Artemis

By shayschiesler

Artemis Lily is a witch in a werewolf town, and it seems like she's the only one that knows that. Running fr... More

just a warning
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
Willow

17

10K 396 85
By shayschiesler

I didn't mean for everything to end in flames. I didn't mean for the pack house to get burnt down, and I certainly never meant to break Jaxon completely. But I did, and I don't regret anything.

-

The sun woke me up this morning, blinding and making me realize that I was practically on top of Jaxon. Naked.

While he was naked.

While I've had sex with him, and both of us knew our horrible back ground history, it still felt weird to wake up practically right over his groin. Not that he minded, I'm sure.

The next thing I realized, was the sounds of screams. My eyes shut momentarily just as a shrill shout pierced the air and forced my eyes to slam open, scrambling off of Jaxon and waking him in the process.

"Art?" Right as he asked me his eyes glazed over and he shot out even faster than me, not even bothering to put clothes on as he raced out of the home and shifted midair.

Unfortunately, I didn't have the same luxury. I couldn't walk around naked and randomly shift into a big dog whenever I wanted.

I forced myself to throw on clothes as fast as I could before scrambling downstairs with my bow and arrow drawn. I saw wolves everywhere, surrounding us and fighting in both human and wolf form. I could smell the rotting flesh that gave the Rogues away even with my normal sense of smell, and tried to figure out why the hell they didn't alert us first.

I grit my teeth and skirted around the fighting forms, raising my bow to the hidden forms of Hunters in trees. I shot out two arrows, watching the silent dead bodies fall onto the dirt below. I needed to find Ares and send him back to where he belongs, holding up the sky. It was his punishment, and he should carry it.

I grit my teeth as I finally reached the center of the battle, my eyes narrowing on a huge black wolf throwing Rogue after Rogue from his path. I smiled before smelling the wind, looking up to the cliff over head watching the entire scene play out.

I killed the Hunters that crossed me, slitting their throats and impaling arrows into the chests of those I couldn't swipe with my knife. I climbed up the stony path, blood trickling from my palms as I finally stood up fully and looked at him, his dark eyes smirking as he stared at my dirty and bloody body.

"Ares, you need to leave. You're causing all of this, for what? Your sick and twisted games you like to play." He just smirked, his eyes wandering over the field before him.

"You can't do anything. You're just a little witch who has some blood running through her that makes her a bit more powerful." He turned to fully look at me, his black eyes boring into me. I wanted to cower away from him and stab him repeatedly, all at the same time. "You can't force me back into my place, the only one that can is Zeus, and he doesn't give a shit. None of the Gods do."

He was completely correct, none of the Gods do. They never did, they didn't care about the earth or their children, they only cared about the people they wanted to have sex with and themselves. They didn't even care for me, and. I was practically their child that lived with them for hundreds of years.

As he spoke thunder rolled, and wind blew worse than I had felt in years. It whipped around us as lightening flashed above us, and I grinned at him. I watched the blood slowly drain from his face while I raised my palms and flashed lightening directly in the middle, raising it high above my head.

"I will take you back where you belong." I growled as I blew my lightening directly at him, watching it erupt across his body. The clouds moved and parted high above us while thunder and lightening clashed.

Ares lifted the rocks below me and threw me back, my body rolling as I gripped onto the dirt. I shoved my hand into the dirt and grew vines up out of the floor, wrapping them around his body and pulling him as close to the ground as I could.

"You are not worthy of the name Hecate, you are not worthy of those powers we fed you!" I practically roared as I hit him over and over again with lightening, watching it cross over his skin and light up his veins.

"Enough!"

I looked up to find Zeus standing with both Poseidon and Hades flanking him, the big three. In reality, they were the biggest assholes out of all of them. I cocked my head, watching their thunderous steps towards us.

"Thought you weren't going to help Zeus?" He rolled his eyes at me, eyeing Ares who was still wrapped in my vines along the ground.

