As Of Now [Editing]

Από calmdxwn

"Goodbye, Matthew. I've had enough of this." Camille dela Cruz has had enough of the pain she had gone throug... Περισσότερα

As Of Now Chapter 1: Knowing How Much I Need You
As Of Now Chapter 2: Few Moments Away From Happiness
As Of Now Chapter 3: Closest To Your Heart
As Of Now Chapter 5: Don't Let Me Fall
As Of Now Chapter 6: Playing With Fire
As Of Now Chapter 7: Unravelled
As Of Now Chapter 8: The Fall
As Of Now Chapter 9: Breaking Into Pieces
As Of Now Chapter 10: Vulnerable Truth
As Of Now Chapter 11: Cool Off
As Of Now Chapter 12: Forget It
As Of Now Chapter 13: The Agreement
As Of Now Chapter 14: Strong Bonds
As Of Now Chapter 15: Wishful Thinking

As Of Now Chapter 4: Underneath the Bright Smile

47 0 0
Από calmdxwn

"Of his own will? Parang walang pumilit sa kanya?" I was leaning on the side of Carol's ride, we were both outside her service. I looked down at the ground, thinking things through my little encounter with Matthew. "Yeah, hindi siya pinilit. Nakita ko lang siya pumasok sa classroom at tinabihan ka. Promise, hindi ako nagsisinungaling." She raised her arms in surrender mode, telling me the honest truth she knows.

Demitri and Matthew met my field of vision when I titled my head back up. Seeing them pass by, I notice that Nikki, Thalia and Leigh were a few feet away from them, but still technically following them.

Such stalkers.

"Hey, babalik na ako sa service ko. He's here. You can talk to me by the window though." I told Carol, getting inside the van, sitting at my spot near the window and opening it for Carol.

"Magtatago ka?" she asked half-shocked. I didn't feel like seeing him, or else I might just feel emotional and the piercing feeling in my hands will come back, because I'll have to keep up the lie about my family problem when it was him all along that was the problem.

"Oo, parang ayoko siyang kausapin. I'm," I hesitated, maybe I should already tell her about him and Leigh earlier today, "Still mad, no, jealous?" I can't believe I said that.  "Bakit? Nagseselos?" she asked dubiously. "PDA sina Matthew at Leigh kanina, sakit sa heart." I rolled my eyes at the thought, get that out of my head.

"Hey." Demitri and Matthew popped up from the edge of my window view. I muttered a hi, looking awkwardly below my window. Demitri and Carol started chatting on something I couldn't quite understand, it seems like they're talking over something important, judging by the worried expressions they had on.

Even when I wasn't directly looking at him, I still see glimpses of Matthew staring at me. "You okay?" he mouthed.

I shrugged, I don't even know what I'm feeling right now. "I'll text you later." he raised his phone at me and started tapping away on it. With that, my ride drove off to our village. I was more relieved to get home today, what with the jealousy-there it is again-and the amount of work I'll be doing. Because of me being so into multitasking, I promised myself I'd finish all my work plus my private affairs all in one night.

My phone started ringing after I just went downstairs for some juice. I set down my glass and answered it, not knowing who the caller is. "Hello?" I answered while I placed my bag near my nightstand, pulling out some notebooks and homework. "Hi Cams!" I got greeted by a cute cheery voice, Nikki? 

"Uhm, Nikki?" I asked, my fault for not seeing the caller ID, actually, I don't think I had her number in my phone in the first place.

"Si Nikki nga! Good eve." She sounded awfully clingy right now. Not wanting to sound rude, I continued the conversation, "Hi Nik, what's up?" I casualy asked, jotting down a few answers on my blank worksheet.

"Nakita ka namin ni Leigh sa harap ng bahay niyo, nung papunta kami ni Thalia sa bahay niya."  Recalling the village people here, I remember a girl with wavy brown hair and fair complexion. That must've been Thalia, I've seen here a few times when me and Dawn were at the clubhouse for night swimming, she was walking up to what seemed like her house and locking the door behind her as she stepped in.

