The Bad Boy's Forever (TBBG S...

By JessGirl93

Note: This version of the story is a draft. The complete book has been published in ebook and paperback and a... More

Summary
Chapter One: My Goal For The Year; To Not End Up In A Body Bag
Chapter Two: A Tween Would Find It Easier To Resist Velour Tracksuit Bottoms
Chapter Three: You're An Ovary Whisperer
Chapter Four: Do You Own A Suspiciously Oversized Trench Coat?
Chapter Five: Desperate Times Call For Abusing Your Dad's Credit Card
Chapter Six: I'll Time Our Liaison for High Impact And Zero Public Indecency
Chapter Seven: My Confidence Shrivelled Up Like A Prune
Chapter Eight: The Guy's Still Got the Perceptiveness of Roadkill
Chapter Nine: Nothing Screams Platonic Like Being Able to Discuss Facial Hair
Chapter Ten:You Can't live With Them,Can't Order A Mob Hit On Them Either
Chapter Eleven: Let Higher Powers Take The Wheel And Drive My Car Off A Cliff.
Chapter Twelve: I'd Sooner Decline The Dessert Menu Than Fight With Cole
Chapter Thirteen: I Think It's Time To Call Off That DNA Test
Chapter Fifteen: I'm As Subtle As The Front Cover of A Bodice Ripper
Chapter Sixteen: You've Got The Tenacity Of A Larry Shipper
PART TWO: THE BAD BOY'S GOODBYE
Chapter 1: It Is A Truth Universally Acknowledged That Victorian Heroes Sucked
Chapter Two: The Next Thing You Know You're Married To A Gigolo from Vegas
Chapter Three: Your Mother Already Thinks I Stripped My Way Through College.
Chapter 4: It'd Suck If My Alcoholic Tendencies Killed Me Before The Wedding
Chapter Five: I've Never Been More Willing To Empty Out My Wallet
Chapter Six: My New Motto Is To Have The Honest Brutality Of A Cardi B Track
Chapter Seven: I'm the Only One Allowed To Be A Sad Sap In This Relationship
Chapter Eight: Your Clothes Could Store More Than Mary Poppins's Bag
Chapter Nine: I've Got Prime Real Estate In The Doghouse
Chapter Ten:You've Gotten Yourself A Boyfriend Not A Lobotomy
Chapter 11:I Was Either In Love With You Or Was A Pathological Liar
Chapter Twelve: There's More Avocado Toast Here Than On My Instagram Feed
Chapter Thirteen: I Had A Higher Crime Rate Than A Small Swedish Town
Chapter Fourteen: The Six Feet Deep Craters Under My Eyes Would Disagree
Chapter 15:It's Crazy How Time Flies When You're Hanging On To It For Dear Life
Chapter Sixteen: Nana's Desperate To Have Her Lion King Moment With The Kid
Chapter 17:It's Scientifically Proven That Redheads Make Terrible Godmothers
Chapter 18:Mom Popped More Pills Than A Washed Out Rockstar Judging Reality TV
Chapter Nineteen:I'm Glammed Up Like I'm Guest Starring On A YouTube Tutorial
Chapter Twenty: I Doubt My Dad Invests In Industrial Strength Earplugs.
Epilogue

Chapter Fourteen: A Valley Girl Stores Kale Like A Camel Stores Water

127K 6.3K 7.4K
By JessGirl93

(Savage^^)

Chapter Fourteen: A Valley Girl Stores Kale Like A Camel Stores Water

Looking back at my life, although it doesn't require too far a look back, I realise that I don't really have a penchant for aggressive behaviour. Am I dramatic? Of course I am, it runs in the family. My grandmother likes to tell me the story about her high school prom date bailing on her and how the very next day she showed up to his house, claiming to be the mother of his unborn child. It'd been a huge production, complete with lots of tears and yelling and cursing the young man in question to hell. Apparently her little ploy worked because she never saw him again. Grandma being the smart cookie that she is knew exactly what she was doing because she never saw the guy again. I think going to a Minister's house and telling him that he's son's definitely not saved himself for marriage and has had a child out of wedlock would prompt drastic action to be taken.

