Someone Like You - Pokemon ♡S...

By _LisaNguyen_

[Will be edited eventually] I couldn't wait to go on a journey and become Champion of Johto. It would've been... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Epilogue
Thank You
Sequel + Updates

Chapter 3

711 26 10
By _LisaNguyen_

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1706

~~♛~~

Lyra~

This would be the moment where we head to Route 30, but I was too concerned about Totodile's condition. After a bit of disagreement, I went to the Pokémon Center while Silver waited somewhere inside.

"Thanks for waiting. I'm happy to inform you that Totodile is back to full health," Nurse Joy informed me.

"Thanks, Nurse Joy," I replied, taking Totodile's Pokéball from her. As I leave the Pokémon Center, I tried to spot Silver somewhere inside.

It turned out he was standing near the entrance and had to extend his arm a bit to make sure we're five metres apart. I gave him back his Pokéball and we both set out for Route 30.

We headed straight north, mostly because Silver's leading the way. While we walked, I registered some entries of the wild Pokémon I saw, such as that Pidgey that flew by and the Caterpie near a tree.

The Egg I got from Mr. Pokémon was in my bag at the moment. I was glad that it fitted perfectly inside... somehow. However, I decided to take it out and carry it, in order to make sure it's safe.

Suddenly, my Pokégear started ringing. Silver noticed and gave me that look, asking me who it is.

I mouthed 'Professor Elm' in response. He understood what I said and nodded, rolling his eyes when he turned his body away from me. We stopped near the trees and hid behind their trunks, to answer him without possible disturbance. I passed the Egg for Chikarita to hold.

"Lyra!? Where are you? The police were searching for you and Ethan, but Ethan came by a few minutes ago and you...! What's happening!?" he asked me in distress.

"I'm in a bit of a 'binding situation', but I'm trying to handle it," I replied hastily, but I hesitated a bit before replying.

"Lyra, you need to go to the police. They might think you're an accessory to the break-in."

"Don't worry. I ran into the police in Cherrygrove City. They cleared Chikorita and I," I reassured him, making sure not to mention Silver.

He nods his head, sighing in relief and wiped the stress on his forehead. "Alright. And what was it that Mr. Pokémon gave you?"

"A Pokémon Egg," I replied.

"May I see it?" He asked. I motioned Chikorita to come closer with the Egg entangled within her vines. She extends them in front of my Pokégear, for Professor Elm to see.

"This Egg... It must belong to a Pokémon I haven't seen before. I've never seen an Egg like that," he commented.

"Yeah. I also met Professor Oak there. He gave me a Pokédex for me to complete," I responded.

"You met Professor Oak!? That's amazing!" he exclaimed.

"Hey, hurry it up. I'm not going to just stand here and watch you talk to someone about something irrelevant," I heard Silver whisper harshly in my ear. Heat overwhelmed my cheeks from the distance between his lips and my ear.

"Professor Elm, I need to go. I'm planning on entering the Pokémon League so I want to get the badges as quickly as possible," I informed him.

"Alright. Just call me when the Egg hatches," he replied before turning his Pokégear off.

I took back the Egg from Chikorita and followed Silver through Route 30. However, a voice stopped us. Then before we know it, the boy who said that appeared, right in front of us.

"You guys look weak! Come on! Let's battle!" he exclaimed as he brought out a Pokémon.

I took out my Pokédex and registered the Pokémon he took out.

"Rattata; the Mouse Pokémon. Eating everything, Rattata will scavenge and settle down wherever food is available. After settling down, it will eat food and produce offspring continuously."

"You battle this trainer. I'll battle the next one we encounter," he told me. I nodded and told Chikorita to head into battle.

"Rattata! Use Quick Attack!" It went so fast that Chikorita was knocked back.

"So fast—"

"Don't take your mind away from the battle." I heard Silver say to me. He sounded a bit irritated and annoyed.

"O-Okay! Chikorita, use Tackle!"

I watch Chikorita maintaining her stance and running up to the Rattata, tackling it backward.

"Don't hold back, Rattata! Counter that with your Tackle!"

Rattata charged towards Chikorita. I felt Silver grip my shoulder, causing me to grow a bit tense.

"Don't close your eyes or wait for the attack," I heard Silver say in a quiet tone. "Tell your Chikorita to use Vine Whip."

"O-okay..." I faced the opponent with fierce determination. "Chikorita, use Vine Whip!"

Chikorita extended the bud on her neck and took a firm hold on Rattata. Then, she lifted it up and slammed it to the ground.

In less than a minute, Rattata was defeated.

"We won!" I cheered happily, along with Chikorita.