"Oh really? Mukhang basura na naman ako," I chuckled, "What were you guys doing there?" It's a school day, and as far as I know, Leigh lives farther than here. Nikki must've been kidding or something, "May kinuha lang kami sa bahay ni Thalia. Last time nandun kami ni Leigh, may mga naiwanan kami." 

"Ohh, well, not to be rude but what's your point?" I chuckled at the last part so it wouldn't make me sound rude.

"Nagpaplano kaming mag-outing sa Saturday, since malapit ka naman kay Thalia, baka gusto mong sumama. I mean, pwede kayon magsabay sa outing namin, if you're up for it." 

'Hmm, I go out with the girls who've been literally stalking my crush all over school or I stay at home and do some homework?'

Homework. I can go some other time.

"Sorry, Nikki, hindi ako pwede eh. I think I'll be busy with school tapos baka lumakad kami ng family some time at the weekend, biglaan ang mga alis namin eh." I sounded sorryy, looking for a fresh sheet of paper for an equation. 

"Aww, well, some other time?" She sounded hopeful, "I'll keep in touch, sure." With that I ended the call and proceeded with my work.

No thanks, I don't feel like hanging out with girls who might just talk about Matthew. Don't get me wrong, I like talking about him to Carol and Demitri sometimes. But with Leigh? She'll just pitch in what happened with her and Matthew over the period of one week, and I'll feel horrible about myself because I wouldn't have a chance on him. 

Homework? Check.

Personal affairs, next. I logged onto my profile and saw a little post from oh look, speak of the devil:

Leigh Enevintes

Baka hindi ko kayang patibukin ang puso mo, pero sana naman mabuksan ko naman ang mga mata mo sa katotohanan.

And then Nikki and Thalia were tagged. Apparently, they were talking about me, even after Nikki had invited me over to an outing with them that I politely turned down on. Why do I think they're talking about me? They commented, loner daw siya sa classroom. Okay, there couldn't have been anyone else in the room then except me, so this just gets my blood boiling. How gorgeous do they think they are? 

I know I'm not exactly the kind of girl who'd look for revenge, but this is really getting to me. I can't just sit around here while they indirectly send hate. I mean, can't they be mature enough not to let this go public?

And so that little imaginary bulb flashed it's light, right on cue. I still remember how I brought my camera on the first week of classes, and since the teachers had told us not to use gadgets every so often now, I had set my camera without flash so it wouldn't be so obvious that I was taking pictures. I caught a photo of Leigh by the doorstep of the class of her ex, Alex. He had shut the door on her since he didn't want to talk things through with her and she slipped whilst spinning her heel to the opposite direction. Epic fail, girl.

I decided to post it tomorrow night so it wouldn't be so obvious that I was offended by her little scheme.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

As if yesterday wasn't torture enough from the devil, now they're shooting me with glares. I caught them whispering something to each other while poorly incospicuously looking at me. Then Thalia gave them a final nod and walked over to my place. "Hey, Camille? Bakit ka mag-isa kahapon sa classroom? Hindi ka kasama ni Carol?" she asked, flicking her hair behind her shoulders. 

"Ahh," I scratched the back of my neck, should I lie or tell the truth? Seeing that if I lied, I'll seem pathetic because I was seeking attention over some lie. Truth, it is. 

"Hinihintay ko lang si Carol. Eh, medyo napaidlip ako. Bakit?" I plastered on a little smile so they wouldn't notice my killer scowl I've been throwing at the face of my laptop screen because of their little post. "Uhm, wala. Medyo," She looked by Leigh who's had a demanding glare at my way, "Na-curious lang ako. Akala ko umiiyak ka don eh." she chuckled a bit, only it seems fake and sort of awkward.

