Black Canary β€’ boyxboy | Arrow

By aestheticpale

"He's quite the bad ass." Green Arrow x Black Canary (male) More

Prologue
PART 1
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
PART 2
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40

21

2.8K 75 10
By aestheticpale

8 MONTHS LATER

TOKYO, AIRPORT BAR
Drake Lance

I sit in a bar waiting for something to happen as I drink myself down with vodka. The tour has ended days ago and I've answered the question of what I want. To love Ollie.

What is my purpose? What do I truly believe in? Why am I Black Canary? What makes me Black Canary?

My mind spins with questions as I don't know anything. It's the alcohol. My mind replays the same memory, the night with Ollie. When I left him. As my mind replays the same memory I start thinking of alternate ways it could've gone.

I could've stayed, dissed the tour like I almost did. I could've lived a happy life with Ollie. We could lay down together and do boyfriend things everyday.

That's not how it would go, it would've ended up with me and him fighting crime together every night. WE'D HUNT TOGETHER.

Ollie and me were complicated to begin with. Things were strange, it felt like it never should've happened. Things were going too slow. But maybe fate did his job, maybe it was meant to happen that way.

Maybe I was meant to leave Ollie and live the dream I wanted. I did everything I wanted these last 8 months. Released my first Album. Went around the entire world and sang my soul out to my fans.

The past is left behind. Black Canary, the screaming crime fighter is gone.

I continue to look at my new shot of vodka as it's my 6th shot. I chug down the vodka and as I do I feel like I'm loosing myself a little more. I never should've left Ollie, but I HAD to.

The question I had when I left Star City has been answered already. What do I truly want? TO LOVE. I want to be with Ollie, I want to love him in every possible way.

But a new question rises from those ashes. Why do I continue to fight? I'm thousands of miles away from Star City, far away from the city I love and I've forgotten who I am. I forgot the most important part of me. My purpose. Why do I continue to fight? WHAT DO I FIGHT FOR?

"I don't know." I whisper to myself softly as I slam my head against the palm of my hands. I feel the alcohol running through me and it's not me. This isn't me. I'm too damn drunk to even remember my own favorite memories.

"I'll have the special." I hear another American speak to the bar man and I raise my head off my hands and look at the man seeing his poofy nice quiff and golden white skin. He looks over at me and smiles at me softly.

"Hi." He says and I smile lightly and stare at him as I'm drunk, but not drunk enough to be fooled.

"Hi." I say softly being friendly.

"You come here often?" He asks as he fixes himself and the bar man gives him his drink.

"It's my first, and last." I say knowing my flight is a one way ticket back home. Back to Star City and return to Ollie's arms. "You?"

"Same." He says and takes a drink of his drink. "Adrian Chase by the way." He says and I look over at him and smile lightly.

"Drake. Drake Lance." I say charmingly and he chuckles softly.

"That's a nice name." He says and I chuckle softly. "Where you heading to?"

"Star City. Back home." I say as I think about Ollie and his possible reaction when he sees me.

"Really? Me too!" He says surprised and I look at him shock. It's not everyday you see someone going to Star City. "I mean I also live there too. I'm here on business trip." He say chuckling with his receipts that he isn't a psycho.

"What business?" I ask him and he hesitates.

"Just lawyer stuff." He says shaking it off being flirty and I chuckle. "What's dragging you back there anyways?" He says trying to get to know me and I chuckle.

"It's complicated." I say and pause as I look away from Adrian focusing on the new shot of glass. "-Actually. It's a long story."

"I got ears and time." He says being highly interested as he's being sweet. I look over at him as I pout my lips with a small smile.

"You see, I left someone special back home to go live my dreams. But the truth is, i left him because I didn't know if I was prepared to commit with him." I say and he nods. "I traveled thousands of miles around the world living my dream and as I did, I became prepared to commit with him-"

"-But." He says continuing the story.

"-but a new question rises, what do I fight for?" I say finishing the story and Adrian gives me a smirk speechless with the story.

I suddenly then hear a woman shouting as she is afraid. I turn my head over to see the scene as I see two big guys harassing the innocent woman. She can't fight for herself and that's what constantly goes through my head.

I know who I am. I know what I fight for.

"Leave her alone!" I yell loudly as I look at the scene and the two guys look over at me and laugh at me.

"What are you going to do fag?" One of the guys yell and I quickly take my last shot of vodka.

I look at Adrian and he chuckles. "Give me a second." I say and then throw the shot glass at the guy's head. The guy falls to the ground knocked out as his forehead bleeds, and the woman is let free but there is more than one guy.

My body quickly rejects all the alcohol I've been drinking and I'm able to remember myself. It's a pro to being a meta human.

I quickly get up from the bar stool and walk towards the scene and I'm greeted with 3 more guys.

One of the guys' throw a punch like an animal and I quickly catch his punch and break his arm. I then turn my back towards him and elbow his face taking him down.

The other comes at me with a chair and I quickly dodge his attack as he slams the chair down a table breaking the table. I grab the broken chair leg as a weapon and get up from the floor facing the attacker. I kick him in the balls and slam the chair leg against the man's face putting him down.

I sigh patting myself down as I'm done. Thought there was 3. I turn around hearing a man screaming and I see him holding a beer glass. Bad idea.

"SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE." I shatter the beer bottle and as I do the glasses fly towards his face and he falls down to the ground. I quickly stare at the mess and take out my wallet.

I know what I fight for.

I grab some big bills out of there and hand it to the waitress that was getting assaulted as she thanks me. "Thank you so much."

"Here." I say giving her the money to pay for the mess I caused. "For your trouble." I say and she smiles as I smile too.

Maybe I needed a refresher. A taste of my past.

I walk towards Adrian ditching the scene and he looks at me impressed. "So did you figure out what you fight for?" He asks me teasing me and I smile.

The TV distracts me and I look at it seeing a breaking news update and see that it's about Star City. THE THROWING STAR KILLER ATTACKS AGAIN.

Maybe there is a purpose going back to Star City, not only for Ollie but for the people there. They can't fight back, not like the way I can.

"I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves." I say as I look away from the TV and back to Adrian as he smiles lightly. Star City needs Black Canary.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.2K 573 9
A collection of one-shots (or possibly multiple-shots) from prompts suggested by readers for two ships none of us Arrowverse watchers knew we needed...
374K 8.1K 61
just some male!reader one-shots. (mostly supernatural, marvel, dc & star wars, but many others as well ^^) have fun reading my dudes :D
14.4K 248 16
Yeah... What if Oliver Kara , Sara , Barry , Caitlin , Alex , Thea , Laurel , Slade , Malcolm ... (This means you can suggest who you want) Are wat...
8.1K 201 12
DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN YJ OR ANY OF THE CHARACTERS. THIS IS A LGBTQIA SHIP, NOT REALLY IN YJ. THANK YOU, ENJOY. WARNING: Suicide, LGBTQIA, slight ns...