Superpowered

By ChristinaRobles

In a modern day New York City there are villains that meet the human eye. After a huge car accident Genevieve... More

Superpowered
Chapter 1 - Run
Chapter 3 - The truth exposed
Chapter 4 - The tower of cryptic
Chapter 5 - Drawn
Chapter 6 - Mission
Chapter 7 - Robbery
Chapter 8 - The news and The Vision
Chapter 9 - An electric current
Chapter 10 - Let go
Chapter 11 - Pancakes and Small Talk

Chapter 2 - Take flight

6.4K 259 44
By ChristinaRobles

HERES SOME DRAMA FOR YOU GUYS! BE SURE TO VOTE AND COMMENT :) 

I'd really appreciate it!!!!!!! 

ENJOY!!!!!!! :D 

__________________________________________

Chapter 2 – Take flight

Genevieve, or what Blaze liked to Call Gene, felt her eyes open slightly from the sunlight. She glanced to her side only to realize she was being carried in Blaze’s arms. She resisted, ready to fight him off. It isn’t every day that you wake up in a strangers arms.

He smiled down at her slightly. “Relax. I’m not going to hurt you. But let’s face it, you need me and I’m just trying to help.”

“What are you talking about?” Gene asked her eye brow furrowed in confusion. Before she could protest she remembered the mishap earlier, how she had passed out in the middle of an alley. Unfortunately, she couldn’t remember anything from before then. It was as if her mind was blank from all memories.

“Listen. You’re coming with me to the tower of cryptic.” Blaze muttered with a smirk. “I know you barely know me but it’s the least I can do, you’re halfway near death and I wouldn’t be doing my job if I just left you to die in an alley.”

“Okay. Fine. But what is it that you do exactly and, what in the world is the tower of cryptic?” Gene replied a bit frustrated. It annoyed her how this boy, muscular and built was carrying her as if she was some type of doll. It made her feel fragile and vulnerable. She didn’t like it. She liked feeling in charge.

Oh how the tables have turned. She thought. It wasn’t like she could fight him off or jump out of his arms, she could barely move. Her body was tired and her mind was still a bit dizzy.

She silenced her thoughts. “How do I know you’re not taking me to some freaky dungeon to kidnap me and all that extra weird stuff. You’re like a complete stranger, why should I trust you?”

“Its peoples job to trust me.” Blaze sighed. “I do stuff like this all the time.”

“Stuff like what?” Gene questioned. “Saving people?”

“Yes.” He responded. “Now stop talking. I’m trying to focus.”

“Focus?” As the words left her mouth she sat up a little to realize they weren’t on the ground walking, they were flying. Her throat quickly closed up as she stared at the clouds passing her. “ARE YOU CRAZY!?”

Blaze laughed allowing the flames below him to continue his flight. It was as if he had exactly what a plane did below his feet, allowing bright blue flames to be below the heels of his foot blasting him through the sky. From below he looked like a rocket ship but to Gene’s eyes, he looked scary beyond words. Never in a million years did she expect to meet a stranger that could fly due to his fire abilities.

“Nothing is going to happen to you.” He replied. “Relax.”

“Relax!? RELAX!? This isn’t normal!” She yelled. “We’re flying! Why are we flying!?”

“The tower of cryptic is hidden.” Blaze muttered. “We can’t just walk there, we might be followed. There are enemies.”

“What about your friends…” She breathed exasperated as she stared at her surroundings. “Are they flying too?!” She questioned obviously shocked.

“They are driving.”

“So? A car can easily be seen.” She muttered staring at the millions of towers below her in the distance. “Why on earth are we flying!?”

“Not an invisible hover craft.” He smiled slightly. “And, flying by flame is very cool.”

She shook her head. “You guys are freaks seriously.”

Blaze paused in the middle of the sky. He stared at her with a slightly angry expression his hazel eyes however, were soft and watchful. “If I was a villain, or someone mean, I could drop you right now and let you die.”

Gene stared at him, holding in every bit of oxygen that she could.

“But I’m not that person. So before you call me a freak, think about how I’m helping you and how little different you are from any of us. Just like us, you have powers. So suck it up, and welcome to the club, freak.”

With the last of his sentence he blasted off, making absolutely no more conversation. Gene held in her breathing as much as she could, hoping that she wouldn’t say something remotely stupid. She thought of an apology but quickly pushed it aside thinking it wasn’t at all that serious.

In minutes, blaze halted, reaching his destination. Before them was what seemed to be a tower in the middle of Manhattan, New York. Gene gazed, the tower had to be more than 50 feet tall. It hovered over them with at least a million glass windows and large gold doors.

Blaze didn’t bother to put her down. He carried her into the tower only for Gene to notice the fortress before her. It was as if she was in another world, a world that consisted of marble floors and beautiful 30 feet tall golden walls. Blaze made his way to the front desk only to greet a man and tell him the previous events of the past day or two.

