FAME | Mateo Bowles

By diorfantasies

Fame fām/ noun noun: fame "The condition of being known or talked about by many people, especially on accoun... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
.
.
IX
.
X
.
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
Outro
Book 2

Disclaimer/ Intro

2.2K 84 103
By diorfantasies

Disclaimer:

This will have sex in it. It will also have drugs and possibly abuse. If you are not older than the age of 16 years old viewer discretion is advised. This book will contain angry Mateo, sweet Mateo, and very sexual Mateo.

I also made this book when I was 15.. so with that being said the plot and shit might not be good. But this book was a hit back then...

This book cover is made by me like always.

Let's get to it.
•••

Analeigh

It's hot on the block today. Everybody's out here including the old geezers playing checkers outside on the porch table. Kids playing with someone's sprinkler running back and forth through it. Somebody's momma is going to be mad that her water bill high. Today's the world record of being this hot in Detroit. And I'll be damned if they ain't lying.

" Peanut stop moving!" I say, moving his head back to where I had it.

" But it hurts." He groans, reaching up to feel the set of cornrows in putting in his head.

I shake my head and pop him with the rattail comb, " It shouldn't. You got that mixed hair. Momma said she wants you to have cornrows because she's not taking you back and forth to the barber to get a cut every 2 weeks."

" Are we low on money again?"

I finish up the last cornrow and tap him to get up. He looks like Sean Paul with them braids in. " No and we won't ever will be."

" Can I go play football down at the hill now?"

I wipe my hands on my shirt and nod my head. He takes off running down the street with some of his homies tagging along with him. Before going inside I clean up my hair supplies and take them back inside the house.

" Momma! I finished his hair where my $10 at?" I yell, placing the hair bucket on the little coffee table.

Momma is never here but today she's here because it's her day off. If she's not here during the day she's out with some different nigga. At night, she's working the pole downtown at Ecstasy. Don't get me wrong, she leaves money for me and my little brother but I'm the sole provider for us. Its just me and him up in this house.

" Girl stop all that damn yelling knowing today my damn day off. Your ten is on your dresser." She says, walking down the old creaky stairs.

I roll my eyes at the sight of her rolling up another blunt. It must be her third of the day considering it's almost dinner time. "You alright? What did you take?"

She shoots me a look, " Mind your business Analeigh. Don't you got some place to be?"

She's right. I damn sure do got some place to be and it ain't here. " I sure do. I'll be back later tonight."

" You better not be out there selling yo pussy! Don't be like the old me! You know I did that when I was you-"

" Momma I'm not sheesh. Bye." I close the door behind me and take a good look at the block.

More people seem to have came outside. Probably because they don't want to run up their gas bill for the air. A few houses down I see my best-friend doing god knows what on her phone.

As I walk down the street I adjust the white spaghetti strap crop top on my shoulders. A few cat calls here and there but I pay it no mind. All it is is just the neighborhood crackheads sitting on the curb.

" Keke! Come on we gotta go to the bando."

She gets the memo and tucks her phone in her bra. Before we leave she runs inside to tell her father she's leaving. When she comes back out we start down the stairs and begin to walk.

" You seen miss Marie's kids yet? Oh the one with the Afro is fine! But the one with the dreads is just.. oh Jesus!" Keke fans herself and smiles at me.

I roll my eyes again. All she does is fan girl over boys that don't even know her. I will never fall for one of these hoodrat little boys around here. That's for sure.

" Keke they don't even know us. Let alone I don't even like these hood niggas." We pass Miss Davidson's house. I say a quick prayer for her and get back to business.

Miss Davidson has cancer and she's battling it in the hospital right now. When everyone got the news we had the whole block out here in front of her house singing church songs and doing prayers. Miss Davidson is one of the oldest elderlys on the block. She was here before any of us came to move in. One of the sweetest old lady's ever.

Keke continues on her love rant about them, " Look we're coming up on their house right now. They just moved here three days ago."

Sounds about right because three days ago I was dealing with Peanut's situation at school. I had to make sure that his ass didn't get suspended for fighting again. But at the same time I wouldn't blame him either. These little boys around here love to tease him about his race. Saying that he's not a real nigga and shit.

Me and Peanut have different dead beat dads who don't show up in our life. My father didn't want to own up to me and that's all I know about him. Peanut's father was a French American man who was in our life until my mom found out he was a drug lord. She was okay about it but then things started getting out of hand and he just up and left me and Peanut, who was only 2 years old.

" Look look! There they go!" Keke jumps up and down and taps my arm repeatedly. I look to my left as we walk down the street.

Sure enough there was a semi-tall light-skin guy with an afro, and full pink lips. He has on a black shirt and skinny jeans with his 11's on. How in the hell is he not fucking hot in that damn outfit? Who does he think he is? Huey Freeman?

