For Us Demigods

By not4typicalwriter

Three wars. Three wars, they've gone through. You'd think it'd be enough for them. It's more than enough. It... More

Prologue
Parent Teacher Conference
Bigger On The Inside
One Extremely Long Year
At Least They're Alive
Not Entirely Bad, At Least.
Crime Fighting and Relationships
San Fransisco Senior High School Date Night Home Coming
What's Going On?
The Swimming Competition
Poker, Blackjack, and- Strip Poker?
The San Fransisco Terror
The Seven 7 Clover Casino
Halloween, Presidio Style
Sick Day
Override
Family- Problems?
It's A Good Life
Winter Break!
Spread The News
The Woman You Came Back For
The Worst Birthday
The Vows
The Bracelet
Temper Tantrum and Meditation
Metaphorically
Lucky Strike
Difference is Good
Enjoy The Weirdness
Valentine's Day
Whatever Happens
No More School
We're Cleared
Borders and Mayhem
The Gods Conference
The Press Conference
Enjoy Your Stay
Pentagon
Stay Safe
The Protector
As Long As We're Together
Undercover
The Army of Chaos
What Family Means
A/N

Like a Father

3.5K 72 147
By not4typicalwriter

Third Person's POV

"Okay, so we have exactly, a 63.8% success rate." Luke counted. "On the bright side, none of us were killed."

"They rejected us Luke, I don't even know why we're trying to save them." Connor said as he wolfed down a burrito. "They could get eaten by monsters and I wouldn't care."

"Mortals are stupid, we get it, but c'mon." Bianca told her boyfriend. "We're better than this."

"Connor's right." Jason said. "I'm done, we're done. It's been two weeks, and apparently, two out of five times they tried to kill us."

"Jason, we can't just leave them." Leo said. "Do you know what it's like? Feeling abandoned and hopeless?"

"If you don't wanna do it for the mortals, then do it for the demigods we're looking for." Silena said.

"We cause enough distraction so the satyrs can work faster." Leo said. "That's all they need."

"But we can't afford anymore casualties." Frank said. "That's the unsaid truth. We're all a bit selfish, we can't survive through wars just to die because of mortals."

"He's right." Hazel said.

"Hazel you can't be serious." Katie said.

"I am." Hazel exclaimed. "Frank and I, we're praetors. We can't afford to put everyone in danger, let alone ourselves. And Annabeth?"

Silence dawned on the demigods in the living room. Everyone was there except for Percy, Annabeth, Reyna, and Aether. They were busy putting the rest of the Demigod-extraction plan into works while the others went around as the army of Chaos.

Ever since their world was exposed to the mortals, though mortals have no clue what they're against, they've been against the demigods.

The demigods were against them too for your information, but it's not like they have a choice. And about Annabeth. One of their closest friend, who is pregnant, who is still fighting for mortals. Who is risking, not one, not two, but three lives all together on a daily basis.

Of course as her due date grew closer, naturally everyone went on to tell her to stay home. But the more frequent she was told to stay home, the more she wanted to leave.

"I think she's right." Nico said. "We can save the demigods, but I don't think the mortals part is even worth doing at this point."

The majority of the demigods already think protecting mortals was a stupid idea, especially when they were personally victimized my the bottle throwing and the attempted murders.

It's astonishing how quick human can change their perception once they're scared.

"Okay. So we stop." Thalia said. "Does anyone here actually oppose that?"

Some demigods who tried to argue a few moments ago thought about it for a minute and kept quiet. Nobody objected. Not anymore.

"So we're done." Thalia concluded. "We're retiring the suits. We focus on the extraction emergencies. The plan, and the investigation." She mumbled. "Someone's got to find Hecate she's still gone."

"But what if-" Calypso piped up. She stopped her sentence but everyone had already turned to her.

"What is it?" Luke asked.

"Well there's one place no one has checked." Calypso offered, glancing nervously at Nico.

"Oh Styx." Nico muttered.

"I mean, if she's kidnapped and not hiding-" Calypso changed her sentence. "Nyx is down there. Maybe Ouranous has been confinding with her? Maybe Kronos or Gaea?"

"It makes sense." Clarisse agreed. "The one place we didn't look."

"Your mom has a mansion there, am I right?" Nico glanced towards Aether, who simply nodded. "And we didn't exactly kill her last time, we just banished her. So she could most definitely still roam."

