The Original Demi Wolf

By SamanthaPerry0

This is similar to my other story: The Wolf Avenger Percy Jackson was seven when his mother was murdered... More

Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Pilot
Chapter 3: The Night of the Comet
Chapter 4: Friday Night Bites
Chapter 5: Family Ties
Chapter 6: You're Undead to Me
Chapter 7: Haunted
Chapter 8: The Turning Point
Chapter 9: Unpleasantville
Chapter 10: Fool Me Once
Chapter 11: Under Control
Chapter 12: Miss Mystic Fall
Chapter 13: Founder's Day
Chapter 14: Bad Moon Rising
Chapter 15: Kill or Be Killed
Chapter 16: Plan B
Chapter 18: Rose
Chapter 19: Hades
Chapter 20: By The Light of the Moon
Chapter 21: Daddy Issues
Chapter 22: Crying Wolf
Chapter 23: The Dinner Party
Chapter 24: The Last Dance
Chapter 25: Niklaus
Chapter 26: The Last Day
Chapter 27: As I Lay Dying
Chapter 28: The Quest for Protection
Chapter 29: Under the Moon

Chapter 17: Masquerade

10K 391 33
By SamanthaPerry0

Season 2 Episode 7: Masquerade

"You're coming to the masquerade, right?" Tyler asked for clarification as he started to put on a suit.

"Yeah, I'll meet you there. The vampires will also be there with Matt and they know what Katherine looks like. I already got information that Elena won't be going so watch out," I told Tyler as I stood on a stool and fixed his tie. It seemed he was kinda hopeless with them.

"And Katherine looks like Elena. Got it." Tyler let out a sigh as he straightened his tie slightly before leaving.

I stepped off the stool and went to my own bedroom where my suit was. Well my suit and mask which happened to be silver and had a howling wolf etched into the side. A little gift from my mother.

My suit also happened to be silver and a howling wolf crest etched onto the side. It was actually a symbol of the Jackson Family Crest and just so happen to also represent the goddess, Artemis.

Changing quickly, I had Ray drive me to the party where I was met with a lot of people in different masks, suits, and dresses.

As soon as I was in the doors one of the vampires I hired knelt beside me and whispered in my ear, "Katherine tried to compel Matt Donovan. We have already compelled him to forget her orders. He is now with Tyler in his father's study with two females. We're guarding the doors as it is a one-way in and out."

I nodded to the man before stepping through the crowd gracefully. During that time I saw Little Gilbert head up the stairs with Bonnie right behind him.

I would've followed them to see what they were up to, but I felt a witch's presence. Instantly, my eyes locked onto a dark skinned woman. Reaching my magic out hesitantly, I saw her eyes snap to mine.

With that, I tilted my head slightly to head toward the food buffet. She slightly nodded and slowly we made our way there.

"What is a little Warlock doing here?" She asked hesitantly, almost like she could slightly feel out much power I had.

I didn't reply right away; instead, I filtered through the many scents in the room before finding hers. What was interesting was the fact that she had another scent clinging onto her own.

"You're working with Katherine." It sounded slightly like a question, but we both knew it was an observation.

Her eyes met mine and before she could respond, Bonnie Bennett was staring at the unknown witch with an intense look.

"Excuse me, do I know you?" Bonnie asked the woman. Almost instantly, I could tell their scents were slightly similar. A distant retaliative it seemed.

"No, I'm a plus one, I know no one, but it's a great party though." Lucy's voice was short and to the point.

I could tell Bonnie was confused but let the subject drop and walk back to Jeremy.

As soon as they were out of earshot, the woman turned toward me. "Who was that witch?" she asked, her voice low and dangerous.

"Bonnie Bennett. I'm sure you have heard of that line. Seeing as you two are related," I told her plainly before turning to her with a dangerous look in my eye, "Now, who are you and what has Katherine done to you."

She looked startled and stared at me for a few seconds before responding, "I'm Lucy. How can you tell that I am related to the Bennett line?"

"I don't believe we really know one another well enough for me to give you the answer. However, I have a proposition for you. You tell me what Katherine has done, and I can arrange a way for you to get out of vampire troubles," I told her calmly.

I could see that Lucy wanted to take my up on the offer. It was clear to me that Katherine had gained Lucy's annoyance and ire.

After some more hesitation, Lucy started talking, "Katherine wants the Moonstone that the Salvatore brothers have. She had me do a binding spell that linked Katherine's life to Elena Gilbert's life. Anything that happens to Katherine happens to Elena. I don't like doing it but I owe a life debt to Katherine." Lucy looked sad that she was hurting someone else and the fact that she owed a life debt to Katherine.