I realized how fast the battle was. Did Silver knew that Vine Whip would've ended the battle quickly? I was sure he did, since he was the one who told me to command Chikorita to use Vine Whip.

As I was deep in thought, the boy I battled returned his Rattata in its Pokéball and ran south, specifically to Cherrygrove City.

"If you had used Vine Whip in the first place, that battle would've ended a lot faster," I heard Silver groaned.

My face pouted with annoyance. "Well, I'm sorry then. Happy?"

"The next trainer we face, I'll show you how it's really done," Silver replied, rather a bit arrogantly.

"Could you at least give me a 'Well done' or 'Good job' at least?" I asked, staring a bit sadly to the Egg I'm holding.

He could just ignore me and go on ahead, since the letter from before states that the lighter one will be drawn to the heavier ones, and I'm pretty sure that Silver was on the heavier side compared to me. Also, it could've damaged the Egg I was holding.

This Egg... it's an important species that I needed to discover, for the professor's sake. It might be a rare Pokémon that he hasn't seen before.

Then, I heard Silver sigh. "Fine. Good job. Now let's go."

Better than nothing. "Let's go Chikorita."

"Chika!" she chirped as we caught up to Silver. We continued heading north and just as Silver said, another trainer asked to battle.

"Hey, you! Your girlfriend battled my friend over there! So I'm going to challenge you. Let's battle!" he proclaimed, throwing out a Pokéball with Pidgey in it.

I immediately blushed. Girlfriend!? I'm not his girlfriend! We just met and isn't having a relationship that quick not normal!? What a thick-headed kid!

Silver didn't react at all. He simply grabbed a Pokéball and tossed it in the air. As it did so, he told me "I'll show you how it's really done."

I watch Totodile get out of the Pokéball. The Pidgey started out with Tackle, commanded by the little boy. However, Totodile easily dodged the attack.

"Totodile, use Leer!"

As Totodile dodged the Pidgey, it gave Pidgey a glare, as its eyes started to glow red. Pidgey was taken back a bit and flew back a bit.

"Don't retreat Pidgey! Use Tackle again!" the trainer commanded.

Pidgey flew towards Totodile and was about to tackle it with full force and speed, until Silver suddenly commanded Totodile to use Scratch.

Totodile charged towards the opponent and started to scratch Pidgey repeatedly with its claws.

I, at first, thought that this was the same as my battle earlier, but Totodile seemed to be doing more damage. Pidgey fainted easily.

I was very surprised at how fast the battle was, compared to my battle. He must have some sort of experience if he could battle that easy. That's amazing!

The trainer brought out a Rattata. They were fighting with the move "Tackle", causing me to think what Silver has in mind. I mean, what is he doing?

"Silver, what are you doing?" I asked him.

"It will happen in just a moment..." he simply replied.

I was confused about what he just said. What's the 'it' he's talking about? What's going to happen?

Then as the battle progressed, Totodile suddenly released a spiral of water from its mouth and at Rattata.

"Finally..." I heard Silver say to himself. "Totodile, use Water Gun!"

Totodile released another blast of spiral water from its mouth. The trainer told Rattata to dodge it, but it was too late. The spiral of water lands on its opponent.

Rattata was sent backward. And then fainted quickly.

"Oh no, Rattata!" The trainer cried, bringing Rattata back in its Pokéball and running to Cherrygrove City.

"Wow! That's awesome! You must've been expecting that, right?" I cooed.

"Yeah...whatever," he shrugged it off.

Silver grabbed my forearm and started dragging me up Route 30, while I made sure not to drop the Egg. I couldn't help but feel happy that he's giving me a bit of attention.

I just met him about an hour ago and now, we're travelling together. He may have become my rival if we weren't bonded by the bracelet.

Honestly, I hope moments like these never end. But why was I thinking about that now? I'm sure I'll regret it in the future.

~~♛~~

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 464 18
It's been years since Ash and Greninja went their separate ways and as time went Greninja have adapted to Kalos and human life becoming a guardian of...
9.4K 466 14
𝓦𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝓘 𝓼𝓪𝔀 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓳𝓾𝓶𝓹 𝓸𝓯𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓸𝔀𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓸 𝓼𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓹𝓲𝓴𝓪𝓬𝓱𝓾, 𝓘 𝓴𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓘 𝓱𝓪𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓰�...
343 15 11
Part 5 of the Galar Soulmate Series side story of Love Doesn't Do Encores/A Champion Time For The Heart and side parodies of Dragon's Treasure/Diamon...
30.3K 616 23
As the Kalos gang continue to travel around the region, one little change of mind would trigger several emotional thoughts and revelations, and cause...