"Ako? Umiiyak? Bakit naman ako iiyak? Medyo napaidlip lang ako." I faked a hurt expression put my hand on my chest where my heart was rapidly beating. I couldn't talk to them without getting a heart attack.  "Hindi, kasama mo kasi si Matthew eh. Parang concerned siya." she covered it up, nodding towards Matthew, who looks sorta busy with reading "Divergent".

"O'nga eh. Ang kulit nga niya. Nababaliw na yata." I glared at the dork and rolling my eyes at him.

An awkward silence elapsed over us as we both took turns looking at Matthew and giving each other awkward smiles.

"Ahh, okay. Thanks for your time." she waved at me before gracefully-literally-walking towards Leigh and Nikki.

I inched closer to Carol's spot and spied up a conversation with her, telling herabout last night and what had happened with Thalia earlier. "But look who's here though." Carol gave me a wink, waving behind my shoulder.

"Pstt. Uyy, Cam." Matthew hollered, Tyson's giving me a smirk and a little wink nod thing of his own too.

"Hey." I acted idle, trying to wadd him away.

"So okay ka na? I'm sorry hindi ako naka-text sa'yo kagabi." he pulled out his phone afterwards, later receiving a ring, "Got no more load, sorry."

"Uhh yeah, pwede na rin. Tsaka okay lang naman na hindi mo na'ko itext. Sayang lang sa load mo." I chucked at the end. 'God, you are the most awkward person at the moment, you idiot'

"Uyy, bat parang kanina ka pa nila Leigh pinag-uusapan?" He placed his arm at the back of my chair, looking at the girls by his spot.

"Pinaguusapan nila ako?! The heck?!" I rolled my eyes at them, snorted, and just sunk deeper into my chair. "Gusto mong kausapin ko sila?" Tyson gave me a stern look, almost sounding serious. Tumingin ako sa kanya with a pissed off face. "Tyson, ano ginagawa mo sa likuran ko? You stalker." I teased. 

Inalis ni Matthew kamay niya sa likod ko at tinanong niya kung ano pwede niyang gawin. "Ewan ko! Basta wag ka na munang maginterfere sa mga problema ko. Tsaka bat ka ba andito?" I raised an eyeborw at him and crossed my arm over my chest. "Masama bang kamustahin ka lang?" he leaned a little closer and gave me a smirk.

"Calm down, princess. Ayan lang si Matthew, kinakamusta ka lang niya. From what I'm hearing, hindi ka niya irerape. So calm down." Tyson joked and we all laughed. "That's sick, Ty." I managed to choke out in between laughs. The bell rang and Matthew coolly walked over to his seat before the teacher came in before greeting.

My stomach started grumbling right when the bell rang, signaling it was time for break. 

"Ano gagawin mo?" she munched her fries while I kept on gulping down my Gatorade. "Basta. Malalaman mo mamayang gabi. Buti nga hindi sila malapit sa'tin." Carol was so into my idea of getting back at Leigh for her stupid post.  "Alam mo, you're so lucky to have a person that's like you?" 

"Oh? Sino?"

"Ako, malamang. Walang nakakaexpect sa'kin na maging masama at malditahin, di ba?" A little smirk played on both our lips as we began eating and eatng some more.

"Hahaha. Bes, mahal kita. Pero basta, mamayang gabi." I assured her, the surprise will be tonight.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

6:52 PM on my clock by my nightstand.

"Hello, Carol?" I dialed her phone and told her the plan is commencing.

"This is she. So asan na?" 

"Teka, nag-uupload na." 

Upload succesfully. Add a caption.

"Pano kaya kung nilagay ko na Wew, pahiya. Nakks nman. What do you think?" Debating over a caption, how lame can you get, Camille?

"Hmmm... baka akalain kang totally bitter." she stated.

"That's the point!" sabi ko.

"Okay, try mo: That moment when you think something is boring but someone does funny." sabi niya.

"Nice. Thanks ah. Itatag kita?" tanong ko.

"Uhmm.. Wag na. Baka masyadong mahalata." sabi niya.

