Someone Like You - Pokemon ♡S...

By _LisaNguyen_

[Will be edited eventually] I couldn't wait to go on a journey and become Champion of Johto. It would've been... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Epilogue
Thank You
Sequel + Updates

Chapter 1

949 29 5
By _LisaNguyen_

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc.)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1408

~~♛~~

Lyra~

"So over there is the Pokémon Center. Nurse Joy would heal you Pokémon there whenever they're badly hurt. The one beside it is the Pokémon Mart. They sell some useful items you might need throughout your journey."

Right now, an elder was showing me around Cherrygrove City and gave me some tips and advice for my journey. Chikorita and I started following him to the northwestern part of the city. So far, Chikorita looks happy as she's skipping along beside me.

"Route 30 is north from here. You mentioned that you're looking for Mr. Pokémon's house, correct?" he asked.

"Yup. I'm retrieving a Pokémon Egg from him," I informed him.

"Well, Mr. Pokémon's is just further up the route. Be careful, though. There are some Trainers who are training with their Pokémon and might request to battle. Oh, and also..."

He handed me a strange metal bracelet. "I apologize, but can you help me with something? You see, a cloaked man came by recently and told me to give this to a girl named Lyra, right after I received this. I pretty sure he meant you as your name happens to be Lyra. Don't know what it is though."

I decided to wear it since it looks really cool around my wrist. It suddenly became a bit tighter at first, but then it suddenly secured itself on my wrist. What is this anyway?

"This letter is also given to me. The guy told me to give you this message. 'Open it when you meet the other half.' I don't know what it means, though, but it sounds too important. I must get going now. See you later, miss," the old man parted.

Nothing seems to be bad about the bracelet. Is there suppose to be a hidden camera inside? Well, I shouldn't worry about that now.

"What a strange device. Anyways, let's go Chikorita!" I cheered.

"Chika!" she cried out.

And that settles it; we're heading straight towards Route 30. As we continued north, we saw a tree growing some strange fruits or berries. Chikorita and I decided to ask the man in the house about that tree.

Because of that, we head to the house beside the tree and knocked on its door. The door opened, revealing a man who must've been living in that house.

"Hello, lass. How may I help you?" he greeted me.

"Hi. I was just wondering about that tree you have beside your home. What is the fruit that's growing over there on your tree?" I asked.

"Those are called Apricorns. The ones I'm growing are Green Apricorns. You see, they are seven different coloured Apricorns; blue, red, yellow, black, white, green, and pink. If you collect some of them, you may want to go visit Kurt who's in Azalea Town," he explained to me.

"What will Kurt do with them?" I asked.

"Well, I heard from somewhere that he'll turn them into special Pokéballs. Now that you mentioned it, my Apricorns are ready to be picked, but I'll let you have some. Here, take this Apricorn Box," he said, handing me a basket.

We head outside to the Apricorn tree. He taught Chikorita and I how to pick some Apricorns and to determine whether or not they're ripe. That's when I learned Chikorita can use a move call Vine Whip.

I decided to collect only two since I didn't know how many I will get. We thanked the man for helping us out as we continued north. Chikorita and I tried to be careful of some wild Pokémon that might jump up and attack us.

As we continued north, I spotted another house. It must be Mr. Pokémon's house. I'm sure of it. I decided to enter that house. Once I did, I was immediately called out by a male voice.

"Hello. You must be Lyra," he said.

"That's me. You must be Mr. Pokémon then," I replied.

"Indeed, I am. It was I who sent Professor Elm an email earlier. This Egg over there..." he head to a cabinet and brought out a somewhat white egg with red and blue designs.

"This Egg is what I wanted Professor Elm to examine. A friend of mine from Ecruteak gave this to me. This is a rare egg that you can't find here in Johto. I believe Professor Elm can identify what kind of Pokémon it is," Mr. Pokémon said.

"And with that..." I heard another male voice speak. "... I'm Professor Oak, a Pokémon researcher. So you're Lyra. I was just visiting my friend over there and I happened to have heard you're doing a favour for Professor Elm, right?"

I nodded. "Yup. I was supposed to get this Pokémon Egg for him."

I was carrying the egg as if I was hugging a plushie doll. I need to make sure I secure it properly, or else it might drop. And I don't want to imagine what kind of experience it will be.

"I decided to wait here until you show up so that I can personally meet you. Oh! And who may this be? A rare Pokémon! " he asked, crouching down to Chikorita's height.

"This is Chikorita. I got her from Professor Elm's lab. Say 'Hi' Chikorita!"

"Chikorita!" she chirped happily.

"I see. You must be helping Professor Elm with his research. I think I understand why Professor Elm gave you that Pokémon. Make sure to treat this Chikorita with love and care. Oh right!"

Professor Oak reached down his pocket of the coat that he and Professor Elm seem to be wearing.

"How would you like to help me out? You see, this, in my hand, is the latest version of the Pokédex. It registers the Pokémon's data you've seen or caught. It's like a high-tech encyclopedia of Pokémon, and I would like you to have it," he said, handing me a red Pokédex.

"Go meet many different kinds of Pokémon and complete that Pokédex as much as you can. Let's start off by testing it on Chikorita," Oak suggested.

"Great idea!" I replied. Chikorita came closer as I opened up the Pokédex screen, and moved it in front of Chikorita. Then, an electronic voice started speaking.

"Chikorita; the Leaf Pokémon. A sweet aroma gently wafts from the leaf on its head. It is docile and loves to soak up the sun's rays. Its pleasantly aromatic leaf has the ability to check humidity and temperature."

"That's so cool," I cooed.

"I have a lot of things to do at the moment. Here, I'll give you my number so that we're on the safe side of things," he suggested. I nodded and registered his number. He exited the house before I did.

Once I'm outside, we saw another Apricorn tree with Pink ones. Chikorita and I decided to pick a few. After I finished picking some, my Pokégear started ringing. I checked and saw that Professor Elm was calling me so I picked it up immediately.

"Hello? Lyra, are you there?" he asked, with a stuttering tone. I began to worry. What was going on with the professor?

"Yup, I'm here. What's wrong, Professor?" I answered.

"I-It's a disaster! U-Uh... Oh, this is just terrible! What should I do? It's... Oh, no..."

"Professor Elm? Is there something wrong?" I asked, becoming even more worried.

"Please get back to my lab! This is urgent! The police are currently catching the culprit," he said as the call ended.

~~♛~~

The next chapter is here~

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 464 18
It's been years since Ash and Greninja went their separate ways and as time went Greninja have adapted to Kalos and human life becoming a guardian of...
30.2K 616 23
As the Kalos gang continue to travel around the region, one little change of mind would trigger several emotional thoughts and revelations, and cause...
139K 7K 34
When you woke up, you didn't know what happened. You don't know how you got to the hospital. And you especially don't know the people who are aroun...
23K 1K 80
Red, after winning the Indigo League and rejecting the opportunity to become the Viridian Gym Leader, continues his journey to the Johto Region where...