You & Me

Od Kotori-Yui

Becoming virtual friends was the only way Sorey found to confess to Mikleo. Viac

1
3
4

2

369 11 1
Od Kotori-Yui

A/Ns:

Yô -O-)/ so here I am with one more chap :3 this was easy to write but hard to correct (?) xD anyways, enjoy the fluff and the kawaii awkwardness *3* ❤

As usual, mistakes ahead forgive me for them m(uvu)m ~

**

Sorey had felt so anxious to receive Mikleo's reply, that when he finally read it, his heart sunk incredibly in great pain.

Rose looked at Sorey astonished with the newest message from Mikleo, forgetting for a moment who it was that the boy actually liked. The sadness on Sorey's face was too unbearable for her to keep seeing, thus she tried her best at cheering her friend up.

"C'mon Sorey..." She patted him on the shoulder once, her hand gently resting over it. "It's not like he told you that he's going out with someone! He simply told you that there's someone he already likes, right?"

Sorey nodded lifelessly. Rose's hand twitched over his shoulder. She never thought the day would come when she would see Sorey so miserable because of love. Although she sympathized with him, she found it amusing as well. Usually he was always so cheerful and lively, able to put his sadness away just so he wouldn't worry anyone, but when something happened between him and Mikleo he would be as easy to see through as crystal clear water, unable to hide anything from anyone.

"Mikleo, you're frightening!" She thought to herself.

"Sorey!" Rose spun his chair around until the boy finally faced her. Determined, she spoke, "You're not going to give up just because of this right? I thought you liked Mikleo so much that you lose control over yourself sometimes...? Am I wrong?"

"I like him a lot." He voiced his true feelings lowly, as if afraid Mikleo would hear from his house next door.

"Then you can't give up! You have to captivate Mikleo as The_Sheperd." Even though she hadn't liked Sorey's idea before, now she felt that maybe such an idea had a meaning, so she decided to motivate him.

"Hum." Even though he agreed, he just didn't feel very confident. He didn't know who Mikleo liked, so he had no idea how to try and captivate Mikleo more than that person could. Sorey had no idea what they looked like, so he didn't know if he ever would have the chance to get Mikleo's attention like they could. Were they cute, or were they good-looking? And were they older or younger? What was Mikleo's type in the first place? All these thoughts were driving him crazy. However, now that he stopped to think, Sorey realized that when it came to love he didn't know anything about Mikleo, and this shocked and pained him more than anything.

"I just didn't know."

Rose frowned confused, expecting Sorey to continue with his speech and enlighten her, yet that didn't seem to be the boy's intention as he remained silent. But obviously, Rose couldn't stand the frustration of not having heard something that might have ended up being important, for all she knows.

"You didn't know...?" She encouraged him to continue, and thankfully it ended up working.

"I didn't know that Mikleo had someone he liked."

Rose almost face-palmed. Almost. It's true that she knew that Mikleo liked Sorey and vice versa, yet she had forgotten how dense Sorey was to not see it as well. And Mikleo was just like that too; though on his case things seemed to be a tiny bit different. While Sorey couldn't notice Mikleo's feelings for him, Mikleo did notice Sorey's, yet he did not dare to believe they were true. With time and observation, Rose understood that Mikleo's problem was doubting of Sorey's feelings. He, most likely, thought that Sorey liking him was something impossible, thus he didn't dare to let his heart fool him. And that was the great conclusion Rose had reached; with a bit of help from Lailah of course. She seemed to be an expert when it came to Sorey's and Mikleo's relationship.

When she thought of opening her mouth and speak, Sorey added instead, "Why didn't he tell me anything?"

"Well..."

"Doesn't he trust me anymore? Aren't we best friends? I thought that there weren't any secrets between us, but it seems that I was wrong." He paused briefly, furrowing his brows as the truth hit him harder now that he was about to voice it. "And I just realized that I might not know Mikleo as well as I thought I did, and for some reason, I don't like that."

"Sorey..." Rose could clearly see how hurt Sorey was just by looking at his face, and that hurt her as well because in truth she had the power to heal his fresh wounds, yet she felt like doing nothing was the best thing for both, Sorey and Mikleo, or so she liked to think... However, she wasn't sure anymore; she really needed some good advice, so she knew that tomorrow the first thing she would do was complaining to Lailah until she got sick of it, and then, she would finally hear Lailah's mature opinion. Rose was sure she would feel much better and confident after that.

