Man in the Mirror || irwin (D...

By desmadres

She found something, or rather someone, she never expected to find in her new room. More

man in the mirror
prologue
[ part one ]
[ 1 ] 2013
[ 2 ] 2013
[ 3 ] 1960
[ 5 ] 2013
[ 6 ] 2013
[ 7 ] 2013
[ 8 ] 2013
[ 9 ] 1960
[ 10 ] 2013
[ 11 ] 2013
[ 12 ] 2013
[ 13 ] 2013
[ 14 ] 2013
[ 15 ] 2013
[ 16 ] 2013
[ 17 ] 2013
[ 18 ] 2013
[ part two ]
[ 19 ] 2013
[ 20 ] 2013
[ 21 ] 2013
[ 22 ] 2013
[ 23 ] 2013
[ 24 ] 2013
[ 25 ] 1960
[ 26 ] 1960
[ 27 ] 2013
[ 28 ] 2013
[ 29 ] 2013
[ contest ]
[ 30 ] 2013
[ 31 ] 2013
[ 32 ] 2013
[ 33 ] 2013
[ winners ]
[ 34 ] 2013
[ 35 ] 2013
[ 36 ] 2013
[ part three ]
[ 37 ] 2013
[ 38 ] 2013
[ 39 ] 1961
[ 40 ] 2013
[ 41 ] 2013
[ 42 ] 2013
[ 43 ] 2013
[ 44 ] 2013
[ 45 ] 2013
[ 46 ] 1962
[ 47 ] 2013
[ 48 ] 2013
[ 49 ] 2013
[ 50 ] 2013
[ 51 ] 2013
[ 52 ] 2013
sequel
MITM Series

[ 4 ] 2013

46.7K 1.8K 1.9K
By desmadres

[ 4 ] 2013

-

"This is the Hood family. They owned this house before us."

-

"Harley! Oh, Harley sweetie!" Her mother called from the bottom of the stairs.

The movers had been at work all morning and so had her mother. She had been instructing them where to place everything, and had even gone down to the local high school to sort out the final details of Billy and Harley's transfer. By dinner time, everything had been set up and decent for living in.

She opened her door and yelled out, "What, Harleen?" 

"That's rude." Ashton commented.

"Pfft." She scoffed at him, "Shut it, mirror boy."

There was a small gasp that came from the mirror. "Why aren't you afraid of me?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "Maybe I am afraid. I mean, who isn't afraid of a guy living in the mirror? But the difference between a coward and a brave person is that someone brave won't let their fears cripple them. Besides, I was never much of an easily scared person anyway."

"Harley! Dinner is ready!" Her mother called once again from the bottom floor.

"I'll be right down!" She replied, unenthusiastic.

It wasn't the first time the Quinns had moved to a new house. When she was younger, she remembered her family moving all the time. Her father Aaron would get temporary jobs while he finished up his studies for his masters degree, and due to that, they had moved at least three times before she and Billy were four years old. 

They had lived in their last house for twelve years, when he had joined Foxworth Firm's business advertising and marketing sector of the company. And it wasn't until that summer when her father had been transferred to the headquarters in Sydney. Her father, Aaron Quinn was in charge of creating well thought out commercials for their lawyer firm, at an affordable budget. He was very good at what he did and had been promoted to head quarters, where he would work with various other topics. Foxworth industries owned a variety of Australian products and they thought Aaron Quinn's creative commercials would get them an increase in consumers and with that would come more sales and more money.

Harley was glad for her dad and thought he definitely deserved that promotion. She just didn't like the idea of leaving Perth. She was leaving her only friend behind, and even though no one really noticed her there, it was her place.

It was also the place a boy she had been crushing on lived, a friend of her brother's from the basketball team. But she never had a chance with him because he never noticed her and now he never would. That was all in the past now, and she would need to make a new home of Sydney.

.

When she got down the stairs, she almost turned around and rushed back to her bedroom. But she had already been spotted by the people at the dinner table.

"Harley!" Her mother gushed with excitement.

"Who are these people?" Harley eyed the four people sitting at the dinner table along with her family. 

"Harley Lizbeth Quinn." Her father scolded her, eyeing her in a way that said these are important people. They always seemed to call her by her full name whenever she did something they thought was wrong. "This is the Hood family. They owned this house before us."

"I thought no one lived here before us." She pointed out from the doorway, ready to use any excuse to get out of having dinner with people she didn't know and didn't intend on meeting. 

Her mother nodded her head in agreement. "That's right, sweetie. They never lived here because the house was said to be haunted. But they owned the rights to the house. And you'll be going to the same school as their son Calum. He promised to show you around and be your very first friend. Isn't that great?" She grinned joyfully. The one thing she hoped for her daughter was for her to be a normal sixteen year old girl who had a boyfriend. That had never been a possibility back in Perth because she didn't go out much and only had one friend. But Harleen saw the move as a new start for her daughter, and she saw Calum as her daughter's ticket into her new life. 

