Never Together Never Apart...

By am_varshu

Many times in life we miss to be the person we actually are, because of the emotions we fail to control. T... More

Author's note
Prologue
THE SEA ISN'T CALM !
ANGELS ARE MEANT TO BE IN HEAVEN BABE.
character confession - 1
THIS CAN'T HAPPEN
Character confession - 2
TO THE SOUND OF HER SANDALS!
A SLOW BLINK !
FORMAL UTTERENCES.
THE MESS UP
A DAY OF JOY AND PRIDE
NOT NOW BUT FOREVER
WHY SO IGNORANT ?
THIS IS ETERNAL
AM NOT A COWARD.
YOU ARE OLD ENOUGH TO HANDLE IT!
CRAZY COMPANIONS
TRUE BOND NEVER BREAKS NO MATTER WHAT .
VIDYOTSAV 2016
DO YOU THINK I CANT SENSE THE DIFFERENCE IN YOU?
LET THE CLOUDS PASS
LIFE IS HARD BUT COMPARED TO NOTHING
KEEP IT SIMPLE
MYSTERY BEHIND AN IRONY
RESUMING THE CHAPTER THREE
THE END
Author's note.
Courtesy

IT'S SOUR. BUT WITH YOU, IT IS SWEET!

83 20 0
By am_varshu

" Hey you nailed it man. Seriously I was totally amazed. The way you tackled the tune swings without a slip or pause was pakka professional" Sanjana kept on praising him being impressed with his dance until he said,

" Hey! Hey! Enough yaar... its already cold out " as he rubbed his hands.

" Fun? " she threw a sharp stare at him and continued,

" Anyway, nice partnership. If am in shortage of money... I'll play guitar and will make you dance."

" Old joke. Okie isn't it getting late for you? How will you go home?"

" Am a hostelate so no probs. How about you?"

"Am a hostelate too. Stay safe buddy, don't feel insecure. Ask me for helps if any"

" Am not new to hostel yaar. I was a hostelate in 12th std too. But, thank you for your concern" She smiled.

"Oh! Then its you, who have to advice me. Coz, am a beginner " He said as if sad.

"Haha ! Well, Good luck then... coz we have the next round there" she winked.

"Awaiting. This ragging concept is indeed a great fun"

"Ahaan? Enjoy. Ok, Bye Rithwik. Will meet you tomorrow in the class."

"Sure. Bye. Take care" And they left.

The next few days of their college went in controversy to the first day. They just exchanged smile and few formal talks. On a Friday evening, as their classes got over and the students were dispersing...

"Sanjana are you free now? " Rithwik asked her as they came out of the classroom.

" Yes , but why?"

"Nothing. Just thought of spending some time with you. Shall we?"

"Sure, but let me go before 5.45. coz, if we aren't in before 6pm warden will create a mess"

"No no... don't worry we can leave by 5.30 itself " He assured.

"Fine. Then am in." She said enthusiastically.

"Would you mind coming to canteen with me? Am hungry. " He asked in a doubtful tone.

"why not? Am hungry too...Lets go" She said.

As they walked, Rithwik saw his gang of boys coming out of canteen. They asked Rithwik if he is coming to room he signed them to go and that he would come later. They almost neared the canteen still without a word and that is when Sanjana broke the silence,

"Rithwik?"

"Hmm??" he looked at her

"why are you behaving strange to me?" she pouted.

"strange? Me? No...why? "

"No, you would have just called me 'come lets go for canteen' but what is the work of that 'If you don't mind' here. That was too formal?" she almost stared at him furiously and he looked puzzled.

"Hey no yaar... I dint mean to be formal. I just asked"

She dint utter a word just threw a deep stare at him.

"ok ok... am sorry! Hereafter I wont ask you at all, I will just drag you to canteen ok?"

"That's more like a bestie" they hified

By then, they entered the canteen and occupied a table.

"so, what shall I order for you?" sanjana queried

"Anything of your choice" he said

"fine. Grape juice?"

"Done"

They ordered two grape juices and was waiting for the order. That is when Rithwik disclosed the biggest mystery in his mind.

"Sanjana... I Saw you in our counselling"

"I saw you too" she answered casually.

"I know. But why did you ignore me? No hi, not even a smile?" Rithwik shot back, shrinking his eyebrows.

"Hey wait. First of all it took 5mins for me to recognize you. Coz, the way you looked during our enterance exam was completely freak, whereas during counseling you looked completely formal. When I finally concluded that, it was you... you entered in and couldn't see you after that. Am sorry"

"ufff.... I thought you just ignored me" he said as if in relief.

"omg... initial stage of misunderstanding. Don't let it grow. Be frank and ask me whatever, don't think anything on your own" she said in a stiff tone.

"Haha sure. Juices are ready, let me get and come wait" He said and left to the counter.