So I think a flair for the dramatic definitely runs in the family and some dormant aspect of my personality that I inherited from Grandma has come alive forcing me into this confrontation. Do I have a game plan? No. Do I have even the slightest hint of what to say to a woman who is causing all sorts of problems in my six year relationship? Not really. But what I do know is that things can't just go on the way they are. Cole might have shut me out and in a way I'm not even doing this for him. My flying all the way down her to talk to Mel isn't a desperate attempt to salvage our relationship. I'm doing it for me. I'm the one who needs answers and I'm the one who does not want to be kept in the dark anymore. If she refuses to see me, I'll find another way to get her to talk. If I'm here, then it's because I refuse to play the part of the clueless girlfriend who gets made fun of while her boyfriend lives a life she's completely unaware of.

I'm preparing myself to argue, to make my case to the manager on duty just so that he lets me up but I realise that while I've been planning out my speech he's been saying something.

"I'm sorry what?" He looks at me a little strangely.

"I said you can go up. She told me to remind you what floor her apartment is on as well as the number. Apparently you two don't see each other often."

"Yes?" I feel a little dazed that Mel gave in so easily. I didn't think she'd want to meet me at all, especially if she's aware of mine and Cole's fight.

He's been so tight lipped about whatever it is that's going on here and that's the one big reason for our fallout. Even when he's called or texted to apologise, he's never once answered my questions and I just don't know why. Without even wanting to, I think about what Leila said to me about Cole being bored and wanting to be with someone who needed him.

Just like I once had.

Make no mistake, I still love him with everything that I am but I don't rely on him for my very next breath like I had when I first fell in love with him. Back then, he took a girl who had absolutely no self-value and who was self-deprecating to a fault. I relied on him to feel good about myself, to see myself in another light than I'd been painted in. Of course I needed him then because he was the only person holding me up. Everything around me, all the relationships that I valued were crumbling and he walked in like this ray of pure, unadulterated light and happiness. He made me love myself, made me realise that I could be more than just the ostracised former fat girl with a dysfunctional family. Because although I'd lost the weight I needed to by the time he came back, my mind was still stuck in the body of that overweight, scared girl who'd been torn into by bullies. I don't need to be reminded of the drastic measures I took to change the number on the scale but I'm terrified to think of what I would have kept doing had he not walked back into my life. Before he came back, I'd pinned my hopes on another boy, his stepbrother Jay and when Cole came and rescued me, those feelings switched to him.

But here's the thing about Cole that makes him so different from Jay. While Jay still thrives on making the girls he dates feel like they need him, Cole's always empowered. Through the years, he's helped me become stronger so that I reach the point where I want him, which of course I do, all the time but I don't need him to exist. Our parents never needed to worry about our relationship becoming too toxic and co-dependant because Cole's not the kind of guy who needs to be worshipped by a girl to feel valued. He's always been there for me, a support that I could blindly count on and he's pushed me to be fearless and confident and love myself for who I am.

So no Leila, Cole isn't the kind of guy who gets off on playing the role of the hero or the saviour. Something else is going on here and I need to get to the bottom of it. Almost in a daze, I take the elevator to Melissa's floor and it's a miracle that I remember her apartment number. I walk the dreary, dimly lit hallway where sounds coming from the thin walls range from someone enthusiastically listening to J-Lo, to people arguing, children crying and two people really, really going at it. I wonder again why it was so important for Cole to live here when he could easily afford better housing. At the time when he made the choice to live in this rather decrepit, almost in shambles apartment complex, he told me it had a lot to do with saving money for the future because of course law school is expensive. But he does not need to worry about covering tuition because his late grandfather left him some money that he's recently come into. Nana Stone transferred the amount to his name and it has helped him cover the scholarship he lost at college after he left the football team. The amount has also made a sizeable contribution to covering his tuition in law school so there's no valid reason for him to be in a place where he's bound to not get any studying done. I've always wondered why he's here and if the reason is the person I'm about to meet then shit's really going to hit the fan.

My steps are small and hesitant. Now that I'm here, the part of me that's much bigger than whatever I've inherited from my grandmother makes itself known. I hate confrontation, I hate meeting new people and thereby I'm terrified on confronting people I've just met. The little that I saw of Melissa the last time I was here doesn't prepare me a lot for what's to come. I'm nervous and my palms are sweating but the determination to not let such a ridiculous thing come between me and Cole pushes my feet forward and then, I'm in front of her door and knocking.

