked.

"Three, not including the one I'm writing for Neptune. That's not finished yet," Jughead explained.

"I like you. So here's what I'm going to do, at the end of the dinner. I'm going to hand you my business card and on the card it has the address of my New York office. I want you to send me a copy of your short stories and a copy of the first novel you wrote. I'll read it and if it's good enough I will send it to one of the publishing companies I invest in. Is that something you'll like?" Mr Merigold asked and Jughead eyes widened.

"Really Mr Merigold? Thank you so so much. Hopefully you like them. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you," Jughead said gratefully and Mr Merigold smiled at him.

"Please, Call me Mars," Mr Merigold said and Jughead nodded.

"Thanks Dad, that's pretty cool," Neptune said to her dad.

"Oh My God. I hate traffic." Mr Merigold said looking up at the traffic and frowning and it was almost like he was never smiling in the first place.
------------------------------------------------------

Tagged: @GoldNeptune
400 likes
JugheadJ111: beautiful.
Load comments...

BettyCooper: ask ur gf to release her skin care routine.

VeronicaLodge: this picture just screams graceful.

FerrisJ863: @GoldNeptune is your hair getting bigger?

GoldNeptune: wHEN DID U TAKE THIS?

JupiterMerigold: @GoldNeptune I watched him take this.

GoldNeptune: I'm not even complaining I look better in this picture than I do in real life.

JugheadJ111: @GoldNeptune shut up. You always look beautiful.

KellerKevin17: honestly goals.

A/n: Sorry about the long chapter. It's because the book is ending in about two or three chapters.

Don't be silent. Comment!! And Vote xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

271K 5.3K 39
"tell me pretty lies look me in the face tell me that you love me even if its fake" Reggie Mantle x OC
561K 6.7K 45
Includes Jughead, Archie, Reggie, Joaquin, Cheryl, Veronica, and Betty. 》REQUESTS ARE OPEN《