Napost na buong news feed ko. Hopefully, may makakakita.

Five comments already?! Wow.

Aria Hernandez: AHAHAHA First Day :)))

Carol Valencia: Nyc shot, BES. XD

and more.

I laughed to myself in an unladylike manner until someone popped their heads onto my room, I couged awkwardly.

'See how awkwardly lame you're getting?'

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Next morning, I felt really guilty but really victorious. I don't think I want to face Leigh after what I did last night.

"Nice post from last night, bes." She nudged my side with an envelope in her hands. "Yeah, right? Kaso napag-isipan ko kagabi kung anong mangyayari ngayong araw." I stared down on my tracks, feeling nervous approaching the classroom. "Wag kang matakot. Besides, bago ka ngayong year, ibig sabihin." she cocked an eyebrow at me and smiling warmly. 

"Uhm, ano nga ba?" I chuckled dumfoundedly, not knowing where she was going with her statement. "Ibig sabihin wala silang karapatang tratuhin ka ng parang basura. Hindi ka nga nila ganung kakilala eh. " Carol was right, I was new here, they wouldn't know a lot about m than they know everyone since elementary. Ang galing talaga ni Carol. We were walking at the parking lot to the hallway then, spotting a few people at the check-in counter, including Leigh. How lovely.

"Pssttt. Hoy, Dela Cruz." Leigh hollered. 'Dela Cruz? How mature'

"Bat ganyan kang magsalita?" I almost snapped at her. "Wag ka nang magtangahan. Alam ko ginawa mo kagabi." Her eyes flared anger, and now I know this wasn't gonna be pretty. Who cares? She's gonna get what she deserves, which is payback. "Talaga? Oh, ano?" Carol noted the sarcasm in her voice, she seems ticked off now. "Pinost mo ung fail ko sa lahat ng Facebook." She scaremed-whispered at our direction.

"Ohh! Look who's catching on." 'Note the sarcasm, you little brat'

"Just admit it already, naiinggit ka lang sa'kin." Leigh fired back, flicking her dark brown hair back her shoulders. "Walang hiya kang pagsabihan si Camille ng ganyan." And just at the right moment, Carol stood up for my team, fully snapping at Leigh -but not so loud that everyone would hear- and not holding back the anger in her face. "Eh walang hiya din siya eh! Pinapahiya niya ako." she whined.

Andaming dumadaloy sa isip ko. Katulad ng 'Ano ba yan, nakakahiya. Naglalakad lang kami sa hallway, gumagawa pa ng eksena 'tong babaeng toh.'

"Ano nakakahiya? Nagbrowse lang ako sa computer ko para sa bago kong profile pic tas nakita ko ung Fail kong kuha mo. So share ko. Ano masama don? Tsaka dapat nakakatawa yon, ikaw lang naman itong nagsasama ng loob eh." Now I'm ticked off, sh's the one asking for trouble, not me. There we have it. It isn't my fault they had to make me feel bad all over the Net. "The fact that you're too dumb to realize that you don't care what I'd feel!" Leigh rolled her eyes at us and puffed out her chest.

"Wag mo nga akong i-Inglesera. we all know you're just trying to impress." I snapped at her, full on bitter.  Ayan talaga. Talagang sasabihin ko na kung ano nararamdaman ko about her lowly English skills.

"And what does that mean?" she asked pridely doumbfounded. Can you believe this girl? She's so slow.

"What's the point in impressing people when there's nothing to show off? Maganda ka lang, ano pa ang meron sa'yo?" I know I'm cutting deep, but that's the truth. She's so full of herself, but let's check the facts: What fills her up anyway? Except her beauty and her volleyball team, there'd be nothing for a guy to like in the personality department. Sure, she's pretty but is she pretty outside, and on the inside?

"Dang, girl." Carol tipped a bit, shocked and impressed at the same time. I curtseyed a little and faced back at Leigh. "Hey, ikaw ang nagsimula nito. Ikaw yung nagpost ng picture ko, tapos nagmamarunong ka pa?" she fired back.

