Interstellar // Leonard McCoy...

By -rockofages

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space." In which a girl and her s... More

prelude
Trailer
music
epigraph
unofficial rules of the enterprise
part one
zero
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
fourteen
part two
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
part three
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
A Note From The Author

thirteen

2.3K 118 16
By -rockofages

"I want to get away, I want to fly away."

Out of sheer panic, Alex, Jim and Spock all whipped out their phasers and began firing at the incoming Romulans. They jumped past consoles, dodging enemy fire. All three of them fired back at the incoming blasts, ducking and covering each other as they took turns firing. The three took cover and fired at everything coming their way.

"Ayel!"

They all snapped their heads forward as they saw two Romulans heading for what might have been the Narada's bridge. Alex and Jim fired at both of them, and one got away while the other went down. Spock kneeled down to the two of them.

"I'll cover you." Jim whispered.

"Are you sure?" Spock asked.

"I got you."

Both Jim and Alex set their phasers to kill as Spock stealthily made his way over to the unconscious Romulan and pressed his fingers to its face to perform a mind meld. Jim and Alex stood up and followed Spock. Alex shot an incoming Romulan and Jim kneeled down to Spock for answers.

"Did you find it?" Jim asked. The black hole device?"

"And Captain Pike." Spock answered sternly."

"He's alive?" Alex exclaimed, earning shushes from both of them. She chased them both down as Spock clearly knew something they didn't. Spock ran right on board the lone ship in the bay and the other two followed right in, checking to make sure they weren't seen.

"I foresee a complication. The design of this ship is far more advanced than I anticipated." Spock studied the technical aspects of the ship.

"Voice print and face recognition activated. Welcome back ambassador Spock." An overhead comm system was activated.

"Wow, that's weird." Jim shrugged it off like it was nothing, heading towards the cockpit of the ship.

"Computer. What is your manufacturing origin?" Spock asked.

"Stardate 2387. Commissioned by the Vulcan Science Academy."

Spock and Alex glanced at each other for a second before going to find Jim, who was observing the cockpit.

"It appears that you have been keeping important information from me." Spock snapped immediately.

"You'll be able to fly this thing, right?" Jim stood face to face with him.

"Something tells me I already have."

"Good luck, you two." Jim began to turn away.

"Wait, Jim!" Alex called after him, growing increasingly nervous. "Please be safe."

"Jim... the statistical likelihood that our plan will succeed is less than 4.3%." Spock contradicted.

"You're staying with him, Alex. It'll work."

"In the event that we do not return, please tell Lieutenant Uhura..."

"James..."

"Spock, Alex, IT'LL WORK."

Alex rolled her eyes as Spock took a seat in the pilot's chair. The chair began to turn and Spock admired the future Vulcan technology. "Fascinating." The ship rumbled to a start and slowly raised itself off of the ground. Alex clutched on to the seat as Spock steered the ship out of the Narada, leaving Jim behind. She pulled her communicator out of her belt and sighed as she could not connect to anything. 

"The drill must be in place. I have no chance of getting in touch with the crew or Starfleet." Alex told Spock.

The Vulcan steered through the depths of the ship, firing at the airlock to bust through the end of the ship. They braced themselves for impact, and when they finally broke through, there was a fiery explosion. The ship jerked, and they were on a course for Earth.

In the distance, there was a two-tone line cutting through the sky, down to the ocean.

"There." Alex pointed to it. "That has to be it."

"You are correct, Doctor."

Spock steered the ship closer to the drill, firing an arsenal of torpedoes at it. Alex marveled at the design as it fell from the sky, crashing loudly into the ocean.

"That was quick." Alex mumbled. 

Spock turned the ship around and beelined fro the Narada. His comm system opened back up and Nero's face appeared on a smaller screen.

"Spock, I knew I should have killed you when I had the chance."

"I hereby confinscate this illegally obtained ship and order you to surrender your vessel. You know the terms." Spock ordered.

"That ship! Take it out-" The Comms went dead and many torpedoes from the Narada were launched at their ship. Spock dodged a few as the rest followed. Alex let out a small shriek as she was thrown around the cabin.

"Doctor Watterson I recommend that you hold on to something as we are about to go to warp."

"Yeah I realized that." She nodded and held on tight to the back of his chair as Spock locked in the coordinates, zipping away from the torpedoes. 

"You know that they're going to follow us, Spock." Alex panicked.

"Yes, and I've plotted a course that will more than likely intercept the course of the Enterprise. With Mr. Sulu at the helm, and if my calculations are correct, we should intercept each other in approximately two minutes." He concluded. 

