My Fatal Flaw || Naruto Fanfi...

De APH_Nordic_Greenland

All you have ever wanted to do was help others. Ever since you were young, you would do your best to be helpf... Mai multe

Too Much Faith
Liar
You Fool!
Undaunted
Eerie.
All The Things He Said
Tree Climbing
What He Saw In Me
Oh Geez

Tainted Snow

313 19 7
De APH_Nordic_Greenland

I felt my hand begin to shake. With my opposite hand, I cradled it and ran a thumb over each finger. I didn't know what was up with me, but it felt like there was an invisible force just wanting me to get back at Haku for something he didn't do. He didn't kill Sasuke, I reassured. The shaking in my hand didn't cease as I watched the battle scene play out.

As Haku was in a bit of a panicked state, he threw Senbon, to which were easily deflected by Naruto. I felt Haku disappear into a mirror. He reappeared in every single one of his mirrors, each clone acting out quickly and focusing solely on Naruto. They launched senbon, easily lodging itself into the cloak-like Chakra surrounding Naruto. Said boy's Chakra yanked them out as Naruto let out a battle cry. He charged at the mirrors, creating cracks before it dramatically shattered. Haku disappeared once again, reappearing behind Naruto.

"This should be it!" he exclaimed. Haku's aim was off as Naruto dodged, as if it were the easiest thing in the world. All of a sudden, I felt the tension deepen, to the point where I felt glued to my spot. I didn't know why, for all I knew was this wasn't a good thing. Naruto's red Chakra began bubbling and contorting into a few tails. Since there was so much negative energy, I felt a headache come by.

Naruto relentlessly went back at it again with Haku.

Biting my lip, I contemplated for a moment if I should help Haku or not. With a 'tch', I Flickered forward, taking Haku by the arm and Flickering away. We were just in time to dodge one of Naruto's attacks. "Why...why are you helping me?" Haku skeptically sized me up and down. I sighed, eyes leaving his mask and trailing over Naruto's enraged form. "I don't know Haku... I don't know..." 

"How do you know my name?" he implored. "Now is not the time. Your life is at stake." I answered, Flickering to where Naruto resided.

"Naruto, it's me! Your...your best friend! Hey, listen to me, this isn't--" One of the tails raised into the air, preparing to slam down onto me. I quickly evaded with a jump, fleeing to where Sasuke's body lay. I was about to pick him up and take him somewhere safer, until I took notice of Haku. He was battling it out with Naruto, nearly getting decapitated. There was another crack as more ice mirrors shattered. 

I broke into a sprint, tired from Flickering and fleeing around so much. Fatigue was finally showing its ugly face, and at the wrong time too. My legs burned as I sprinted at top speed. I needed and wanted to put a stop to this, for neither boys deserved to fight each other. Naruto threw a jab at Haku. 

Clang!

Naruto paused mid-step, the red Chakra dispersing. I fell to my knees in front of Haku who lay on the ground. His mask lay a few feet away, nearly forgotten. "Haku..." His face was finally revealed. Not a mask nor a disguise, but his true, genuine, beautiful face. Even though his eyes were dulled and his lips leaked blood, I thought he looked absolutely gorgeous, which is probably not the best moment to be saying things like that. "You...from that time..." Naruto stammered. "Why...why stop? Even though I killed your dear friend, you can't kill me?" Naruto's lips slightly parted as he spared a long look at Sasuke's corpse.

He leaned over me, landing another punch at Haku. He landed on his back helplessly, a stoic expression coating his emotions. "Damn it!" Haku coughed, blood splattering from his lips. "What happened to the force from a moment ago? You can't defeat me with that kind of strength. Wasn't he someone special to you?" said Haku, slowly standing.

"Many people misunderstand. They pity and don't finish off the enemy they ought to finish. Just like your friend here." He pointed at me. "They let them survive. To me, that isn't compassion or anything. Do you know how it feels to not be needed by anyone, the both of you? To live day to day without a dream...? The pain of it all...."

"What are you saying?" Naruto questioned. "Zabuza has no use for a weak Shinobi. You guys took away my reason for existence." I knitted my brows, standing up with a deep frown. "Why? Why do you have to serve a guy like that?" Naruto chorused. "He gets the money from thugs to do bad things! Is that No Brow the only person special to you?!" Naruto screamed, his breath heavy and shallow with anger.

Haku's gaze met his feet for a moment before he looked us in the eyes. "A long time ago, I had other people special to me. They were my parents. I was born in the Land of Water, in a small village heavy with snow. My parents worked on a small farm. We were very poor, but my parents seemed to he satisfied with it. I was happy then... They were loving parents. But...when I was old enough to understand things, something happened."

