Someone Like You - Pokemon ♡S...

By _LisaNguyen_

[Will be edited eventually] I couldn't wait to go on a journey and become Champion of Johto. It would've been... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Epilogue
Thank You
Sequel + Updates

Prologue

1.8K 40 10
By _LisaNguyen_

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1733

~~♛~~

Lyra~

Here we go. Finally! I'll be able to receive my own Pokémon companion!

I grabbed my hairbrush and started brushing my brown hair with careful strokes. After that, I wore my headwear and made my way downstairs. Upon my arrival, I saw my mom already there, sitting on a chair as if she was expecting me.

"There you are Lyra. Ethan was here earlier, playing hide-and-seek with his Marill. I'm afraid you missed him. He left a minute ago," she informed me.

Ethan was my childhood friend. There were rarely any fights between us, and now we're growing up every minute. He found the Marill in the wild and decided to train it, but he did promise that he'll come with me to the lab and get our starter Pokémon.

"Professor Elm called a bit recently before Ethan arrived. He was looking for the two of you. It seemed to be urgent. Do you remember where his lab is?" she asked. I nodded my head in response.

"Good. And also, do you have everything you need? Here, take this bag," she said, shoving a bag at me. I was startled a bit, but hey; aren't most mothers like that?

"Oh, why am I wasting time? Go to the professor, Lyra. Don't leave the town until you show me your first Pokémon, okay?"

I mentally rolled my eyes, but hid it with a smile. "Okay, mom."

Once I left the house, I was just about to find Ethan until—"Boo!" he found me first.

I jumped back, startled, and found Ethan standing to my left. He burst into laughter after seeing my surprised reaction. But all I did was pout my lips until I had a smart idea...

While he was distracted, I crouched down and whispered something inside Marill's ears. Then, Marill jumped up and used Bubblebeam right at Ethan's face. It was my turn to laugh.

"Yeah, yeah, I know Lyra. You got your payback so let's go," he said.

I complied and followed him to Professor Elm's lab. Once we got inside, we were immediately greeted by one of the professor's assistance. We greeted back just before Professor Elm asked us to come over to where he's standing.

"Lyra! And Ethan! I'm glad you came. I'm doing some research regarding Pokémon in these capture devices we call Pokéballs. However, I do believe walking with your Pokémon would bring some advantages, maybe like bonding, or evolution and growth," Elm noted.

"So what do you want us to do, Professor?" Ethan asked.

"I decided to give Lyra a Pokémon, as you already possess Marill. Unless you're okay with having another Pokémon with you. Is that alright?"

"Yeah, it's fine. Right Marill?"

Marill cried happily in response. I smiled at the sight of its smile. Marill's so cute!

"Great! I want you two to walk around with these Pokémon, outside of its Pokéball, and see if there's any special bond or feelings."

Professor Elm asked us to follow him, to the left side of the lab. There stood a machine with three Pokéballs inside, two behind the first one, like a triangle but with the top part facing outwards.

Suddenly, the professor excused himself, as he just received an email on his Poké device, on a table that's on the left from the machine. He started muttering some stuff involving his acquaintance, or something like that.

"Hey Lyra," Ethan started whispering to me. I turned my head to his direction.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"What kind of Pokémon do you think are in these Pokéballs?" he asked.

"Don't know, but I bet they are as cute as Marill," I suddenly cooed.

"Sorry for the interruption," the professor spoke, interrupting our conversation. "My acquaintance; Mr. Pokémon is what people call him, would keep rambling about his amazing discoveries and so on."

Ethan was holding back a smile—I could tell—but he seemed to be playing it cool. But anyways, who was Mr. Pokémon? How come I had never heard of him before?

"This time, he said that the discovery's actually real, but it's probably another Pokémon Egg," Elm said, almost groaning. "But we're still busy with our Pokémon research... I have an idea! Can you go get the egg from him?"

"Sure. It would be a lot of fun!" I replied excitingly.

"That's great! Anyways..." his attention was towards the Pokéballs on the machine. He headed to a drawer and brought out three different pictures of Pokémon.

"These are the three Pokémon you can choose from: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile. Which one would you like?"