"Most likely."

"And maybe Ouranos is helping her." Nico mumbled. "It's been a couple thousand years, maybe he's not gone, maybe he's still there."

"Maybe he's screwing Atlas over." Luke said and everyone turned to him. "With the sky thing, you know?"

"I don't see how that connects." Chris turned to his brother.

"Well, all this time we thought he was gone because well, the sky needs holding up." Luke said. "But really, since when has anyone in our world stayed dead? They're always up one form or another, and Ouranos isn't not-immortal, so how come we never thought about that?"

"Because it's not possible." Aether said. "But my grandad is also gone, so-"

"What do you mean he's gone?" Piper screeched as everyone turned in shock.

"No, not like that, but he's not exactly active. Because he's done." Aether said. "He needs a rest. That's why he's leaving it to me. That's why he brought you people back."

"So we're his replacement?" Luke said.

"A poor man's Chaos, no offense to you, but he is the one who created everything." Aether said. "And I guess he left at the worst possible time."

"Is that why he never checks in anymore?" Reyna asked her boyfriend. "Is that why you can't call him?"

"You think I was joking?" Aether turned in surprise. "I genuinely don't know where he is, let alone how to call him, or ask a favor."

"And somehow you failed to mention this? To any of us?" Thalia said.

"I thought you knew." Aether said. "Why do you think the gods are helping? I thought they knew."

"Maybe because they love us, I don't know!" Piper exclaimed. "So this entire time. They're doing this bonding thing because of Chaos's absence?"

"Maybe. I mean, I told Zeus." Aether said. "I wouldn't see a reason why he'd not tell the other Olympians."

"Hang on." Alex said as he called Poseidon, who came in merely seconds after.

"Did you have something?" Poseidon asked.

"Did you know?" Alex asked immediately.

"Know what?" Poseidon asked quizzically.

"That Chaos is gone." Alex said bluntly. "Is that why you're with us? Because it's dangerous and you're looking out for yourselves?"

"Chaos is gone?" Poseidon turned to Aether. "What is this? Who told you that? You didn't tell me?"

"I thought I did." Aether said. "I told Zeus."

"Well Zeus didn't tell me." Poseidon said. "I don't know about everyone else though."

"Why would Zeus not tell you?" Thalia asked.

"I don't know, but I'm honestly not surprised." Poseidon said.

He took a seat in the midst of the demigods and looked around.

"Where's Percy?" He asked.

"Well actually we thought he was with you." Nico said. "Isn't he working on the extraction plan?"

"No, he haven't talked about that since yesterday." Poseidon said. "The plan was done, we just need the safe houses, which is going to be done any minute now, and we're ready to execute."

"Well where is he then?" Everyone wondered.

Before the demigods and gods could even begin to move, the man himself, Percy Jackson walked into the house.

"Hey guys." He mumbled.

"Where have you been?" Luke asked.

"Sword training with the newbies." Percy grinned. "They wanna fight you next Luke."

"Did they even win against you?" Luke stared at him flatly.

"Nope." Percy shook his head and laughed. "So, what's the news?" He asked, taking the seat next to Poseidon.

"Well, apparently Chaos is gone." Poseidon told his son.

"What?" Percy's eyes widened. "What does that mean? You didn't tell me?" He turned to Aether.

"For the last time, it never came up." Aether sighed. "You never exactly asked for him, and everytime I say something about him, you brush it off as a joke." He crossed his arms. "And I told Zeus. I thought he told the gods, I thought that's why they're always here. To stand stronger together and whatever."

"And I don't know anything about this." Poseidon added before Percy could even talk. "I didn't bond with you because of this, I bonded with you because you're my kid. All of you."

"This actually makes sense." Thalia piped up, and everyone turned their attention to her. "Zeus, if he is the only one to know this, maybe that's why he offered Luke and I immortality."

"What?!" The room roared.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Jason question.

"Because she turned it down." Luke said. "It was the beginning of the year, we were just about to start our new lives, we weren't gonna leave you guys."

"Did you know about this?" Piper turned to Poseidon.

"Okay, this one I know." He answered truthfully. "In fact, we all were considering it. I tried with Percy once a couple of years ago and he turned it down. But I mean, he's married now. Athena's on board with Annabeth and Sophie. Your parents are all chiming in already, Hades even went as far as turning Nico."

