Coming Home (camren)

By Crazy5harmoz

Captain Jauregui has twin boys with her long time friend Camila, when she's home on leave she finds out that... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 (part one)
Chapter 12 (part two)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 34

11.6K 283 76
By Crazy5harmoz

May.

       Things in the Jauregui household were calmer than usual, the boys were exited to be turning 6 in less than a week and Lauren and Camila were busy planning the perfect day for them. One thing was clear and that was that the boys didn't want a birthday party, they both decided that they wanted to go to their very first concert. It shocked their mommy because Camila did her best to keep her kids from listening to the music that played in today's radios for the reason that some of it wasn't very kid friendly. She stuck with her Disney playlist. Lauren however was a very different story...let's just say the boys wanting to see Logic live in concert And the fact that they agreed with logic in that spider man should be black, well it wasn't just a coincidence.

They would never deny their kids anything that much was known but Camila found it completely inappropriate for two six year olds boys to be in the crowd yelling out profanities. So they compromise, and agreed to take the boys to a Coldplay concert instead. It was definitely more kid friendly than Logic or the 1975. Whenever they were in the car with Lauren they were listening to her playlist. She started them off the right way and introduced them to the classics like the Beatles, nirvana, john Lennon, bob Marley, Tupac, Elvis Presley, Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson and many many more. Their favorite song at the moment was Hey Jude by the Beatles. Ideally that would be their concert choice but it's disappointingly not possible. When Camila discovered how musically diverse her kids were she almost blew a gasket. Kids minds are like sponges and soak up what they hear and see the people around them do and say so it's easy for them to hear inappropriate words and just use them carelessly. It's why now more than ever you hear young little children shout profanities at their parents at the super market because they can't get the bloody chocolate bar they want. Camila doesn't want her kids to be that way, even though it's obviously inevitable for them to learn these things because 8 hours of the day are spent with other children who are exposed to these things. And after shouting some profanities of her own at Lauren she relented and apologized for being such a mom. Weather Lauren realized it or not she was forcing Camila to understand that she can't prevent these things from happening weather it be something simple like this or keeping her kids from being hurt. Unless you keep them in bubbles which is off the table. They discussed it.

So it was decided that  the boys first concert would be Coldplay, however the closest concert show to their birthday was a show in Miami. So they decided to make a mini vacation out of this, not only would they take the boys to the concert but they would also be spending a few days exploring Disney world. This gave them time to plan out and book everything. Kelsea was a bit to young for the show but they couldn't exactly leave her behind since Camila was still breastfeeding. So they invited Camila's parents to tag along and babysit. This also gave them time to introduce the twins to Coldplay's music, they loved it. It's catchy feel good music what is there not to love?

The twins got into a big rockstar phase so what do Lauren and Camila do when their two freshly turned six year old sons ask to be rockstars? They make their little dreams come true. Duh.

So they put them in some black leather jackets, plain white t shirts, denims and combat boots, and of course aviators and took them to get photographed. Out in the open, with a real sulk of some type of animal and a black and white guitar.

All the photos they took were incredible. Not only were they allowed to pretend that they were bad asses and play around with a guitar in the middle of nowhere, they eventually got to smash it to pieces but they had these pictures that they could look back at once they were older.

They had turned the month of May into the boys' birthday month and they were loving every minute of it, well...only one of them was at the moment.

It was the night before they had to leave to Miami and everyone was either fishing packing or if you were Lauren you just threw a bunch of clean clothes into a luggage bag and called it a day. When Camila went into the boys room to check on them and found her son sulking it really rubbed her the wrong way. He was moving very slowly and seemed to be hating every moment of what he was doing.

"Cam? Bub what's wrong?" Camila asked the young boy. You would think he'd be shoving anything and everything in his bag as quickly as possible because in less than a day he'd be in a different state going to his first concert and visiting Disney fucken world. 'At least that's what Caspian did, that kid was so much like Lauren it's crazy sometimes.' Camila thought. He looked up at his mom and gave her a weak shrug. "Are you not excited to go?" She asked him.

"I am excited." He said very unconvincingly.

"You don't look excited."

"That's because his heart is broken mommy." Caspian said casually as he walked into the room, and grabbed his swim trunks.

"What are you doing with those?" She knew what they are for obviously but it was late at night so that's what caught her attention.

"Mama is swimming in the pool and she wants me to go swim with her." He said so nonchalantly.

"Oh does she now?" She arched her brow questionably at him.

"Well she didn't say it but the way she looked at me I could tell." He broke.

