The Billionaire's Wife (SAMPL...

By MJ_Cristine

Clarise Abegail is the only daughter of the Reyes's and one of the wealthiest family in the Philippines. She... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
!! PLEASE READ !!
!! PROMOTIONAL NOTE !!

PROLOGUE

8.7K 192 4
By MJ_Cristine

Ten Years Ago...

Clarise Abegail is the only daughter and heir of Adam and Claire who owned chains of resorts in the Philippines. Most of her life was spent through endless interviews, smiling in front of flashing cameras here and there and making her personal life close to impossible.

Now that she finally completed her High school Clarise wanted a changed of scenery. She's thrilled that her future will be as exciting as this day but then she hasn't told her parents about her decision. She just hoped that she will be able to convince them since it has been her desire to do.

"Congratulations baby girl!" Her dad welcomed her as soon as she stepped out of the stage.

Abegail got her oval facial structure with a cleft chin from Adam while and the rest of the genes were from Claire. She has wavy brunette hair just above her shoulder; brown almond eyes with thick lashes; a Grecian nose that drops straight down from the forehead and a full lip. Her skin is white but not pale and she stands about 5 inches and 7 feet.

"We're so proud of you!" Her mom hugs her.

Her parents met in Chicago where her father spends his one month holiday in Chicago with friends while her mother with her parents. They bumped into each other's shoulder at the alley of the hotel and became friends quickly. Since then they started communicating through letters and after one year her father decided to come to Arizona where her mother is living with her parents. Her father directly seeks permission to her mother's parents to marry their daughter. A year later Abegail was born they returned to the Philippines to take over the family business including all the assets and wealth to their only son.

At the age of 23, her father turn out to be the youngest entrepreneur in Philippines while her Mom Claire at 21 was an Interior Designer but even how busy their schedules are they still managed to spend time with their daughter.

"Thanks Dad, Mom." Abegail hugged her parents.

"Let's go home so we can celebrate I bet Jena has prepared all your favourite food Hija (daughter)." Lucy walks ahead of them to their car.

As soon as they got home Abegail was surprised to see some of her distant cousins and relatives and few friends that she gets along with. They gave her a bear hug and give her presents as soon as she got in that she didn't even have time to put her things down. The guests enjoy the food that is being catered by the best caterer in the city; others were listening or dancing to the disco mobile set up at nearby the pool while others were plainly sitting on their seats talking. All in all it was a great night that Abegail enjoyed.

Their Mansion is an exquisite Contemporary design with a living area of 21,700 square feet; a centralized airconditioned; one master suite and spacious ensuite, three guest bedrooms and five bedrooms with own toilets and baths; gourmet kitchen and one big swimming pool located at the side yard; three garages and a spacious main gate where there are two standby by securities.

"I hope you enjoy the party baby girl." Her dad was behind her as soon as she closed the main door of their house.

"Dad, of couse thank you I wasn't really expecting that." Abegail's heart beat went back to normal speed.

"What exactly you didn't expect the party or me?" Adam saw she almost jumped in fear.

"The party because I thought it's just a simple family dinner." Abegail is holding her chest.

"You are our only daughter and you deserve the best. Do you really think I'll settle for a normal celebration?" Her dad statement makes Abegail shook her head and is now relax.

"Yeah I guess not. Is Mom still up?" Abegail takes her clutch bag on their living room.

"She's actually waiting us at the study room now." Adam informed her.

"Let's go then dad, we sure don't want to keep her waiting." Abegail linked her arm with her dad.

There is one glamorous crystal chandelier that is hanging on the ceiling just beside the staircase with a height of 6 feet. The sliding windows are draped with think plain gray curtains accenting the white walls and granite tiles.

The study room is fully carpeted and the desk is made of mahogany along with the chairs. The room is also Abegail's favourite place in the house since it's where she usually spends time reading or studying since the view from the window is facing the scenery of a mountain from a far distance.

"Hi Hija, did you had fun tonight?" Her mom's voice chips in.

"Hi Mom, yah I did thank you so much." Abegail went to sit beside her mom after she gestured her to sit.

"So have you decided what you want to study for College baby girl?" Adam asked his precious one with so much pride in his eyes as they all took their seats.

"Yes Dad." Abegail replied eagerly.

"What is it then?" Claire eyes are filled with curiousity.

"I uhm..." She stammered for a bit.

"Just tell us Hija." Her mom encouraged her so she took this as her cue to voice out what she's been keen to tell.

"I want to study Medicine." She revealed tenderly.