"Sorey..." She called again, having the boy's green eyes finally looking up at her. Her hand then moved from Sorey's shoulder to his back, friendly patting him. With a gentle smile, Rose said. "Cheer up okay?" Even though she was trying her best to comfort her friend, all Sorey did was humming with a sad smile.

SMSMSMSM❤❤SMSMSMSM❤❤SMSMSMSM

Lazily, feeling a certain dizziness, Sorey put on his shoes. Since he first opened his eyes this morning, he didn't feel totally well. He didn't feel particularly sick nonetheless, just an uncomfortable dizziness and slightly tired. He could only assume that the cause for such a thing was the lack of sleep. Because of his discoveries, Sorey felt too anxious and thanks to that he had been unable to sleep until much, much late.

Trying to shake those emotions away, Sorey headed for the front door, however as soon as his fingertips touched it, he stepped back quickly, as if he had been painfully electrified. Sorey was hesitating. He wanted to leave... He needed to leave and go to school, but Mikleo was waiting for him outside like always... what had made him so happy every single day and eager to the arrival of a new morning, was scaring him more than anything at the moment. He was afraid. Sorey still wanted to see and to be with Mikleo, of course, that wasn't even questionable, but finding out that he kept secrets from him had shocked him too much. He had always believed that he knew Mikleo better than anyone else, and such a fact made him so happy that now he was afraid of seeing Mikleo because he knew that his head would run a mile per minute, if not less, with countless thoughts and theories just to try and justify Mikleo's choice of keeping secrets from him.

Sorey sighed, exasperated, getting closer to the door and leaning his forehead against its cold surface softly.

"What should I do?"

As he thought, his cell phone vibrated inside the pocket of his pants bringing him back to reality.

Getting it out of his pocket, he unlocked it with his obvious password. His phone didn't use to have a password, but because Edna and Rose would snatch it away time and time again, Sorey was forced to protect the content in it from them; little did he know that everyone knew his code. He had photos of Mikleo sleeping or too distracted with something else to notice him taking them, thus he didn't want anyone else to find them out; besides, he couldn't afford letting others fall for his best friend. Sorey wanted to avoid gaining rivals. Although, he had one even though he didn't know who just yet. But it's not as if he was interested in meeting them... Well, part of him was, though reluctantly.

The boy tried to push those thoughts away with a deep breathe. He couldn't get even more depressed.

Sorey's eyes looked at his phone, checking the sender of the newest message. On the screen, bold letters formed Mikleo's name. With the simple sight of it, his heart skipped a beat. With shaking fingers, Sorey tapped over the small envelope on the screen, fastly opening his friend's text.

From: Mikleo

Subject: Good morning

I'm outside, what happened? You're taking too long...

Are you coming? I'm worried, so you better answer me!

The simple fact of knowing that Mikleo was worried about him, gave him new strength and made him incredibly happy. Sorey still found amazing how easily Mikleo had control over his heart, but since long ago that he found such a thing something natural.

"I can't get here lost in thought forever!"

Determined, Sorey opened the door, revealing the morning sunlight of a bright new day. His green eyes scanned their surroundings, finding Mikleo's figure awaiting him. Their eyes met and Sorey's heart raced.

"Sorey..." Mikleo called out to him softly, and by doing so, a great battle of feelings started within Sorey. His feelings of anxiety, fear and nervousness were returning; yet accompanying them were also his feelings of love towards Mikleo.

Sorey saw how Mikleo started to move closer to him wearing a serious expression, which only made him even more nervous and confused as well. Perhaps that was the reason he felt even more dizzy.

"You..." Sorey heard Mikleo's voice utter softly yet again, and the next thing he became aware of was Mikleo's hand gently pressed against his forehead.

Sorey's green eyes widened in surprise at the sudden gesture. His heart too, manifested its surprise by jumping wildly in his chest.

"Mik-"

"If you've got a fever what are you doing here? More like, why are you in your uniform? Where do you think you are going?" Mikleo scolded him seeming irritated enough for Sorey to apologize.

