Mates of a Werewolf Hunter

By ValentineWinters

Sixteen-year-old Valentine Winters has always known her destiny as the youngest daughter of an Alpha. On her... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 Valentine's Ordeal
Chapter 2 Unraveling Souls
Chapter 3 Burning Bonds
Chapter 4 Tread Lightly
Chapter 5 The Allure of Irresistible Craving
Chapter 6 The Magnetic Pull
Chapter 7 Embers of Animosity
Chapter 8 Shots Fired, Shadows Loom
Chapter 9 Lethal Alloys of Wolfsbane
Chapter 10 Breaking News
Chapter 11 Unveiling Fate's Chains
Chapter 12 Entangled Vows
Chapter 13 Fiery Temptations and Frozen Rejections
Chapter 14 Academic Alchemy
Chapter 16 Blades of Regret
Chapter 17 Shattered Trust
Chapter 18 Eclipsed by Ambiguity
Chapter 19 Unknowingly Marked
Chapter 20 Lurking in the Shadows of a Rogue's Mind
Chapter 21 Fear
Chapter 22 Sacred Boundaries
Chapter 23 The Lupine Metamorphosis
Chapter 24 What Have I Done
Chapter 25 Fleeting Hope
Chapter 26 So Close Yet So Far
Chapter 27 Ensnared Allies
Chapter 28 Run
Chapter 29 A Retreat to Elegance
Chapter 30 Listen To His Orders
Chapter 31 Who Did You Call
Chapter 32 On the Verge of Freedom
Chapter 33 Heat
Chapter 34 Octavius Get Out
Chapter 35 Wolf's Battle for Control
Chapter 36 Punish His Sins
Chapter 37 Torment Unleashed, Daughter's Cry
Chapter 38 Hunter and Vortexzy
Chapter 39 Vulnerability
Chapter 40 Wrong Move
Chapter 41 Unexpected SheWolf
Chapter 42 Expect The Unexpected
Chapter 43 Moonlit Deceit
Chapter 44 Playing Scissors
Chapter 45 Dream Or Vision
Chapter 46 Blundered
Chapter 47 Jaw Of Death
Chapter 48 Biological Argent Son
Chapter 49 Unthoughtful Death
Chapter 50 Can I Eat You ?
Chapter 51 Evelyn Ra
Chapter 52 Devil Virgin
Chapter 53 Mission Saving Damsels
Chapter 54 Four Warrior Brothers
Chapter 55 TMNT 666
Chapter 56 Mated At Last
Chapter 57 Gabriella
Chapter 58 Happy New Year
Chapter 59 An Eye For An Eye
Chapter 60 Pregnancy Test
BOOK PUBLISHED
Mates of A Werewolf Hunter (Book 2)

Chapter 15 A Teen's Unrelenting Odyssey

35.1K 808 34
By ValentineWinters

Valentine Winters P.O.V

The expression on his face was a fleeting canvas of emotions—initial shock, followed by confusion, and ultimately settling into anger.

"What are you doing here?" he demanded, pointing an accusatory finger at me. I couldn't help but notice the ring on his finger, bearing my name.

Awkwardness hung in the air, especially considering he had my name engraved on his ring, right in front of his unsuspecting girlfriend.

"You know her?" she inquired, her eyes darting between us, oblivious to the tangled history we shared.

"Shut up, Red," Lucifer dismissed her with a snarl.

"Babe," she whimpered.

"Class now, I'll be there in a moment," he ordered, prompting her to huff and retreat with her entourage.

"So?" Lucifer snarled, taking a step forward as I involuntarily pressed myself against my locker.

"Studying," I replied, attempting to deflect his scrutiny.

"Why here? It's dangerous. My dad thinks you're dead," he said, unveiling layers of hidden tensions and unspoken complexities.

"I don't want to see you here," Lucifer declared with a cold finality.

"Suit yourself," I muttered under my breath, prompting a gritted response from him as he walked away. The tension lingered, creating an unseen ripple in our already complicated connection.

Late for class, my first day didn't exactly go as planned. Each shared class with Lucifer revealed his intentional ignorance, leaving a lingering hurt. His deliberate avoidance raised unspoken questions about the complexities of our shared past.

Returning home, my dad's inquiry about new friends only drew a sigh from me.

The following day started with P.E., and I found myself face-to-face with Red, Lucifer's girlfriend. The air crackled with hidden animosity as she spoke.

"So, my boyfriend taught you some lessons?" she remarked, screaming 'pick me' vibes.

"Plenty," I replied with a curt smile.

"Learn," she sneered, and as I tried to pass her, she insulted me.

"Get out of my way, slut," I grumbled, irked by her unnecessary hostility.

"Dirty bitch," she muttered, leaving me puzzled about the source of her resentment.

I shook my head, rolling my eyes, only to be met with Lucifer's presence as he stood before me.

"Get up," he ordered, his tone devoid of any warmth.

"Why?" I asked, creasing my forehead.

"You called my girlfriend a slut," he accused, his expression turning cold.

"She named me a dirty bitch," I defended, feeling the frustration building.

"Aren't you? Apologize," he commanded, his demand hitting a nerve.

My wolf, driven by injustice and fueled by the tension, took over. Before I could comprehend, she tackled Lucifer to the ground, delivering a series of punches that left bruises forming on his face.

Strong arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me away as Lucifer sat up, spitting out blood.

The coach entered, witnessing the aftermath. "Spit it out?" he demanded, his eyes moving between the disheveled scenes.

"She hit me for no reason," Lucifer accused, pointing at me.

My attempt to explain was cut off, leaving my mouth agape.

"Both detention after school," the coach declared, sealing my fate with loathing eyes. The aftermath of the clash left me grappling with the consequences.

Detention began, and Lucifer arrived late, nonchalantly with a hamburger in hand. The coach, seemingly unbothered, dished out punishment, uniting us in an unexpected, shared consequence.

During detention, memories of our twisted history flooded my mind—the torture, the rescue, the forced marriage, and the abrupt departure. Now, in a bizarre twist, we were strangers, sharing a space fraught with tension.

After detention, the hallway echoed with my solitary footsteps until an unexpected assailant approached, thrusting a cloth against my face. As black spots invaded my vision, consciousness slipped away.

I awoke tied to a chair in a hauntingly familiar room—Lucifer's room. The echoes of chains tightened around me as I grappled with a harrowing reality.

Why is it all moving backward? I wondered, my plea for freedom seemingly answered with cruel irony.

Lucifer, brandishing a sharp blade, approached, playing with it as he declared, "You squandered your chance; now you suffer." The disturbing past revisited, as my pleas for mercy fell on deaf ears, and the room closed in on a captive past.

PLZZ VOTE

PLZZ COMMENT

PLZZ FOLLOW

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4M 421K 110
Malia Pierce at the age of nineteen was alone, constantly moving in fear she would be hunted down and found by her tormentors. She is the Alpha's dau...
163K 5.7K 56
(BOOK #1) Faith was a rogue but she wasn't by choice, she was forced to be one. To live on her own in the wild for years since she was 16 years old...
5.1K 382 22
He knows his mate is dead. He never met her but he knows. No wolf wants to be without their mate but young Alpha Bane has lost his before he could ev...
1.5K 31 13
This story has strong language and maybe one day explicit content as of now tho there is none. It's my first story I love constructive criticism. ~~...