I stared at my shoes, as if they were the most important thing in the world. "Something?" Naruto pried. "What happened?" Haku dabbed at a crimson blotch near his lips. "My blood..."

"Blood?" Naruto furrowed his brows. "Go on! Tell me what happened!"

"My father... He killed my mother. Then he tried to kill me." Naruto's eyes widened. "Huh?!"

"After the experience of the ceaseless civil war, people with Kekkei Genkai were hated and feared in the Land of Water." 

"Kekkei Genkai?" 

"It's special powers or Jutsu passed through certain clans, from parent to child, or grandparent to grandchild. Because of their special powers, those of the clans were exploited in all sorts of battles. As a result, all Kekkei Genkai were feared as harbingers of disaster and death. After the war was over, they decided to hide their special powers.

"If anyone knew of their secret, only death could be expected. I'm sure that boy and your friend went through so much suffering as well. The greater your power, the more you were feared. My mother had the Kekkei Genkai. She kept it secret from my father. She hoped that for a while... No, she must have thought that they could have a simple life forever. However, father had discovered our secret.

"When I came to, I had killed my own father. And that moment, what I thought of myself was that...no, that is what I had to think. And then I knew that it was the most painful thing."

"The most...painful thing...?"

"That I...that my existence didn't matter to anyone else in the world. You told me that you'll be the best Ninja in the village and make everyone respect you. If someone comes along and accepts you for who you are, no one could be more important to you than that person." Naruto's eyes flickered over me, then turning his attention back to Haku. "Even though he knew I was from a clan with Kekkei Genkai, Zabuza took me in. My power at everyone hated, he wanted it, needed it." A look of sorrow settled itself into Haku's beautiful doe-like eyes.

"I was so happy..." He paused, a bittersweet smile spreading on his lips. "I apologize, Zabuza. I wasn't good enough to be the tool you were looking for."

Haku walked toward Naruto and I. "(Y/n), Naruto-kun. I want you to kill me." I bit my lip, meeting his eyes shakily. "What are you hesitating for?" Haku questioned. "No... What you said is ridiculous! You're a weapon? Just a tool for him? How can you call him special to you? Are you really okay with that?" I put a hand on Naruto's shoulder.

"Naruto..." I trailed off.

"I've lost my usefulness that affirmed my existence. Zabuza no longer needs me. That's why, I am now appealing to you. Please, make it quick." Haku said.

Naruto's expression hardened. "There must be some other way for you to make the others accept you!" 

"Remember when we met at the forest? Do you know what I thought? That you and I are much alike. I'm sure you both can relate to me. I've observed you too, (Y/n). You are different, but remind me of myself in ways I can not explain." Haku muttered. "I apologize for dirtying your hands."

"Is that it? Is there really no other way?" Naruto shakily questioned. He was beginning to tear up, lip trembling and all. There was a long pause. 

"I'll do it." I declared. Naruto's eyes widened. "What? No, (Y/n)-chan, you can't--"

I whipped out a kunai from my weapon holster. "My hands are already soiled, so you have nothing to worry about, Haku. Any last words?" I calmly said, gripping my kunai with a tight frown. "What is your true name?" I licked my chapped lips. "My true name...?" Haku nodded, unfazed by meeting Death at any moment. "My name is--"

Just as I was about to answer, Haku's eyes regained its light. "Forgive me, (Y/n)-chan..." Haku mumbled, weaving signs. "I cannot die yet!" With a swift move, he disappeared. I let out a surprised gasp, eyes widening. "Oh, no, no, no, no..." I scanned the area for Kakashi-sensei and Zabuza. Breaking into a sprint, I stumbled over my own two feet, ignoring Naruto's cries. I could hear the high-pitched chirps of the Chidori and a menacing voice speak through the noise. I followed it as closely as I could, sensing the energy strengthen as I went on. 

Squinting through the mist, I made out two blurry figures. If I Flickered in front of Zabuza, I could save Haku... But, do I have the strength? I gathered as much Chakra as I could muster. It was either now or never. Just as I was about to Flicker in front of Haku, an ice mirror appeared in front of me, obscuring my view and causing me to pause in my steps. I quickly made my way around it, only to slap my hands over my mouth. Haku's blood fell from his chest in clumps as he fell to the ground. I felt my eyes prick with hot tears as my lip began to tremble.

"You did great, Haku." Zabuza complimented sickly. Zabuza leaped into the air, readying his sword to bring down over Kakashi's head.

"Even in his final moment, he gave me such a perfect opportunity!" 

Just as Kakashi was about to turn into Marco, he jumped up into the air with his arm still lodged in Haku's chest, quickly avoiding Zabuza's sword. "Haku died and you were able to move, huh?" Zabuza said. 