Ethan immediately chose Cyndaquil. I really wanted that one since it looked so cute. I think I'll choose Chikorita since it looks the second-most cutest of them all... I'm sorry Totodile. But I'm sure he, or she will be happy with a kind trainer.

"I choose Chikorita."

Professor Elm handed me the Pokéball that was on the left side. I happily accepted it. Welcome to the team Chikorita! Remembering Professor Elm's research, I let Chikorita out from its Pokéball.

"Ah, how lucky you are, Lyra!" I heard Professor Elm say.

"What for?" I asked him.

"You see, this Chikorita is a female. I heard from somewhere that getting a female Chikorita is about 12.5% rare," he informed me.

"Aw! You're a rare female! That's awesome!" I chirped. Chikorita gave me a smile which I couldn't help but smile back. I heard Ethan letting out his Cyndaquil so I turned around towards where he is.

There stood Cyndaquil from the professor's photo.

"It's cute Ethan, but my Chikorita's even cuter!" I said, lifting Chikorita in the air while it lets out a "Chika!" out from her mouth.

"Yeah, I know, but my Cyndaquil will be the strongest, right Cyndaquil?"

"Cyndaquil!" it cried out.

"Alright then, now that you've both gotten use to your Pokémon, Lyra, I need you to go to Mr. Pokémon and retrieve the Egg he's yapping about," Professor Elm said.

I nodded. Ethan and I exited the lab. "I'm going to show Cyndaquil to my parents. You should do the same."

"Sure," I replied to him. He started heading south, to where his house was. As I was about to go back to my house, Chikorita let out a small cry in confusion, pointing its head to the left part of the professor's lab.

I got closer to that section, and there stood a red-haired guy, looking through the window, into the professor's lab. He turned around, noticing my presence.

"What are you looking at? Piss off," he harshly spoke to me.

What's with this guy's attitude? I just met him; what did I do?

"Why are you even looking through the professor's lab? You know, if you want a Pokémon, you can always ask—"

"Annoying brat... don't you have ears? Piss off!"

I pouted. Honestly, I didn't want to deal with this guy. He's so rude. What did I even do to him? And what's he even doing?

I told Chikorita to follow me back to my home. Once we were there, I opened the door and found my mother on the dinner table, reading a book of recipes.

"Lyra! You're back! And this cute little Pokémon here... You must've gotten this from Professor Elm, I assume. Anyways, what kind of task did he asked?" my mother asked, after closing her book and placing it to the side.

"He asked me to walk around with my Chikorita and figure stuff out for his research, and also to get an Egg from his friend, I suppose," I responded.

"That sounds a bit challenging, but you have my full support. Oh! And one more thing."

My mother went up and grabbed something from the kitchen counter, then head back to where I was standing.

"Your Pokégear came back from the repair shop. Here!" she said, handing me a pink Pokégear. It really looks like a flip phone to me. But hey, I'm not complaining that much.

"You can call others when you get their number. Be safe on your journey. I expect you to call me sooner or later, okay?"

"Alright mom," I replied.

I left home with Chikorita. We started to head left, to Route 29. Then, I heard a male voice, recognizably Professor Elm's, call out for me to wait. I turned around and saw Elm heading this way.

"Here Lyra. I'll give you my number, and call you whenever anything comes up. Take care!" he said, leaving. I looked back to where the red-haired boy was and found that he was no longer there anymore.

I head straight to Route 29. Later, I saw a sign, reading "Rt 29; West of Cherrygrove City" Around the area, there were some other Pokémon I haven't seen before.

Chikorita was excited. I was excited as well. We started heading west until we arrived at Cherrygrove City.

~~♛~~

Alright, the first chapter is up(technically the prologue). Sorry that it took so long!

If you haven't already, be sure to read my first Pokémon book, Truth and Ideals.

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 49 16
Silver, son of the leader of team rocket, had grown up to be just as cold and serious as he always was, if not more than before. He and his feraligat...
23.5K 534 8
An autistic Korean American young man died saving a family who were playing Pokémon Go. Luckily for him, he reincarnates into the world of Pokémon! ...
139K 7K 34
When you woke up, you didn't know what happened. You don't know how you got to the hospital. And you especially don't know the people who are aroun...
23K 1K 80
Red, after winning the Indigo League and rejecting the opportunity to become the Viridian Gym Leader, continues his journey to the Johto Region where...