Dancing In The Rain •Sirius B...

By WeasleyGirl04

•Book 1• "You know what? You're right! I'm not gonna sit here and sob over a stupid boy! In fact, I'm gonna d... More

A Fair Warning
Cast
Trailer
Aesthetics
Playlists
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60/Epilogue
Completed And Sequel
Quotes
I Got Tagged!
I Got Tagged Again!
Let's Just Admire The Artwork
More Artwork!
But Wait, There's More!
There's Still More!
Some Masterpieces

Chapter 19

10.5K 277 114
By WeasleyGirl04

•Edited•

~Claire~

"What do you mean 'What have I done'?" I questioned.
"Did Sirius ever tell you anything about his family?" James asked as he begins pacing back and forth.
"Um, no. Why?"

James stops, his eyes brightening, meaning he's got an idea.

"I've got an idea! Ok, tonight at midnight, meet Sirius at the Astronomy Tower!" James said excitedly.
"What? Why?" I questioned.
"So you guys can make up, and you can cheer Sirius up!" James said like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

I stare at him like he's grown three heads, and he just gives me a curious glance.

"You're forgetting one thing, Potter," I stated.
"What?"
"Sirius cheated on me, there's nothing I can do. And even if I could I wouldn't," I added.

James makes a face before realization dawns on him.

"You mean Halloween?" He asked.

I nodded. Feeling my eyes fill with tears at the memory.

"Sirius never cheated on you. Donna used a Polyjuice Potion," James explained simply.

My mind seemed to click as James continued rambling.

Of course.

Donna literally asked me to help her remember the ingredients for Polyjuice that morning.

She must've had the potion brewed and was trying to get a strand of my hair. All the while making sure she had the potion brewed right.

Not bothering to listen to James's plan, I dashed off to the portrait door.

"Claire? Where are you going?!" James called after me.
"The Astronomy Tower!" I called back as I open the door.
"But it's only 10:30!" James stated.
"So?!"

I dash off in the direction of the Astronomy Tower. Climbing the stairs as fast as I could.
When I got up it was already eleven.

I sat down and looked up at the stars.

I was never the greatest at Astronomy, no, I'm absolutely rubbish at Astronomy.

~James~

I watched Claire as she ran out of the portrait door.

Well.

This shouldn't be to hard.

I climbed up the stairs and opened the door to our dorm, opening it to find Remus reading a book and Sirius in the same position I left him.

"Hey Padfoot!" I exclaimed happily.

He looked up at me with confusion.

"Great news on Claire!" I continued.

He perks up at the mention of her name.

"Claire agreed to meet you at the Astronomy Tower. Actually, she should be on her way right now" I finished.

He looks at me with wide eyes, his grey eyes were filled with tears.

"You're joking," Sirius spoke just over a whisper.
"No. She seemed to feel really guilty, and as soon as I mentioned the plan she was off," I stated.

And much like Claire, Sirius abruptly stood up and dashed out the door.

"Bye I guess?"

~Claire~

I fought back the urge to run up and kiss Sirius as he appears at the top of the stairs.

He silently walks over to me and sits next to me, putting a safe distance between us.

I would kiss him and hug him tightly as I say sorry for all the things I said, but there was one thing stuck in my head.

Did he really mean to risk my life?

There was an awkward silence for awhile, but it was soon broken my Sirius.

"Y-You know I never cheated on you right?" He asked as he looked over at me.

I looked into his grey eyes longingly.

It was then I noticed his tear stained cheeks and bloodshot eyes that were filled with tears.

I wanted nothing more then to hug him and tell him everything was alright. But I wondered, why did he spend so much time with me as Snuffles?

Why did he come and dance with me every time it rained when he could be with his friends, or another girl?

Why did he listen to me, and try his hardest to give advice as a dog?

"Y-Yeah, I know," I said, looking away from him as soon as I said it.

He seemed to be put at ease at that.

"James told me when he told me to meet you here. Polyjuice potion, yeah?" I questioned, earning a nod from Sirius as he visibly gulped.

I could tell there's something bothering him, and I wanted to figure out what. But I didn't know how to go about it.

How do you comfort your
ex-boyfriend?

"You don't actually think I meant to put you at risk, do you?" Sirius asked, solving my problem and speaking his thoughts.
"I-I mean, did you?" I questioned, looking up at him to reveal my tear filled chocolate brown eyes.

He shook his head rapidly as he looked back down at his lap.

"No of course not. I had been trying to get sleep so I was ready for the night, and James woke me up saying we had to get Remus to the Shack. I didn't even know about the storm until we were outside, and James wouldn't let me leave to warn you," Sirius said shakily.

Do I have any reason not to hug him?

"Why did you come?" I asked nervously.
"What do you mean?" Sirius questioned.
"I mean, this last month has had horrible weather. It rains at least four times a week, and you met me every time it rained. Y-You listened to me, bloody hell, you danced with me. I probably looked like a maniac dancing with a dog," I exclaimed.

Sirius looked up at me curiously.