"S-Sorry. I didn't think that I had a fever." The boy confessed honestly. At least he now knew the reason for his dizziness.

"Honestly you..." Mikleo let out a small sigh. Sorey was as oblivious as usual; worrying him constantly. Although, that was one of the things he liked about him. "Anyways, for the time being let's go inside." He suggested smiling fondly at his friend.

SMSMSMSM❤❤SMSMSMSM❤❤SMSMSMSM

"This will help you getting rid of the fever." Mikleo said putting the cup he had in hands on the desk of Sorey's room. He then grabbed the chair and moved it closer to the sick boy's bed, quietly sitting next to Sorey.

"Later you should drink it again. Maybe after lunch and then again after dinner. Well, your mother will be here by lunchtime, so she'll take care of you better than me."

Explanation given, Mikleo leaned ever so slightly towards Sorey, who laid now on the bed, trying to reach his forehead with the palm of his hand. Even though he knew that the medicine hadn't had the time to take effect, Mikleo couldn't help but worry over Sorey. He wondered why he had gotten himself a fever if even yesterday he was so well... But he did know that a cold could appear out of the blue, even more so in Hexen Isle where the weather could get quite cold at night, so there was no point in questioning such a thing.

"Hum..." Feeling his friend's warm forehead, Mikleo frowned in frustration. If only he could make the medicine work faster...

Sorey's hand on top of his brought him back to reality. His eyes widened in shock.

"Sorey-" His soft voice muttered slowly as if trying to understand the reason behind Sorey's gesture. Said male, nonetheless, simply smiled, eyes closed as if appreciating something.

"It's cold... It feels good.."

"Eh? Well of course, you have a fever so my temperature will always feel good to you." Mikleo pointed out the obvious.

Sorey remained silent. Mikleo had even thought he had fallen asleep. Yet, not too long after his explanation, Sorey said, "I guess." Obviously Mikleo was confused. Was there something he had missed in their short dialogue?

As if reading his mind, Sorey added, pushing his confusion away, "I like it, when Mikleo takes care of me."

Mikleo's hand trembled slightly under Sorey's, over his friend's forehead.

"What did he..."

He was in a state of incredulity. Had he heard well?

"I like it, when Mikleo takes care of me."

Sorey's words played in his head over and over, until they finally reached him full force. His face was the first showing it, flushing all the way up to his ears. He opened his mouth to retort but nothing came out. What should he say in the first place? How should he even act now? Mikleo felt hopeless against the embarrassment, so removing his hand from the other boy's forehead and turning away was the only solution he found to escape that feeling.

"Mikleo?"

He panicked at the sound of Sorey's voice. "T-Toilet... I-I'm going to the toilet." He replied getting up and walking to the door, leaving the room in a hurry. He walked a couple of steps away from the room until he was distant enough, and then he stopped on his tracks as a whirlwind of feelings attacked him strongly.

Ba-bump... Ba-bump... Ba-bump...

The sound of his intense heartbeat against his eardrums, made his cheeks redden even more as he recalled Sorey as he uttered those words.

"Why did heー"

In truth, Mikleo felt frustrated as well. He didn't know what had gotten into Sorey to say something so embarrassing in such a bold yet so gentle way. Mikleo knew that Sorey had seriously meant those words. However, no matter how happy he felt, deep down Mikleo knew that Sorey hadn't mean them in the romantic way his heart had preferred to listen to them.

Leaning against the nearest wall, Mikleo started to feel calmer, yet a sudden sadness invaded his previously excited and happy heart. Each time the truth brought him to reality, he would always feel heartbroken. Sorey was truly unfair; spouting misleading lines every now and then, always so oblivious of everything surrounding him.

"Yet, I still like him." A long sigh escaped through his lips.

"Oh my, that was an incredible long sigh Mikleo. What happened?"

Taken aback, Mikleo turned towards the familiar voice with slightly flushed cheeks.

"Se-Se-Selene-san you're back?" He couldn't really hide his surprise.

"I'm back." The woman stated the obvious grinning. "But I should be the one surprised here. What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in school?" As he was ready to reply, Selene interrupted him by adding, "Don't tell me... Did that kid fall asleep again?"