The man nodded before grinning down at Gene and pressing a button on his desk. In moments three nurses flew out of a room with a stretcher. Each of them were plump and round shaped. They all had a motherly personality and smiled in awe at Gene as Blaze placed her on the stretcher. He smiled slightly assuring her that she’d be fine. Gene didn’t understand how he could be so friendly when not even an hour ago she was so rude to him.

Why is he so nice? She thought.

The nurses pushed Gene forward on the stretcher, allowing Gene to hold a gaze with Blaze. For some reason she didn’t want him to go. She knew he could at least be trusted but these fat nurses? She didn’t know if she could trust them. Frightened, she glanced at them. Each woman was staring down at her with wide grins.

In moments they were in the nurse’s area and closed the doors behind them. A nurse with the name Julia on her name-tag pulled out a needle from a drawer and smiled down at Gene. “This’ll only make the pain go away.”

Gene hesitated ready to scream only to find that the nurse was right. As soon as the needle went in, all the pain went away.

*MEANWHILE*

“Looks like you’ve been replaced Angela.”

Angela paused while driving the hover craft only to turn around and face Ian. His thick brown hair met his forehead only slightly covering his dark green eyes. He smiled mockingly at Angela, clearly able to see that he was annoying her.

“Ian, don’t start.  Please.” She continued to drive, putting her feet against the pedal so that it could move slightly faster. Their hover craft was state of the art and made by some of the best technicians in the world. How much did it cost? At least one million dollars. All the money to go into its state of the art engine and soft velvet cushions.

He shrugged. “Why? What’s the problem?” Ian muttered. “It’s pretty obvious Blaze has a slight interest in the new girl.”

“No he doesn’t, Ian.” Angela replied with attitude. She continued to drive the invisible hover craft as they went deeper and deeper into the water, hoping to reach Manhattan at any given moment.

“But what if he does?” Ian questioned.

“He doesn’t!” Angella yelled. “And, that’s final. I’m his girlfriend and we’ve been together for almost two months. He’s not going to leave me for some chick that can turn invisible.”

“Yeah cause two months is such a long time.” Ian muttered. “Still, what was up with him offering to take her to the tower of cryptic, I mean she could have just rode with us. Right?”

“Ian, that’s enough.” Chimed in Mayra. Her dark skin glistening from the sun through the invisible window shield. “Blaze is just being nice, he was nice to all of us when he found us and took us in. He helped us become the family we are today. Now, stop being so stubborn and stop causing trouble.”

Ian shrugged before sitting back in his seat. “Fine, I was just saying.”

“Shut up Ian.” Angella muttered. But what if what Ian was saying was true? Angela had only been dating Blaze for a short period of time and what if this new girl, Genevieve, was some awful competition. Angela wouldn’t have it. She had strong feelings for Blaze and she wouldn’t let someone so minor ruin her relationship.

But did Blaze feel the same way? She wasn’t too sure. She didn’t know if Blaze would fight for her and stay by her side if he met someone else. After all, Blaze and her had only been dating for a short period of time. And, sometimes she did question whether they belonged together. They were both so different. She wondered if the only reason they were together was because they had spent so much time together and because well, she was Angela. She was used to getting what she wanted.

As she pulled onto the dock near Manhattan, a thought came to her mind. Just like she snagged up Blaze was exactly how she was going to keep him. She wouldn’t let him out her sight and she’d do absolutely anything to make sure he wasn’t at all interested in some invisible girl. At least, that’s what she thought. She smirked to herself, the plan falling together. The sun was setting and as she stared at it she couldn’t help but think that Genevieve didn’t know what she has coming her way.She felt bad for the girl, because by the time she was done she was going to keep as much distance from her and Blaze as possible. If competition was what she wanted, competition was what she was going to get. And Genevieve was going to lose; at least that’s what Angela thought.

After all, Angela always gets what she wants.  

_______________________________________________________

Obsessive girlfriend much? 

lol this chapter was fun to write. I love writing this. Its definitely a breath of fresh air, something new to enjoy!

Questions for the fans: What do you think is Angelas plan? Do you think Blaze and her will last? And, whats up with the tower of cryptic? Any ideas? 

That's all guys! Hope you enjoyed it!!!! 

Any questions? Post them here or message me. 

VOTE + COMMENT = A  HAPPY WRITER :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 68 20
The Mikeals have always been normal. Anyone who sees them sees a completely normal family with two parents and a twin brother and sister. That is wha...
553 43 23
~Lost in words, hidden in lies, memories forgotten, silent goodbyes.~ This story is about a girl named Amelia. Amelia and the people who have decided...
2.4K 111 102
Six high school students looks like anyone else acts like anyone else but are capable of things no one else is. They learnt from a young age no one t...
6.1K 281 36
Hello I'm Sasha but it's not important you wouldn't remember if you'd met me and since you haven't then it matters even less. I'm non-existent, a gho...