The other guy is way tall with purple dreads and hazel like eyes. Wow they're pretty. He has no shirt on and what a sight to see man. A tattoo on his chest and a perfectly formed body with abs.

They don't notice us because they're too busy taking in groceries from the car.

" See see! The one with the dreads is just so fucking fine."

" Keke enough. We need to focus on our sales. How much loud is at the bando?"

" Umm we have 8 zips full." She says, as we finally arrive to our destination.

My Trap House.

It looks just like any old regular house. Nobody has lived in this for atleast 20 years because of the house damage and the inside being torn up. But knowing me, I had to get some money somehow one day. So I got it fixed up to look normal in the inside of it. It costed a lot but it was worth it.

I wanted enough money to just spend on me and Peanut. Dressed in designer and such. So my mans Pablo got me hip to the game. Drugs aren't for kids is what he always said. He was the drug-lord of this neighborhood. I started out as the girl who delivered and gathered the money from the people who ordered. Then I met Kiara or Keke. She was a newcomer and I had to show her how to get things done. We became best-friends and never separated.

Pablo though, he became separated from us. He had our backs through thick and thin. Whenever we got in trouble with the other adults he was there taking up for us. He was like a big brother to us. If we needed lunch money or just money in general he would hand it over and give us a little extra. Pablo loved the kids and would do anything to see the smiles on there faces.

Pablo got murdered in a set up. It was the saddest thing ever. Not only did we loose a brother figure in our life, but he block did too. Of course they didn't know he was a trapper and sold drugs and such. He made sure to mask that image and portray a good one. One where he gave back to the community whenever needed. He helped around the neighborhood with the contracting and everything. You wouldn't have known he was a drug lord. But deep down inside he was.

Pablo's house is now my trap house. The reason why it was never taken up for sale or let alone even touched by people is because they wanted it there for his memory. A guy who had helped the community as the old geezers say. Me and Keke were the only ones allowed in and out that's what he had wrote in a letter. That letter was for us and for whenever he was taken from this earth too soon.

The people on the block respected it. So how when we go in and out this house they just think that we are still grieving after a year. Or maybe they think that's our little get together house. But no matter what they don't came near this house. The people just give it praise in memory of him.

Keke and I keep the bills paid for this house in order for our business. The electric and water bills only though. We go half on each one of those.

Closing the door behind us, I immediately turn on the fans and close the windows. Keke comes back with two zips and places them on the counter. I pull out brownie mix, cupcake mix, and cookie mix from the cabinets. Keke gathers the butter from the fridge and sets them next to the pots and pans that I've set out.

" Alright I make that cupcakes and Cookies while you make the brownies." I say, putting my hair up.

Keke does the same with her box braids and nods her head, " We've got 6 orders for brownies, 2 orders for cookies, and 5 orders for cupcakes."

I turn the gas stove on and start putting the sticks of butter in the pot, " Okay so brownies come two in a pack and cookies come in 3 a pack. Cupcakes come in singles too."

" Lets get to work."

•••

I wipe the sweat from my forehead and collapse on the couch. After a long four hours we're finally done. The sun is setting and so is the heat thankfully. Keke sips her cold grape soda and tosses me one. I crack it open and drink it nice and slow.

" Thank god we're done. " I say, fanning myself with hand.

" Yeah but we still have to deliver tonight. That order was for a party."

" Oh word? Come on lets go get this over with then."

We gather or things and carefully leave no trace of evidence that weed was here. Keke goes and hides our zips then comes back.

" Lets go."

On our way to the address, we walk past those boys' house. They aren't outside like the rest of the teens and kids. They probably are getting ready for the party we're delivering to.

With the sun setting not a lot of adults are out here now. The old geezers packed up and went inside already. It's just the teens and a little bit of kids. When the streetlights come on that's when our age of people come out and the little ones go inside.

Speaking of street lights, I watch each of them click one. Then wait for the annoying sounds of mothers calling their kids inside. House by house each kid says their goodbyes to their friends and runs inside. Mothers awaiting to welcome them and feed them dinner.

At the same time the boys start coming out along with the Thotties. Reaching in my pocket, I check the time on my phone. It's already 8 o'clock.

" Look there go Justin and Jayson." She sequels pointing up the street.

Jayson is my bestfriend while Justin is just plain annoying. He's always trying to hit on me including the rest of their group, Kareem and Kaleb. Jayson is always there to save the day whenever they start up their flirting. Thank god for him.

I groan and throw my head black, "Please tell me that this isn't Justin's party we're delivering too."

" Yeah. Isn't he cute? His fine self with them braces."

If she don't fucking stop. His annoying ass need them damn braces for them shark ass teeth he got.

We arrive at the house and they're all sitting on the porch. Music can be heard from coming inside the house. Jayson automatically smiles when I start walking up the stair. I decide to do my grand entrance as a joke.

I turn around and pose and then pose again, " Yes I'm here. Get into me."

