Musings of a Book Blogger ✔

By AliceTheWriter7

UPDATE- As of September 2021, I no longer am a book blogger. I've decided to keep this guide online to help a... More

Welcome Note
1: Creating Your Blog
2: Writing Style
3: When To Update
4: Building An Audience
5: Tackling Social Media
6: Participating In Blog Tours
7: Receiving Books For Review
8: Dealing With Trolls and Spam
10: Q+A Part One
11: Q+A Part Two
12: My Own Book Blog!

9: Talking About Your Blog

14 2 2
By AliceTheWriter7

Let's set the scene: You're applying for a job that involves writing articles and editing long pieces of text, what experience do you have? Well, if you have a blog, it's important to mention that to them. You might not realise it but having a Blog and an active one can open more doors for opportunities and discussions. As someone who currently volunteers for a local charity, it's my responsibility to read, write and speak English to a high standard. This is because I sort through books and I have to write about them too.

A blog represents you, what you love and how you approach it. Not everyone writes long posts and trust me, that's OK. Not everyone blogs the same topics, that's OK too. When asked what interests or hobbies you have, mention your blog. If it helps, here's a list of simple tips to talking about your blog:

- Always state the title and meaning behind the title of your blog particularly if it has an interesting backstory to it.

- How often you update.

- Favourite blog post that you've ever uploaded.

- How blogging has shaped you into the person that you are today (lessons learnt).

- Opportunities that you've had on your blog (IE: I ran a blog tour, I interviewed a NYT Bestselling Author etc).

Being me, I do find talking about myself to a bunch of strangers to be nerve-wracking but always prepare your answers beforehand and remember to smile. If people see passionate blogger, they'll want to follow your blog.     

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.9K 1.6K 30
What gonna happen if Seven mafia kidnapped seven normal boys what if they did mistake that will let them lost the most precious person in their life...
118K 1.4K 61
Experience the life with a Natalia, a 14 year old girl with 12 Older brothers! She is Italian and Hispanic! Her parents passed away when she was just...
90.4M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...