"You are not going swimming this late young man in fact go and tell mama that she needs to get out of the pool." She said putting her foot down.

"Mommy's orders?" He asked, already knowing the answer. Camila was the one really in charge she just let Lauren think she was. With a quick nod to the head, the boy was off.

"So why does Caspian say your heart is broken?" She asked Cameron, who was quietly sitting on his bed next to her.

"Because, I like Melanie but she likes stupid Eric. Caspian says when your sad over a girl your heart is broken but My heart doesn't feel broken, I just feel like super tired and sleepy." He told his mommy.

Camila thought the whole idea of her 6 year old boys liking girls and having 'girlfriends' was stupid for lack of a better word. When she was 6 years old she didn't like boys or girls, she liked playing on playgrounds and watching cartoons, the last thing she was ever sad about was weather the yucky boy liked her or not. But now it's a generational thing, younger and younger kids are doing things at a sooner age then the older generations. Now if you look at a 12 year old your most likely going to assume she's 16 or 17. So she didn't believe in any of this crap, no 6 year old can actually be broken up about some little girl not liking him back but for the sake of her child she would endure it.

"First things first, you are not allowed to use that word young man." She scolded him." And I'm sorry she didn't like you in that way bub, and I'm sorry it's upset you. Cameron you are so young, your still a baby-"

"I'm not a baby mommy!" He defended himself.

"Oh bub you'll always be a baby in my eyes. But the point is you have so much more life ahead and stuff will happen and things will change. In a few years you'll meet 10 or more girls you'll like and some will like you back and others won't and it'll give you that ugly feeling you have right now but it'll go away. It always does. You can't let one person ruin the good things in your life, because both are temporary. That person can leave just as quickly as they came in and so can the good things happening in your life. So forget about it, and be happy, and have fun because me and mama are doing our absolute best so that you and your brother have the best birthday. I don't want to ever see you sad Cameron, because it hurts me when I see you like this." Camila gave him the good old talking too, she could've gone about this another way and that was telling him, her struggled with Lauren. She fell for Lauren at a very young age and Lauren didn't reciprocate those feelings until just these past few years. She could of told him how she dealt with that, how in the end she got the girl but this is a 6 year old boy and it can hardly be considered a crush so she'd save that conversation for another time. She gave him general advice because this applied to everyone in his life either now or in the future weather it be a bully at school now or in high school with friends who'd do just about anything to get ahead of you in whatever way including stab you in the back.

"Your right mommy, I'm going to have a blast this week I promise." Cameron was a very smart kid and a he was taught to be thankful and humble about the things he had. Lauren didn't raise spoiled brats that's for sure.

"I know you will, I love you Cameron." She pulled him into a hug.

"I love you too mommy." He smiled into the tight hold his mother had him in.

Later on that night, Camila and Lauren were in bed and she told Lauren all about her conversation with Cameron.

"I didn't think I'd be having that conversation with the boys until they were at least 16." Camila said.

"Be glad it wasn't the where do baby's come from talk, The other day Caspian asked me how Kelsea got in your tummy and when I was vague and said we planted a seed in your tummy. Then he said "isn't she only mommy's baby if it's in her tummy?" So I had to tell him the seed was mine. Which is actually the truth in a very obscure way." She said laughing along with Camila.

"Do you ever just stop and think "fuck, how the hell did I get here?" Like I still can't get over the fact that they are 6 years old, and when Kelsea is 6 they'll be 12. That to me is insane." Camila said a little in disbelief. "So when do you think we should start trying again? I love that the boys are the same age but it was hard raising two babies at once so I'm kind of glad we got just the one this time but I don't want Kelsea to be super far apart in age with the next baby, I was thinking we could start trying at the year and 6 months mark then Kelsea will be just turned two when the new baby is born. They'll basically be two years apart and I think that's the perfect age gap because it not to far apart and not to close. What are your thoughts?" Camila rambled on, shocking the hell out of Lauren. As far as she was concerned Kelsea was the last one.

"I had no idea you wanted to have more kids."

"You don't want to have anymore?" She said sitting up to get a better view on her wife.

"I-I don't know. I guess I just assumed three was a good stopping point." Lauren said, sitting up herself.

"What made you jump to that conclusion?" Camila asked, only getting a small shrug from her wife. "Well it's really simple do you or do you not want more kids?" It was an actually simple question because the fact that she just assumed that meant subconsciously that's what she really wanted.

"No, I think three is enough." Lauren blurted out.

"Ok."

"Camila."

"It's fine." She lied.

