The Dance Partner (Laurence X...

By onhold26

You are 16 years old. You've been attending Phoenix Drop High for a year and no one has talked to you. That'... More

Preview
Prolouge
Chapter 1- Introductions
Chapter 2- The First Day
Chapter 3- Confidence
Chapter 5- Honesty
Chapter 6- Girls Night
Chapter 7- Fun
Chapter 8- Solo
Chapter 9- Teacher
Chapter 10- Blackmail and Suicide
Chapter 11- Truth
Chapter 12- Clearing Things Up
Chapter 13- Wake Up! You've Got A Date To Go On!
Chapter 14- Date?.. Date!
Chapter 15- Prank Time!
Chapter 16- Actually Dating?
Chapter 17- A New Project
Chapter 18- Misunderstanding
Chapter 19- Jelousy
Chapter 20- Kiss
Chapter 21- Dating
Chapter 22- First Night Class
Chapter 23- Joined Class!?
Chapter 24- FINALE
Help!

Chapter 4- Failure

3.5K 84 26
By onhold26

Your POV

We finally got to the class and I took off my sweatshirt and everyone was staring at me.

"Yes?" I asked trying not be rude.

Key word: TRYING!

It didn't work and the annoyance in my voice clearly took over.

Everyone walked away and I put my sweatshirt on the ground.

"Hey (y/n)." Laurence said shyly.

"Hey." I turned around.

"You ready for class?" He asked.

"Yup-" I was cut off.

"Ok guys! Today I'm going to working on one group today meanwhile the rest of you can condition and go back to the basics. (Y/n), Katelyn, Aphmau, and Kawaii~Chan come here please." Ms. Donna announced.

The four of us walked over to her.

"I wanted to have you guys dance to this song." Donna showed us the song.

After the song was finished she asked what we thought of the song.

"Kawaii~Chan thinks it's great." Kawaii~Chan said happily.

"I like the beat." Katelyn said.

"It's a bit more upbeat than what I'm used to but, I'm willing to try." Aphmau nodded.

"The song is very sassy." I commented.

"Sassy!" Donna exclaimed. "Sass is what you need and I'm glad you pointed that out (y/n)."

"Thank you." I thanked.

"Let's get started!" Donna said and with that we got started.

~•3 Hours Later•~

"Ok class, these 4 girls have a performance for you guys. After they're done you'll give them feedback and what you would change. Don't be rude but be honest."

The class nodded and we got in our positions.

Striped shirt- You
White shirt- Katelyn
Gray shirt- Aphmau
Black shirt- Kawaii~Chan

Everyone clapped. The four of us bowed and the cheers kept coming.

"That was awesome!" Dante commented.

"It was better than awesome." Travis said.

"It was perfect!" Garroth cheered.

We sat down with the rest of the class.

"How do the four of you think you did?" Donna asked.

"I thought we did great!" Aphmau exclaimed.

"Kawaii~Chan agrees with Aphmau~Senpai!" Kawaii~Chan agreed.

"I also agree with them." Katelyn smiled.

I kept quiet.

"(Y/n), how do you think you guys did?" Donna asked and everyone stared at me.

Terrible, I answered in my head.

"(Y/n)?" Katelyn asked.

A tear escaped my eye.

"Are you okay?" Aphmau asked worriedly.

I started to look around. I started to breath heavy. I couldn't take it.

"(Y/n)~Senpai?" Kawaii~Chan asked.

I bit my lower lip. I'm trying to hold back more tears.

I could tell tears were coming so I just ran out of the room.

Laurence POV (this'll be short)

Everyone was complimenting (Y/n) today and if I'm being honest, it made me kind of jealous. I don't have a crush on her but.. I don't know.

When she finished dancing she got more compliments. All the guys were giving them feedback but I couldn't. I had so much to say but I couldn't put it into words.

The teacher then asked how the 4 of them thought they did. Kawaii~Chan, Katelyn, and Aphmau were pretty happy with how they preformed but (y/n) kept quiet.

She started to look around the room in a panic and her breathing was messed up. I started to get really worried. The girls were trying to find out what was wrong with her but she didn't say anything.

Before I knew it she ran out of the room. As soon as she left I got up and ran after her.

Your POV (told ya)

I ran back to my room.

I know that my mom is looking down in shame. I've failed her. I started to cry.

"(Y/n)!" Laurence bursted into the room.

"What're you doing here?" I wiped the tears away quickly.

"You don't have to hide your tears from me." Laurence said to me.

"I wasn't crying." I lied as I cleared my throat.

"Come here." He sat down and patted the spot next to him.

I reluctantly sat down next to him.

"What's wrong?" He asked with a worried expression.

"My mom." I answered simply. "She passed away 2 years ago. She was the reason I started dance. I stopped dancing classes and just did it by myself; for fun. I couldn't go back to the classes and have to get people's pity. I really hate that."

"So, this is the first time you've danced in front of people in 2 years." Laurence put together.

"Yes." I nodded.

"I still don't understand." Laurence said. "Shouldn't you be happy that you got the courage to dance again?"

"You really don't get it." I shook my head.

"Sorry." He apologized.

"My mom encouraged me. My dad encourages me but it's not the same. I've been so much harder on myself." I said sadly.

"How?" He asked wanting more information.

"I stepped out of place, my outfit doesn't match the song or routine, I wasn't passionate enough, my facials were off, I wasn't into the song or routine enough. Things like that." I explained.

"None of those things are true." Laurence disagreed.

"I'm positive they're all true. I always mess up a dance." I shook my head.

"(Y/n), listen to me." He ordered. "I've seen the way you dance. Every time you dance you're so passionate. Every dance means something to you. You make your own. You're yourself when preforming and it beautiful. Everything is always perfect."

"Heh, you've gathered all of that seeing me dance twice?" I joked.

"I only had to see you dance once to understand the way you dance." He said truthfully.

He pulled me into a hug. It took me a few seconds to realize what was happening but, I eventually hugged back.

"I wouldn't wanna have any other dance partner." He said looking into my eyes.

I blushed.

Did my crush just say-

"Same here." I replied.

"Let's get back to class, we've still got a few hours left." Laurence smiled.

"Yeah." I nodded.

We walked back to class.

Everyone was really worried for me but I reassured them that I was alright.

We continued class and we started learning a new routine.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Video: Hip hop dance yonce beyonce

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Words: 1033

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 70 25
Have you ever met someone at a young age, and you thought you would be together forever? Well we have... ------------- There's no doubt that Laurenc...
23.9K 996 54
CONTENT CONTAINS : SEXUAL CONTENT HARASSMENTS DRUG USE VIOLENCE & STRONG LANGUAGE IF YOUR EASILY TRIGGERED OR UNCOMFORTABLE, DO NOT READ!! • " All t...
258 15 14
This new fanficton is all about what if minecraft diaries was an anime aka Manga series.This story is about aphmau who wakes up in the middle of the...
40.7K 1.7K 60
CONTENT CONTAINS : SUICIDAL THOUGHTS SUICIDE ATTEMPTS MENTAL ILLNESS EATING DISORDER SEXUAL CONTENT DRUG USE ABUSE TORTURE VIOLENCE & STRONG LANGUAGE...