"Which I messed up." Nico cringed.

"It's fine." Poseidon said. "I can handle that." He offered a smile.

"So-"

"Basically." Poseidon talked over them. "All the things we did, we didn't do it because of Chaos. Even if apparently, it appears that way." He glanced at Aether.

"I trust you." Percy said. "We can deal with that later. What's the update?" He asked his friends again.

"We've decided to stop helping the mortals. 2 out of 5 times they turned against us, so we're done." Chris said.

"Okay." Percy said. "You mean after the bank robbery right?"

"What bank robbery?" Clarisse asked.

"Well before I got here, Will told me about a bank robbery that was being handled by you guys." Percy started to stand up and count the room. "I thought some of you left, I didn't count the people in here." He counted heads and ended at 22.

"Percy we're all here." Thalia dangerously standing up. "We just came back from drug bust."

"Except Annabeth." Luke stood up quicker than ever. "She's not here."

"Yeah, she's upstairs sleeping." Percy said. "She told me earlier."

"What if she's not?" Piper started to run up the stairs.

"Annabeth." Hazel called on the intercom as the rest of the house started to disperse in panic. "Annabeth wake up, Annabeth answer me please." She started to yell franctically.

"It's impossible." Percy didn't want to believe it. "She needs my permission. They need the override code, she can't take out her suit."

"We didn't even see her come into the house, do you even know what she's capable of?" Luke yelled as he strapped into his cloak.

"Oh my gods." Clarisse mumbled. "She must've take my suit before it was stored back from the bust."

"Wouldn't Euclid know?" Poseidon asked warily.

"Not if she takes my suit." Clarisse shook her head. "I don't have an override code."

"Wouldn't you know?" Percy's voice started to raise as she stared accusingly at Reyna and Aether.

"No!" Reyna said. "The extra protection Hecate's kids have been putting up is messing with our whatevers."

"She's not in her room!" Piper yelled, already strapped on to the suit as she ran down the stairs, flinging Percy and Annabeth's suit in hand. "Whose suit did she take?"

"Clarisse's." Leo heaved as he ran down the stairs with his suit strapped on. "I just checked the logs."

"Percy where's the bank?" Thalia asked.

"I wasn't listening to Will." Percy stuttered.

His face had turned white, but instead of panicking as usual, somehow he'd gotten slower at responding. His heart dropped to his feet as fear filled his eyes. He couldn't even process that his wife lied to him, that she and his children are in danger. He wasn't even wearing his suit until Poseidon zapped his suit onto him.

Thalia had already told Luke to run out and find Will and the information, while she and the others flicked through the channels on the TV for a Breaking News.

Luke came in just as quick as they read the text.

"Bank of America Financial Center." Frank read.

"Yeah." Luke said. "The one on 880 Quincy Street."

Just as the word left his mouth, he was already gone. The others followed suit, and Percy, unfortunately was the last to process.

When Percy zapped there, the bank was in ruins and the police were securing the area. Even so, Percy couldn't tell if they were protecting the area from outside interference or protecting the outside from the demigods.

Everything seemed to slow down as guns were raised and the police started screaming for the former heroes to put the hands in the air and surrender. The demigods, without a breath formed a barrier around a body lying on the ground.

Blood was covering the floor, as a hooded figure went to work in healing the bleeding figure. Percy couldn't even think, he couldn't even move. He heard Piper yell to the police to not shoot, and tell them that someone was injured.

Someone was gravely injured.

Annabeth.

"We gotta get her out of here!" Thomas yelled, feeling completely helpless as one wrong move could hurt the babies.

"Nico get her out of here!" Luke commanded as his voice faltered with tears.

"I can't!" He yelled back. "She's too far gone, if I take her down, she might stay down."

"Annabeth." Silena stepped in to charmspeak her as Piper was having a yelling match with the police. "Annabeth, you have to wake up, wake up, wake up." She chanted.

"Annabeth please!" Thalia yelled, her tearful voice not even slightly hidden.

"Percy!" Piper begged.

Something inside him snap, and in that second her rushed and knelt down next to his love.

"Annabeth you have to wake up." Tears he didn't even know was there streamed down his face. "Annabeth please."