My knuckles barely touch the door when it's opening and I almost lose my balance. It's like she'd been waiting for me and known exactly when I'd walk in. The door swings open and behind it stands the person that I have a whole lot of questions for. The girl in front of me would've given the old Tessa a lot of reason to go hide in bed and cry for days. Melissa's the kind of woman that would cause anyone's insecurities to go into hyperdrives. She's so small and petite and delicate but has curves for days which her sweater dress just accentuates perfectly. Her chocolate brown hair seems natural and is currently cut and styled into a fashionable lob and compared to me, she looks like she's got minimal makeup on. That makes her the fresh faced beauty and me the vamp. Immediately she makes me feel lanky and clumsy and despite the padded bra I've got on, I feel like a little girl.

"Tessa," Damn it, even her voice is deep and husky. It's the kind of voice that makes men dream about it for a long, long time. "I thought I'd see you here soon."

I look around her apartment from my point in the doorstep and I see a mirror image of Cole's loft with the exception of a lot more toys scattered around. I take a quick look to see if her daughter's around because I'd ideally not like to do this in front of a five-year old.

"Lainey's with my mom, in case you were wondering. I was just about to go pick her up."

"Oh, is this a bad time then? Should I come back later?"

It's like she almost knows what I've come here for and she's dreading it as much as I am. But there's a definitely something defensive about the way she's standing right now, like she's ready to fight me off if I say the wrong thing.

Okay, while I have been working on that upper body strength, I don't really have enough in me to ward off this pixie. I should really start paying attention to Leila and her Krav Maga spiel.

"No," She tucks a strand of hair behind her ear and Jesus even that tiny movement is done with the grace of a butterfly. She's one of those women that bring out every single caveman like protective instinct that men possess and for the first time a bit of jealousy begins to unfurl itself within me. We're not the same, at all. I'm clumsy and awkward and as far from being graceful and delicate as you would assume. The remnants of my heavier days are still with me which means that I stomp and I huff and I puff, the least lady like twenty-something you would find. Maybe that's what she's got going for herself, the fact that she makes you want to wrap her up in bubble wrap and put her in your pocket.

"So, may I please come in? I know this is kind of sudden and you weren't expecting me but..."

God, this is so painful that I feel awkward enough for both of us.

"Yes, I mean you can come in. "She moves back to let me in. "But I kind of did, expect you to show up. Maybe not this soon but I knew you'd want to talk to me."

They say you can tell a lot about a person from their home and as Melissa talks, I kind of zone out and silently begin filing information about her in my head. The first thing that I can tell is that this place might just a temporary thing for her. It doesn't feel like someone's home, like it's lived in. The walls are bare without any photos, which is surprising when there's a cute kid involved. The beige, worn carpet beneath my feet has seen better days and has stains in it which might possibly be older than I am. The furniture, if any is threadbare and functional. There's a few chairs scattered around a television that's supported by a wooden crate and I suppose it works as a living room. Given that it's a studio, the kitchen is within the same space and the counter is littered with takeaway boxes and a whole lot of unopened mail. The bedroom and bathroom, like Cole's is separated by a wall that runs straight from the door to nearly half the apartment, further shrinking the space. The only pop of colour in the otherwise grey and beige that seems to be the theme here a little section of the apartment that looks as though it's Lainey's play and study here. There's an adorable purple and pink adjoined set of a chair and desk and perhaps the only sign, aside from the scattered toys that a little girl lives here. Melissa sees my line of sight and uncomfortably shifts as if embarrassed. I'm not judging her, God knows the kind of rat infested matchbox I'd be living in, in New York if it weren't for my dad.All I'm doing is trying to get a sense of her as a person and from the looks of it, she's either really unhappy here or just not into interior design.

"Can I get you something to drink?"

"Oh God no, please just sit. I know I've already imposed enough." I gesture to the set or armchairs in the room instead of the couch because I've already entered this woman's home unannounced, I don't want to abduct her admittedly grim looking couch. And no, I'm not here to have a throw down or to fight because firstly, I wouldn't know how to and secondly, the more time I spend in Mel's company, the more of an idea I'm starting to get as to why Cole is the way he is around her.

"Right okay," She wipes her hands on her dress as though they're just as clammy as mine are and I wonder why she looks so worried and what is it that makes her so nervous around me. Unless she's done something wrong there's no need to look quite this guilty.

"You must be wondering why I'm here."

"Cole...he came home the other day and was obviously really upset. I knew it had something to do with what happened with me over Thanksgiving weekend because I came in the way of his plans. He hasn't really talked to me about it so I don't know what happened but yeah, I think I know what this has to do with."