Sanjana checked her mobile and found missed call from her mom. So, she called back and was talking for a while and finally,

"Love you" she said, and hung up the call

By the time she uttered those two words, Rithwik reached their table and kept the juice glasses, and of course heared her. He was too eager to ask her who was on the other side yet felt hesitant and remained silent. They both continued to be silent until sanjana initiated the talk,

"Rithwik, tell me about you and your family"

"ok fine. Let me complete about me first. Am a hardcore football lover, District player. Fitness freak. Foodie. Wander lust. I have too many friends and still sticks only with few people to roam aroud. Mom's pet, Dad's companion and bro's enemy. I don't have much of temper issues. Am a cool creature of course. But once am annoyed for anything the aftermath would be deadly and finally I love ice creams and people with sweet heart. That's all about me I guess. Coming to my family, we are four. Mom, Dad, Elder bro and Me. Dad is a lawyer , Mom Is a nutritionist and bro, Bharath Krishnan is a lawyer too, doing his intern with dad now." he completed with a smile.

"lovely" she smiled back

"so tell me about you"

"Done. Sanjana is a music addict. Whatever situation or mood it may be, music will be my first and best companion. Am an average guitarist. Loves reading good books. Not so fond of makeups. Attires freak. More specific in exploring people, places and movies. Likes to eat only when hungry. Otherwise, not even interested in food. I have a small yet very close circle of friends. To end up with, I love good arts and literatures. Nothing much about me. Family... we are four too. Mom, Dad, Bro. Dad is a civil engineer and bro, Arjun Vasudevan is an IT employee. Mom is a professor and I have an important person in my life, Madhurith (pic on the top).Mostly never gets missed in crowds, coz he is easily traceable for he is such a tall frame. He is of our age only. Doing his Robotics now. We are family friends. Since I had my sense, he is my friend. Major part of my life he is. No one robs me of my freedom in home. Even then, I take most of my decisions... ranging from little to huge only with their opinions " she completed, as she stirred her juice with her straw.

"That's all? " Rithwik asked as if she forgot to say something so important.

"of course that's all " she said in a confirming tone.

"boyfriend? " he asked hesitantly.

" Do I look like a commited girl" she stared at him

"No you don't. But..." he dragged and said " nothing. Sorry sanju I just asked" and resumed to drink his juice.

" haha... I know why you are suspicious now. That "love you" you heared me saying on a call was for my mom. Am not committed. Because I don't like it"

she finally clarified and he smiled so broad on hearing this.

"ok. Cool. Have your juice." He said.

As sanjana took her first sip, she shut her eyes tight and squeezed her lips, being unable to tolerate the sudden sourness.

"OMG! Rithwik, idiot this is too sour. How are you drinking it? "

"Haha... yah its too sour. But with you its sweet" He winked at her, gulping his last sip.

"Ahaaan??? Then drink this too" she said as she moved her glass towards him.

"Sure" he said and emptied the contents of that entire glass in a single gulp.

Sanjana awlooked with wide eyes and an evident confusion on her face.

"Rithwik... seriously, wasn't it sour? "

"Mental. The juice wasn't sour. You just had a Cadbaury rite? Then how come juice will taste sweet to you"

"ohhh!!! Yaaa " she gave an innocent look. "ok, its time shall we leave? " she tried to escape that scenario.

"Haha... yah yah, we can move. Shall I buy you something to eat in hostel?" Rithwik asked

"No No, I have enough. Bye. Meet you on Monday"

They left with a smile.

As Rithwik entered his room, his friends were looking strange and suspicious. They hussed "Hey Rithwik" one after other and became alert turning to the direction where Rithwik stood and was waiting eagerly for Rithwik to open his mouth.

"Guys... whats wrong with you people now? Why are you behaving strange? "

"Don't act Mr.Romeo. We caught you red handed today. I've seen you talking with Sanjana only once or twice in class. But how did you convince her to come to canteen with you so soon? Whats up between you both now? "  Vaibhav, one among his friends questioned.

"chiiii... stupids. Why so kiddy? I know Sanjana even before joining here. We met at an enterance exam center. That's it. Infact she is my first friend in this place. Clear? " he said and kicked his friend muttering "funny idiots" and laid flat on his bed.

All his friends exchanged sheepish looks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158 30 14
As a young girl I was sent away to an agency so they could protect me because of the dangers within my powers. My powers were so resourceful and magi...
50.8K 4.3K 53
Unbeknownst to everyone surrounding her, Nora remembers everything except for the fateful accident that caused her to lose her memories in the first...
71 4 12
One bad choice can change an outcome and set off a chain of events that can destroy worlds. One coin has two sides... Light and Dark, Good and Bad...
4.7K 246 25
I'm weak and broken, tormented by monsters that keep reaching for me, touching my body, hurting me, living marks on my skin and soul. I don't know h...