"I changed my mind when he took something from me." He reached between my vines and pulled out a flashing bolt with a metal strip directly in the center. It folded up in his palm and sucked itself within his veins.

"Are you going to take him? Because I can't kill him, and I have Rogues and Hunters I have to take care of." I nodded to the fighting in the field below us, where I saw clashing wolves and humans.

Zeus wrapped his arm around Ares threat, lifting him out of my vines effortlessly. He squeezed his skin tightly, the color of his face changing to a dark red and purple hue. "You have to live out your punishment till the end of time Ares, now come along."

He dropped him, eyeing as he scrambled and tried to stand up fully. Zeus zapped him once again with electricity, every step Ares took being pure agony. The clouds parted as they climbed into the air, taking the sunlight with them. They left the clouds and rain, lightening flashing and hitting parts of the ground below.

I practically leaped off the over hanging cliff to the fighting below, swiftly moving between the wolves and Hunters that overtook our land. We looked to be making a dent in their hordes that kept coming, wave after wave of snarling beasts that looked crazy. It lasted what felt like hours before I finally caught sight of that big black wolf that sent my heart fluttering, his claws puncturing a equally as big red wolf that had saliva and blood all over its snout.

I ran to him, using my sword I had to slice and dice as many wolves as I could. I finally stood before him, my eyes welling up in relief over the fact he wasn't injured except for a few scrapes. I released my bow and arrow because of the fact I knew what was happening, I felt my vision coming to life within my chest.

It was silent as he shifted back to his human form, most of the Rogues either dead or dying in heaps on the ground. He smiled to me as he pulled off shorts from one of the dead Hunter, walking and pulling me into his arms. "I'm the Alpha now, my father died, protecting us."

I smiled and held him tighter, not bothering to tell him that I already knew that. "Ares is back where he belongs, holding up the sky and complaining the entire time."

I was covered in both my blood and other wolves, watching his steel grey eyes hold me in what I call his 'smolder.' He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his familiar smell. I looked over his shoulder, my eyes falling on the three Fates standing by the tree line, holding up a white string. A pair of rusty scissors grasped in one hand, just as my eyes met a bloody and beaten Hunter raising an arrow.

I swiveled us around just as it was released, the sound drawing Jaxon's eyes to my own. They widened as he went to push me to the side, but he wasn't fast enough, like I thought I wasn't going to be fast enough.

The Fates now held a gold string instead of the original white one they held, although their faces were set in a scowl. I gave a smile as Jaxon screamed, the silver arrow now protruding from the center of my chest.

Everything felt like it was underwater, my eyes growing unfocused as I tried to pay attention to Jaxon's mouth moving and the way his eyes were now such a dark stormy grey. I felt a tear drop from my eye, the faces of a crying Mona and a pale faced Riley standing over us.

When did we move to the ground? I could ask that, I could even speak as my veins grew on fire and my body became mush under me. I could only smile a tiny smile, and blink my eyes half heartedly as I mouthed my words.

"I chose me."

***

A/N: I've had shit for inspiration, so that's honestly why this is so late. Don't kill me, don't hate me, I'll send you all chocolate.

Now, give me inspiration for my next book. This obviously isn't the end, but it's coming within the next two or three chapters. Tell me what you're all reading, message me bullshit about your love lives, whether they exist or not haha.

It's summer vacation for me and I'm slightly bored.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5M 133K 46
(COMPLETED) * "Look, Mavis, you're a beautiful girl with lots of potential and I'm so sorry about this but I reject you, Mavis Anders, as my mate...
269K 10.7K 28
{Formerly A Warrior's Rejection} In a world of predominantly male leaders, the Ivy Eclipse pack is home to a rare case, Aris Titania Desdemona, Gamma...
10.1M 350K 51
"Will you reject me?" I ask, ignoring the lump that was forming in my throat. I fought the tears that were threatening to fall. Don't cry, please Han...
710 143 152
Valkyrie, 'Val' Tenason, has been told for as long as she can remember that she suffers from schizophrenia like her mother. Her hallucination of choi...