With a gasp, her eyes flickered open for a second before closing again in pain, she let out a scream of pain before Percy held her hand. Her hand crushed his in agony, but all her could do was lean in.

"We have to go." He whispered softly. "Please. Go to camp. Think about camp."

"Percy." She whimpered as her breath hitched on ber throat. "It hurts." She choked out.

"Remember the lake. Go to the lake." He planted a kiss on her lips and for a second in time, they were so in synced that they transported into the lake.

Percy arrived with a splash of water up in his face. He found Annabeth immediately when he saw the water around him was tinted red with Annabeth's blood. Annabeth was lying lifeless on the side of the lake, blood dripping slowly. He yelled to the nearest campers.

"Get Will! Call Apollo, get a stretcher! NOW!" His voice rang so loud that the new campers immediately started running without a question.

Annabeth was already unconscious once more. Percy took the lake water and healed what her could. He counted as much as six bullet holes on her shoulder, chest, and torso. He tried his best but stopped when he remembered what Annabeth said about bullets.

"He said the lake!" Hazel yelled as she ran through the trees and saw Percy next to Annabeth.

"The stretcher's coming." Beckendorf said and seconds after, older stronger Ares, Hephaestus, Hermes kids were running to Annabeth with a stretcher.

She was safely moved on top of the stretcher before the campers walked as fast as they can while keeping Annabeth safe. The nymphs immediately cleared the way as the campers carried the stretcher towards the infirmary.

"Sophie's already taking out her blood and so is her siblings who have the same blood type. Thomas and Will are setting up an OR. The Hermes kids are out stealing Hospital equipments." Beckendorf rattled on. "We're trying to get hold of Athena but no one know where she is. In fact, your dad is also gone, and Silena can't find Hermes either. The gods can't be contacted, and that includes Apollo, but Aether's looking for them." He winced.

"I need you to do something for me." Percy said darkly. "No questions asked."

"Of course." Beckendorf managed to answer.

"Get Blackjack on standby outside the infirmary." Percy's eyes glazed over.

Darkness burned in his gaze. Only once has this happened and it was when he was in Tartarus. Beckendorf gave him a slightly terrified nod before leaving. Hazel placed a hand on Percy's shoulder in concern, but Percy shook it off as he walked into the infirmary.

"I know you want to see her but you can't." Will told him as he placed his freshly washed hands into the surgical gloves. "I hate to do this, but you have to wait outside."

Percy didn't have time to react before Will left him and Thomas came with a terrified look on his face.

"Look Percy, I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. But I have to ask this." Thomas sighed. "If it came down to it. If it, gods forbid, ever comes down to it, we need to know who to prioritize. Your kids or Annabeth?"

Percy's face scrunched in uttermost rage and disgust. And what or at who, no one will know for sure because before anyone could ask or stop him he ran out of the infirmary and immediately hopped onto Blackjack.

Olympus. He told Blackjack, and at this moment, Blackjack knew better than to joke or ask questions.

As Percy flew away, his friends ran out of the infirmary after him.

"Where is he going?" Thalia yelled.

"He didn't say, he said No questions asked." Beckendorf said.

"I hate that stupid thing!" Hazel yelled in frustration.

"You want a lucky guess?" Alex said humourlessly. "Olympus."

"That's why he needs Blackjack, you can't zap into Olympus, they don't allow it." Thalia yelled as she started running.

Luke immediately flew after Percy as Thalia, Nico, Jason, Alex, and Hazel ran to the stables and without coordination, took off chasing Percy.

"There's no portal!" Alex yelled to Nico as wind blew ravenously against them. "How is he gonna go through to there?"

"There's a portal." Nico said undoubtedly. "He probably called and asked Aether to open one. Aether's up there looking for the gods, and he doesn't know what Percy's up to."

"What is he up to?" Jason yelled, looking around but Percy was already out of view.

"Whatever it is, it's bad. It's very bad." Thalia didn't even have time to focus on her fear of heights. "We can't leave him alone."

Hazel surprised everyone as she raced in front of everyone without another notice. She was the first the find the portal and Aries ran though it immediately. Arion stopped next to Blackjack who was visibly exhausted and stayed on the landing platform. Hazel got off and took off into a run for Percy. Luke soared above her, going after Percy who was far ahead of them, and the others followed suit.