"Honey, why are you even making such a big deal about that? Pinost ko lang kasi natuwa ako, masama ba yun?" I snapped at her, masyado atang nakakahiya na mag-away sa hallway almost avoiding the many crowds of eyes looking at us wondering what we're arguing about. But what does she have and I don't? Okay, that's not even a question worth answering, because I know she'd have tons of stuff going on other than for some plain girl like me.

"Halika na nga, Carol. Masyadong nakakahiyang makasama yan." I huffed off with my best friend and quickened my pace.

Naglakad na kami papunta sa classroom, mas mabilis pa kay Leigh. Pero, talagang nakakabahan ako kasi baka may teacher na nakarinig. Still, that slug deserves it. She's doing a fine job always getting me into these bad moods. Pagdating sa classroom, dinalian ko sa upuan ko, buhat ang mga books at notebooks ko sa locker. I crossed both my arms and put them on top of my armchair and rested my head on them. Tapos bigla akong nag-isip.

'See what you did? You just had to stoop to her level. Now you've gotten yourself in a bad mood, again. What will happen if some teachers were hanging around? You could get in trouble! And it's your first year in CSA, you can't ruin it by getting in trouble. What will Mom and Dad say if you got in trouble? They would be disappointed!'

"Hey, Camille?" I voice went from where I was, sinked into my arms crossed on my desk. "Ha? Who are you and what do you want? I don't wanna get up." I answered rudely, I can't help it.

"Eto si Josh. May tatanungin lang." Josh, the new guy I'm in my group with, tapped my shoulder. "Ahh, hi Josh. Ano yun?" I tried to seem nice enough so I wouldn't affect a lot of people. "May seatwork ka sa Science galing kahapon?" 

Like a few days back, he wasn't so good with Science. So I offered to teach him and help him with his work, getting a few glares from both Leigh and Matthew.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Intramurals was a part of the announcements Sir Richard mentioned this morning.

Isa tong celebration sa CSA wherein they celebrate the sporty and competetive side of CSA. Parang Olympic Games kaso more friendly and campus-friendly. "So sino ang gustong sumali as dancers and cheerleaders for our team?" tanong ni Sir Benedict.

"Sir ano ba kulay natin?" She sat straighter and raised her hand, only to be put on her head after getting Sir Richards attention from his papers. "Red tayo this year." 

Red, a color of flame, symbolizing passion and fierceness, nice. "Sir, kailan po practice natin with the whole team?" He asked, proping his elbows at his desk.

"Baka mga next week pa. Kasama natin ung sections nina Ms. Audrey, Sir Anton at Sir Cedric." He checked a few more papers for a little note. Sounds like I'll be with Dawn this year, cool.

"Gusto kong makilala kapatid mo." sabi ni Carol.

"O'nga pala. Sige, kung nachempohan ko siya sa break." sabi ko.

 ---------------------

Fourth chapter peoples, sorta like a filler. Sorry about that, I feel doozy and dysfunctional these past few days.

It's edited mostly to English, so sorry for people not understanding some Tagalog. Hi there, I'm Filipina.

What do you think of the cat fight between Camille and Leigh? 

Vote and comment.

Gayle xx

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

AWAKE Από delight2022

Εφηβική Φαντασία

7 1 29
A teen girl hurt by her past, journeys through life in a new environment. Will she cope with a new school, choices, relationships, and life even when...
Stuck Από platyypus

Μικρού Μήκους

25 0 8
High school is not easy. What with strict teachers, overbearing parents, and judgemental teenagers, it's a wonder Jade's made it this far. It's her s...
5.6K 230 15
What happens when you're so blinded by the attention boys have been given you that you ignore the only person who stood by you when you had nothing...
1.1K 30 26
Phoebe Smith has always been the one who gave her friends dating advise but yet herself never had a boyfriend. Term two of her second year of high s...