"No, actuallyー"

"Ah jeez! I told him so many times not to stay up until late reading those ancient books that no one cares about, yet he never listens to me." She looked at the younger boy with a serious face and got closer to him, gently grabbing him by the shoulders and saying while looking into his amethyst orbs. "You came here to wake him up, am I right? Ah~ as usual... You're such a good boy Mikleo. Thank you for always putting up with my son."

For a moment he was too stunned to react. Selene hadn't even given him the opportunity to answer back. He already knew that it was part of her personality rambling unstoppably, he should have been used to it by now, or so he thought.

"Selene-san, Sorey didn't fall asleep because he wanted. In fact he..."

SMSMSMSM❤❤SMSMSMSM❤❤SMSMSMSM

Sorey's half-lidded eyes threatened in getting closed, yet the sick boy tried his hardest to prevent it from happening. Sleeping right now would be a waste of time. Mikleo was still there with him, so he wanted to enjoy their time together to the fullest; even sick! He could still talk to Mikleo... He could also look at him... Just by being near Mikleo was enough for him, so sleeping was out of question.

"I can't fall asleep. I can't fall asleep. I can't fall asleep..." Sorey repeated to himself as if casting a magic spell.

Thankfully, the gods seemed to be on his side today, as the loud sound of the door of his room being harshly opened woke him up better than his repetitive thoughts.

"Sorey!"

"Mom?"

Concern was clear on his mom's face. The woman approached his bed, leaning ever so slightly over her son in order to feel his temperature. Their foreheads touched softly and his green eyes fluttered close with the gesture.

"It doesn't seem to be too high." She said sounding relieved.

Sorey smiled warmly. "I'm alright. Mikleo already took care of me. Don't worry." Mikleo flushed slightly at those words, but decided to remain silent. Besides, Selene was now in the room.

Selene distanced her head from the brunet's a little, grinning knowingly. Sorey's cheeks burned instantly. His mother could be such a tease sometimes! It was still a mystery to him how she had found out about his feelings towards Mikleo though. He had always thought he had hidden them well at home... But, his mother was sharp, that much he knew.

"I should get going then." Mikleo's voice brought him back to reality. His heart stopped beating for a split second at the thought of not seeing Mikleo again today.

"Will you come back later?" Sorey asked forgetting about his mother, instead he looked in the other boy's direction, hopeful about his reply.

Mikleo was already at the door of Sorey's room, ready to leave, yet before doing so he replied, his back facing Sorey, "Of course. I still have to take care of you." The boy could feel his ears and cheeks burning all the way down to his neck. Only after saying such a thing, did he become aware of how embarrassing that was. Yet, it was too late to take it back now; besides he didn't want to take it back either. Without looking at his friend, Mikleo added, "I'll see you later."

Sorey didn't have the time to reply, since Mikleo practically fled from his room. However he couldn't stop the big grin from making its way on his lips. Mikleo would be back later, and to take care of him. Just thinking that made him anxious for the end of the day. He was so happy that he didn't even care about the way his mother laughed mockingly next to him. The only thing Sorey could think of was Mikleo's little promise that made his heart beat faster by the second. Little did he know that his own heart was beating in sync with Mikleo's.

**

A/Ns:

Yes they live in Hexen Isle, first because I wanted this to make sense and all the characters are from different places right? That couldn't be the case in my fic, so I wanted a place where they could be all together but I still wanted them to live in the Zestiria world, thus Hexen Isle it is (bc I like that damn island xD) of course, this doesn't mean that they won't go visit other places ;3 ~

Also, Selene is alive, Muse and Michael as well and happily teasing their sons/nephew xD

And I think this is all ... Thanks for reading so far uwu ❤

Bye~Bye, ❤⌒ヽ(*'、^*)chuu*

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

12.2K 159 68
How i fall in love on INsTaGRAm.
6.4K 65 16
Will have Smut, Fluff, Angst and Platonic stuff (Maybe for the last one.) Request in the comments
3.1K 35 15
Just sharing headcanons amongst other little scenarios I've made up. Also don't expect any smut related situations with this. Angst-🌩 Comfort-💔 Mi...
28.2K 985 23
𝐦𝐢𝐤𝐞 & 𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐤 シ︎