They were quick but not quick enough as the doors of the throne room swung open when Percy pushed past it.

Every single face in the throne room turned to him and silence dawned. All the Olympians were human sized, all standing up, in aggressive positions that turned against Zeus. Hestia, surprisingly, was still in her seat next to the flame, even when Percy knew for sure that they were bickering before he walked in. Aether was the first to move and walked towards Percy.

"Apollo. They need you at camp. Go now. Please." Percy said, his voice dangerously hollow. Without a question or a breath, Apollo left almost immediately.

"Lady Hera, Lady Artemis. You have no children involved in this, so you are welcomed to leave, and please take Lady Hestia with you, I would hate for her to see this." Percy said, his eyes growing dark with every word he said.

Artemis, who usually would stay, decided to choose against her habit and left with Hestia by her side. Hera on the other hand stayed next to her husband. The other demigods rushed in that same moment before Percy turned to them.

"Close the doors." He commanded. Alex did as told as everyone else stood in horror as Percy stared into Zeus's eyes. "Why?" He growled.

Zeus was steady, his body did not show his fear, but unfortunately his eyes betrayed him.

"You-" Percy's voice rose and echoed. "You knew and didn't tell us! Why?!" He raged forward, his hand on the Hilt of Chaos, while the other reached for Riptide in pen form.

The room seemed to tick with the time passed in silence. Percy didn't take his gaze of Zeus, he barely even blinked.

"Answer me you asshole!" His feet stomped the floor in front of him and a wave rumbled through the hall. Percy had raised the sword Chaos gave him and pointed it at Zeus. Poseidon started forward but stopped when he saw the marble floor where Percy stepped was cracked deep.

"Because you wouldn't go if I told you." Zeus finally answered.

Percy's hand was visibly shaking, and Athena knew Percy was seconds away from a break down.

"Percy." Athena's voice sounded calm and motherly. She glanced towards Aphrodite who got her message immediately.

Aphrodite crept towards Nico, quickly urging him to phone Sally.

"You absolute filth. You disgusting excuse of a living thing!" Percy yelled. "After all we've done for you?! After-" His breath was ragged and he was panting with anger. "You didn't tell them because you know they wouldn't let us go! Because my dad is a decent person. Because they all are or trying to be and you're just shitty!"

"We need-"

"Don't you dare say we." Percy spat as he walked on closer. "This is you. All you. Only you would dangle your own kids in the face of monstrosity. Only you would hide things from your council." He waved his hand around and all the other gods stood back, avoiding the blade. "You selfish, repulsive-"

"Watch your tone!" Zeus said as he grabbed his masterbolt, pointing it at Percy. They were now inches from each other. "I demand your respect!" He roared.

"You'll get it when you earn it!" Percy roared even louder, the tip of his on Zeus's throat. Everyone else in the room was stunned quiet, not even Poseidon moved. "You ruled for too long, you messed thing up for too long. You act high and mighty for too long!" He yelled and Zeus finally saw the darkness behind Percy's pain. "Now answer me." His voice was low and empty. "What do you know?"

"Nothing." Zeus said too quickly.

"LIAR!" Percy screamed as he thrusted his sword forward, forcing Zeus to take multiple steps back if he were not to be impaled.

At this, Poseidon and Athena moved forwards trying to get Percy to lower his weapon.

"Percy-" Poseidon started.

"I'm going to ask again." Percy continued as if he never heard Poseidon spoke. "What. Do. You. Know." Every word dropped venomously.

With one look that Athena gave to the fellow gods other Olympians moved closer to the door in case anything were to happen.

The ocean outside roared so loud that everyone heard it clearly. They say the mortals are predicting a Tsunami or an earthquake or the apocalypse. The skies rumbled though there were no thunders even with Zeus's masterbolt in his hand.

"Three." Percy started to count. "Two-"

"Stop." Hera called.

Ares and Hephaestus had dragged her to safety at the door, but she walked away from them and across the halls towards Percy.

"I'll tell you what he knows." Hera spoke.

Percy, Athena, Poseidon turned their heads towards her. Poseidon took his trident and pointed it at Zeus, as Athena pointed her sword as well, allowing Percy to lower his sword and turned to Hera.

"Talk." Percy said coldly as he approached her, and for once, Hera wasn't worried about respect.

