The Angel's Tear (Complete)

By KEHolts

Kaylyn lived a normal teenage life, just like her parents had hoped. That is till she met Emett, that's when... More

The Angel's Tear
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
CHAPTER 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 27

804 25 3
By KEHolts

CHAPTER 27

Emett was fast asleep at my side and I slowly ran my hands through his thick brown hair, sighing I laid back and stared at the ceiling. I wasn’t tired just curious. I couldn’t sit here in bed and not do anything about the way Titus treated me. I slowly scooted to the end of the bed being very careful not to wake the very exhausted Emett. He looked so peaceful and comfortable, I wish I didn’t feel so antsy so I could have enjoyed laying next to him. I really hate my mind some times.

I slowly began to apply pressure to my legs they felt so weak and heavy from the weeks I had spent laying in bed.I very carefully hoisted myself onto my feet using the wall the balance myself. I was very shaky I felt like a new born foal learning how to walk. It was a pitiful site I’m sure.

With slow progress I made my way to the door, I winced and quickly looked back when the door creaked. Emett didn’t move a muscle he was gone to far into sleep to notice any sound. The house seemed abandoned it was eerily quiet. I walked into the empty kitchen of the small quaint cottage. It reminded me of a log cabin you would find in the woods that your grandmother would have decorated with lite blues and yellows. I walked over to the window at my right and smiled when I saw everyone sitting at an old wood table on the porch. I didn’t see Titus though.

“Looking for me?” I jumped and quickly turned around to see Titus standing right behind me with his arms crossed.

“Yes as a matter of fact I was. Can we talk?” I brushed some hair behind my ear and then suddenly felt very self conscious when I realized what I must have looked like after 3 weeks in bed.

“I figure I don’t really have a choice.” His face was wiped clean of any emotion , and my stomach began to fill with nerves.

“No you really don’t get a choice.” I smiled trying to lighten the mood…but it didn’t work if possible it just made the atmosphere of the room heavier.

I made my way to the couch using everything along the way that I could to help balance myself. He sat as far away from me as he could at the far end of the kitchen table.

What had I done to deserve this kind of reaction from him, you would think I had the plague.

“Soooo, whats up?” I asked staring him down but he stared right back.

“Nothing, you?” I widened my eyes an allowed a smile on my face.

“Oh nothing much here eitherm just spent the last 3 weeks in a coma. Bout it.” The look on Titus’s face said he was not amused by my sarcasm.

“What is this about Kaylyn?” He crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair with a scowl that could have froze hell over on his face.

“Uhm, well its about. Uhm…” Oh my gawsh what was I going to say? I brought my hands to my head squeezing my head in between them willing my thoughts to get unjumbled. What was wrong with my head today?

“Are you ok?” He whispered in a more familiar tone.

I nodded my head and took a deep breather trying to focus. “What happened? Why do you hate me all of a sudden? Did me not dying ruin your day some how?”

Titus narrowed his eyes at me “ First non of your business, second I could never completely hate you, three yes.”

I was lost for words I was just being dramatic about the dead part ruining his day. Is he really mad about the fact that I didn’t die? “Why…why would you want me dead?”

He stood up eyes closed as if he was trying to ignore I was there “I didn’t say I wanted you dead just said you not dying ruined my day.”

It hurt to know my best friend was being this way towards me, so much so that I couldn’t hold my emotions in and freely began to cry. But he kept his eyes closed ignoring my sobs.

“Why?” I asked as I tried to wipe the tears from my eyes but they kept coming.

“Are we done?” He asked in a bored tone completely ignoring my question.

“No!” I yelled getting to my feet only to loose my balance and fall back on the couch.

“Well I’m done.” Titus was about to walked passed me when I grabbed his arm and held on tight.

“Titus talk to me” I begged and before I knew what had even happened I was on the ground clutching the side of my face.

“Don’t touch me.” He spat, and I dind’t know what to think. This wasn’t Titus the one I loved and grew up with. He would have never laid a hand on me or any other women. What or who had taken him away from me and left behind this poor excuse for a man.

“Whats going on here?” Emett was standing in the hall staring between Titus and I. I quickly looked at the ground hiding what Im sure was a very red cheek from being back handed.

“What did you do?” He growled at Titus.