It irks me when she claims that this is Cole's home, as if the two of them share something. She might not mean it that way but it feels as though I'm the one on the outside. And she knows that she destroyed our plans and must have known that we had some given how guilty she looks but it didn't stop her from reaching out to Cole and asking him for help. It makes me wonder about the kind of role that my boyfriend has in her life and whether unknowingly, Cole's found himself making this mother and daughter pair dependant on him.

"Well, no things didn't go as planned. In fact we had a huge fight over it and I haven't spoken to him in a week."

She flinches and her faces loses a little colour. "I suspected that."

She doesn't apologise though.

"I get that there might have been an emergency and that only he could help but I'm having trouble understanding why it has to be a huge secret. We fought but he's been so tight lipped about that day that there's nowhere we can go from there. Cole, he tells me everything so I don't understand why he's kept me in the dark about this, unless it's got something to do with you."

I'd wanted to take a more subtle approach and not outright accuse her but the more I talked and let it out, the more anger I felt. Some might say that I could have chosen to be more tactful but patience isn't necessarily a virtue that I possess. So when I hear a sniff from her side, it takes a whole lot of effort for me to not roll my eyes. Is she crying? Did I honestly just make her cry? Never in my life did I think I'd be capable of reducing someone to tears, at least not intentionally.

This is not going so well for me, is it?

"Are you crying?" I sound slightly horrified and when she looks up at me I see the red rimmed eyes and the splotchy cheeks. She wipes her face and I'm left in the awkward position where I question whether I should get her a tissue or get the hell out of here.

"I'm sorry I'm crying, this is so embarrassing."

Oh you bet it is.

"It's just that," She hiccups and lets out what seems like a sob. I'm looking around the room, wondering how I can make a speedy exit without tripping over Legos and Barbie dolls.

"Cole's been so wonderful to Lainey and me and I'm so thankful to have him. I never wanted to cause a trouble in his relationship."

Okay then, I'm so glad that she 'has' him. But will someone for Christ's sake please tell me why she's on the verge of flooding the room with her constant stream of tears.

"You must think I'm crazy." She half laughs, half cries.

Well, if she insists...

"No, I don't. I'm just extremely confused."

"As you should be and again that's my fault. I made Cole promise me that he wouldn't tell anyone about...about my life and what goes on here. I didn't plan for him to become a part of my crazy shit but somehow he just did."

That doesn't sound dangerous at all. Oh Cole, what have you gotten yourself into?

"I'm sorry but I have no idea what's going here. What does my boyfriend have to do with all of this? What exactly is going on here?"

She takes a deep breath as if steeling herself to deliver a blow and I almost duck as if the attack is going to be physical. I'm sweltering in my coat and wish I'd taken it off along with my scarf. I want to do it now, so that I can cover myself with it and hide from this woman who's just come out of nowhere and all of a sudden is everywhere in my life.

"You have to know that I didn't plan for this to happen."

That sound ominous. I think i'm having a heart attack. Isn't the process supposed to be slower for women? Maybe if I run out, I won't be lying dead on the floor.

"Could you just get to the point." My voice is shrill, veering on hysteric and I find myself going back to that night so many years ago when Cole first broke my heart. I do my best to never revisit it and have been successfully doing so for many years but it's funny how one sentence can take you right back to a place you've avoided for so long.

"I think it's best if you hear the whole story." She gets up from the chair and begins to pace in front of me, probably wearing a hole in the carpet. She's almost shaking and for the first time I wonder if she's on something right now. She's been on edge the entire time that I've been here, her emotions being all over the place. I'd seen a flash of anger in her face when I'd first shown up and it'd turned to fear and then sadness pretty quickly. I'm starting to get whiplash from all her emotions and it hits me that I really don't know much about this woman other than the fact that her life seems to be pretty troubled. It wasn't really the wisest decision then to show up here without letting anyone know that I'd be here. I'd also timed my visit perfectly, knowing that Cole would be at work.

Oh shucks. I've really dug a hole for myself haven't I? I wonder if someone will hear me if I scream loud enough. Shrugging out of my coat, I place it on my lap and hide my phone beneath it. At least if and when she decides to pull a knife on me I can call 911.

"I moved here a couple of weeks after Cole did." That explains why I'd never seen her when I'd been helping Cole move in. "Before that, Lainey and I had been living with my mom because I'd been evicted from my last place." She gestures to the mound of bills on the kitchen counter. "Not much has changed but when I saved enough to get a place of my own, I made a run for it. Lainey need somewhere better to stay than a trailer park and the kind of assholes that live there."