"Believe it or not, gods have nightmares too." Hera started. "The visions were sent to him after Chaos left. The day after your party."

"What visions?" Percy asked and Hera just shrugged.

"I can't say for sure, only he knows." She glanced nervously over Percy's shoulder to Zeus, and Percy followed her gaze and turned. "Tartarus loved Gaea." Hera said attempting to grab back Percy's attention. "Back then."

Percy turned and raised an eyebrow.

"Messed up stuff I know." Hera said. "So after Nyx failed, Tartarus and Ouranos, the unlikeliest of partners, decided to step up. Tartarus wanted revenge for his love, I heard he failed to beat you last time." Her voice had a hint of praise. "And Ouranos wanted to avenge himself. Start over."

"They're not stupid." Hera continued. "They knew one after the other, Kronos, Gaea, Nyx was beaten, so they teamed up, even if they hated each other. If they were to succeed, Tartarus gets to wake Gaea up from her slumber not that Ouranos cares after her betrayal, Ouranos wipes the Earth clean and starts over with someone who wouldn't give him Cyclopes, Giants, or Titans as children." She shrugged.

"The monsters? The hybrids?" Percy urged her to continue.

"Tartarus could as easily let monsters escape." Hera sighed. "Ouranos's dead remains created Aphrodite herself. Who knows what he could do if he regained his consciousness after thousands of years?"

It was Percy turn to look over Hera's shoulders to see his friends and gods alike stunned at the new information. Aphrodite reached out and held Hephaestus's hand, and that simple gesture hurt Percy to his core.

Annabeth.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" Percy looked at Hera in disgust.

"I learned from last time that I shouldn't meddle with demigods." Hera didn't break eye contact with Percy. "Do you blame me?" Percy couldn't say a word. "No one asked either. Not My own brothers and sisters. Not my children." She turned and glanced at the gods huddled with the others. "I guess I was seen as nothing more than the wife of Zeus, and I didn't mind." She scoffed. "It's not like he allowed me to say anyway."

Percy saw Hades placing his hand on Hazel and Nico's shoulder. Hermes went to Luke and Thalia, and Aphrodite found her way to Jason. All of them bracing themselves for whatever comes next, no one brave enough to break the silence.

"Why didn't he tell anyone?" Percy turned to Hera once more.

"Because you wouldn't go if he told you." Hera repeated Zeus's words.

"No, no, no." Percy shook his head. "If he's told us that Chaos was gone, dad probably won't let us go to highschool. But we've been looking for answers for months, why didn't he tell us, why didn't he help?"

"Because it's not your war." Hera said.

There were gasps amongst the gods and demigods. Percy could feel both Athena and his dad turn their heads towards Zeus, their weapons pointed a little bit closer.

"It's ours." Hera said. "Why do you think there are no prophecies? You called the last one the War of the Gods? No. This one is. We're supposed to fight, not you." She looked away and down. "I did help you know. I sent your oracle the prophecy. I got Hypnos to do it, and I did it for selfish reasons maybe, but I did it." She looked up towards Percy. "I don't want to die." Her eyes flickered with fear. "If he had told you, you might not have wanted to help. You've helped enough after all."

"So you sent us the message. Brace yourself. You sent that." Percy said. "And our anagram nightmares."

"It wasn't supposed to be a nightmare." Hera sighed. "I didn't want Zeus to know I was helping you. At that point I wasn't sure yet, so I coded it. And I copied Poseidon's note so you wouldn't suspect me. But then time was running out, so I sent-"

"So you know what's happening?" Percy's voice lowered and softens. As annoying and she may be, Hera, at this point in time, was just a woman desperate for help, scared for her life. "You'll help us? You'll tell us what your prophecy meant?" He asked, and she slowly nodded.

"Stop talking-" Zeus tightened his grip on his bolt, and surged forward, taking Poseidon and Athena by surprise. He brought his bolt down towards Percy.

Percy turned and suddenly Zeus stopped. His hand mid air, bolt menacingly crackling, but he didn't move. Athena gasped and dropped her sword when she saw that Percy had his fists clenched. Poseidon simply gaped. Ares and Hephaestus ran across the room simply to pull Hera back to safety.

The tension was unbelievable.

