dEVIL {h.s. au}

Od InfiniteHStyles

"You know, most of us are just fallen angels, but some of us were just born in Hell," His deep voice utters... Více

dEVIL
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
published

Chapter Four

85K 3.2K 2.3K
Od InfiniteHStyles

After tossing and turning all night, I groggily pull myself off the couch, looking in every corner of the room for the green eyed boy. How did he even get in last night? I sigh, trying to stop my brain from asking the same questions it has been all night.

"Good morning," Hailee hesitantly says. She's making eggs in the kitchen, and she looks like she had the same kind of night I did.

"Hey. Did you sleep alright?" I hoist myself onto the counter next to her, swinging my legs in the air. She gives me a disapproving look, but I don't budge.

"Not really. What does he want?" She looks down at the sizzling eggs.

"I don't know. I plan on finding out, though."

"Tabby, you can't just think you're a detective. This guy is dangerous, I mean look at what he did to your head! Who knows how he got in the apartment last night!" She raises her voice, pointing the spatula at me.

"I know. I just want to know why he's stalking me or whatever he's doing." I mutter, looking at my hands in my lap.

"Do you want any eggs?" She asks as she opens the cabinets to get a plate for me.

"No, I think I'll just go home. I need to work out and do some laundry." I hop off the counter and grab my purse from the floor in the living room.

"Yeah, and change clothes!" She jokes, pointing at my outfit that I wore yesterday.

"Sorry I didn't exactly have time to pack for our little sleepover!" I laugh, and I feel as if everything is normal. I try to savor the moment as best I can, for I know it won't be like this for long.

"Call me if you need anything, okay?" She gives me a small smile, and I nod before walking out the door. Here goes nothing.

Instead of going home, I drive to the house that I met Duke's friend at. I quietly knock on the door, then scold myself for not being loud enough, but I'm too nervous to knock again. My knocks must have been loud enough, though, because the door swings open, revealing Duke.

"Hey, can I help you?" He asks with a confused smile. His hair is messy, he clearly just woke up.

"Sorry for bothering you. I didn't know you lived here, but I guess it saves me a step." 

"I'm sorry?" He drops his smile, just looking confused now.

"Uh, you know my friend Hailee, and I wanted to talk to you. I don't want her to know, though, so I was going to ask the guy who threw the party if he knew you, but here you are!" I explain, rushing the words out.

"Oh alright. So, what can I help you with that Hailee can't know?" He opens the door wider and motions for me to come in. Wow, this place is a lot nicer when it's not trashed and filled with dancing kids.

"Well, I wanted to ask you about your friend. He has green eyes, he's tall, uh, brown wavy hair." I try to describe him as best I can. I should of asked his name.

"Was he at the party?" His face is even more confused than earlier. 

"Yeah, you were going to set me up with him." I glance at the kitchen, remembering my encounter with him.

"I wasn't going to set you up with anyone with green eyes. Ted, my friend, is about my height with blonde hair and blue eyes." He frowns, placing his hands on his hips. My heart starts to panic. 

"Uh, are you sure? Cause the morning after the party, I was talking to a guy, and he said he was your friend. The one who was going to be with me for the night." I run my hand over the wound on my head, remembering the conversation in the kitchen.

"That guy was probably just trying to get you to go to bed with him or something. I don't know. Do you want to meet Ted or something?" 

"No, I don't want to meet Ted! Why would I want to meet Ted? I am trying to find out the name of the man who is stalking me!" I shout then look up at Duke with wide eyes. What is wrong with me? I'm shouting at a stranger.

"Woah, someone is stalking you?" His voice lowers almost to a whisper, like the green eyed boy will hear him. Well, who knows anymore.

"Yes. The guy I met in your kitchen keeps breaking into my home and now Hailee's home." I sigh. This obviously was a mistake. He can't help me, and the boy lied to me. He's not Duke's friend. I guess he did say he doesn't have friends, though.

"In Hailee's home? Oh hell no!" Duke interrupts my thoughts, anger now in his voice. Oh god. 

"I don't care if you want to be her hero or whatever, but please don't tell her I stopped by. She doesn't want me investigating. It was nice talking to you," I give him a small smile then let myself out. Damn it. Who is this boy?

From Duke's house, I go to the gym, then the library. I'm really just trying my best to stay away from home. Once I've spent two hours in the library, staring at the wall, however, I decide I need to go home.