Titus said nothing but I heard his footsteps walking away from me on the wood floor. He didn’t go far before I heard the sound of skin to skin contact, and the sudden exhale of breathe. I looked up to see Titus doubled over on Emett’s fist.

“Touch her again and I will have no problem killing you.” Emett sounded like a rabid wolf growling at his prey. I could see the golden fire of his phoenix shifter burning in his eyes. It must be taking a lot for him to control his anger right now.

“What is going on!” Renee was fuming as she watched Emett let Titus drop to the floor. Titus was trying to catch his breathe.

“Titus hit Kaylyn.” Emett replied as he walked over to me helping me to my feet examining my face.

“Can’t you stay out of trouble for just a few minutes?” He whispered into my ear as he led me to the fridge where he removed a pack of cold rice.

“Why would Titus hit Kaylyn?” Renee asked no one answered she looked down at Titus who would not return her gaze.

“Why would you hit her Titus? Was it an accident , please tell me it was…”Titus’s silence gave Renee her answer.

She looked at me with anger in her eyes. “What did you do to provoke him?”

I think my mouth literally dropped open. “What? I… I didn’t do anything I was trying to figure out what his issue was with me!” I yelled quickly beginning to loose my temper.

 Renee laid her hands on Titus and I could see the faint glow of blue around her wrist from a quick healing on Titus. Within seconds he was back to his feet looking stronger then ever. He glared at Emett who held me protectively at his side.

“What are you talking about what issue?” Did Renee really not see it?

“The cold shoulder he has been giving her.” Interrupted Barbus as he walked in with the rest of the group.

“Stay out of this Barbus!” Snapped Renee, what in the world was going on with these two…Barbus childishly stuck out his tongue out at Renee and she turned back to me.

“Lets go Renee.” I was in awe at the change of attitude Titus had when it came to talking to Renee, he was gentle and sweet as he wrapped an arm around her waist. But I wasn’t about to let my little sister go with Mr. Unstable.

“Where are you going?” I commanded.

Titus hissed back at me. “Away from all of you.”

I charged towards my xbest friend  but Emett grabbed my arm stopping me. “You aren’t going anywhere with my little sister!”

Renee pressed into Titus’s body holding onto him for dear life. “Ive told you before I am not your little sister. I don’t want to follow you around anymore! “ her voice cracked at the end of her sentence.

I had hardly any voice at all “Please…Renee, Titus I love you tell me what I did I can fix it. Just don’t go…”Renee buried her face into Titus’s chest and Titus buried his face in Renee’s soft blond curls.

“Die” replied Titus with a bitter tone, with that I watched my best friend and little sister walk out the door. I watched them leave and I could have sworn I saw Titus look back with a tear in his eye. Did I just want to see it? To believe I hadn’t completely lost them…why did they want to be rid of me so badly?

I slapped my hand over my mouth trying to control my sobs. Emett’s arms tightly wrapped around me. I looked out the open door as Titus and Renee walked out of view.

And in a blink of an eye a piece to the puzzle appeared, Natis… it was a split second but I am sure I saw him hidden in the shadows. I know he had something to do with this, my grief quickly turned into a deep hatred and determination to destroy Natis.

“You saw him to?” Asked Emett and I nodded my head as he confirmed what I had just seen.

“I want him dead” I whispered as I balled my hands into fists.

“Time to start your training again.” Said Barbus as he looked out in the direction Natis was in.

“And maybe time for some new blood.” Finished Fate.

“Ill get to work on some pain potions” piped Rosie.

I had a feeling things would be getting intense but…this time it didn’t seem as bad now that I had Emett to count on. I knew I wouldn’t be in this alone.

****

Hey a short chapter to make up for the short one over the weekend.  Vote & comment :))

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 251 30
Elena Crystal, a 17 years old girl with many problem in her life. On her 18 birthday, something happen to her. Something she thought is was just a fa...
610 37 28
Dovelyn isn't your average teenage girl. Secrets were kept and lies were told. Will Dovelyn be able to defeat the darkness? Who will she loose in the...
1.1M 37.4K 67
"So here I lay here in the cold, mentally shattered, physically broken, bleeding out and waiting for the sweet silence and darkness of death to come...
218K 9.6K 27
Annabel had the perfect family. That is until a tragic accident takes her mother's life. Now, 10 years later, Annabel is 18 years old and her father...