"That is just so marvellous choice!" Her mom's face beamed.

"What school you want to go so we can process your enrollment." Her dad's follow-up question.

"I applied in University of Arizona." She watched her parents become stiff for a moment.

"Arizona?" Her dad recovered from the initial shock.

"Yes dad." She confirmed.

"When did this happen?" Her mom uttered.

"Six months before my graduation." Abegail tells them a little at a time.

"But there are also schools here that are great like Ateneo, UP or even LaSalle why can't you just study here?" Claire named the popular and expensive universities that she can think of.

"Mom, eversince I started walking or maybe even before I was born the public eyes are on me; everywhere I go or whatever I do they are always on my tail. I always ended up having a spot on interviews or I could be on the Entertainment news before I know it and I don't want it." Abegail provided her reasons.

"Because you are our only heir baby girl." Adam is so right about that fact.

"That's exactly the point Dad I am famous because I am your daughter and I can't change that. I love you both and I'm so thankful because you give me everything that I wanted but I don't want to live with your shadow." Abegail stood on her ground.

"Then what do you want baby girl?" Her dad studied her.

"I want to have a peaceful and normal life like other people have and be able to be recognized as me not because of who I am but I will never achieve that when I am here." Abegail prayed her parents will see it on her point of view.

"I'm sorry if you feel suffocated we didn't know that's how you feel if only you told us before we could have done something." Her mom speaks with pang of guilt.

"It's okay Mom I understand, you and Dad are always there when I need you but I hope you understand too that I really want to do this." Abegail persuade them more.

"Well you're already 18 and you're old enough to make your own choice." Claire sighed.

"Baby girl are you really sure about this?" Her dad's tone is still undecided.

"Yes Dad I thought of this even before I applied for the admission." Abegail nodded.

"Then you should start packing your stuff." Adam gave in to his daughter's wish.

"Really? You are not mad or disappointed at me?" Abegail seeks their reactions.

"Of course not! Sweetheart all we wanted is for you to be happy and if studying in Arizona is all it takes then you have our permissions." Her mom commented giving her shoulder a light squeeze.

"I love you Mom, Dad!" Abegail wanted to jump with joy right now.

"We love you so much too Hija." Her mom hugs her when Abegail walks towards her.

"Don't get too excited baby girl since I won't be there or any bodyguards with you therefore I want you to live with your Lolo (Grandfather) and Lola (Grandmother)." Her dad states his demands.

Abegail's Filipina-Spanish Grandmother Julia is married to her American husband named Matthew Barnes living in Scottsdale Arizona for forty years and the fruit of it is her mother.

"Yes Dad!" Abegail agreed without hesitation.

"I will call your Lola to tell her your flying there so she can arrange your place." Claire unzipped her bag to get her phone but Abegail stops her.

"Mom, Lola actually knows about my willingness to study abroad and she was the one who suggested that University since it's near their house." Abegail started biting her lip.

"Ah now I know why your Lola has been so eager to know about your choice of school." Claire concluded when she talks to her mother few days ago.

"When do you want to leave baby girl so I can book the ticket?" Her mom creased his forehead.

"A week from now?" Abegail is unsure if her dad will agree.

"It's too early baby girl!" Adam gets frantic after hearing the time frame.

"Dad I have the Path interview scheduled next month and I still need to do few things before that, please dad." Abegail tries her sweet voice that surely her father cannot refuse.

"I hate the idea dear but our daughter needs to settle down there first and be ready for the interview." Claire supported her doing the same thing.

"You're teaming up against me again." Adam grumbled seing the two women she loves dearly are swaying him with their best compelling smile.

"No dear, we are just stating the fact." Claire denied and definitely Adam proved that it is therefore coaxing.

"I can not break your heart baby girl so okay I will book the ticket." Her dad yields.

"Thank you Dad. You're the best!" Abegail grinned and captured her dad in her arms.

"You don't have to sugar-coat me more baby girl I will still book your ticket." Adam continued to pat her daughter's hair while smiling.

"Since it's settled let's all go to rest now it's almost half past eleven." Claire breaks their moment checked the time.

"Right, I also have an early business meeting tomorrow." The father and daughter released their arms.

"Great! Then Abby and I will go to the mall to shop for her things she needed for the trip." Claire suggested with gusto.

"Sure Mom." Abegail agreed straightaway.

After their conversation they bid goodnights and Abegail went to her room to list down the things she needs. It was almost around one in the morning her exhaustion hits her and the first night in two weeks that she slept peacefully.