"Those were the only times I felt happy after we broke up," Sirius started, "You definitely did not look like a maniac. I loved dancing with you, dog or not it was amazing. Listening to you was amazing to. Mainly when you talked about what you did that day. It was nice to know you were happy. Though I must say, Snuffles was most definitely not the greatest name," Sirius stated.

I snorted unattractively at his last statement.

"It's great, I love the name" I said with a smile.

He smiled at me as he looks out at the stars as well.

"You know, Sirius. I don't think you're a Wannabe Death Eater. Or a murderer," I mumbled, but he heard me clearly.
"I know you don't" Sirius sighed.
"You do, well why have you been all upset since we talked then?" I asked in confusion.
"Claire. I've been scared for who knows how long, that I would turn out like the rest of my family. And you saying I should be in Slytherin, and that I was just like the rest of the Blacks. Was like my worst fear becoming reality," Sirius explained, looking out into the sky with a faraway look.

I stayed silent for a while.

"I'm no good at Astronomy, but I do know that Sirius is the brightest star in the sky," I started, "and I always thought that it was the perfect name for you, because your personality is so bright. You shine like no other."

He paused for a while before speaking.
"Stars can't shine without darkness."

I took a moment to think about his words.

"What do you mean?"

He chews on the inside of his cheek for a second before looking over at me. Looking me in the eye.

"I hate my family. I hate my whole family. Actually, I don't even consider them family. I know you're friends with Regulus, but I can't even stand to look at Regulus," Sirius growled.
"Why do you not like Regulus?" I questioned, thinking about the younger boy that had treated me so kindly.

"Over the summer, I-I got disowned," Sirius started, but was cut off by my gasp.
"My...my mother usually likes to talk about James being a 'blood traitor' and Lily being a 'mudblood', but I'd make sure she didn't know about you. But Bellatrix told my mother about you, I told her I'd never met a Clairesse, but Regulus told her about our date........and apparently Regulus is getting a dark mark in his sixth year," He finished with tears flowing from his eyes.

I take this as my chance to hug him, wrapping my frail arms around his warm body.

"I'm so sorry Sirius. You're nothing like your family. I shouldn't have said something like that without knowing your full story," I mumbled into his chest.

He nodded a little, and wrapped his arms around me. Returning the hug.

"Back to Snuffles, did you really like listening to me and dancing with me?" I asked, tears now flowing from my eyes.

We were both in tears, holding each other to keep the other from breaking down.

"I loved it. I loved dancing with you, cause I got to watch you look so carefree. And listening to you go on and on about your day made it even more enjoyable," Sirius stated.

I wanted nothing more than to kiss him at that very moment, but then something comes to my mind.

"E-Even if you're being sweet right now, over this past month I've heard enough rumors to know that you haven't given up your player ways," I said, pulling away to come face to face with him.
"My player ways? Oh! Yeah, about that," Sirius said, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"Yes?"

"I'm not actually a player. I let girls use me to get back at their boyfriends or friends. And I get attention from everybody out of it. Actually, you were my first real girlfriend," He mumbled.

I let out another unattractive snort as I meet his serious glance.

"Sirius Black is not a player- wait a second. Does that mean?" I started.
"That Sirius Black has never actually slept with someone before" He finished for me.
"Yes, that's what it means" He sighed.

I burst into a fit of giggles as I think about it.

"Man Sirius. If I had known you weren't a player, we'd probably be dating since the first time you asked me out" I stated.

"Well bloody hell," He mumbled to himself.

While he occupied himself with mumbles. I take this as my opportunity to kiss him.

Pressing my lips against his, I allowed my hands to go around his neck.

He kissed back soon after and wrapped his arms around my waist.

Since we were only sitting on the ground, it was pretty easy to fall onto our backs.
When we pull away, we're laying on the ground next to each other. Me pressed against his chest, and him twirling my hair around his finger.

"I've been waiting to do that for so long" I stated.

He smiled at me as I struggle to keep my eyes open.

"Hey Claire?" He asked, getting my attention so I don't fall asleep.
"Yeah?" I ask in reply.
"Will you be my girlfriend again?" Sirius questioned.
"Yeah," I replied with a grin.

I allowed my eyes to close as I listened to Sirius's heartbeat.

"Hey Sirius?" I asked after a second.
"Hm?" He hums to show he's listening.

"Your chest is warm."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've siriusly had that quote planned to be used since this story started.
I didn't even know how I would use it, I just knew they'd be sitting at the Astronomy Tower and Sirius would say it.
It's my favorite quote.
Anyway! Thanks for reading, and have a nice day!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 4.1K 39
[Book 1] ❝ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭. ❞ Serena grew up well sheltered in a Muggle suburb with her mother...
7.9K 637 34
**COMPLETED** Cover made by @siriusblackisgreat ⚠️DISCLAIMER⚠️: All original characters owned by J.K. Rowling. The only thing I own is the plot. Set...
29.6K 1.6K 47
As they were running down the staircases James was putting on his robes over his pajamas and shirt and trying to fix his tie. On the other hand at le...
271 38 19
This is a fanfic of the marauders time at hogwarts, it follows remus prospective and what he feels and thinks as he faces the angst of the years Ple...