A shudder passes through me at the pain in her voice. "So we moved in and by we I mean, me, Lainey and her dad, my boyfriend."

Oh okay, that I did not foresee. The last time I'd been here I did not see a guy around the two and had just assumed that they lived alone. It also helped me understand why Cole felt the need to be there for them. Knowing that there's a boyfriend and a father in the picture changes things and makes them a lot more messy.

"My boyfriend, he uh..." Her voice starts to quiver and a shadow falls over her face. I should tell her to stop, tell her that I don't need to hear anything else and that I have pretty good guess of what she's going to say next but it's like a train wreck that I can't stop watching.

"Lainey's dad, we had an argument and Cole stepped in. He uh..."

I don't even pause to think about the words that will next come out of my mouth and just ask, "Where is he now?"

Yup, wrong question to ask because the tears start again and before I know it, I'm getting up and wrapping my arms around a shaking Melissa's shoulders, wondering how I get myself in these situations. I do not know how to comfort a hysteric female, especially not one who looks like she could crumble beneath the weight of my arms. She's outright sobbing between wails of I'm sorry and I'm thinking of the quickest and least rude way of leaving her and get the hell of dodge. But of course life does not work that way and of course I can't leave immediately.

Because the door bursts open with a loud noise and I think that this is it, this is the moment I die in the middle of nowhere in a shitty apartment complex and no one will ever know why.

Then again, like I said I do tend be dramatic at times and this seems to be one of those instances because believe it or not it's not a serial killer by the door but somehow almost something worse.

A very, very upset looking Cole Stone.

Uh oh.

***

He moves around the apartment like someone who knows their way around it. It's funny because just last week he'd been so angry and jealous towards Jay for being so familiar with my apartment.The hypocrisy of it all stuns me but now's not really the time to voice it. Doctor Cole is working hard on making sure that Melissa recovers from her the panic attack that I supposedly caused. Like the naughty kid in class, I sit in a corner and sulk as he makes her tea and covers her with a blanket. He's not even looking at me but I can practically see the anger rolling off of him in waves. I don't think he's ever been this upset with me in recent times and that just makes me angrier to the point that we're both glaring at each other, him slamming doors and cupboard and I'm digging my nails into the palms of my hands, surprised that I haven't drawn blood yet.

This is getting ridiculous and I'm increasingly beginning to feel trapped. He can take care of her all he wants without even bothering to acknowledge my presence but I don't need to be here for that. I grab my things and begin slipping my coat on when he says his first words to me.

"Where do you think you're going?" He's bristling with anger, rage trapped beneath a lot of self-restraint but I've known him so long that I know one tiny push and it'll all come out.

I don't need to be here for that.

"I need some fresh air." The ventilation in this place is horrible. You're either freezing your butt off or drowning in a pool of your own sweat.

"Let me just take care of Mel and I'll...."
"Take your time. I'll leave my details at the front desk. When you're done here, you can come find me."

He takes step towards me, running a frustrated hand through his hair. Just because I'm furious with him doesn't mean that I don't see how exhausted he is. The need to take care of him and make sure he's okay is instinctive. The words are at the tip of my tongue, I want to know if there's something wrong, if he's gotten himself involved in something he shouldn't have in the first place. But with the way he's acting, as if I'm the one in the wrong makes me want to shove a fist in my mouth because honestly he doesn't deserve my concern right now. I don't recognise who he is right now or what's gotten into him. I've watched him lead Melissa to bed, tuck her in and make sure that she's fine. I watched him check in on her daughter and make arrangements for her to stay with a family friend until he picks her up. He seems to belong to this life, to these people and certainly not to me.

"Tessa, don't. Just...give me five more minutes and we can talk."

I want to yell at him that there's no point in talking if he's not going to be upfront. Besides given what a mess I've made here, it's better that I remove myself from the situation. The image of a sobbing Melissa crumbling to the floor is not one I'll forget easily. Heck, I go out of my way to avoid stepping on ladybugs, that's how much I'm averted to causing another living being. So the fact that I may possibly have triggered her makes me feel about two feet tall.

"Take care of whatever you need to here,I know you're busy. Come see when you can." And I rush out of there blinking back tears because looking at Cole feels like I'm looking at a stranger.