The days past in a blur Abegail's ticket was already booked and they are now standing outside the waiting area of Centennial Airport together with their driver Rolly and Abegail's long-time nanny Jena.

"Are you sure you have everything in your luggage? Your passport, ticket, ids, the letter from the school, your credentials..." Her dad kept talking without a pause.

"Yes Dad." Abegail watched her father who is more panic than she is.

"I already called your school here and they will send me your Diploma then I'll mail it to you as soon as we got it." Adam added while holding her suitcase.

"Thank you Dad." Abegail hold the laughter seeing how her father is.

If only his clients and business partners knew how her father excessively talks they will definitely laugh at his behaviour right now.

"I bought you bubble gum for your ears to avoid the air pressure; in case you get cold inside the airplane get your coat ready; as soon as you checked in go to Mabuhay Lounge to eat...." Her dad keeps rambling

Adam knew thet her daughter cures her jetlag when she eats the gums so he made sure that she got loads of it. He also brought her a red coat intended for the weather in Arizona and he even called a good friend of his inside the Immigration to assist her daughter.

"Dad, relax you are so much tense worse than Mom is." Abegail giggled this time and couldn't hide her amusement.

"You're daughter is right you have been talking non-stop since we drove her." Jena, their house helper and Abegail's nanny expresses her opinion freely.

"Call us when we reached Arizona okay?" Adam once again reminds her.

"He is actually restless since last night Nanang (Mother) Jena." Claire supplemented.

"It's just natural for Adam; I can feel him we are both father and just by thinking our children will be away from us is maddening." Rolly, their driver backed up Abegail's father.

Rolly and Jena has been their house help and had two children one daughter and a son who are both married. Rolly having a twenty year gap with Adam formed a bound like father and son same with Jena and her mother. It was Jena who helped her mother cope up with parenting and helped raised Abegail.

"Thank you for defending me Tatang (Father) Rolly because for sure these women will conspire against me." Adam patted Rolly's shoulder.

"Still it's three against two, dad, Tatay (Father)." Abegail teased.

"Abegail remember the kids there are not the same here, they are too liberated, too straighforward. No boys, no late nights, no alcohol, don't hang out with wrong people and I don't want to hear that you're slacking your studies." Her dad was very upfront with those rules and she doesn't protest about that.

"Dad I'm going there to study not to socialize also I already had enough of it here." Abegail gives her affirmation.

"Your daughter is responsible and reliable so you have nothing to fear dear." Her mom went to her father's side.

"That's right Dad so don't worry I will do just fine." Abegail took her father's hand.

"I just can't help it this is your first time that you are leaving without us and out of the country." Her dad's voice is almost breaking.

"I know but my parents will be there besides we will visit her during occasions." Her mom convinced her dad.

"We will miss you baby girl." Adam kissed her forehead after letting go of the the push cart.

"We will see you on your birthday." Claire touched her cheek.

"Take care my dear Abby." Jena bid her farewell with teary eyes.

"I will Nanay (Mother) I will miss you and your delicious pancake." Abegail hugs her tight.

"I will miss you too." Rolly gave his tearful smile.

"I will miss you too Tatay, please take care of Nanay." Abegail went to Rolly this time.

"We love you Hija, try to get some sleep tonight okay?" Her mom moves towards her and hugs her with tearful eyes.

"I love you too Mom, Dad and thank you." Abegail hugged her parents with tears running down her face.

"Take care of yourself baby girl." Her dad gave her the tight and longest hug.

"You need to get in now sweetheart." Claire breaks their moment when they heard the announcement.

"I need to get in now." Abegail checked the time.

"Call us as soon as you landed." Her dad extended reminder.

"I will." Abegail let go of them and wheeled the cart all the way to the passenger's entrance.

As soon as she showed her ticket and passport, she got in and gave everyone last wave before she got lost on their sight. 

============================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 38K 56
An arranged marriage romance novel. Pretty cliche, completed! ** Could love ever be a part of an arranged marriage? Eleanor Hays never chose to be a...
3.5M 296K 55
When Alaia married the billionaire, Agastya Singhania, she was okay to be stepped in a loveless marriage. She knew from the start that she'd always...
3.1M 99.5K 44
Arranged marriage, it doesn't occur as much in this modern society. Or so people think. In reality, it would shock you how high the numbers are...
7.2K 168 24
I want the record to reflect that I didn't want this marriage. My husband is wealthy, which was a relief initially, but he is also friends with some...