Don't Forget

By RoyuhltyontheRocks

A terrible accident changes the life of Anna in the first week of her senior year. Or was it an accident? Fol... More

Prologue.
One
Two.
Three
Four
Five
Six
Author's note
Seven

Eight

22 2 1
By RoyuhltyontheRocks

~
Hush child don't speak
Nothing is impossible..
Death is strong...
But love is stronger...
No matter what..
I promise you
Nothing is impossible...
-Anonymous
~

Few days later

Anna's POV

"We need to get to work on finding my killer" I said perched on the window couch in Jacob's room.

I had spent the past few days since my funeral there. Only leaving once in a while to check on my mom, who by the way was drowning herself with alcohol.

I had gotten rid of all the alcohol in the house and I hoped she didn't have it in her to go out and buy more.

Lily and Christian were holding out a bit better than her, but Lily was more withdrawn now.

And, Adrian.

I hadn't seen Adrian since I died.

And I just didn't want to ...

"We'll make a list of possible suspects" he said snapping me out of my thoughts.

He reached into a drawer at the bottom of the shelf and pulled out a notepad and pen.

"We'll write in here" he said flipping to a blank page.

"Why don't you use your phone?" I asked lifting an eyebrow. "It's 2017"

"I'm old school" he said flashing a smile.

I rolled my eyes and looked down at the notepad.

"Where do we start?" I asked nudging him to get started.

"Well, at the top of the list is the unknown person who was driving the truck that hit you" he said quickly scribbling.

"Oh yeah" I said thoughtfully. "Who next?"

"Well, your friends" he replied bluntly. "First, Lily, then Christian and of course Mr Doucheboy"

He quickly wrote the names on the page.

"Did I leave anyone out?" he continued, looking up at me.

"Not that I know of...." I replied. "But it couldn't be any of them... None of them was driving that truck".

"And they're my friends, they wouldn't murder me" I thought to myself rolling my​eyes.

"Well, do you remember what the truck looked like" he asked.

"Uhhhh...." I said closing my eyes. "It's so hard to remember... I didn't get to see it much before it hit me"

"Anna, try harder" he said gently. "It'll narrow down our search"

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.i took myself back to the accident and tried to recall all that happened.

My eyes suddenly snapped open.

"It was a Dodge ram" I said. "I remember.. with tinted windows... Even the windshield was kinda darkened; so I couldn't see the driver"

He quickly scribbled on the notepad.

"That's something we could work with" he said getting up. "Let's start investigating"

***********

Jacob pulled up in front of the Starbucks opposite Lily's house.

"I don't understand why you had to come along" I asked moving out. "I didn't need to ride in a car, I could have zapped here in like, a second"

"Well, I needed coffee and you need my company​" he said getting out too. "So you're welcome"

I rolled my eyes and stepped away from the car.

"Put your ear to your phone or else someone will think you're crazy" I said gesturing to all the people around.

He quickly did so and started walking to the door of the Starbucks.

"Come back here once you're done" he said entering the coffee shop. "I'll come right out to meet"

"Sir yes sir" I yelled with a mock salute.

He smirked and walked into the shop.

I looked over at Lily's house and closed my eyes. When I opened them I was in the small library/study adjacent to Lily's room. I slowly moved out into​ her room.

As I expected she was curled up in her blanket watching my favourite movie - Charlie and the chocolate factory. As it got closer to my favorite part, she started crying.

Screaming, she turned off the laptop and stood up walking towards where I stood. Her tears came down in waterfalls. What do you do when you know you're the cause of such sadness. I couldn't talk to her. Tell her I was okay...

Or could I?

I looked over at the laptop and started to imagine everything I needed to say to her. The laptop screen flickered quickly drawing her attention.

"What the hell is wrong with this damned thing" she yelled, still sniffling.

Slowly, the words I thought began to appear on the page.

Hey

A horrified expression washed over her face.

"Probably not a good idea" I thought to myself. "But I need to"

"If this is Christian playing a fucking practical joke with me right now" she muttered. "I will murder him!"

"It's not Christian" I replied.

"Christian what did you do to my computer!" she yelled again. "How the hell is he doing this, that boy has the brain of a watermelon"

Lily, read carefully...

She looked closer at the screen.

It's Anna.

"Christian this isn't funny anymore" she said under her breath, tears filling her eyes again. "You know better than to joke with Anna right now, it's way too soon!"

That's why it's not Christian, Lily.

It's me...

I would explain why I'm here, but I don't have enough time.

I'm sorry I left you...

By this time, the tears had blurred Lily's vision.

"I don't know how this is even possible" she said amidst sobbing. "But if it's you Anna, I miss you".

I miss you too.

But Lily, you need to stop this.

You're the strongest person I know.

Seeing you like this is going to kill me a second time.

She quickly read all the words on the screen.

"I'm trying so hard to be stronger" she said gently using the back of her hand to wipe her face. "But without you here, everything seems wrong"

I can imagine how to feel...

I've seen you almost everyday...

But please promise me you'll stop...

"I'll try, Anna" she said closing her eyes. "But I won't make promises I can't keep"

All I'm asking is that you try..

"How do I even know this is you?" She murmured.

I can't believe you would watch Charlie and the chocolate factory without me..

"Oh, Anna" she whispered. "I miss you.."

I miss you too...

I just wanted to tell you I'm fine...

I need to leave now...

"Will you come back?" She asked trailing her fingers across the screen.

Of course...