***

I feel cold, really cold and it's got nothing to do with the weather. I think I might be slightly in shock and a bit dazed because the Uber driver who's dropping me home asks me if I'm okay a couple of times. I think I nod my head and he doesn't seem convinced. The cold's seeped into my very bones so miraculously when I make it back to my hotel room, I run myself a bath and try to unwind. It's impossible to not think about the day's events and how when I'd started my week I could've never expected that I would end up here. Somewhere along the way, I'd become a planner. I needed my life to be very organised and for me know just how my day was going to go. I paid attention to detail, I hated letting things just unfold with no specific order so as one might imagine, this is my worst nightmare. I don't do spur of the moment too well because once the high wears off, you're left wondering okay what now.

So Tessa, what now?

I curl into a ball in the bathtub and allow my skin to become pruned. Only when I'm certain that my bones have turned to jelly do I get out and slip into a robe. Despite my stomach feeling queasy, I order myself some room service and play friends on Netflix. Normalcy, that's exactly what I need to do, followed closely by packing and getting the first flight out of here.

I check my phone out of habit to find several calls and concerned messages from Cami and Travis and Beth. Apparently Beth had gone to visit me only to be informed that I'd left town so understandably she's confused and worried because my past record of operating under heartbreak isn't that great. I'll call them back later because it's not the texts or voicemails or calls that grab my attention, it's something else entirely. I open up the email and scan it quickly, re-reading it multiple times just to assure myself that I'm not see things. I quickly text Leila just to make sure and then suddenly my heart's beating too fast and my mind's working overtime. I have to physically restrain myself from typing out a reply because what's the lesson we learned today kids? Spontaneity is bad! Still, I wonder if fate really is a thing or if I've got the most kick ass guardian angel looking down at me knowing that perhaps at this point in time, this email is exactly what I need.

I'm so engrossed in the back and forth conversation with Leila that I nearly miss the knock on the door. It must be room service and I'm glad because following the bit of news that I just got, my appetite has made a return. Looking forward to my pizza and chocolate cake, I adjust the tie of my robe cursing myself for not changing into my pyjamas and hoping that I don't flash the poor waiter, I open the door.

Only to have a very angry Cole barge into my room. Okay then, guess I will have to starve for a little while longer and guess what? My being hangry really doesn't help Cole.

I close the door behind him because I don't think the occupants of the rooms around me would appreciate the yelling this late in the evening. And will there be yelling? Of course.

"Wh...What were you thinking showing up at Mel's? Are you insane?"

Of course he's yelling.

"Lower your voice Cole. I don't want to cause a scene." I hiss at him.

He seems incredulous, "Oh now you don't want to cause a scene? Because you know when I came back from work early, only to be told by the damn manager that my girlfriend was in town I was expecting that we'd talk and clear any misunderstandings but instead I find you holding me neighbour while she's having a panic attack. That, shortcake is a scene."

I'm stunned, literally taken aback by how angry he is and it makes me angrier. I move closer to him and shove my finger into his rock hard chest.

"Misunderstanding? Is that what we're calling it? The fact that you dropped dead on me, during the three days we've had together in ages and went out to play daddy in a completely messed up family role play. Is that what you're into these days Stone? Is that what makes you happy? Shacking up with your little Mel and taking care of her kid? Because, silly me, I thought you were so busy with school you couldn't even find the time to breathe let alone raise a family."

With every word, I shove his shoulders making him back into the room. Now, I really don't care if anyone hears us because how dare he accuse me of anything. All of this stupid, unnecessary drama is his fault.

"How's your Mel doing by the way? Is she okay? Have you put her to bed and told her that everything's going to be okay? Did you wipe off her tears and kiss her good night?"

I'm being sarcastic but somewhere down there I'm also voicing my worst fear.

"That's not...we're not, I can't believe your mind would even go there."

I laugh, "That's rich. What else am I supposed to think? Why do you all of a sudden care so much about a woman that you've never met before in your life? What is it about her that's got you acting like someone I barely recognise? Because I look at you and I have no idea who you are."

My voice breaks and to my utter mortification, I feel tears drip down my face. I don't want to cry in front of him, I don't want to be weak. All I want is for him to be honest but how much can he really tell me if I look this pathetic? I turn my back to him and take some deep breaths, calm myself and get ready to try again. Only when I turn around, Cole's right in front of me with no space between us.

"You're breaking my heart Tessie."