"It's not fine because your upset." Lauren responded.

Obviously Camila was upset, they never really discussed how many kids each wanted or things of that sort, they were more of the if it happens it happens group.

"Obviously but it's fine because there is nothing to do about it is there? You've made up your mind and I mine." She said avoiding looking at her wife. Communication was a big issue for them, they had to deal with it in the past and worked it all out but every once In a while it crept up on them.

"Well let's talk about it, tell me why you want to have more kids?" Lauren said trying to work out the issue.

"Not plural, just one more so Kelsea doesn't grow up alone." Camila defended her point.

"She's not going to grow up alone she had Cam and Cas." Lauren argued.

"They have a 6 year gap, it's not the same as a 2 to 3 year gap, she'll have someone to play with and stuff. The twins had each other but Kelsea will basically grow up an only child with the age gap between the boys. What 16 year old boy wants to hang out with his little 10 year old sister? None. Just look at me and sofi and the strain on our relationship of course our age gap is bigger but it's basically the same thing." Camila pointed out.

"Okay that's a good argument but we could easily take her to the mommy and me groups and she'll have tons of little kids her age to play with. Or we could just drop her off at Dinah and mani's house, they are basically creating their own daycare center with all the kids they plan on having." Lauren said trying to make light of the situation.

"See all of our friends are having babies!"

"Just because they are doesn't mean we have too. They won't be the ones up at night with them, or the ones taking care of the baby we will. Kids aren't action figures, it isn't "oh look at me and look at all these cool kids I have." Its hard work, you more than anybody should know that. You raised two of them alone." Lauren said, frustrated with how un logical Camila was being at the moment.

"I wish I was alone right now." Camila mumbled, annoyed at her wife. "Well then its settled right? Lauren doesn't want another baby so we won't be having another baby." She said, sarcastically not waiting for Lauren's response before she turned to her side, facing away from her wife and coddled up into the covers. Lauren tried to wrap her arm around her and sort of comfort her. "Please don't touch me right now." She herd Camila say.

Lauren wanted to yell, with how frustrated she was right now. One minute they were talking about the twins and them growing up and the next they were fighting about more kids. That conversation really got away from them. At least she didn't get kicked out of the bed this time. It was a weird feeling, because physically they were fairly close but emotionally and mentally they were thousands of miles apart. This is not how she wanted to spend their week away, she wanted them to be the small happy family they normally were but instead they would probably argue behind closed doors and create tension amongst the others. It was not an ideal situation but they would deal with it.

Early in the morning the Jauregui's and the Cabello's caught an early 8 am flight to Miami Florida. It was a 2 hour flight so no big fuss was made. They had a big breakfast and then went to go get checked into their hotels. Since the concert wasn't until 7 pm they had plenty of time to kill, and the hotel had a magnificent resort calling their name. As much as Lauren wanted to enjoy the family time, she figured she'd let Camila cool down for a bit longer while she took care of some other business she had in Miami.

The neighborhood was bad, just as she'd expect, the house itself looked as if it was ready to collapse at any moment. The fact that she was living in these conditions worried her to no extent. She was almost afraid if she knocked on the door too hard it might fall of the hinges. Lauren knew she was home considering all the noise coming from inside the house but it felt like forever before they finally reached the door, she was sweating hard and it had nothing to do with this Miami heat.

"Lauren Jauregui, probably the last person I expected to see at my door step. What brings you to Miami?" She asked, with a giant smirk on her face.

"I want to see her."

--////////////////////////////////--

I feel so fucken terrible with how bad I've been slacking on this. I love being home and spending time with my family but the down side to that is that it kills all my drive. My family is my safety net and instead of just letting it catch me and then jumping back on my feet, I'm laying on it like it's a hammock. I have no real excuse, for this crap chapter I put out or lack of updates but I've just been going through the motions and have not had any inspiration and so therefore I have not updated this story. I will do my best to get out the dumbs and produce something better.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 3.7K 29
Camila is used to being alone. Ever since her mom and sister died, it's only been her and her dad. With her dad being an abusive jerk, she tends to k...
84.1K 2K 25
Camila Cabello was 6 years old when she was diagnosed with a blood disorder. She isn't allowed to leave her house nor to really have a normal life. N...
13.7K 653 11
A little girl in a pink tutu moves into the house behind another beanied little girl. Her name was Camila, spelled with just one L. And her neighbor'...
216K 5.2K 24
Lauren Jauregui became friends with five weird yet amazing girls. Camila, her best friend, keeps on giving her mixed signals which lead to Lauren thi...