Creative Commons - Copyright...

By seza123

Just a quick 5 chapter book explaining the Copyrights on Wattpad and what they mean. More

Intro
CC Components
Copyright Available on Wattpad
More Help

Purpose of CC

1.3K 28 1
By seza123

As I want to keep this guide brief and to the point, I won't be going into much detail about the history of Creative Commons (CC) etc. For more information check out the Creative Commons website which I will post a link to in the comments.

'Creative Commons helps you legally share your knowledge and creativity to build a more equitable, accessible, and innovative world'  (CreativeCommons.org)

Basically this means that creative commons allow the internet to be more open to everyone. If everyone on the internet completely owned their work, not letting it be shared or built upon, the world would be a lot more limited and there would be a lot more suing.

The best examples of this is Wikipedia and YouTube. People all coming together to work and possibly bring about change. Change such as scientific developments when scientists share results or even political change.

And what about 50 Shades of Grey? Wasn't that a fanfiction of Twilight?

Creative commons allow work to be built on. So it can be used (given a new purpose), remixed (changed/adapted) and redistributed (shared again).

I will be discussing the details of CC licences in the next few chapters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.5K 4.9K 15
ආදරේ කරන්න නොදන්න හිතකට ආදරේ කරන්න කියලා දුන්නු එයා ඒ ආදරේ අමතක කරන විදිහ කියලා දුන්නේ නැත්තන්...? ° nonfiction °
5.7K 98 26
homosexual oneshots. Most of the characters are Xhosa and all their names have meaning, also some lines are written in the language so feel free to a...
20.9K 687 29
the story takes place in Nevermore where Wednesday meet a tribrid that is Hope's twin sister who was misplaced at birth. her name is Faith Mikaelson...
578 99 13
In the garden town of Aldemore, demons lurk amongst mankind, in the shadow of an alley, on the frigid breath of winter and in the dying leaves of aut...