He doesn't give me time to think, doesn't give me time to react and before I know it his lips are on mine and his tongue is coaxing my mouth to open. His arms come around me, pulling me to him and erasing any remaining space between us. We're good at this, this is easy and effortless. My arms go around his neck, I'm moving without even thinking. My mouth opens up to him and he groans, hands sliding down my body to my cup my butt. He has magic hands, hands that make me forget why I'm even mad at him. So I allow him to kiss me senseless because I've missed him so much and don't question it when we tumble onto the bed. He never stops kissing me, not even when his hands are busy tugging at my robe and mine slip between his shirt. His skin is so cold that I shiver and I realise that he walked in without any coat, wearing only a thin t-shirt.

I think he needs to be warmed up.

In the back of my head, I hear a voice telling me this is a bad idea and that allowing myself to be distracted won't really help our case. But I tell the voice to shove it because with the way Cole's kissing his way down my neck? They could tell me Zayn came back to One Direction and I still wouldn't care.

Oh wow, he's really good.

"I've missed." He groans against my skin and my hands impatiently tug at his shirt, wanting it off right now. He realises what I want to do and pulls it over in second, flexing those ridiculous abdominal muscles of his as he does so.

Utterly ridiculous.

"Likewise."

He's got the robe off of one shoulder and his tongue laves at the skin there like I'm something delicious to taste but I'd rather have his lips permanently attached to mine so I pull him back up. And it's when things are really going somewhere and my robe is nearly off and his jeans undone that it finally happens.

Room service arrives and I never in my life have I wished to be someone different. Preferably a from the sunny state of California because a Valley girl stores kale like a camel stores water. But alas, my stomach has let me down this time.

And maybe it's for the better. We spring apart at the sound of the knock and it's like being drenched in cold water. I push him off of me and tighten my robe. My cheeks burn like fire as I move around him, doing absolutely anything to avoid looking at him. My face must be flaming red and coupled with the fading bruise mark, I really must make a spectacular view. Thankfully the waiter says nothing, despite me being flustered and nearly dropping the tray as I hurriedly grab it from him. The last thing I need is for him to stumble on a nearly naked Cole in the room.

"Tessie," Cole grabs my arm and tries to turn me around to face him as I stand frozen behind the closed door. I lean my head against it and take a few deep breaths.

"Can you please just tell me the truth, whatever it is."

He's silent for a minute, the longest minute ever and then in a voice so low that I barely hear him, he says, "Yes."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Feel free to leave me an emoji that describes just how you feel about cliffhangers hehehehe. Sorry? :p But I think a lot of you will figure of what's going on here because you're smart like that. The real question is, what happens next? OMG

Thanks so much for all the support on my recent updates! I'm planning on doing something different with this book so just trust me okay? Thanks <3

Also, if you're still reading could you just leave me a line about the kind of books you still like reading on Wattpad? It's all changed so much since when I first joined, yep in 2011 and I'm ancient BUT I feel like most stories now have a tagline they use to draw readers in but literally every story looks the same to me. I don't have a copyright on the term 'Bad Boy' but there weren't as many bad boy stories back in the day when I first posted TBBG. Now it's hard to find a story without it in the title. So apart from the bad boy stories, what pulls you to give a back a shot? Just getting a little feedback because and I'm being brutally honest here, I feel like a Wattpad has been. There are so many new, talented writers here that it's overwhelming. I'm not doing this for reads or votes but yes I would like people to read my work I just don't know what they want to read anymore. Does that make sense?

Anyway, random little rant aside I hope you all enjoy the update and I'll be back with more soon! Thank you so much for reading <3 Don't forget, you can purchase your very own paperback copy of The Bad Boy's Girl on Amazon! EEEEP

Social Media:

Twitter: BlairHoldenx

Instagram: JessGirl93

Facebook: Blair Holden

Love,

Blair

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 42.3K 54
We've all heard about 'the main character'. The type of person who lives through the most dramatic and improbable situations, and finds the kind of e...
993K 17.1K 4
Tessa O’Connell has everything she’s ever wanted for herself by the start of her senior year in high school. With her loving boyfriend Jay and her be...
41.2K 1K 50
The only love Lexi has ever received is those of the fiction novels she reads, but still, she believes somewhere, happiness can be found. Love can be...
1.3M 29K 65
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS 'The Scars Of Your Love' - Emmeline Adams is just getting settled into her new life as a college student in Berkeley, Californi...