When I get in the car, my heart lurches into my throat. A dark figure is sitting in the backseat. I whip around in my seat, but the car is empty.Of course. I'm going crazy, I swear.

No matter how many people break into my home, I think it'd still be comfortable. Well, at least until the sun goes down. After a hot shower and a microwave dinner, I wander into my room. Grabbing my laptop from my desk, I lay on my bed.

I spend at least twenty minutes searching things about stalkers on Google. I snort at the website I'm reading that gives tips like "Never speak to your stalker." How are you supposed to know what they want, then?

Maybe I'm the only one crazy enough to let someone stick around just so I can know what they want from me. Something in my doorway catches my eye, but once again, there's nothing there. I sigh, looking back at the ridiculous website.

A movement in the doorway catches my eye again, and for some reason, this one makes my heart stop cold. Slowly, I look up from the screen and lay my eyes on the green eyed boy. A small smirk plays on his lips. He's dressed in a black shirt with black jeans. How suitable. 

"Stalker tips? How intriguing. Who is stalking you?" He asks, a coldness in his voice. My stomach flops around at the sight of him.

"You." I breathe, trying my best to look brave.

"I'm not stalking you, though. I'm merely...well, we'll say attached to you." He takes a step into my room, and I scoot away from him.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I ask while a thousand thoughts run through my head. Did I lock the door? Are all my windows shut? Where's my phone?

"What do you think it means?" He barks, the veins in his neck making an appearance. I cower at his outburst, sinking into the bed.

"Why are you, uh, well, attached to me?" I stutter, looking at the wall.

"Look at me when you talk to me." He orders quietly. Well, that's a lot different than his yelling, but somehow, I prefer him yelling. I move my gaze toward him, and his lips twitch into a smile.

"Why are you attached to me?" I try to say with more confidence now. If I can look at him, I can speak without my voice shaking.

"That's not really important. You can't change it." He answers without actually answering me. I try to swallow the lump in my throat, thinking of my next question.

"Is there something you want?" 

"Do I have to want something besides you? I'm not here for money or any of that." He shrugs with a frown.

"Why did you send me this ring?" I remember his words from the night before.

"To remind you of something." He shrugs again and takes a step closer to the bed.

"Well, what is it that you're trying to remind me of? I've never seen this ring in my life." I glance at the ring, checking for the millionth time if it means anything to me. Yet again, it doesn't.

"You obviously don't know what the words are." 

"Obviously." I spit but immediately widen my eyes. I didn't mean to do it. He only laughs, though.

"Learn Latin, and you'll be able to read it. In fact, why don't you search it on your little computer right now?" He points to the laptop with a ghost of a smile on his lips.

Hesitantly, I pull the laptop closer to me, glancing at him every few seconds, scared he may harm me again. The curiosity in me is excited to learn the meaning, though. I pull up a translator and glance from the ring to my computer, typing the phrase.

I furrow my brows when the translation comes on the screen. This doesn't make any sense. I look back up at him, confused. He chuckles, shaking his head.

"I do hope your precious internet was correct in translating it?" He asks, taking yet another step towards the bed. When I try to scoot away, my back hits the wall. 

I shrug, not knowing what else to do. I mean, I guess the translation must be right, but what does that mean about all of this? I glance at the words scrawled on the ring. Diabolus enim vitae.

"You don't know? Well, I'll tell you. It means, the devil lives." He says with a hint of excitement in his voice, the corner of his mouth tugging up.

~~~~~

Hiiiiii. So, this chapter is shorter than usual, but I have company over, soo yeah. I kind of rushed writing this, so I don't know how proud I am of it.

If you wanna follow me on twitter (which you should) it's @/coffeecupharryx

Don't forget to vote and comment cause I love talking to you guys about the story! Also, don't expect every chapter to have the "green eyed boy." Just heads up :)

Love you allllll <333

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

23.3K 1K 46
[Book 2 Completed]His past is behind him, but is it really? He thinks he's grounded, leveled with sanity. But he's ever so dead wrong. For a differen...
333K 12.4K 36
"W-w'en w'll 'oo be b'ck, 'azzie?" "That's none of your concerns." Angelman Syndrome!Louis Businessman!Harry (Like always.) [Highest Ran...
27.3K 1.4K 37
Everyone has an angelic and demonic side to them, but what defines us is our choices which makes one more prominent insides of us. Jules was new to t...
27.2K 1.9K 37
"Liam, even though we aren't good people, there's one thing that you need to understand." "Yes, Dad?" "There are people in this world who are fra...