" Ayee wassup Analeigh!" Kareem holds his arms out for a hug. I politely give him dap instead.

" Ahhh she don't like you! What I tell you!" Kaleb laughs. Kiara comes up the stairs and gives the twins a hug instead of me.

" See why can't you be like Keke? She's nice." Kareem chuckles.

" Because I ain't friendly like her." I say climbing onto Jaysons lap. He wraps his arms around my waist tightly.

" Aww cute couple alert." That annoying voice says. I roll my eyes as he comes out the house.

Justin shakes his head, " That's not nice. Where is my baby keke at?"

" Right here!" She smiles, waving her hand at him.

" Come here. I know you missed me." He smirks, opening his arms awaiting his hug.

Of course keke runs right into his arms. I gag in disgust and shake my head. He's just running his game on her. All he wants his pussy no relationship at all.

" Aye man.. y'all got our order?" Kaleb runs his fingers through his curls. I nod my head and hold up two brown bags.

One with the cupcakes placed cupcakes in there so not to spill and the other with the brownies and cookies. " That's what I'm talkin about how much I owe you?" Justin says.

" $185.. run me my money right now." I hold my hand out to him.

" Damn calm down babygirl. He's gonna give you your money and I'm going to make sure of that." Jayson chuckles and kisses my forehead.

" Nah cause he almost played us last time. Come on hurry up."

Justin moves his double cup of lean to his other hand and rummages through his pants pocket for his wallet. When he grinds it he pulls out one crisp hundred dollar bill and six twentys along with a five dollar bill."

I take the money from him and fold it up neatly. Then place it inside my bra. "Thank you. Keke I'll be giving you your half tomorrow because I have to deposit this in the bank."

" Alright then." She shrugs.

" Y'all staying for the party? Two of our new bro's are coming. They just moved here. They cool peoples." Kareem says, playing with his fidget spinner.

" Umm.. I guess so. What time does it start?"

" In about 10 minutes everybody should be pulling up." Justin says. I look over at him to see Kiara still in his arms. They look cute together, but I just don't trust him.

" Aye there go the bro's!" Jayson says, pointing them out. They don't say anything as they walk up the sidewalk and then to the stairs. Jayson lifts me up off of him and goes down to the gate along with everybody else with him.

I sit on the step and furrow my eyebrows. Little Huey Freeman seemed to have changed his outfit thank god. Just looking at him made me hot and sweaty with that all black on. Instead he's wearing light colors along with his brother.

Me and Kiara watch as they dap them up. Little Huey smiles making me almost choke on my spit. A perfect smile with white teeth. Oh damn he's going to be one of those boys the girls rave about. But I don't like hood niggas so I'm straight.

Jayson and his crew lead them back up the stairs. I lift up from my spot and stand, making Kiara do the same.

" Ahh the boy with the dreads is here. I know who I'm going to be shaking this ass on tonight!" She mumbles to me. I burst out laughing this girl really is a trip.

" This is Analeigh and Kiara. Analeigh is my bestfriend and Kiara is her sister. But not biological." Jayson says, wrapping his arms around me once again.

" I'm Ayleo and this my little bro Mateo." The one with the dreads says, sticking his hand out for some dap. I look him in the eyes and dap him up.

" She's always looking mean it's just her facial expression." Justin says, reassuring them.

" Hell nah she's rude as fuck. Don't cross her wrong." Kareem laughs, looking at me. I roll my eyes at him and place my hands on my hip.

" Tuh." Mateo shrugs and laughs. Cocky much?

" What's funny? Cause clearly something was said that I didn't catch." I snap at him.

" You." He shrugs laughing again.

" Oooooh." The boys laugh and dap eachother up. My attention is set back on this Huey wanna be.

" What's to funny about me? "

" Your attitude. You think your something but your not." He says, looking directly at me.

I laugh a little then stop, " Oh baby boy you have a lot to learn about this neighborhood."

" Why? I've already lived here before. I know what goes on around and here and clearly it isn't you so.." He shrugs.

I'm taken a back about what he's said. I'm the one who runs this neighborhood and I'll be damned if he think he's going to come up in here trying to do the same.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.9K 3.9K 31
a term used when someone is known in their neighborhood, town or city for certain reasons. .. mostly by reputation, or infamy. like being talented or...
29.1K 1.2K 53
NEBULOUS | ❝memories turned nebulous.❞ DEFINITION: in the form of a cloud or haze; hazy. SYNONYMS: indistinct, indefinite, unclear, vague, hazy, clou...
233K 9.8K 81
where her idol comments on her instagram. correcting her grammar. ⇒ completed ⇒ social media
10.2K 233 11
ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ ᴊᴀɴᴀᴇ́ ɴᴀᴅɪʏᴀʜ ᴛᴀʜʀɪ & ᴅᴀʏsʜᴀᴡɴ ᴛᴀʏʟᴏʀs😮‍💨