Blood runs cold

By evil_arrow_regal

Sequel to "summer lovin". Big thanks to @selcouthsoul for making this amazing cover. Caitlin somehow survive... More

Chapter one: waking up
Chapter 2: going home
Chapter 3:differences
Chapter 4: secrets
Chapter 5: seaking help
Chapter 6: movie night
chapter 7: Nearly caught
Chapter 8: No more hiding the truth
Chapter 10: killer frost
Chapter 11: revenge
Chapter 12: realization
Chapter 13: to far gone
Chapter 14: locked away
Chapter 15: bad news
Chapter 16: your name is caitlin
Chapter 17: I'll never give up on you
Chapter 18: I promise
Chapter 19: setting plans
Chapter 20: popcorn fights
Chapter 21: "your song"
Chapter 22: wild night
Chapter 23: actions have consequences
Chapter 24: wiped cream fights
Chapter 25: A Little Persuasion
Chapter 26: Telling the news
Chapter 27: training
Chapter 28: the perfect dress
Chapter 29: forgiveness
Chapter 30: thank you
Chapter 31: happy endings

Chapter 9: The truth

1K 45 1
By evil_arrow_regal

Caitlin's POV

"Barry, I'm so, so sorry I didn't tell you earlier."

He couldn't even look at me as he asked me, "what kind of powers?"

"The cold kind." I said and I held my hands up as a white mist began radiating off of them.

"How long have you known about these?" He asked with hurt in his voice.

"Almost a month." I said ashamed.

"A month? A month you have known about these powers and not a single word about them?!"

"I'm so sorry," I began to cry. "Barry."

"Does anyone else know?"

"Cisco." I told him. "But Barry, I thought he could help."

"No Caitlin! We could've figured this out together!"

"I know! And I'm sorry!" I was yelling without even realizing I was doing so.

"Sorry? What are you sorry about? The fact that you didn't tell me, or the fact that I found out?!"

This made me think. What was I truly sorry about. I wanted to tell him, but at the same time I didn't. I hoped Cisco and I could figure out how to get rid of them before I needed to tell him.

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. I closed my mouth and opened it again. This time what came out was the faintest whisper, " I'm sorry." I didn't need to say anything else, he knew what I meant.

"That's what I thought." He was no longer yelling but heartbroken. He grabbed his jacket off the back of the couch and started for the door.

I ran and grabbed his arm, "where are you going?"

"I don't know."

"When will you be back." I began to cry

"I don't know." He pulled his arm out of my hand and walked out the door.

I started crying harder then I have ever cried before. I fell to the ground and sat against the wall with my face in my hands and my knees to my chest. I cried until I had no tears that could escaped from my eyes.

As a sat and cried I felt the anger begin to build up inside. I pulled my face from my hands and when my vision cleared of the tears I saw that the floor and wall I was sitting on was frozen over.

I wiped my eyes and made a decision: I'm not going to feel this pain ever again.

Barry's POV

I needed to clear my head and the best way I know how to do that is to run. I ran and ran until my legs could no longer carry me. When I run it's one of the best feelings in the world, but not today. Today the running was the opposite. I felt heavy and slow. It's was as though I was being dragged down by the heaviness of my heart. My vision was cloudy with the tears that I was trying my hardest to suppress.

I spent what felt like hours running. Running and thinking. After about four hours I realized that I understand why she didn't tell me. She was scared. She still is.

Then I realized that I left her alone and that is the last thing I want for her; Especially now.

I ran back to her as fast as I could. I ran faster than I ever have before.

I ran into the apartment and opened the door. I threw my jacket down as I yelled out for her. "Caitlin, I'm home. I'm so, so sorry I left like that. I just need to clear me head." But there was no answer.

Then, I looked around and saw that the half of the apartment has been frozen over. "Oh no." I ran throughout the entire apartment but she was nowhere to be found. "What have I done?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 2.4K 31
Nora has always bent the truth to get her way or to complete a mission, but this lie could ultimately erase Carry from existence. - Artwork custom ma...
8.6K 171 27
Barry and Caitlin have been friends for a while now. Something that no one knows is that they have both developed feelings for each other. Neither of...
22.9K 616 25
Nora West-Allen travells back in time to spend time with her parents before everything got messed up. Her life turned upside down, her mother and fat...
11.5K 226 22
In this story H.R. dies instead of Iris. Because of that Savitar creates a new timeline and dies from the paradox right after killing him. Lover of H...