It was also news to me that the Salvatore brothers have the Moonstone, I knew that it moved from the spot Mason put it in but I certainly didn't expect the Salvatore brothers to have it.

Closing my eyes and focusing on the pull of the Moonstone magic, I felt it trace back to Bonnie. Surprised, I opened my eyes and focused on Lucy.

"Bonnie has the moonstone with her. Get it, bring it to me and I will put a spell on it that will put any vampire to a painful sleep. The spell will wear off within 5 hours though," I told Lucy whose shoulder's untensed as she knew I was going to help her.

"I can get it. What will you do?" Lucy asked

"I am going to try and find the room upstairs that is pulsing with magic," I told her calmly before moving upstairs.

I had just gone up the stairs and followed the scent of Jeremy Gilbert. I heard them, before I saw them. Jeremy was just outside the room telling Stefan and Damon to stop before they killed Katherine and--because she is bound with Elena--Elena as well.

I watched the scene for a few seconds, my hatred of Katherine rising before I ducked around the corner and watched Jeremy go back downstairs.

Feeling satisfied that I now know the room that the vampires seem to be trapped in by magic, I went back downstairs to try and find Lucy.

It took a few minutes because of how crowded the place was, but I finally saw Lucy who seemed to be talking with Bonnie.

I let them talk for a few more minutes and watched Bonnie hesitantly hand over the stone. I heard Lucy thank her before walking away.

She looked around before our eyes met and she walked determinedly toward me. "The stone," she said as she placed it in my hand.

I nodded to her in thanks before covering the stone with both my hands. From there I closed my eyes and concentrated on what I wanted with the stone.

Usually I would utter Greek or Latin words to help, but I'd rather Lucy not know how I did my magic. Sure this cost more magic, but it easily recharges overnight with a good sleep.

For a few more seconds it seemed like nothing happened, before I felt my magic drain out of my. I stumbled for a few seconds and felt disorientated but quickly got my bearings.

Taking a small breath, I handed Lucy the enchanted stone. "This will make Katherine unconsciousness for 5 hours. Make sure she touches it and only her. Any other vampire and Katherine knows that you tried to trick her. Before you hand it to her though make her agree that once you hand it to her, your life debt is over. Make sure you do that before you hand the stone over." I tried to stress the importance of that and I could tell that Lucy understood for she quickly nodded.

Taking the stone gently from me, Lucy moved upstairs and toward the magic which called out to her.

I didn't bother going after her because that was enough drama for me today and I felt quite drained.

I stuck around for a few more minutes, knowing that if I left early it might seem a bit suspicious. But as soon as I heard that the cops were called because someone accidentally died, I quickly got up from the seat I was resting in and made my way outside.

It surprised me for a second to spot Elena walking toward the line of cars alone. Surely Stefan or someone would be with her to make sure she was safe.

Looking around and spotting no one else, I quickly gave Lucy the address of my home to meet me tomorrow, before running up to catch up with Elena.

I was just about to call out her name when I spotted a man in a mask creeping up on her. I didn't think much of it until the man grabbed Elena in a hold and shove her in the trunk of a car.

Just before he closed it though I saw him stick a needle into her neck and saw her relax almost peacefully.

Using my werewolf hearing, I heard her heartbeat slow down like she was asleep, and thankfully it didn't drop to dangerous beating rate. Meaning she was only sleeping and not poisoned or slowly dying.

"Hey! Let her go!" I shouted to the man who was still wearing the mask.

Before I could do anything though, I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head and fell forward dizzy and disoriented.

I turned and spotted another masked man nod to the other man before I felt a sharp pinch in my neck and liquid entered me.

I tried to call out but quickly realized I was too far asleep to shout. Before I could think of anything else. I lost consciousnesses and felt myself being picked up and placed carefully next to Elena.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

362K 13.4K 30
[1] New Beginnings: WARNING!! Story is technically complete but I started editing literally years ago then never finished so the beginning's a little...
83.9K 1.8K 55
Before you read the summary of this book I would like you all to know that there is a NEW VERSION of this book that has a better plotline, more origi...
146K 5.8K 64
No one knows what happens when you die. It's a mystery that has always been. So when my time came, I accepted it with open arms. But as I entered my...
171 5 5
I've finally taken a break from Undertale! I know, crazy, right? Anyways, this is going to be a Percy Jackson fanfiction. I introduce quite a few OC'...