"I...I won't forgive you!!" Naruto shouted. "Naruto! You just stay there and watch!" Kakashi ordered, laying down Haku.

"This is my battle!" Kakashi exclaimed.

From across the bridge, Sakura spotted us. "Naruto! (Y/n)! It's good to see you!" Sakura shouted joyfully. I turned my back to her, walking over to where Haku's body lay. "Where's Sasuke?" I frowned deeply, fighting back tears that threatened to fall. Heaving in a deep breath, I turned my head up to the sky, blinking back tears. 

"Oh! You really got it this time. You disappoint me, Zabuza." I heard Gato say. Behind him were his henchmen, armed with swords and such. I shakily stood, composing myself and wiping my snot on my sleeve.

"Gato, why did you come here? And who are those henchmen?" Zabuza demanded. "Our strategy has changed a little..." Gato tapped his wooden cane on the ground. "I'm sorry about this Zabuza, but you will die here."

"What?" 

"Since hiring a regular Shinobi costs a lot of money, I hired rouge Ninjas like you. And, it would have been even more ideal to save my money and effort if Ninja-to-Ninja battles ended in each killing the other off. Well, you are certainly not worthy of being called the Demon of the Hidden Mist Village. If you were to ask me, you're just a cute little demon!" Gato boasted.

His henchmen all laughed in unison, as if they rehearsed it.

"Kakashi... I apologize. Our fight ends here... As long as my reason to take down Tazuna is gone, there is no reason to fight you either." Zabuza declared with a scowl. "Yeah...you are right." Kakashi agreed. Gato walked towards Haku's body. "That reminds me... I owe him something." Gato landed a kick to Haku's head.

"He squeezed my arm 'til it broke..." He kicked Haku again, his head lolling around on the ground. "Huh, he's dead." I whipped out a kunai. "Don't you dare touch Haku!" I shouted, about ready to decapitate him like the good 'ol days during the French Revolution.

"What do you think you're doing?" Kakashi frantically called out. He appeared by my side, wrapping his hand around my arm and pulling me away. I struggled against his grip until he wrapped both arms around me like a strait jacket. "Stop! Don't act so recklessly...!" 

"OI! Zabuza! Why won't you fucking defend him?! He was your comrade -- no, your friend!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "Shut up, girl. Haku is already dead."

"Do you feel no remorse?!"

"As Gato used me, I was simply using Haku." Zabuza explained. "I thought I told you... We Shinobi are merely tools. What I wanted were his skills not Haku himself. I have no regrets..." Naruto's expression fell. "Do you... Do you really mean that?" he questioned. Kakashi put a hand on his shoulder, releasing me from his grip. "Naruto, stop. There's no need to fight him anymore... Besides..."

Naruto harshly pushed Sensei away. "Shut up! My enemy is still...this one!" He shouted, pointing at Zabuza. "You know, Zabuza, Haku cared deeply for you, right? He put his life on the line, asked me to kill him by my own hands because he thought he wasn't useful enough for you! Do you not understand how much that truly means?!"

Naruto shook his head. "You really, honestly don't feel anything at all? When a person becomes as strong as you... Does that person really behave like that?" Naruto shakily questioned, his voice softer than before.

"Throwing his life away like that for you... Yet look at this. It was all for naught, wasn't it? He died as a tool, not as a human being whom cared for you. A mere tool...do you know how painful that is?" I demanded, talking with my hands. Zabuza's gaze turned to the sky. "You two... Don't say anything anymore. Haku was... He wasn't just thinking of me. He was feeling pain inside for both of you while he battled you guys too... I know... He was too kind... I'm glad we could fight with both of you at the end."

I began sniffling at his words, feeling tears gather in my eyes once again. I didn't want to cry, no, I couldn't cry. I was a warrior, a soldier, a kunoichi; and none of those types of people cry. Zabuza's gaze landed on me, revealing the tears that fell from his sorrowful eyes. "Yes, both of you, it's as you say, after all...Shinobi are human too... Maybe it's impossible to become an emotionless tool... I've lost." He paused. "Kid! Give me the Kunai knife." Zabuza said. I sniffled, tossing it to him. "Okay..."

The man caught it in his mouth, launching himself towards Gato and his men. "What?!" Gato yelled. "Enough! Take them down!"

"Right!"
"Are you crazy?"
"Do you think you can win by yourself against this many of us?"

Zabuza was in the crowd, killing off as many people as he could with the one Kunai in his mouth. He was stabbed by multiple times but didn't give up. Zabuza eventually cut through and made his way to Gato. "D-demon!" With one stab of the Kunai, Gato was impaled in the chest. Soon after, he was pierced with swords. "If you're so anxious to join your friend... you go ahead...alone!" Gato ordered.