Harleen was not at all worried about Billy. Sure he had left a girlfriend named Jodie back in Perth who he had been in love with. Well, they were technically broken up and had sworn to keep in touch and be friends. But Harley knew her brother. He would easily be able to get a girlfriend in Sydney without a problem. Harley was a different story. Harleen merely wanted her to already get her first boyfriend. that was already hard enough.

Harley rolled her eyes, "Oh, yeah. I can't wait."

She watched as Mrs. Hood nudged her son, who seemed just as excited as Harley did. He shot her an annoyed look before he got up from his seat and walked towards her.

"Hi," He said, looking completely bored, "My name is Calum Hood. We're neighbors."

He extended his long, tan, arm in her direction, offering her his hand to shake. She eyed his hand for a full minute before she finally took it. "Harley Quinn." She said back as her introduction to him.

An amused grin flashed across his face in a second. "Like that girl from Batman, eh?" He wiggled his eyebrows at her teasingly.

She sighed in frustration. "Ha. Well, aren't you a clever one?"

She could already tell the two wouldn't be getting on too well.

"Hey, here's an idea." Her mother brightened at an idea that crossed her mind. "Why don't you and Calum eat up in your room, darling? That gives you some time alone to get to know each other." She suggested. Billy had already gotten his food and left the dining room to give the visitors a place to sit at the table. Knowing her brother, in the one day they had spent in their new house, he had probably already even made friends.

Harley knew the real reason behind it was because there were seven people present and only six available chairs at the dinner table. But if she really knew her mother well, and she did, she knew her mother hoped the raven haired boy and Harley would start a relationship.

"I think that's a great idea." Mrs. Hood cooed in agreement.

After having given them each a plate of food, the two went up the stairs in the direction of Harley's bedroom. 

She pushed the door open and Calum pushed past her rudely, walking across the now furnished room to her twin bed in the far end that was neatly made. He plopped himself on it undoing all her hard work, and began poking at the food on his plate without a care in the world. Her eyes watched him, annoyed. She couldn't believe he wouldn't even make space for her to sit on her own bed.

Sliding her plate onto her computer desk and sitting on the not-so-comfortable computer chair, she only hoped he wouldn't noticed the mirror which seemed out of place in her room.

Just her luck, his fork dropped onto the plate in surprise, causing a loud clank that caught her attention. She turned towards him to see the astonishment etched across his face. A few brief seconds passed and he was able to compose himself, but the surprise remained in his voice as he asked her, "Where did you get that mirror?"

She shrugged, trying to remain nonchalant. "It was here when we moved in. Is it yours?"

He shook his head. "No. It's always been there, ever since I can remember. But..."

"But what?"

Ashton, who had been out of sight the entire time, suddenly came into view. 

She watched as recognition made its way on Calum's face. "You." He said, in a voice barely above a whisper. But even in that one word were many emotions concealed in it, the most prominent being a deep hatred.

"Calum?" She asked, hoping to get some answers from him.

Ashton replied for him. "He can see me too. He's a shifter like you are."

"Wait," Calum looked towards Harley. "You can see him?"

She nodded slowly.

"And you two already know each other?" Her voice came out as sounding confused, and she was.

Ashton nodded, observing Calum with the same amount of hatred Calum was showing him. 

"His family killed my family." He replied.

That's when she realized there was much more to the house than just an abandoned old place no one had lived in since the 1960's.

-

SOWWY THIS ONE MAY BE A BIT SHITTY. ITS MIDNIGHT AND IM TIRED AND I HAVE SCHOOL TOMORROW AND I HAVE SO MUCH WORK TO DO, BUT I HAVENT DONE IT CAUSE I DON'T HAVE MY SPANISH BOOK. BUT I HOPE YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER, CAUSE I WROTE IT WITH A LOT OF LOVE.

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO MY DARLING RINNY (@parinzoia) CAUSE SHE WAS ONE OF MY VERY FIRST FRIENDS HERE TOO AND HER SUPPORT HAS ALWAYS MEANT THE WORLD TO ME. PLUS, SHE ALWAYS WRITES AMAZING FANFICS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT.

QUESTION OF THE DAY: WHICH COUNTRY DO YOU LIVE IN? (DONT TELL ME THE CITY CAUSE THERE ARE PEDOS OUT THERE.) I AM FROM THE LAND OF THE FREE, THE HOME OF THE BRAVE. SWEET LITTLE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. :D

PLEASE BE AMAZING AS YOU ARE AND CONTINUE READING AND VOTING. THE PREVIOUS CHAP ALMOST HAS 100 VOTES AND THAT MAKED ME ALMOST WET MY PANTS IN EXCITEMENT. LOL, MAYBE NOT LITERALLY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT. 

I LOVE YOU.

PORNOSKIANS.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283K 10K 37
When she wanted to forget her first one night stand, he wanted to remember it forever.
746K 14.5K 68
Holly never thought her world would be normal. What she didn't expect was finding love before she even knew what it was.
13.3K 509 37
when the love of his life returns home, but in the arms of someone else.
My Romeo By Ray

Fanfiction

347 30 30
Isn't it amazing what one little encounter could do? Dedicated to my best friend, Mara :)