"Great."

Without warning, Spock dropped them out of warp, spinning them in a loop, and turning them back around in the direction they came from. 

"Spock, what are you-"

The Narada dropped out of warp right in front of them as Spock and Alex barreled right towards them. 

"Ambassador Spock, you are on a collision course."

Once again, the ship fired almost everything they had in their arsenal. The scanner picked up another ship coming towards them at maximum warp. 

"If the ship is hit, the red matter will be ignited."

"Understood."

Alex smirked as the scanner continued to beep uncontrollably. Just like Spock had predicted, the Enterprise dropped out of warp, guns blazing, taking out every single torpedo. Alex jumped up and down, watching the ship in action from the outside made her extremely giddy. But when Spock didn't stop hurtling towards the Narada, Alex grew increasingly worried.

"Are you trying to crash the ship?"

Spock didn't answer. The ship continued its course through the tentacles of the Narada. 

"Spock are you going to crash in purposely? Spock!"

Their ship flew closer and closer to the center of the Narada. Alex shut her eyes and heard the sounds of the swirling white light, meaning they were beaming back to the Enterprise. She let out a shaky breath as she was completely consumed with white light, listening to the explosion of the ship.

Within seconds, she heard cheers around her. Alex blinked open her eyes and saw the transporter room. Spock, Jim, and Pike all standing in front of her on different pads. 

"Nice timing, Scotty!" Jim called to the engineer, who laughed hysterically.

"I've never beamed four people from two targets on to one pad before!"

The transporter room door slid open, and Bones barreled right in, grabbing Pike's other arm, slinging it over his shoulder. Two other nurses accompanied him, helping Pike back to the medbay.

Alex stood on the pad alone a little while longer trying to compose herself. 

"That was pretty good, L...lassie?"

Scotty stood up from his post to help Alex walk down from the pad. "Ya'right?"

"Yeah." Alex looked up at him real quick before heading towards the medbay. She paced as fast as she could but when the double doors opened, everything seemed to move in slow motion.

She watched as nurses darted back and forth as Bones called out orders like it was just another day at the office. Pike was now in an induced coma on his bed.

'Must have done all sorts of bad shit to him' Alex thought.

"Doctor Watterson, are you hurt?"

She was startled out of her thoughts. Alex squeezed her eyes open and shut once, turning to Nurse Valdez. She shook her head and looked down at her hands, which were shaking uncontrollably. 

"Come with me." Valdez led her to a bed, and Alex climbed in mindlessly into it. She laid down so Valdez could properly examine her. Her hands still shook but she ignored it. She honestly didn't care. She did care that she almost died because of Spock. 

And no one could do a thing but beam her back at the last possible second, even if they didn't know her and Spock were about to die.

She glanced back to the other side of the medbay so she could watch Bones from afar. She wished he had said something to her like Uhura did to Spock. She was almost jealous. He was so good at his job. Much more experienced. Much older and much more mature than her. He was a sarcastic and grouchy drunk that she met on a shuttle on the outside, but on the inside, there was so much she yearned to know. She wanted to know why he had one of the kindest and most loyal hearts. What caused him pain? What made him happy? Why did he really become a doctor? How did he really feel about her? Was she just a coworker? Or a friend? Both?

But what about their one night stand? That was all it was, right? Or were they just testing the waters?

No.

If she knew anything about him over the last three years, it was that he was honest, no matter what the circumstance. Sober or not. He wouldn't lie to her about anything, right?

Whew. That was intense.

y'all can only guess how the next chapter is going to go😂😂😂😂

Spoiler alert: DRAMAAAAAAAAA

Be sure to comment, vote, share, and follow me for more updates from this story!! Xoxox.

~AB~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 5.9K 200
Imagines between the reader and various Star Trek characters. The characters I mainly write about are Chekov, Bones and Kirk but I can write about ot...
31K 738 25
Destiny Fawn's always dreamed of being in Starfleet, every since her mother was turned down, she's made it her dream to do what she never could. Majo...
2.9K 102 23
When the twins of a distant sun and moon are taken away from their home and separated, they begin to fear they will never see their family again. But...
9.4K 292 10
𝙅𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙏. 𝙆𝙞𝙧𝙠 𝘅 𝙔/𝙉 𝙋𝙞𝙠𝙚-𝙑𝙞𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙡 ʳᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ ______________ 𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙧 𝙏𝙧𝙚𝙠 2009 ______ 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘜.𝘚.𝘚 𝘌𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘴...