Someone Like You - Pokemon ♡S...

By _LisaNguyen_

[Will be edited eventually] I couldn't wait to go on a journey and become Champion of Johto. It would've been... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Epilogue
Thank You
Sequel + Updates

Chapter 2

817 31 12
By _LisaNguyen_

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1924

~~♛~~

Lyra~

I have to get back to the professor's lab. His voice sounded extremely distressed. I wonder what happened.

Alright, Chikorita and I managed to get back to Cherrygrove City. Professor Elm's lab should be to the west, right? As we head west to Route 29, I suddenly ran into a body.

I fell back, so did the other guy. My head suddenly aches. As I get up and looked at who I bumped into, I recognized him as the red-haired guy from the lab.

He groans and looks up. "Oh no, it's you again."

"I-I'm sorry for bumping into you," I quickly apologized. His gaze was now towards Chikorita.

"... You got a Pokémon from the lab, huh. What a waste. That Pokémon is too good for a novice like you."

"What does that mean!?" I asked, getting a bit angrier.

"Whatever, I also got a good Pokémon. I'll show you what I mean," he declared.

Chikorita and I got ready for our first Pokémon battle. The boy threw out a Pokéball, with a Totodile coming out.

"That's a Pokémon from the professor's lab..." I mumbled. I brought out my Pokédex.

"Totodile; the Big Jaw Pokémon. Its well-developed jaws are powerful and capable of crushing anything; even their trainers must be careful. It is small but rough and tough, and won't hesitate to bite anything that moves."

A Totodile... Could it be that Professor Elm's urgent distress involves this Totodile?

"Okay Chikorita, you're up!" I called. Chikorita scampered and stood in front of Totodile.

But something suddenly came up; he's right. I have no experience in Pokémon battles like this.

"Totodile, use Scratch!" Before I know it, Totodile was in front of Chikorita and did a slashing movement, causing Chikorita to stumble back.

What do I do?

"Totodile! Continue using Scratch!" Totodile suddenly did a barrage of Scratches towards Chikorita.

Think Lyra! Think—wait! I could do the same thing, but with another move.

"Uh–Chikorita, use Tackle!" Before Totodile landed another Scratch attack, Chikorita head-butted it, causing Totodile to stumble back.

"Don't you dare lose Totodile! Keep using Scratch!"

"Quick Chikorita! Vine Whip!" I watch two vines come out from the bud necklace on Chikorita's neck and extend itself, lashing it at Totodile. By then, Totodile fainted.

We won.

"Chikorita! We did it!" I cheered, lifting Chikorita into the air. As I did that, I heard the boy mutter, "...what a useless Pokémon..."

"Hey! You can't say that to your own Pokémon!" I suddenly exclaimed. He turned around, and sympathy was nowhere written in his face.

"This doesn't concern you. Mind your own business," he spoke coldly to me. Before he left, I grabbed his left arm.

"Stop! You need to go to the Pokémon Center and heal your Pokémon!" I informed him. He violently escapes from my grasp.

"Stay out of it!" He suddenly screamed at me.

How could he say that to me? All I wanted was to help that Totodile. It must've been from the lab.

I think I'll choose Chikorita since it looks the second-most cutest of them all... I'm sorry Totodile. But I'm sure he, or she will be happy with a kind trainer.

My heart clenched at the sudden thought. This is not the kind of trainer I had imagined for Totodile. Then, I glanced at the boy and saw his eyes trailing down to my wrists.

"That bracelet—Oh no..."

Then, sirens were heard from a distance. The boy grabbed me and hid us behind the trees.

"Tell your Chikorita to distract them," he whispered harshly.

"Why should I?" I whispered back.

"Then both of us will be accused of the crime at the lab."

Arrested? No, I don't want that. But wouldn't I, as a witness, get charges for helping him? But I need to focus on the arresting part! I don't want to go to jail...

"Chikorita, distract the police. Don't let them know we're here," I whispered loud enough for her to hear.

She nods and walks off randomly. About a few seconds later,  police vehicles came to Cherrygrove until they stopped at the sight of Chikorita.

The boy covered my mouth, to prevent any noises from escaping. Some men, and Officer Jenny got off their vehicles and approached Chikorita.

"Officer Jenny, this is a Pokémon from the professor's lab," a male officer informed Jenny.

She nods and approaches Chikorita. Good luck Chikorita!

"Hello Chikorita," Officer Jenny greeted. Chikorita cried out a "Chika!", greeting her.

"Is your Trainer a boy?" she asked. Chikorita shook her head in response.

"Oh, so your Trainer's a girl?" Chikorita nods her head. "Do you know the name of your trainer?"

I watch Chikorita use the vines to form my name. Thank goodness Chikorita remembers my name... "That means Lyra's your Trainer since we were informed that she's the only girl that got a Chikorita from the lab."

"Chikorita!" she chirped happily. I mentally thanked Chikorita for helping me in this type of situation. Honestly, this might be one of the worst things that is happening in my life. I don't want to be a criminal.

I want to have a normal life, even when I ever become Champion one day.

"Well I think we're cleared you. Tell me..." Officer Jenny brought out a picture of the red-haired boy from her pockets. "Do you know where this trainer went?"

Chikorita used Vine Whip and pointed to Route 30. Officer Jenny thanked Chikorita before hopping onto their vehicles and heading to Route 30.

After that, Chikorita scampered towards where we were. The red-haired boy releases me, and I hugged Chikorita tightly, thanking her.

"No time for reunion. We'll have to stick together from now on, until I find a way to remove the bracelet from our wrists."

"Our?" I questioned. He rolled up his left sleeve, revealing a bracelet, almost identical to mine. Where did he get that? Seriously... it almost resembles mine.

"Where did you get that bracelet?" he asked.

That's when I explained to him what had happened, with the old man and the mentioning of a cloaked figure, and all that. Of course, I was surprised that this was happening but why me, though?

I'm sure there were plenty of female trainers that had stopped by in Cherrygrove City.

"Do you know what this bracelet is?" I asked him.

His face was stern, in thought.

"This bracelet... Both of our bracelets... These were made by my father, but how did the cloaked figure you mentioned get the one you're wearing?"

"What happens when we wear this?" I asked, completely ignoring the last question.

"I don't know, but knowing my father, it's something technical and advanced. But he's been missing for about three years, not that I care about him. I have already decided to stay away from his affairs," he informs me.

When he said that he didn't care about his father, it made me tell myself that I should stay away from the idea of asking who his father was. From what he told me so far, he must be a powerful man. But leaving his son... How could he do that?

My father's usually out on some adventure somewhere so I barely saw him, or at least that's what mom said. Honestly, I just want to see him.

"Chika!" I heard Chikorita call out. We turned towards her and saw her pointing to my bag. Oh yeah! The letter.

'Open it when you meet the other half'

The other half must've been the bracelet that the guy was wearing. I took out the envelope that the old man gave me.

"What's that?" he asked.

"The old man gave this to me, saying that it's from the cloaked figure, and to open it when I meet the other half," I replied.

"Why didn't you mentioned that earlier? We wasted time discussing about useless things," he rashly complained.

He must not like his father that much. Or maybe he doesn't like me at all.

I opened the envelope. The boy told me to read it out loud. That's what I did.

Greetings, Lyra,

On your wrist is a special bracelet that has the sole purpose of binding the wearer with the other one wearing its identical twin creation. The reason as to why I made sure you wear it will remain a mystery through your eyes.

Do not fret; in this life, I am not dangerous nor was I the person who gave you this letter. Unfortunately, you will not know of my identity until the very end, or possibly you will never know who I really am.

What I want is for you and the one wearing the other half is for you to travel together, collecting badges from the gyms and heading towards the Pokémon League. There, you shall defeat the Champion and achieve the key in the room behind him.

Once you get to a city, seek those who have a letter from me. There, it will tell you some information regarding the city you're in. And there will also be an additional letter, specifically for you, Lyra.

The bracelet makes sure that you both are from zero to five metres away from each other. It will activate once you two are somewhere close to each other. Take note; whoever's lighter will be drawn to the heavier one, like a magnet, if you chose to try and be more than five metres apart.

Once you defeat the Champion, I hope to see you in the other room.

I will be waiting for you both.

~S

"Who the heck is 'S'?" the guy asked. I just shrugged.

"Well, whatever. You said you wanted to become Champion, right? I'll help, but only to get this thing off me, understand?"

All I did was nod my head in agreement.

"Good. We both have our personal boundaries so stay in yours and I'll stay in mine. For now, lets head to Violet City, the first gym's location."

I agreed. Chikorita and I followed the boy to Route 30, making sure there are no policemen following us. We both stayed at least a metre apart from each other due to our personal space.

But the identity of S is something that clouds my mind and thoughts, respectively. It felt as if I walked into a trap. The letter stated that S wasn't dangerous.

I guess I'll try and process that information.

"Oh, by the way, since now you know that my name is Lyra, what's your name?" I asked him.

He simply replied, "Silver."

~~♛~~

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

343 15 11
Part 5 of the Galar Soulmate Series side story of Love Doesn't Do Encores/A Champion Time For The Heart and side parodies of Dragon's Treasure/Diamon...
446 63 7
"I thought I had no 𝓻𝓮𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓼... Now I realize 𝓘 𝓭𝓸." This was it - you were entering Giovanni's office, prepared to the the evil organ...
199K 6.5K 21
I'm a 16 year old girl, by the name of Umber. And yes, I realize that its a boy name! But anyways, I've been assigned a mission, which is a lot harde...
23.5K 534 8
An autistic Korean American young man died saving a family who were playing Pokémon Go. Luckily for him, he reincarnates into the world of Pokémon! ...