"An adult male human body is 60% water." Percy said. "I learned that in biology." He scoffed as the tears brimmed his eyes. "Of course I wouldn't remember, but Annabeth tutored me actually." He smiled but it was cold and dead.

"God or not, in your human form, your body is human, still contains water, and sixty percent is not a lot but it's majority." He rattled on. "Annabeth also taught me that." He took a step forward at a stoick Zeus.

"It wasn't Annabeth that taught me to find water in the weirdest of places, like a fossilized shell for example." Percy glared at Zeus who, if he had not been frozen, would have been frozen in fear nonetheless. "But it was her that made me promise never to do this thing to a human being."

"But you're not." Percy scoffed devilishly. The temperature of the place dropped, and everyone was stunned silent. "And she's not here."

Percy pulled his fist back and Zeus let out an agonizing scream.

"Percy!" Poseidon yelled in horror.

"Percy please." Athena took a few steps closer towards him.

For a moment Zeus stopped screaming. Poseidon walked slowly towards him as well, but he didn't dare touch his son.

"Percy don't." Athena begged. "You are better than him, you are better than all of us. Annabeth isn't dead. Not yet. You can't do this."

Percy's gaze never left Zeus's face. He pulled his hand back slightly as Zeus's breath hitched.

"Give me one reason." Percy asked Zeus. "One reason that I shouldn't end you now. Spread you so thin that you join your father before you."

Poseidon and Athena were about to step in, but decided against it when the doors swung open. Percy didn't turn, but the voice made him want to.

"Percy." Sally pleaded. "Percy please."

Athena and Poseidon see Zeus visibly relax as Percy's grip on him loosened. Zeus coughed and choked as he fell to the ground. Percy still hadn't turned to face Sally.

"This suit gives me my father's power." Percy explained. "So you know very well he's more powerful than you." Zeus dared himself to look Percy in the eyes. "If you know what's good for yourself." Percy threatened. "If you hear news about my wife- If it's bad news." Percy placed his sword back it it's strap. "You run."

Percy walked away, Athena and Poseidon on his trail. Percy fell into his mother's hug and started to sob. He fell to his knees and broke down completely.

Sally wrapped her arms around her child as tears came flowing from her eyes as well. Ares and Hephaestus cleared the hall, as they escorted Zeus out. The demigods decided to go back to camp, Aphrodite, Hermes, Hades, Demeter, and Dionysus went along.

Athena stroked Percy's head once, before telling Poseidon that she has to go find Frederick and then head to camp.

"We'll be there in a few." Poseidon told Athena before she left.

The hall was then empty, with only Percy's cries echoing off the walls. Poseidon knelt down and pulled both Sally and Percy into a hug. Percy leaned on to him and never stops crying. He mumbled various incoherent noises, a few sentences that mainly consisted of self-blame.

Poseidon while all the most heartbroken, would only mutter "I know, I know." And keep stroking his son's head.

Truth is Poseidon doesn't know. He doesn't know what kind of pain Percy is going through. He doesn't know what's going to happen to Annabeth, or to the gods. But he does know that his son's world is crumbling in front of his eyes.

And he knows that he needs to be there for him, like a good father he wasn't in the past. Like a father his son will be, if everything goes right.

And you best believe that Poseidon prayed, begged, and wished for it. For a second chance for him and his son. A chance for his son and his grandchildren.

Just a chance. That's all he needs.

A/N

Okay, I do realize that this is the second chapter of my spree, and it's depressing as hell, and I'm sorry. (Maybe) but I hope you'll stick around for tomorrow (and the next week + a few days).

Thanks for reading, thanks for all the support, thank you so much. Love you lots. Like, Comment and Follow me! Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 476 25
Zeus's arrogance has finally tipped his eldest brother, Hades, over the edge as Zeus kills Hades youngest son Alex. Jason, Percy and Nico stand up to...
29K 1.2K 105
The world is hardly ever what it seems. We have seen our heroes fight monsters, gods, titans, and even the very Earth itself. But, there were rules a...
15.2K 518 51
//COMPLETED// I thought that I was just a normal girl, living in a normal messed up family, with a normal messed up life. Turns out it was something...
28.6K 345 10
Ok, so heads up, this is going to be a Pipercy story I'm going to merge two of my favorite types of stories; demigods in high school, and a Percy Jac...