first question... ~ Paul McCa...

By NotebooksandCoffee

[first book] She didn't want to be like the crazy fan girls, she just wanted to be normal. Amelia had always... More

•Prologue•
•Part 1•
•Part 2•
•Part 3•
•Part 4•
•Part 5•
•Part 6•
•Part 7•
•Part 8•
•Part 9•
•Part 10•
•Part 11•
•Part 12•
•Part 13•
•Part 14•
•Part 15•
•Part 16•
•Part 17•
•Part 18•
•Part 19•
•Part 20•
•Part 21•
•Part 22•
•Part 23•
•Part 24•
•Part 25•
•Part 27•
•Part 28•
•Part 29•
•Part 30•
•Part 31•
•Part 32•
•Part 33•
•Part 34•
•Part 35•
•Part 36•
•Part 37•
•Part 38•
•Part 39•
•Part 40•
•Part 41•
•Part 42•
•Part 43•
•Part 44•
•Part 45•
•Part 46•
•Epilouge•
SECOND BOOK!!
BOOK 2 IS HERE

•Part 26•

1.3K 38 9
By NotebooksandCoffee

August 6th 1965

They arrived outside a building that was brightly lit and iconic looking. Once they had stepped out the vehicle, the truly magnificent place was revealed.

"The Ritz!" She declared and her mouth fell open in shock.

"Correct" he said gazing at the large entrance proudly and then back at her. Amelia's reaction made him laugh quite hard.

After minuets of her trying to comprehend where she actually was and what was happening they walked in and were shown to their table for two. The reception was huge and was decorated as if everything was on a peach filter.

"Have you been here before?" She asked him as she gazed at the high ceiling.

"No, but I've always wanted t..."

"Mr McCartney and Miss Jordan, please follow me" the exceptionally dressed man spoke.

They were seated in the middle of the upper class congregation and smiled at the couple opposite them. Paul pulled out her chair for her to sit down and then returning to his.

"I never knew they served dinner" she said looking through the menu.

"They do now" he said copying her.

All of the items were not labelled with prices so it was hard to guess how much they were, but it wasn't going to be low. There was little to choose from but every dish seemed unique and different.

"I know" Paul said closing his menu "I'll choose for you and you choose for me" he said folding his arms.

Amelia was prepared to take on the challenge "alright then" and on queue the waiter waltz over to their table.

"For the Sir?" He asked in a thick French accent.

She thought actually trying to think of what he'd like "Beef Wellington" she smirked and he rose his face.

"And for the Madam?" He turned to him understanding what they were doing.

"Spiced Bresse Duck" he said leaning back in his seat and instantly she wanted to refuse but it was too late.

When the waiter had walked away she let out what she'd been desperate to say...

"I hate spice!" She said whispering and leaning over the table so the guests wouldn't be offended.

Paul chuckled taking a sip of his champagne "hate is a very strong word Lia" and chuckled some more making her shake her head.

She was dreading it, what if she had to spit it out? She couldn't do that especially in a place like this. But she was taken back by the appearance and it distracted her from the thought of the taste. Paul's followed soon after making her tummy rumble and wanted his more.

"Bon appetite!" The waiter said bowing and taking away their bread plates from their starter.

She picked up the next set of cutlery and Paul pulled a sarcastic smile as he dug into his meal. She swallowed and took a small bite of the duck. It was an overwhelming taste sensation, she thought she was going to fall out of her chair. The spice wasn't overpowering and blended in pure harmony with the other herbs.

"This is incredible" she said her mouthful and trying her best not to spray him.

"I knew you'd like it" he said smirking at her.

"How's yours?" She asked taking another large bite.

"Simply splendid!" He said in the most exaggerated accent.

"Oh I'm glad to hear it darling!" She replied mimicking him and laughed gaining a few of the people around them's attention.

They continued eating and pretending to act more posh than they actually were. Other people found it normal and some thought they were messing around but they didn't care. They were in their own little word. They quickly finished and sat drinking at least two bottles of champagne between them when the lights dimmed and the waiters started lighting little candles on each table.

"Do you know what the time is?" She's asked the waiter.

"10:20" he replied handing them the dessert menu then left.

"Lets do the same as last time" she said and he nodded.

Soon the waiter arrived again and took their orders. The couple talked some more until they were prepared.

"Rhubarb Soufflé for the lady" he said placing it down in front of her.

"And Coconut Mousse for the gentleman" he said and smiled as they thanked him.

They tucked in not being able to wait any longer. Amelia was not disappointed and neither was Paul. This was the best dish out of all of them. Rhubarb reminded her of her grandfathers vegetable patch where she would run around and ask to take bits and pieces home to make a crumble with her mother. Then she was flown back to a few hours ago and the row that had happened. She was not looking forward to going home.

"Cheese and Port?" The waiter asked once again as he took their plates.

"I think we'll just have the bi..."

"Cheese and Port sounds wonderful" she said smiling at Paul cutting him in.

"It will be ready in a minute" he said and walked away.

Paul sat and smirked again and she copied. He understood her now, she wanted to stay here forever with him so he let her. Besides he wanted to as well.

The board was brought out with a bottle of port and a variety of cheeses. A few hours flew by as they talked and drunk and talked and drunk some more.

"How about The Strange Lady" he said and they laughed.

"That's stupid! And also she isn't strange!" She replied taking another bite of the scraps of cheese left on their board.

"Well what shall we call it then?" He asked.

She swallowed the last mouthful of port "I don't know, why don't we just call it Eleanor Rigby?" She said and they agreed on the title.

"Where is everyone?" She laughed turning around.

"Oh they left hours ago" he replied checking his watch "it's nearly midnight".

She sighed "I really must get earlier nights or do this sort of thing at the weekend".

"Why?" He chuckled again finding everything funny.

"Because of my job, I have to be there at 8:30!" She said.

The pair were talking quite loudly by this point and it wasn't a surprise that everyone had gone.

"I'm afraid we are closing now" a waiter rushed over and said.

Paul payed for the meal and Amelia threw in the only money she had, which was thirty pounds, but it was quickly pushed back so that he payed the full price. They stood wobbly and thanked him for the meal then left. They stood shivering in the cold outside of the restaurant.

"Thank you for that" Amelia said politely.

"My pleasure. I enjoy spending time with you. After all, we now have the song title" he laughed and she joined.

"Let's go home" she said getting into his car and he drove her all the way back to her house.

They spent the hour yelling the lyrics to all the songs he played in his car and played them on full blast probably waking everyone up. By the time she arrived home, the radio was playing soft easy listening music perfect for the mood. She leaned in and kissed him long and hard, not know when she'd see him again.

"I'm doing some recording tomorrow and next week. You can come to the studio if you want, we may even do Eleanor Rigby" he smiled.

"Tomorrow? I have church tomorrow!" She laughed kissing him again then getting out of the car "I'll call you" she said remembering that he had given her his telephone number.

The passenger door shut and he waved leaving the side of the road. He drove off into the night as she watched his vehicle become smaller and smaller. Amelia braced herself for what was about to come as she crept into her silent house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.9K 1.5K 43
She would never understand why she signed the contract, but she did. A contract to be Paul McCartney's on screen girlfriend, but it seemed that contr...
12K 472 62
Amelia McCartney found the cure for loneliness. She found love in a place where love couldn't be found. She is surrounded by friends, family, and the...
81.6K 1.5K 67
1965 started off like any normal year, then one trip to visit my Uncle George at work turned out to completely change my life. Why, you ask? Because...
8K 352 27
He never grew up after his loss, but she did. He had been living in the past for the last 17 years, refusing to move on from what happened. No one wo...