I didn't know I could do this...

So now... I'll come whenever I can to explain ....

"I love you, pancake face" she said sniffling.

I love you too, pipsqueak...

See you around...

"Bye..." She whispered letting a tear drop fall from her eyes.

**********

"It's not Lily" I said as Jacob got into the car beside me.

"How did you figure that out?" He asked as he started the ignition. "And how the hell did you get into the car without ​the keys.."

I looked at him like...

Duh.. I'm a ghost... I floated through..

"Oh yeah.." he said getting the memo. "So, back to it.. how did you figure out it wasn't Lily"

"I just felt it.." I said looking down at my feet. "Also, spoke to her.."

Jacob stopped the car suddenly and turned around to face me.

"How?" He asked wide eyed. "I thought I was the only one that could see you..."

"Don't get your panties in a twist, buster.." I said. "It was through her computer... I found a way to use it."

"Ohh.." he said finally driving out.  " So you think we should cross her out?"

"For now, yes" I replied.

"If you say so" he said taking a turn. "So, Christian's house next?.."

"No" I said gently. "Let's stop by the police station"

"Why?"

"I need information on the truck" I said looking out the window.

"Police station, it is" he said taking a sharp turn.

**********

Jacob pulled up opposite the police station less than ten minutes later.

"So, what's the plan then?" He asked placing his hand on the steering wheel.

"Found out I can actually use computers " I said looking inside. "I could get into their database"

"So you got this?" He asked.

"No" I said slowly. "You'll need to distract them,the computers will act all willynilly when I start to use them.... I don't want anyone to get creeped out"

"Distraction coming up" he said getting down.

I followed him and walked into the police department. I quickly located the main computer and signalled Jacob.

"I'm here to file a missing person report" Jacob said walking to the cubicle I signalled to.

"Goodnight afternoon sir" one of the officers said. "How long has this person been missing?"

"Two days, officer" he replied.

The police officer quickly wrote something down.

"Name?" The officer asked.

"Mrs Cupcake" Jacob said as a matter of factly.

The officer raised his eyes from the boon he was writing in. Jacob kept his face as serious as possible.

"Mrs Cupcake.." the officer said emphasizing each syllable. "Is this your mom or..?"

"She's my cat" Jacob said with a stern expression.

"Your cat?" The officer repeated. "The missing person report is for your cat?"

"I believe you heard me correctly"Jacob said looking the officer square in the eyes.

"Sir, why don't you go home and wait this one out" the officer whose name tag read Dave said trying to stifle a laugh. "I'm sure your cat will come back home"

"Yh.. I'm sure Mrs Cupcake will return to you" another officer said bursting into laughter.

"I'm starting to believe none of you are taking me seriously" Jacob said with a blank look.

All the officers were laughing hysterically by now. I quickly opened the computer and started to search for the files I needed.

"Bingo" I thought as I saw them and started copying them to the flash.

I looked up and saw Jacob move to the center of the office.

Lifting hands in the most dramatic way I'd ever seen..

"WILL NO ONE HELP ME FIND MRS CUPCAKE?!" he yelled.

And with this everyone in the room went wild with laughter.

Even I started sniggering.

"Young man" one officer said clutching his pudgy stomach still laughing. "I'm sure, the animal shelter will help you"

"Yeah" another officer said amidst laughter. "Do you have maybe a driver's license or a voter's card that belongs to Mrs Cupcake that they could use to find her?"

The entire police department burst into another fit of laughter.

I signalled to Jacob and moved out of the building.

He took a look at his phone.

"Well, gentlemen... My Nana just texted" he said with a large smile. "Mrs Cupcake was in the pantry"

"Is this guy for real?" Officer Dave said laughing again as he nudged his deputy.

"Indeed!!..  Mrs Cupcake is family!" Jacob said walking backwards to the door. "Thank you gentlemen for your uselessness.. it's been wonderful"

***************

"Did you get it?" He asked as he got in.

I wiggled the flash drive in front of his face as he sped off.

Soon, we came to the front of his apartment building.

"Flash please?" Jacob said as we got to his room.

I handed it over to him and watched him walk ahead to his laptop.

Placing his laptop at the edge of the bed, he swiftly put it on and inserted the flash drive. The files I downloaded opened up on the computer.

"Can you find out how many Dodge trucks are registered in town?" I asked peering at the screen.

"Good idea" he said typing quickly. "Narrows down the search"

He searched the database, each car by it's category.

"Finally!" He exclaimed. "I found it.. there's just one Dodge truck registered here"

"Is there a name?" I asked hopefully.

"Yes" he said clicking on the link.

I looked across at the screen..

"Christian Jameson" I read....

Author's note:

Hey guys,
It's me again..

I hope you guys haven't given up on me yet.

I've been such a terrible writer.

But I hope you like this...

Enjoy..

Comment and vote, vote and comment

Love
Royuhlty👑

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 182 27
Anna finally escapes her tormented past and has hope for her future, but as lies spiral on and life becomes a reality she realises that everything is...
DAWN By jemimahkoti

Mystery / Thriller

248 47 17
Anna's life takes a drastic turn as she losses both her mother and brother in a car accident, then wakes up in a different world with vampires and de...
219 1 22
(This is based off of something that happened to me but I ended up letting my brain spiral at one point.... very dramatic!) A young teenage girl find...
69 3 13
After her parents died in a car accident, Emma tries to continue moving on with her life. Things change when she meets Chris, a new student. Chris ha...