"Unfortunately... I don't...intend on going...to the same place...as Haku!" 

"W-what?! Pretending to be so tough..." Gato muttered. "You're going to hell with me! It's no big deal... When the Demon of the Hidden Mist Village dies and goes to hell, he can become a real demon. Look forward to it! I'll let you find out for sure if I'm a cute little demon or not in hell!" Zabuza declared angrily.

With a few slashes, Gato fell to the ocean, struggling against its current before disappearing into the land down under. With a small "clink!", Zabuza dropped the Kunai and walked forward. "Haku..." He fell to his knees. "Now...it's goodbye, Haku... Thanks for everything...I'm sorry."

"Don't look away. It's the end for a man who lived fiercely." Kakashi muttered to Naruto. I stared at the two on the ground as Zabuza's tears hit the ground. 

"(Y/n)! Naruto! Sasuke's all right! He's alive!" Sakura exclaimed in joy. I whipped around, fiercely wiping my eyes. In an instant, Duckbutt avoided our gazes, instead, just waving. A smile spread across Naruto's face as tears sprung from his eyes. "So, Sasuke's alright too... That's a relief...." Kakashi muttered. 

"Oi, oi, oi! You guys are too relaxed!"

"Darn Ninja! Killing our source of money!"

"Now that it comes to this, there's no choice but to attack e whole town and take everything valuable!"

"Shoot, this isn't good." Kakashi mumbled, turning his attention back to the rouge nin. "Kakashi sensei! Don't you have a Jutsu to annihilate them all at once?" Naruto questioned. 

"Here we go!" 

They charged, soon stopping as an arrow was shoot from the air. "Enemies who come any closer to the island... With the might of all the island's people...will not be allowed to live!" a small yet determined voice shouted.

"YEAHHHH!"

"Inari!" Naruto and I called out. "He! Heroes always arrive on the scene late!" He exclaimed happily. "Inari...you guys..." Tazuna said, tearing up. "Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!" Naruto exclaimed. "I can do that even with my scarce Chakra... At least, it will bluff... Kage Bunshin no Jutsu! Kakashi Version!"

"So...are you ready to fight?!" Inari demanded with a grin. The henchmen let out girly screams before all running away. "No, we're not!" Some jumped into the ocean, splashing and sputtering. "We did it!"

Cheers and screams of victory resounded throughout the area, echoing throughout the whole island.

Snow slowly began falling from the sky as Kakashi carried Zabuza over to Haku.  

"Snow...at this time of year?" Kakashi lay Zabuza down next to Haku as, I swear, I can hear piano music. I wonder...

"Haku, are you crying?" Zabuza questioned quietly. "You were always at my side... At the very least... I can be at your side in the end. If it's possible... I'd like to go...to the same place...as you." Zabuza whispered, cupping Haku's cheek. The sun's rays shone on the two, making the scene look even more heartbreaking than it already was. "This guy... He was born in a village where it snowed a lot." Naruto stammered as tears streamed down his cheeks.

"I see..." Sensei said. "He was a boy as pure as snow..." I whispered quietly. "You'd be able to go, Zabuza. The two of you...together." Zabuza's eyes met mine, a soft smile gracing his lips. "You know, Haku told me he knew you were special..." I furrowed my brows slightly. "And now I see why." He paused for a moment, just staring at the snow as it hit his cheeks. "In my back pocket..." he said. I made my way over to him and sat on my knees, unbuttoning his pocket. "...for you..." I pulled out a scroll, which I cradled as if my life depended on it. "Thank you, Zabuza."

Making a split decision, I leaned down and cupped a hand over his ear and my lips. "When you see Haku, tell him my name is (C/n)." I slowly stood back up just in time to see Zabuza peacefully close his eyes. 

"Rest, Haku, Zabuza. May you forever be at peace." 

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

6.2K 139 15
Naruto and Sasuke grow up as close brothers under one adoptive mother. Life isn't so bad after all...until Mother is taken. Family love/(maybe someth...
38.1K 1K 36
"I have... always lied to you and asked for your forgiveness while keeping you at a distance. Because I wanted to keep you out of this. But now I thi...
476K 18.1K 37
Kakashi has a younger brother who had defected after the chunin exams, yet he doesn't know the reason why he would ever make such a decision. But lit...
417K 14.6K 30
Forsake- to quit or leave entirely: Forsaken- abandoned or deserted. Naruto Namikaze, Sasuke Uchiha, and Sakura Haruno. Three members of team seven...