Poison Paradise

By Buddhachips_

"Come here. I'll be good to you." She was his assistant. Nothing more, nothing less. He promised her paradi... More

| Introduction
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.

08.

155 18 16
By Buddhachips_

"Microscopic cat."

I found myself falling into a deep slumber with those two words repeating themselves inside of my mind. Only, the voice seemed to change each time they were repeated. The two words wouldn't stop repeating themselves before the voice of what I was sure belonged to young female girl cut through them.

"I told you not to call me that!" The little girl had exclaimed.

When I opened my eyes again, I was expecting to find myself on the chair I had fallen asleep on but instead, I found myself looking at a little girl. She had the deepest of black hair that fell behind her back going just past her shoulders. When she turned around, I felt as though her blue eyes had pierced through me.

They were definitely glaring at me.

"It wasn't me who said that," I tell her quickly as her eyes do not leave where I was standing.

"What do you want me to call you then?" I hear a teasing voice come behind me, I snap around, recognising the voice almost immediately. I was greeted with a pair of golden eyes, a young boy with crimson red hair that stood at all ends. He had a wide smile wrinkling up on his face, small plasters covering his small face.

"By my real name, of course," I hear the voice of the little girl coming closer to me, a sigh escaping her lips. Before I could even move out of her way or say anything, the girl had gone straight through me. I didn't feel anything and I was certain that she didn't either as she casually walked up to the boy, stopping in front of him, "Do I look like a microscopic cat to you?" She asks, crossing her arms.

I was surprised beyond words to say anything or react to anything that had happened.

This... this is a dream, right?

"Hmmm, nah. I think I will continue calling you that," The boy says, laughing at his joke, his eyes glinting under the bright sun.

I watch as the girl rolled her eyes at the boy, uncrossing her arms. He had avoided her question, something someone I know does a lot, "Whatever you say... tomato head," she flashes a smirk at him, proud of her possible new nickname.

"Am I supposed to react to that?" He asks her, reflecting her smirk on his face. Clearly her nickname wasn't insulting in any way to him.

I found myself smiling softly at these two little children I recognised but didn't recognise at the same time. The scene felt familiar and I didn't know why it did.

Suddenly, my vision distorted, the image in front of me of the little children changed into something else, different faces came into my sight and they were all saying different things.

I caught sight of the same little boy from before however, he wasn't grinning. His eyes weren't sparkling with mischief like before, they were glinting with tears instead. And it saddened me because I felt like I knew why.

I just didn't remember why, though.

Once the images finally finished, I found myself open my eyes yet again, greeted by the darkness of the night sky and the beautiful moon looking down at me. I stifled a yawn, stretching my arms out realising that I was covered with a blanket.

I didn't remember covering myself with a blanket.

I rub my eyes, feeling something wet coat my fingers, when I pulled my hands away from my eyes, I realise that they were tears. Had I been crying?

I remember the strange dream I had; my thoughts racing around as I tried to decode the meaning behind it. The little boy with red hair, the little boy with all the plasters and the little boy who is crying.

My fingers twirled around the pen that didn't belong to me. The notebook I had found was open in front of me, my handwriting scrawled over the page it was on. I had written an entry about the dream I just had, hoping later that I would be able to decode.

I figured that I was the only one who could help myself. Nobody was willing to answer my questions, even Seven who supposedly knew my name, refused to tell me about it.

And he doesn't know that I don't know.

All I could do was write about it and slowly hope to get my memory back.

I put the pen back down to the paper I was writing on, it was a small notebook and the pages were lined. The lines were a gentle mint colour and the cover of the book was a similar mint colour.

I found myself writing out the same two words that had been etched into my mind.

Microscopic cat.

I tapped the pen against the notebook, the sound of my ringtone joining in with the beat. Dropping the pen, I pick up my phone to see that it was Seven who was calling me.

I smile, answering the call, knowing exactly how he would greet me.

"Codename 707 reporting. How are things over at your side? Over," his childish voice says with that pretend serious tone that caused me to laugh. This wasn't the first time he'd called me like this.

"Codename MC responding. Things are pretty dull here. Over." I respond to him, returning with that same serious tone as him. Despite the fact that Seven avoided questions like Boss, I preferred him due to his silly sense of humour.

I hear Seven chuckle from the other side of the line and I smile knowing that he was laughing with me and not at me, "Well, it's a good thing I called you~"

"Yes, why don't you entertain me, 707?" I ask him, rolling on my bed so I could look at the ceiling. It was a simple plain cream colour with the light hanging in the centre.

"Hmm. Hey, MC. Do you remember me?" He suddenly asks me, confusing me. Was this his was to entertain me?

"Nope. Who are you again?" I replied jokingly to him.

"I'm being serious here," he says to me, his tone changing. But, I really couldn't take him of all people seriously.

"And so am I."

"Okay... how's your sister?" He asks me yet another question which confused me some more.

"Who are you? I don't have a sister. Think you got the wrong number." I continue with the joke that he started before the second question was asked.

"I can't tell if you're being serious..."

"Dead Serious."

I hear him sigh through the phone and I don't respond to it as I let him continue what he wanted to say, "Did I entertain you?" He asks, changing the subject and letting me know he was joking around about that.

"To some extent, though I think I did more of the entertaining." I grin whilst I respond to him. A knock on the door causing me to blank out his reply.  "One sec. it's Unknown," I roll my eyes as the codename rolls off my tongue. I push myself off the bed to head towards the door.

"Okay, tell him I said Hi," Seven chuckles, "Talk to you later, MC," he says hanging up before I could say anything to him.

I pull the phone away from my ear as I open the door to find him standing there, not looking any different than any other day, "Seven said hi," I tell him, not opening the door fully, "What do you want?"

I watch as his face twists into a frown; Seven's name obviously effected him and I hadn't quite yet figured out why. I didn't know if I wanted to know why.

"You're getting awfully close to him," He says, his voice lower than usual. I felt myself shiver as he spoke, wishing I had responded a little more lightly to him at first.

"Yeah, that's part of the plan. Isn't it?" I respond as casually as I could, gripping onto the door to prevent my fingers from trembling in his presence, "You know? Join the RFA...Get close to them... you didn't forget, did you?"

He responded to me by glaring and I responded with a sheepish smile knowing that I messed up somewhere and I didn't even know where. "Say... why did you choose me for this?"

I was obviously not that great at the job and I obviously didn't want to be here so, why had he chosen me of all people?

My mind wanders back to the time he had said that he chose me for a reason.

If that was the case, then why did he choose me?

I looked at him, waiting for an answer, the frown of his from before changing slowly into that same smirk I knew of from day one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 17 10
Falling in love with other men Paying attention to other people than him He got sick of it and did something about it ⚠️This will 100% have spoilers...
1.2M 15.2K 42
This is just a book of whatever ideas come to mind in terms of situations involving the characters of Mystic Messenger. Please feel free to comment r...
116K 3.3K 30
Mystic Messenger OneShots and Fanfictions :)) [ D O N E ] 10/17/16
158K 7.1K 41
*Sequel to Mystic Life* 1 year... One whole year has passed since that day you found out the truth about the RFA members. That you were just a tool t...