Poison Paradise

By Buddhachips_

"Come here. I'll be good to you." She was his assistant. Nothing more, nothing less. He promised her paradi... More

| Introduction
01.
02.
03.
04.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.

05.

169 22 31
By Buddhachips_

I hid a frown when I saw his codename again, it was quite difficult for me to explain my growing antagonism for that very name, Unknown.

- Unknown has entered the chatroom -

MC

I see you took my advice and came here.

Unknown

How could I say no to my dear best friend?

"You wish you were my best friend!" I shouted out loud but then quickly covered my mouth, realizing how loud I was being this late at night.

I didn't hear any reply from him so, I went back to the chatroom and saw that they were already way ahead so I started reading the messages from before.

Unknown

Yes, you are my best friend and stop screaming.

Unknown

It's almost five in the morning.

Jaehee Kang

Hello, I'm Jaehee. I haven't had the pleasure to talk to you before but it's nice to meet you.

Yoosung

I'm Yoosung! Though, we have briefly talked before.

Yoosung

MC

Maybe if you didn't say stuff like that, I wouldn't scream at you.

MC

Believe me, Jaehee, meeting him was not pleasurable.

Unknown

Oh, so it's my fault that you start screaming because of everything.

Jaehee Kang

Should we go?

MC

No, stay!

MC

Sorry, Jaehee.

MC

He just gets on my nerves.

Unknown

You talk as if I worship you.

MC

I believe you do.

MC

After all, you want me to remember nothing but you.

After I tapped the send button I realized what I just had said. I knew he probably figured out what I was doing in the dark, in the kitchen before. He would've realized that the bottle was missing especially since I didn't bother to go and put it back.

"Oh, God." I groaned as I faced the ceiling, maybe tonight was going to be my last; no way, he wasn't going to kill me... right?

Unknown

I think you're confusing me with someone else.

Unknown

I would rather you know everything rather than just me.

I scoffed softly. He really was confusing me, one moment he was giving me the drug to erase my memory and then the other he was saying he would rather have me remember everything. What did he really want?

MC

Doesn't seem so...

Unknown

Well it's rather late now.

Unknown

Talk to you guys tomorrow, goodbye.

-Unknown has left the chatroom-

Jaehee Kang

Well Mr. Han is waiting for pancakes for Elizabeth 3rd.

Jaehee Kang

Goodbye, MC.

-Jaehee Kang has left the chatroom-

Yoosung

Guess I'll go to bed as well.

Yoosung

Bye bye!

I couldn't figure out that guy even if I tried to. It was as if he was from another world. He sure was something.

And with that thought in mind, I felt this blackness come over me. Like a blanket, but not a blanket of warmth but a blanket of coldness making me shiver. But somehow it made my eyes feel heavier and heavier. I finally close my eyes finally sending me into a place that was better than the reality.

Waking up can be really harsh, especially if your dreams are better than reality.

The saddest part of it is, though, that eventually, even the memory of your dream will fade - if you are even lucky enough to remember it that is. Then you're left with this lonely feeling of detachment, left to explore in the empty void of emotions, the only proof that you ever had the dream, to begin with.

A sigh escaped my lips, I never really appreciated dreams but right now if anyone asked if I wanted to live in that world, I would say yes without hesitation.

I slowly started to get up, taking my time to cherish the softness of the pillows and the blankets.

"I see you're awake, my assistant and best friend." I heard his voice and unintentionally rolled my eyes before looking at him.

I stood up and walked towards the window and looked outside, waiting for him to say something before he left or just leave.

"Maybe I should glue your eyes in place to keep them from rolling around that empty space inside your head."

"That's very kind of you but no thanks, boss," I said nonchalantly and turned towards him. "You're here again, which means you need something or just want to bother me."

I knew that he was standing in front of probably to murder me or maybe to give me one of his many other drugs; she imagined that maybe he had a closet filled with drugs, which was silly but not impossible.

"I just came here to say that breakfast is ready, which in your point of view might fit into both of the categories." He said and walked out of my room as I stood there with my mouth agape. I guess I'm safe for now.

I followed him to the dining room and saw the food already on the table. I noticed that there was only one plate on the table. "Where's your food?"

"I made this for you, I'll eat after you." He told me as I sat down on one of the chairs that were beside the table.

His response only made me realize that the food I was about to eat could very well be drugged. I glanced at him then at the food. "Why don't you eat this, I'll make something for me later."

My plan was simple, if he ate it then the food wasn't drugged but if he refused then I guess I'll have to make my own meals from now on.

"You know what maybe, I will." I saw him sit down beside me and slide the plate towards him. Without any reason, he smirked - just a small pouting of the lips; a narrowing of the eyes and a tilting of the head. It was so subtle, it was even more infuriating for me who caught a glimpse of it after making the foolish mistake of asking him to eat it, especially after yesterday.

I watched him as he picked up the fork and picked up a bit of the scrambled eggs and placed it in his mouth.

Maybe I should have just eaten it quietly.

For me the kitchen was an uncharted territory; even if I didn't have any memories - no thanks to him, I knew that I wouldn't be able to use anything in there.

I sat there quietly and watched him eat for which he grumpily replied. "Quit staring, it's creepy."

"You're one to talk." I shrugged lightly and stood up. "Well then see you, boss." I mocked a salute and walked towards my room.

"MC!" He called out to me and I turned my head slightly towards him.
That moment sort felt oddly familiar, and thinking about it just made her head hurt slightly.

"Even if this food had the drug you saw before, it wouldn't matter to me." I stiffened and I turned fully towards him. Now he had my full attention.

"Drugs don't work on me." The left side of his lip tugged upwards creating a sinister smirk on his face. The way he looked at me made me look away, and for the first time, I was really scared for my life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.3K 665 39
Mystic Messenger one shots and sometimes scenarios! I no longer take requests !I do not own Mystic Messenger or any of the characters mentioned! Cove...
15.9K 988 37
Misunderstandings arise when Jaehee Kang, Jumin Han's highly capable assistant, announces that she will resign from her position, after working for J...
1.1K 17 10
Falling in love with other men Paying attention to other people than him He got sick of it and did something about it ⚠️This will 100% have spoilers...
542K 21.4K 82
Error Code 404: not found The requested resource could not be found but... may be available in the future. Error Code 410: Gone The resource request...